• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Ryken City] The Alchemist's Heirloom

Connor Erland
charc.jpg

Mentions: Novama Novama DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Gothixx Gothixx Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia saxon saxon Femboy Femboy

The group was quick to arrive at another town, Lingrifin, courtesy of the portal that they were just able to make use of. Jura is most definitely still in bad shape, but there was nothing else Connor can do as of the moment. To be honest, that was what I was expecting anyway… Connor hoped he could improve his own abilities soon to help in situations just like the one they are in right now. For the moment though, they would just have to wing it.

Kiercey seemed to still be quite guarded, but Connor put that aside for now. Kiercey’s suggestion made sense. With all the others splitting off towards various places in the town. Someone has got to keep watch over Jura, that is true, and so Connor volunteered himself for that role. He followed Gunhild and Aurae out towards the local church.

“Gotcha, I’ll be helping you watch over him, Gunhild. Besides, setting aside some time to potentially get more information can’t be that bad.”

Actually, while they were waiting, they could probably make use of this time to get more familiar. From what he was taught and trying to put into practice, team cohesion will be essential for any adventuring party. He pointed his thumb over towards his back, indicating the violin that he carries around.

“Anyway, if you weren’t able to tell yet, this is kind of my thing. I’ll be working more on supporting you all, ideally… Well, there’s still a lot of work to be done with my magic, but I promise my swordplay is still decent! You look strong, do you have a lot of experience in this kind of thing?”

🎤KEIRCEY🎤
INTERACTIONS: Gothixx Gothixx Renny Renny Novama Novama Femboy Femboy saxon saxon Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

• Journey for the artifact

Apparently, no one else had any better ideas, which, given the situation, was understandable when there was little the party could do that was in their control. The group also seemed to split up quite easily on it's own in terms of who would do what with no argument, which the construct was grateful for. In much more pressing matters, the idea of that in this kind of situation was an unpleasant one. While Gunhild, Aurae and Conner had gone to keep an eye on Jura and hopefully get the aid of the church. Marinka had already gone off to ask around, Keircey did the same. Though he felt reluctant, he didn't show it, he also had to contribute if the group was going to go anywhere. Despite the risks, he walked up to someone nearby and asked.

"Uhh Hi? Would you know anything about the area?"

Actions:
    Action 1: start asking around

Jura
Mentions: Femboy Femboy saxon saxon Renny Renny
1704416600622.png

Jura had avoided speaking much during the location switch. His body still felt the lingering burn of the flames which had almost consumed him not too long ago. Gunhilds back was the only place he could retreat onto in order for his wounds to cause him the least amount of pain. However the least amount of pain still amounted to agony which made his body feel the flame anew. Looking over at the shoulder of the large lizard woman once the group began making plans to deal with his condition. Jura tried vocalizing some basic vowels but failed spectacularly, sounding similarly to a sloth. Taken away by Gunhild, Aurae and Connor to find someone to fix him up. The local priest was selected for this task. Healing Magic tended to cost MONEY. Jura wasn't in possession of any at the moment and he highly doubted his new companions were up to making donations to the local church. Laid down on a table and shivering at the cold stone on his burned flesh. Jura was given what one might call the Poor Persons Patch Up. The gods had a sense of humor it would seem. Denied the best they could do because of poverty. Very very light healing was applied to ensure Jura wouldn't get any worse while they began to wrap him in bandages. His vocal cords were fixed just in time for him to scream in pain while they held him down to properly wrap his body. The end result was Jura looking like a mummified corpse while still breathing. Perhaps he would be healed in time and after he could afford good medical care.

Mentions: Gothixx Gothixx Renny Renny DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia saxon saxon Femboy Femboy
OOC: Gothix skip 1. Jura does not possess a catalyst, he could use more healing
Time: 11:00am
Weather: cold and gray skies
TLDR: jura and some of the party receive temporary aid
Post Listening:

Lingrifin

1704078038783-png.1135165

1704426998039.pngAs the group dispersed through the streets of Lingrifin, each with their burdens and missions, Aurae found herself under the solemn eaves of the local church. The building was a modest structure of stone, its façade adorned with carvings that whispered of the ancient and the divine. Tall, narrow windows allowed slivers of light to pierce the interior, illuminating the statues and alcoves dedicated to the pantheon of Ryke. Each deity was represented in loving detail, from the mightiest to the most mysterious, with special places set aside for prayer or worship of select other deities and pantheons. The air within was heavy with incense and the silent prayers of the devout.

A representative of the church, a middle-aged cleric with a face marked by years of service and concern, approached Aurae as she entered. The cleric's robes were a deep maroon, embroidered with the symbols of healing and protection. "Welcome, child," the cleric greeted her, voice soft yet carrying the weight of responsibility. "I am Sister Elowen. How may we assist you today?"

Aurae explained Jura's dire condition, the cleric's brow furrowed in sympathy. "We will do what we can for your friend," Sister Elowen assured her, "but understand, our resources are limited, and typically reserved for the hunters upon whom our town relies." She paused, her gaze imploring. "A donation to the church would help us replenish what we use on his behalf." Despite the phrasing, the cleric left no room for misinterpretation with her expression or level of treatment offered to Jura: someone would have to pay up.

1704427173547.png
Meanwhile, Marinka sought out knowledge on Sanguine Hollow, her eyes settling on a grizzled hunter whose presence commanded respect. He was a tall man, his face weathered by countless encounters with the dangers that lurked beyond the town walls. His gear was a collection of trophies and tools, each telling of battles fought and beasts bested. As she approached, he turned to her, his gaze sharp and assessing.

"I'm Garrick, what do you want, lass?" he asked, his voice a rumble like distant thunder. Marinka asked about Sanguine Hollow, and Garrick's expression turned solemn. "Aye, I know of it, but I've no time for tales today. Seek out Old Marn at the inn; he's seen more years and knows more stories than any here."

Back in the streets, Keircey approached a townie, hoping for some guidance. The response was curt and to the point, "Go ask a hunter," leaving Keircey with little choice but to seek out those more knowledgeable about the land.

As Jura was laid down for care in the church, the spare clothes provided by Keircey fit him suspiciously well, almost as if they were meant for him. Jura's pain ebbed slightly under the care of the church's healers, their skill evident even in the simplicity of their work. "Your friend will need the aid of the church head, his wounds are too grievous to treat with what we have on hand. However, the church head is not expected to return until tomorrow," Sister Elowen confessed after some palliative care had been provided.

🎤KEIRCEY🎤
INTERACTIONS: Gothixx Gothixx Renny Renny Novama Novama Femboy Femboy saxon saxon Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Well, the person's response was rude, but reasonable. Keircey apologized briefly for bothering the stranger before looking for some hunters to ask. He wondered how the others were doing with Jura. Hopefully they could manage to get some aid, if not, they would have to journey with a burnt broken human. Which would suck for everyone. As he searched for a hunter he saw Marinka, who seemed to have been one step ahead.

'Did she find something?'

He knew to still be cautious around her, if anything a part of him which she had been in the place of Aurae or Connor. But now wasn't the situation. He walked up behind her as the man had stopped talking. And then asked.

"Have you found anything?"

Actions:
    Action 1: look for a hunter
    Action 2: see if Marinka found anything

(zzghn)
Gunhild

20230927_184330.jpg

(Titles: Beast, Fae, Large, Thoroughly Petted, Saviour of Golden Wheat, Otherworlder (Isekai'd))
Character Sheet
Character Theme
Languages: Common, {Sylvan}, <Beastial>

Gunhild waited to hear about the assistance they could get Jura, falling disappointed to find out that the way they needed to heal him back to full health wasn't anywhere to be found for the day which would make it an obnoxious difficulty in order to get him in shape to be of any assistance. Looking to Aurae and Connor now that they knew of the issue, Gunhild asked what was going on in their minds about the situation.

"Wait-day is long now-time. Fire-bait uncooking is long-time timesing. Gunhild ask if waiting for Firebait or whats?... " Gunhild asked, since sitting around an entire day just to wait for an unnecessary complication seemed rather ridiculous to the lizard, but considering she needed to get through the entire thing with as many smols intact as possible, she'd have to care about this one too even if they were very self-destructive.​

Aurae.png
Aurae Faren

E Grade Character

Titles: Elf, Nomad, Native, Mundane

mentions: Novama Novama Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Renny Renny Gothixx Gothixx Femboy Femboy

Abilities/cooldown/Actions

1. Used Butter up

Aurae listened to the sister as she explained the position and the cost of such a feat. Well I cant say that I didn't see that coming at all. She thought to herself as she rested her forehead in the palm of her hand. She wasn't surprised this was going to take a lot of resources to heal him back up. He did burn himself after all and that was the problem that they were now all facing. She looked back over her shoulder at the burned individual, the smell still disgusted her but desperate times called for desperate measures she supposed.

"We would be grateful for whatever you can do for our companion, as I said he isn't the brightest one in the group. But, we will need everyone to be able to accomplish the request we have taken on." Aurae explained as she let out a small sigh ready for at least the smell to go away. At least she hoped to have him healed with change though at this point well that would have to be found out later. Though with the lack of resources well that was the problem itself. The smell might just be burnt into him literally at this point.

Aurae reached into her garments and pulled out a coin pouch before pulling out twenty rykes. "I hope this is enough to at least start the treatment our crispy friend can pay you back the rest if there is still more that needs to be given," She explained before turning to Gunhild who had asked the question. "Well I think at least one of us needs to keep an eye on him until tomorrow. He really can't do anything for himself right now," she pointed out.

Jura
Mentions: Renny Renny saxon saxon @SonaRadar

Jura rolled off the bed and felt his skin burn a little beneath the carefully applied bandages. He was in no way better but he could at least move around again. Searching around the church for materials. The creepy looking Jura spooked the younger nuns with his antics. Finally he seemed to find what he was looking for in a trash pile a rather large sister was attempting to remove from the premises. Scuttling into the trash like a crab. Jura pulled out a battered up goblet and a broken broomstick. Since his catalyst had been destroyed, he'd have to make a new one. Catalysts needed to be made from specific materials in order to properly function. Luckily Jura was in a Church, which tended to have magical virgins. "This stick handled by virgin hands and this cup touched by virgin lips are perfect for making a cane catalyst" was what Jura said to the nuns who inched away from him. Picking up a piece of glass and carving runes along the shaft of the broken broom. Ordinarily he would not attempt to draw power from the divine but he needed to right now. Hence he laid out his prayers to Lao-Shan Shesha, the God of Chaos. A god usually only worshipped by the utterly insane or those wishing for the end. One might wonder why he doesn't ask the Fire God for help. Asking the Fire God for help only got him as far as Fireball. If the safer gods of Ryke would not offer their blessings. Jura would offer his prayers unto a god who was often depicted as a big snake eating planets.

Actions
.Scuttle
.Assemble Trash
.Pray to a probably evil god

Mentions: Gothixx Gothixx Renny Renny DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia saxon saxon Femboy Femboy
OOC: Gothix skip 2. Renny skip 1. Jura could use more healing
Time: 11:20am
TLDR: the cleric says the head priest can fix gunhild's brain and garrick repeats himself. Jura gets a nod from a god but only time would tell if it means anything.
Post Listening:

Lingrifin

1704427173547-png.1136163
1704426998039-png.1136155
Keircey, finding Marinka with Garrick, and approached. Garrick, his attention partly on a rookie hunter's near-miss with a spear, responded with a coarse and direct tone. "I'll tell you what I told your friend: ask Old Marn at the inn," he grumbled, pointing them towards the inn named 'The Hunter's Rest'. His demeanor made it clear that further questioning was unwelcome, as he turned to scold the novice hunter with a stern shout, emphasizing the importance of vigilance and precision in their craft.

Meanwhile, in the church, Sister Elowen overheard Gunhild's unusual manner of speaking. With a mix of concern and curiosity, she addressed the group, her eyes soft yet filled with a certain keenness. "I'm sorry, I did not realize this special one was in need of healing as well," she remarked gently, suggesting that the head priest might be able to restore Gunhild's ability to speak properly or other mental shortcomings. Her gaze shifted towards Aurae, and with a practiced grace, she subtly nudged the offering plate, a hint that additional contributions would be welcome. Yet, her smile and tone carried a warmth that eased any tension her words might have caused.

In the back of the church, Jura's unorthodox ritual to create a new catalyst had an unexpected witness. Somewhere, in a realm unseen and unfathomable, a bodiless chaos deity observed his actions with a malevolent nod of approval. Jura, oblivious to this otherworldly attention, completed his makeshift catalyst, uncertain of its efficacy. Only a test would reveal if his prayers to the deity of chaos had been answered.

Marinka Ruscenu
VrNyFpZ.png

E Grade Character
  • Simple Bow
  • Rations
  • Waterskin
  • Small Coin Purse
  • Found the inn
  • Discuss with Keircey what to do next
Tags: Novama Novama DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia saxon saxon Femboy Femboy Renny Renny

Marinka gave a slight sigh then waved at the hunter as she turned away from him. “Thanks, it’s not much but it’s a start.”

She turned on her heels and began walking the busy streets. Her eyes glanced at some of the signposts for many storefronts and trading stalls trying to find the one that read The Hunter’s Inn, only to be interrupted when Keircey called out to her. She hadn’t spent much time with her new teammates individually and didn’t know too much about their backgrounds or where they came from before stumbling upon the quest they were set out on.

Even now with Keircey approaching her, she briefly took a second to try and remember his name. Her brows furrowed together as she concentrated, before shaking her head and mustering up a polite smile at him. “Hm, not yet. But I did get a lead.”

Marinka gestured for him to follow her as she continued down the road, her gaze going from building to building. “One of the hunters said we’d be better off asking at the inn. Been trying to find it ever since.” She stopped suddenly, finding one of the larger buildings that had more people in it than the other ones. As she squinted at the sign her smile grew as she picked up her pace towards it.

“We just gotta ask the guy that runs the place, Old Marn, if he knows anything and if that doesn’t work, we’ll bug everyone in there ‘til they give us something. Shouldn’t be too hard!” She gave Keircey a reassuring grin. Her thought briefly went back to Jura and the others as her smile slowly left her face and was replaced with a look of concern. “Would it be best to try and ask for a room here too? You saw the burns on that guy…Jeru was it? I doubt even the greatest healer could fix him up ready to go by today. He was barely noticeable after, well, exploding. How do you fix that in a few hours?”

Marinka had no knowledge of magic or how exactly it worked. But from a perspective from someone that has fallen sick plenty of times, she knew bedrest was usually the way to go about getting healed. Despite that paling in comparison to Jura’s injuries. Maybe it was best to wait and see if the others had any luck with getting him back into shape before they made plans to head to Sanguine Hollow.

coded by archangel_

🎤KEIRCEY🎤

"Well, a lead is a lead."

That was what he told Marinka before listening to her explain as they began walking towards the Inn, and how if this Old man Marn wasn't going to give them answers, that they'd bug everyone in the Inn. Keircey thought of the contrary of that, because that could possibly very well get them all kicked from the building. He knew neither of them would be exactly the most persuasive. At best, they could be a little deceiving, but nothing that would likely persuade the innkeeper. But that was if he wasn't willing to give any information about Sanguine Hollow. He had assumed she was a tid bit worried about Jura, which was proved by what she said next. Keircey replied.

"I don't know about a room. I don't know maybe if you have the rykes for it, but I don't have any."

To an extent, he didn't need food or sleep, he was pretty resilient to fatigue, which was how he made it this far from the Duchy to begin with.

"I do not know much about the human body, but I do hope the church can repair Jura...at least enough for us to continue our journey anyway. Now let's hope the others are making some headway."

With all that he said, he walked inside the Inn. There seemed to be plenty of people... However, he walked up to who seemed to be running the inn. Hoping it was Marn, he says,

"Are you Marn? A friend of mine was told by a hunter you knew some stuff about the area...any stories you might be able to share?"

He was hoping he worded that right. He wished he was able to have learned some amount of etiquette. But given his prior and current situation, that hadn't been the case.

---

Actions:
    Action 1: go to the Inn with Marinka
    Action 2: talk with Marinka
    Action 3: enter the inn and attempt to talk to Marn

(zzghn)
Gunhild

20230927_184330.jpg

(Titles: Beast, Fae, Large, Thoroughly Petted, Saviour of Golden Wheat, Otherworlder (Isekai'd))
Character Sheet
Character Theme

saxon saxon Novama Novama Renny Renny Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Gunhild grumbled with impatience as Aurae said that someone would likely need to keep an eye on the injured man in question, not wanting to have to waste a full day babysitting someone who exploded themselves as she thought for a moment believing it was likely to end up bejng her who was pawned with such a boring burden for it would be easier for her to drag him around for the day if need be rather than anyone else. Before she could think of what to do now, the big lizard heard the comment that one of the sisters had made about her also having a need for healing support as she recognised what the girl had meant by it, glaring and huffing in her direction.

"Gunhild  not need healsies, Gunhild not broke. Lady-Smol brains may be broke" Gunhild answered back in judgment, especially after seeing the attempted coercing of money out of Aurae that would feed back into the Church. The big reptile shook her head in disappointment as she poked Aurae with the tip of her claw and muttered to her.
"Feed no free shinies to 'follow-mages'. 'Follow-mages' follow some-none thingy and silly smol give shinies for thems? Firebait can pays for uncooking pays more, did not come to portal town-place to pay for silly-people healsies" Gunhild answered as she grew bothered with how things were going, hoping that the others they were with originally were having any better luck with scouting for leads. Sighing knowing that she would inevitably come back for Jura anyway to make sure all the smols made it back alive, wondering what was exactly supposed to be done for the time being as she surmised an idea.

"Flitty-bibby's smol gooblets babysit Babycoal while Flitty-bibby and Toothpaste go finds sleep-place for Babycoal, follow-mages maybehaps not have for many-more time, and Babycoal a stinker too" Gunhild supposed as she suggested Aurae's retainers watch him while she and Connor go to look for a place to put him for the night, possibly hoping that they could maybe even manage to give him a bath too before they had to set out with him. Spending time with Jura was giving Gunhild an idea why Regula wanted her to do the same, although she had never been that appalling ever.

"Gunhild look for smart-things, and helpsies, and food. Gunhild come from far and not very much eats, must do before Gunhild eats Babycoal. Mayhaps Gunhild do a do sometime waity for Coalbait to heal" Gunhild supposed as she knew she wasn't going to sit around the entire time, believing that she could be doing anything else with her time since they would still have to explain to their initial hander of their quest how they spent an entire day tending to wounds that weren't even reasonably related.
"Do a do goods, Gunhild be back later-times to check if Babycoals or Bibby and Paste are heres, Gunhild come find later" the big lizard answered as she chose to take her leave, reaching to give the smols Aurae and Connor a pat on the head before going elsewhere for the time being. Hoping that maybe there was convenient help somewhere not relating to the church or that she could find anything else to entertain her time with if they weren't going anytime soon, Gunhild expected that things couldn't get much worse if left out of eyesight for a little while. Besides, fully grown smols should be able to take care of themselves for a little bit while the big adults were away doing important matters like looking to stay healthily fed and satiated.

Jura
Mentions: Femboy Femboy Renny Renny saxon saxon

Jura completed his makeshift cane catalyst without much issue. Crafting it to such a degree that it hopefully could withstand his small but potent amount of magical energy. Although his skin still crawled and burned beneath his bandages. It was less noticeable now that he could actively control the flames again. Fire was both a useful tool and a dangerous force of nature. Jura had pushed his powers too far and now his scorched self was the result. Although this was a temple dedicated to one of the better known gods. The bandage clad mage sought to honor the God of Chaos for his blessing in the forging of Jura's newest tool. Not knowing how to properly honor the foreign deity. He chose something simple and to the point. Seeing that the large sister had dumped the trash out back to be disposed of later. Jura crawled along the ground like a spider towards the pile of refuse. Staring intently at the collection of garbage before nodding his head a few times. An eager Jura made sure to follow fire regulations for this populated part of Ryke. Holding up his makeshift fire cane. Jura tried to let some of the burning inside of his body out onto the pile. Utilizing his new cane to burn the trash was a perfect way to test its capabilities in the most random of ways.

Actions
.Spider Crawl to Trash
.Smol Fireball = Fire Affinity F + Magic F + Magic Area of Effect F + Magic Targets F

OOC: Gothix skip 2. Renny skip 2. Saxon skip 1. Jura could use more healing, clothes, and a catalyst
Time: 11:30am
TLDR: some of the party find old marn. other members of the party start fires or are blamed for starting fires or may succumb to fires if they mia for long.
Post Listening:

Lingrifin

In the bustling tavern of The Hunter's Rest, Keircey and Marinka found themselves amidst the early lunch crowd, a mix of hunters and townies who had started their day at the crack of dawn. The atmosphere was lively, filled with the clatter of cutlery and the murmur of conversation, the air rich with the aroma of hearty meals.

In a corner of the tavern, a man caught their attention. He was older, with a beard streaked with gray and eyes that sparkled with a hint of mischief. Marn, as they learned he was called, sat alone at a table, his meal consisting of a hearty stew and a pint of dark ale. His attire was that of a seasoned hunter, though the wear on his clothes spoke of years spent more in the tavern than the forests.

"Aye, you've found Old Marn," he said with a wry grin, noticing Keircey's approach. "And who might you be? More greenhorns looking to chase tales and shadows?" His tone was teasing, yet there was a keenness in his gaze as he sized up the newcomers.

As the tavern filled, the noise level rose, yet the sudden commotion outside drew everyone's attention. A plume of smoke rose in the distance, the scent of fire carried on the wind. Panic stirred among the patrons as they rushed to the windows, witnessing the chaos unfolding.

Meanwhile, at the church, Jura's experiment with his newly forged catalyst had taken a disastrous turn. The catalyst, unable to contain the chaotic energy, exploded in a burst of fire, engulfing the trash, parts of the church, and nearby buildings. Jura, caught in the heart of the explosion, was thrown several yards away, his body smoking on the ground. The clothes he had been given were reduced to tatters, his condition worse than before. (alive but 2nd time he died if this was a worlds rp)

As the townspeople noticed the fire and smoke, whispers and accusations began to spread, with many assuming Gunhild, the dragon-like beastwoman seen earlier, to be the culprit. Her unusual appearance and recent presence in the town made her an easy target for suspicion.

The scene at The Hunter's Rest turned from a casual gathering to one of concern and confusion. Marn, momentarily distracted by the chaos, returned his attention to Keircey and Marinka. "Seems you've picked quite a day to visit Lingrifin," he remarked dryly. "But let's get to your questions before this place empties out to gawk at dragon fires, eh?" Despite the growing commotion, Marn seemed ready to share what he knew, his demeanor suggesting a man who had seen more than his fair share of strange days.

1705116603945.png

(zzghn)
Gunhild

20230927_184330.jpg

Character Sheet
Character Theme
Novama Novama Renny Renny saxon saxon Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Gunhild grumbled to herself as she tried to calm herself about the things she was having to deal with, having hoped this would be a lot less problematic than the apparent explosive she may need to carry around. Sighing to herself as she tried to not be frustrated at the entire thing, she mumbled to herself trying to convince herself that this would be the complete lowest point.
"Gunhild is strongest, bestest Gunhild. Gunhild can do the dos fine and Gunhild. Gunhild just need a now-time to resties while Firebait is healsing... " Gunhild grumbled to herself as she was mentally telling herself that she could gaslight herself into thinking things could be okay-

Before disappointedly she must have jinxed it as something else was gaslit elsewhere as she glanced back in the direction she came from, looking up to see the pillars of smoke rising from where she once was. Understanding what said smoke usually foretold, Gunhild huffed and grasped her face in frustration.
"Gunhild, hates this... " Gunhild grumbled as she overheard the murmurings of locals that seemed to be addressing her to the cause. Deciding that discrediting her name was not worth it, she knew she would have to return back to the church and try to clear up that nothing was her fault. And then afterwards, she would check if the burning moron was alive to be used as bloody and sooty chalk for his own gravestone. Gunhild would remember to pick out the most terrible rock for his gravestone.

Turning back around in order to return back to the scene of what shouldn't even be considered as any sort of accident at this point, Gunhild just sighed as she witnessed the burning apparent mess that was created by Jura who was now visibly lying on the ground. She hadn't seen his barely-clinging-to-life body be launched from the initial burst of flames, so she was just questioning what person dragged him out first as she didn't know of any water to help with the local issue.
"Other-smols, find waters for burnses. Fire-spread is BAD, wet the fire and makes it no-fire" Gunhild requested aloud to any locals in the vicinity, unsure if they had any emergency access to water or any sort of water-magic users around as she recalled multiple healers and even two other party-members being in the building.
"Gunhild will get smols in fire-houses, do NOT let stinky firebait move or touch a-thing. Firebait is firemaking, Firebait must NOT fire ever again, Firebait is problem-smol. Stinkysmol problem-child" Gunhild said as she pointed to Jura's body, hoping that people would get the idea that it was Jura's fault and to not let him move a muscle or do anything in case he made things worse. Sighing as she was already acknowledging in her head to call it quits after this entire thing and claim that it's 'safer for all involved, specifically safer from themselves and eachother', she would try to look for anyone within the burning church and buildings neighbouring it to move them out to safety. She quietly murmured to whatever powerful God(s) or whomever looked over this church would bless her with mercy and blessings for how much she would have to put up with.
"Bigger-than-Hilds, help Gunhild. Gunhild ask nice, Gunhild not evil, just Gunhild. Gunhild not hurt smols ever... maybehaps Coalbaby, but not real smols. Smols will listensies to a Bigger-than-Hild" she mumbled in quiet prayer with her head briefly lowered in respect as she had went in.

Actions
1. Use Feature: Fur Growth to lose any fluff and fur still on her to prevent burn or ruin.
2. Use Superstrength (F) to move any rubble or debris out of the way to search for people.

Last edited:
Aurae.png
Aurae Faren

E Grade Character

mentions: Novama Novama Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Renny Renny Gothixx Gothixx Femboy Femboy

"Ah no, I don't think your healing will work on her Sister. There is something natural about the whole matter if you catch my drift. Only heal him to the point that the rykes cover he can pay for the rest if he wants more," Aurae stated as she shook her head, the whole quest had turned into a shit show in a matter of moments. Though at this point, she wasn't beyond just leaving Jura to his own devices.

Aurae was about to speak with the nun only to feel something warm and the smell of smoke. Turning around, she saw Jura once again by a fire and the fact the fire had now spread to the church and probably to several of the buildings outside. "We can't take our eyes off you for a minute now, can we!" She shouted as she and the rest of the elves quickly left the church as Gunhild talked about people getting water. The whole situation seemed to deteriorate constantly, and at this point, she was just going to hand the burned Jura over to the local guards if she could find one after the fires had been dealt with.

"Start finding buckets and start pouring the water on the fires!" Aurae told her retainers as they quickly started to go off and find buckets they could use to remedy the situation. Though there was going to be a very long discussion actually, no discussion she was just going to pass him off and call it a day. They had wasted enough time and energy on someone who didn't want to be saved. But for now she had the fires to focus on, "When you find water and a bucket form a line and pass the buckets down!" She exclaimed as she went to go find a bucket herself.

🎤KEIRCEY🎤

From the sounds of it, it seemed to be normal for travelers to ask Marn for stories...at least that's only what Keircey could gather, that is what it sounded like to the construct when the human spoke of 'greenhorns'. He nodded. He had been about to speak when smoke suddenly filled the room. It took some serious self-containment for Keircey to keep his calm. If it was Jura like he thought it was at that might it might just be in their best interest to leave him. In addition, showing a reaction besides fear in confusion might lead someone to believe of a connection. So he simply steered his mind away from the smoke he had a task to complete. It however, didn't stop him from thinking.

'if it's Jura...we are better off abandoning the dumbass. Especially if he can't be left to his own devices.'

As Marn spoke again, Keircey replied, trying to act casual.

"Agreed. Thank you, Mr Marn. Just anything about the area generally will do, though we did hear of a place called 'Sanguine Hollow'?"

Though he did hope whatever the situation was it wasn't too serious. He didn't remember much from his past life, but he knew and understood to an extent that humans can be damaged to the point of not being able to be 'fixed' or 'remade'.
    ---
    Actions:
    Action 1:talk with Marn

Marinka Ruscenu
VrNyFpZ.png

E Grade Character
  • Simple Bow
  • Rations
  • Waterskin
  • Small Coin Purse
  • Speak to Old Marn
Tags: Novama Novama DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia saxon saxon Femboy Femboy Renny Renny

“Ah…well I was hoping one of our companions would have enough for a small room at least.” Marinka muttered under her breath. It was a half baked plan at most, especially since she had no idea how the others were faring. Their little expedition hadn’t even started yet and already they were split up and running around like their heads were missing.

She opted to follow behind Keircey first, curious to see what Old Marn had to say about their destination. Plus also to ask about any other stories of fellow travelers for her own interests. She didn’t know how much longer until the rest of the group met up with them, so she could at least spend some of the free time learning a thing or two from old experiences.

As she followed, the obvious smell of smoke met her nose. Jura. Her mind settled on him briefly before she noted how Keircey shrugged it off. She nodded at Marn’s words, waiting for Keircey’s question to be answered before asking her own.

“If you don’t mind me butting in. But do you happen to know of any previous adventurers? Anyone who possibly made the trek to Sanguine Hollow?” Marinka inquired, curious if any other hunters had been up there before and lived to tell the tale.

If a few adventurers were capable of making the trek and coming back for whatever reason, then maybe it would mean the journey would be more in their favor. Especially with the rocky start they had.

coded by archangel_

Connor Erland
charc.jpg

Mentions: Novama Novama Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Femboy Femboy saxon saxon

While they were at the church negotiating for Jura’s healing, a slight tremor told Connor that something had gone wrong. Soon enough, the smoke and heat quickly enveloping the area all but confirms it. Jura has slipped out of his mind, assuming to have been under watch and care in the church, but this turn of events could not have come from any other source.

“Oh please no…!”

A glance at Jura, now in an even worse state, was all the confirmation Connor needed. What a great way to spend the day. We could have been making good progress on our quest right about now!

Gunhild and Aurae were quick to respond. While Connor debated keeping watch over Jura lest he somehow causes another fiery incident, the fire mage seemed to not be in any state at all to even move. Focusing on the more urgent fire both at the church and the surroundings, he ran outside.

“Fire! Everyone that is able, we need to stop it from spreading! There is a fire!”

Connor shouted as loud as he can, both to warn those that might still be unaware of what was happening, and to hopefully get a few more helping hands to stop it. As he did so, he rushed towards buildings that were caught in the blast, hoping to have enough time to save those inside, if there were any.

OOC: Gothix skip 2. Renny skip 2. Saxon skip 1. gaius skip 1. Jura could use more healing, clothes, and a catalyst
Time: 11:40am
TLDR: while a couple continue chatting with old marn, the others are held at spear point under suspicion they are at least partially responsible for the flames.
Post Listening:

Lingrifin

In The Hunter's Rest, Old Marn, listened attentively to Marinka and Keircey. Marinka’s inquiry about the Sanguine Hollow elicited a knowing look from the retired hunter. "Sanguine Hollow, eh? It's a treacherous place," Marn began, his tone serious yet tinged with an air of storytelling. "Stick to the old hunter's path as you enter; it's overgrown but safer than wandering blind or taking the dried bed up the hollar. And beware the whispers in the wind – they’re not just old wives' tales. Undead monsters among other things."

Marinka's comment about affording a room was met with a wry smile from Marn. "Well, the tavern keeper will probably arrange something; The Hunter's Rest isn't known for turning away those in dire straits, but its not a charity. Not even I drink for free despite all I've done for this place."

Marn imparted a bit more information. "Sanguine Hollow's been a topic of many a tale here," Marn shared, leaning back. "The place is a labyrinth of sorts, and the deeper you go, the more it seems like the trees themselves are watching. Keep an eye out for the crumbling archways – they sometimes mark safer paths, or so it's said. And the less noise you make, the better."

Meanwhile, outside, chaos ensued as flames spread from the church. Gunhild, despite her efforts to direct the townspeople, was met with skepticism and fear over her dragon-like appearance. Her peculiar way of speaking added to the confusion, with some townsfolk struggling to understand her intentions amidst the panic.

Efforts to extinguish the blaze were frantic but organized, as townspeople formed bucket lines from the wells within the walled portion of the town. The combined efforts of the party and the villagers gradually brought the fire under control, though not without difficulty and damage to the surrounding structures.

Gunhild's shedding, intended to reduce her risk of catching fire, ironically left her fatigued, limiting her ability to use her strength as she had hoped. With the flames coming under control, hunters at the scene, mistaking Gunhild for the cause of the fire, leveled their weapons at her, shouting warnings not to move or start more fires. The tension was palpable, as the misunderstanding placed Gunhild in a precarious position. Party members with Gunhild would similarly be watched closely as friends of the presumed guilty party.

Amidst the turmoil, the party's plans for their journey to Sanguine Hollow were momentarily sidelined as they dealt with the immediate crisis. They were in a tricky situation. Gunhild was suspected of the fires most with Jura appearing more like a victim than a perpetrator. If the party successfully convinces the town Jura is responsible, he would be vulnerable and at the mercies of the town, but it would spare Gunhild similar treatment. Unfortunately, regardless who the perpetrator is believed to be, the party will be guilty of association and bringing the perpetrator to the town, which would hinder their efforts with the Alchemist job.

1705116603945-png.1137979

Aurae.png
Aurae Faren

E Grade Character

• Pass Judgement - Academia E, Law E E, Persuasion F, Investigation F, Insight F - Aurae recalls the laws and what she learned at the academy to help make a decision or convince someone of a decision - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown.

Connor started to shout and warn those about the fire, though it would have been a surprise if people hadn't seen the smoke from the fire and started to rush over and see what was going on. Though she had to admit the whole situation just continued. As the people started to come together and put out the fire Aurae let out a small sigh of relief as she wipe some sweat from her forehead from the heat of the flames. Looking around, she eventually set eyes upon their crispy companion, and she glared at Jura.

Everything seemed calm for a moment, at least, until the hunters who had shown up to help started to shout and point their weapons at Gunhild. To which Aurae facepalmed herself pondering how the situation could get even worse from here. Gunhilds appearance did little to help the large creature in this situation, and she was concerned if Gunhild could even talk her way out of this situation.

I suppose I should help in this situation, I'm not going to let him hinder us any further. Aurae thought to herself as she placed herself between Gunhild and the hunters, hoping to keep them from firing or attempting to attack. She cleared her throat and used her Pass Judgement ability. "Good people, I do apologize for the events that have taken place since the party had come to the town. However, Gunhild here despite her uhh lack of words was not the cause of the problem here today. The Mage you see right over there," She paused and pointed to Jura. "Jura there is the real culprit to the problems here, he burnt himself trying to fly off using a fire ball and he seems to have started another fire here. For that, we do apologize for our acquaintance. We came here to visit Sanguine Hoillow to retrieve an item. Once we get that, we will be returning to Ryken and I will be able to inform the guild." Aurae stated as she glared at the man once again and signaled for her retainers to surround him to attempt him from crawling away.

"With that being said, please feel free to arrest him for burning some of the buildings. Upon our return to the guild I will inform the guild of what has transpired here and ensure they deal with the situation accordingly. But as the law requires, I formally hand Jura over to the hunters and the guards to deal with," Aurae concluded as she bowed her head for a few moments hoping that would be enough.

(zzghn)
Gunhild

20230927_184330.jpg

Character Sheet
Character Theme

Novama Novama saxon saxon

Gunhild was both tired and rather disappointed to see that she was being so ridiculed against based off of her appearance alone, sighing softly that things had to be so difficult merely for qualities she was born with. Regula surely wouldn't be so happy to find out about what trouble Gunhild had gotten herself involved in, and surely she would quickly turn to treating her like an evil beast also. About to feel like she would have to give up and go back to living in the wilds fearful that encountering any smols could cost her life, her reptilian eyes widened to the surprise of Aurae trying to help her even if they had met not very long ago. Deciding to let Aurae speak for the majority and not thinking anything of the girl's mention of Gunhild's methodology of communication, Gunhild simply tried to show vulnerability and care for avoiding trouble by calmly placing down the armaments she was equipped with as well as removing her heavy armours.

"Gunhild is not monster, Gunhild not do this, Gunhild cannot even makes any fire, but Firemage theres can. Gunhild will helps clean if it makes smols less angy" Gunhild answered softly as she chose to lower her head, and following afterwards laying on her front fully like a domesticated pet. Looking to Aurae and speaking in a hushed and softened tone, the big lizard spoke to the elf.

"Gunhild does not get the niceness always that Pretty-Little is giving Gunhild. Gunhild does not want Prettyful-Smol to get troubles for helps Gunhild. It is oks for Little-Gem to let Gunhild take blames so Little-Gem does not, Gunhild would rather that" Gunhild spoke to Aurae as the big lizard offered the only thing that she could think of was an honor of the highest respect, since she was already laying on the ground with a lowered head. Gunhild moved her head underneath Aurae's hand and moved gently to try and both let her know and encourage that she had the right to pet Gunhild if she so desired, wanting to demonstrate her loyalty for the kind smol.

"Gunhild will remembers your kindness for all of the times ever, Little Silver-Princess. Any-many smols all thinks and says Gunhild is a big, dumb and a scary monster all the times for the ever. Gunhild does not know why any-many smols so mean to Gunhild for being Gunhild. Gunhild does not know how to give back fairs pays to the kindness of Gunhild's little Silver-Gem. Gunhild bad at words and smol-people soshy-etty thingies, and Gunhild for the reals and secrety cannots reads or do a math, but Gunhilds does not forget a kindness, Little World-Princess" she added, unsure how she could ever repay the elf other than Gunhild's own returning kindness and loyalty. That, and full opportunity to pet Gunhild at any time.

 Actions
1. Disarm self of weapons and armour to show vulnerability.
2. Lower onto and lay forward on the ground.

Last edited:
🎤KEIRCEY🎤

Keircey nodded along as the old man spoke. He made a mental note of 'The old hunter's path' though he didn't quite know how they would tell. At the mention of getting a room...Keircey's mind thought back automatically about the smoke. If it had been caused by Jura, he doubted the group would be able to stay in Lingrifin very long, and that's not talking about the question of how they would still be able to even pay for it if Marn was implying they paid by some other means which he couldn't tell. He looked at Marinka.

"I don't think we need a room. It's not like we are going to be here long."

He then turned back to Marn. And made another mental note. 'Crumbling archways marking safe paths, a place that looks like an old labyrinth...' he said.

"Thank you for the information, Mr. Marn. Maybe we'll come back by one day."

That wasn't a guarantee. He was in a situation where he would have to constantly travel... but if time gave him the chance, he probably would...if his running kept him going in a circle. The construct stood up and told Marinka.

"Let's go to the spot. We said we'd meet back up with the others at..."

If the others aren't in too much trouble and if what was presumably a fire didn't stretch that far. After that, he left The Hunter's Rest.
    ---
    Actions:
    Action 1:finish talking to Marn
    Action 2: head to the spot where the group said they would meet back up.

OOC: Gothix skip 3. Renny skip 3. Saxon skip 1. gaius skip 2. Jura could use more healing, clothes, and a catalyst. This is the last round of the rp, so post them while you got them.
Time: 11:50am
TLDR: party isn't at risk of being attacked unless they resist being taken in for questioning in regards to the fire. Marinka and Keircey would avoid being taken in unless they identify themselves to the guards
Post Listening:

Lingrifin

As the smoke billowed and the flames of the fire were gradually brought under control, the town of Lingrifin found itself in a state of heightened tension and suspicion. Aurae's attempt to shift the blame away from Gunhild and onto Jura, the true instigator of the chaos, was not easily accomplished in the heat of the moment. To the townspeople, Jura appeared as a smoking victim, an unfortunate casualty of an unforeseen disaster, while Gunhild, with her dragon-like appearance and being an outsider no one knew at the scene of the crime, seemed the likely perpetrator of the fire.

The hunters, though somewhat swayed by Aurae's words, remained cautious. They decided to take the party in, not as a punitive measure but as a means to ascertain the truth. "We need to sort this out properly," one of the hunters declared, his voice firm yet fair. "Until we can figure out what exactly happened, you'll all need to come with us."

Keircey, returning from The Hunter's Rest, arrived just in time to witness the other members of the party being taken into custody by the town hunters (those that resist will be fought). The situation was confusing and concerning, yet there was a sense of order amidst the chaos, as the hunters led the willing to the hunters' training field.

Those who complied with the hunters' instructions were escorted to a few buildings open to the yard, where they were asked to sit and wait. The atmosphere was tense but not hostile, as the hunters sought to maintain peace and order while unraveling the events that had transpired.

Jura, in a critical state, was picked up and given life-saving aid. The aid was basic and non-magical, with the understanding that any further magical healing would need to come from the high priest, whose arrival was uncertain, especially for prisoners.

In the wake of the fire and the subsequent arrest, the adventurers found themselves in an unexpected predicament. The training field, a place of discipline and skill, now served as a temporary holding area, its open yard and adjacent buildings a stark contrast to the freedom of the forests and the adventure that awaited them in Sanguine Hollow. It would seem their quest would have to wait assuming it remained possible for them to complete at all.

1704427173547-png.1136163

🎤KEIRCEY🎤

• And then there was only two

Keircey was at the spot that they were supposed to meet up on... The thing was, apparently, half the party somehow managed to get arrested...and it was no wonder. Apparently, if he were to make his best guess based off of what remained from a fire, Jura burned down the church. And likely an unfortunate outcome for Connor, Aurae and Gunhild, who were caught in the middle. The construct, while he did feel bad for the three who were merely victims by association, wasn't going to step in like some sort of hero, which, depending on someone's views, could be particularly selfish...but he was already on the run in the first place. Staying in one spot was bad enough and if they couldn't complete the task given to them, then he might as well just leave. With any luck, Jura would be the only one dealing with the consequences or at least the other three wouldn't be arrested for whatever had occurred. Keircey sighed to himself that if there was one thing he could do, it was go tell the alchemist that distributed them their quest in the first place about the unfortunate outcome. He looked around for Marinka. After not seeing her, he just shrugged. And then proceeded to leave the village back the way the group had originally come...or attempt to anyway. He'd try to find the alchemist and explain the best he could of what happened before heading off somewhere else.

---
    Actions:
    Action 1: see the scene
    Action 2: leave back the way the group came attempting to find the alchemist
    Action 3: if succeeds explain what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back