Sci Fi Empires and Politics

Pat

Her Majesty Victoria
Ah, yes. Time for everyone incapable of having an original thought to copy and paste and then slightly alter another's sheet.

Crumbli

the Tea Time Tyrant
I feel as a rule we shouldn't allow extra galactic empires. I know it might be 'cool' for backstory and such but let's face it. Usually, it's just an excuse for someone to be over powered. I'm not saying everyone who goes that path will be playing the power game but to prevent it being a risk I suggest it gets black listed from the word go.

Wolfking

Knight of Nevermore
I'm not even going to lie, I'm gonna base a good little bit of my faction off the Terran Dominion from Starcraft. I've been playing it a lot lately and am inspired.

Pat

Her Majesty Victoria
Nice edit. Anyway, that isn't exactly unoriginal. It's merely a descriptor, one that would be familiar with us, and for obvious reasons isn't the word that the species that my character is from would use.
I feel as a rule we shouldn't allow extra galactic empires. I know it might be 'cool' for backstory and such but let's face it. Usually, it's just an excuse for someone to be over powered. I'm not saying everyone who goes that path will be playing the power game but to prevent it being a risk I suggest it gets black listed from the word go.
If someone intends to power game, usually its also obvious from the word go. My sheet would be riddled with references to how superior and great my faction is over everyone else's.

Wolfking

Knight of Nevermore
My guys will be extremely advanced in stellar travel. They would need to be to get out of the higher gravity centers of the core of the galaxy. But other then that they will be roughly average.

Oh, and armored Terran Marines. Because I am unoriginal atm.

Pat

Her Majesty Victoria
I think at first the GMs intend for us to be more or less the same. Research and priorities of our respective empires would gradually change that, I guess.

Karcen

Ten Thousand Club
Not sure why they would have unless they abandoned all thier tech and education saying screw science that has had to be the only thing sustaining us on that long journey if anything you should be more advanced

Pat

Her Majesty Victoria
Not sure why they would have unless they abandoned all thier tech and education saying screw science that has had to be the only thing sustaining us on that long journey if anything you should be more advanced
In a word, priorities happened. When you run out of resources and almost every white collar profession is rendered obsolete, your sole concern is survival. They didn't come to a settled world, they came to an entirely undeveloped one on the verge of tearing each other apart for table scraps. Exploration fleets and colony ships aren't supposed to be self-sufficient forever. While these ones made it far, they had to improvise every step of the way. Even our own astronauts and cosmonauts and so on, they've had to come up with creative solutions to problems they could've never anticipated planning for their missions.

Karcen

Ten Thousand Club
So ships that must have lasted hundreds if not thousands of years without any source of new materials aside from likely a small pool of spare parts simply broke down and your people forgot how to do any of it because all thier systems were rendered corrupt within a few years

Pat

Her Majesty Victoria
So ships that must have lasted hundreds if not thousands of years without any source of new materials aside from likely a small pool of spare parts simply broke down and your people forgot how to do any of it because all thier systems were rendered corrupt within a few years
Not a few years. Things just gradually became worse over time, and repair jobs just couldn't eventually be done with spare parts, improvisation, and whatever resources they managed to collect on the way. The ships themselves never broke down, they served well, but eventually they were just gutted for materials as things went to shit on the surface. The problem wasn't the technology, although it was on its last legs, it was the people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)