• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: The Ringmaster Rises || OOC

I watched RWBY around a year ago, was decent overall. I’d kind of like to try this RP out but don’t be surprised if I forget some stuff I guess.

EDIT: That is if it’s open at least. I kind of made it sound like I barged in a little, didn’t I?

I watched RWBY around a year ago, was decent overall. I’d kind of like to try this RP out but don’t be surprised if I forget some stuff I guess.

EDIT: That is if it’s open at least. I kind of made it sound like I barged in a little, didn’t I?

Oh, apparently, if enough people join, there may even be room for a third team.

Also...

So uh....

Anyone got any weapon ideas?

What's her combat style? If she's a front-line bruiser, maybe a faux flamethrower may be cool, albeit one that spews out smoke. That could allow her and her team an area-denial advantage. If she likes to keep her distance, there's always smoke grenades from grenade launchers. If she likes to weave in and out of fights, perhaps a pipe-dagger? That could allow her to engage quickly with the dagger end of her pipe, withdraw, then do her smoke shenanigans with the pipe end of her dagger; lots of twirling involved for an artistic flair?

@CrimsionEclipse The Schnee dust company is the largest in Atlas so would change locations or change her bio. That being said, it’s a little bare for a detailed rolplay, mind adding some more?
Oh no, they're not like a dust manufacturing company like the Schnee company. Think of them more like the Dust Til Dawn shop in Ep 1 of Season 1. They distribute the dust that the Schnee Dust Company manufactures. Still, I have no problem changing it if it's too confusing or vague.

As for the detail, no problem, I'll get working on that. Sorry for the minimal detail by the way, I was pushing to get it done before I went to bed since I had a nice rhythm going on. I'll get started on expanding her backstory an personality.

Phew. Mine's become a little wordy, but I'll see what I can get away with.

Edit: and since I'm not quite sleepy yet, perhaps I'll take time to divulge my intentions for Ethan.

From what I gather from RWBY, Humans/Faunus villains seem to be larger threats than the Grimm. My goal is for a somewhat 'support' role in the team and the RP, but with wiggle room to have more impact on the plot if necessary. Ethan will not be taking the spotlight as a high-octane, building-smashing, Final Fantasy swashbuckling, Kung Fu warrior, but he will be valuable to his team when it comes to clearing away fodder-level Grimm, and he will give mid-tier Grimm a run for their money. When it comes to stronger, older Grim (which according to RWBY Canon are larger, smarter, more durable, and may have special powers of their own) it will take the efforts of the entire team, but there always be a sure-fire way to beat such a monstrosity. Against non-Grimm enemies, however, he will be assuming a medic role for his team.

I understand there may be some Canon issues with his background, but I should be able to set up fixes for such occurrences.
Despite this, I apologize but I can simply not accept this character. He’s too much to salvage, which is why I’m not asking for any edits. Feel free to submit another character and try again if you would like.

We’re open still, but there might be some spoilers if you haven’t finished everything yet and still plan on doing so.

Oh no, they're not like a dust manufacturing company like the Schnee company. Think of them more like the Dust Til Dawn shop in Ep 1 of Season 1. They distribute the dust that the Schnee Dust Company manufactures. Still, I have no problem changing it if it's too confusing or vague.

As for the detail, no problem, I'll get working on that. Sorry for the minimal detail by the way, I was pushing to get it done before I went to bed since I had a nice rhythm going on. I'll get started on expanding her backstory an personality.
Ahhh, I couldn’t really tell the difference >_<

As for all the weapon ideas, I need to really flesh out her personality before getting into this xD

Despite this, I apologize but I can simply not accept this character. He’s too much to salvage, which is why I’m not asking for any edits. Feel free to submit another character and try again if you would like.

We’re open still, but there might be some spoilers if you haven’t finished everything yet and still plan on doing so.

As for all the weapon ideas, I need to really flesh out her personality before getting into this xD
No worries, I probably should have explained it better. No matter, I'll have her revised by tomorrow.

Depends on if they came out with any new seasons. Last one I was on that I remember was team RWBY getting separated and Yang lost her arm, making her extremely edgy for some reason.

Depends on if they came out with any new seasons. Last one I was on that I remember was team RWBY getting separated and Yang lost her arm, making her extremely edgy for some reason.
Well, Volume 4 is completed and the first episode of volume 5 is on YouTube.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Would you mind posting the BBCode separately for me just this once so I can copy it? I’m having trouble copying to whole thing on my iOS device.

Code:
div=width: 60%; margin: auto; height: auto; background: white; padding: 5px; border: 4px solid black;][row][column=span3][div=height: 200px; width: 200px; background-size: 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 50% 50%; background-image: url(https://placehold.it/200X200);][/div][/column][column=span5][div=width: 100%; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 5px;][div=visibility: hidden; margin-top: -25px;][accordion=100% | bcenter]{slide=[div=visibility: visible; text-align: center; font-size: 30px; color: white; -webkit-text-stroke: 1px black;][b]Basics[/b][/div]}[div=visibility: visible;][div=color: black;][b]Name:[/b] Keep the color rule and potential teams in mind!
[b]Age:[/b] 21+ As they have graduated by now
[b]Gender:[/b] Keep it simple
[b]Race:[/b] If a faunus, specify what type[/div]{/slide}

{slide=[div=visibility: visible; text-align: center; font-size: 30px; color: white; -webkit-text-stroke: 1px black;][b]Appearance[/b][/div]}[div=visibility: visible;][div=color: black;][b]Height:[/b] Reasonable
[b]Weight:[/b] Use a BMI calculator
[b]Hair:[/b] 
[b]Eyes:[/b]
[b]Build:[/b] Physical form
[b]Complexion:[/b]
[b]Body Modifications:[/b]
[b]Defining Traits:[/b] If a faunus, describe animal part here
[b]Symbol:[/b][/div]{/slide}

{slide=[div=visibility: visible; text-align: center; font-size: 30px; color: white; -webkit-text-stroke: 1px black;][b]Combat[/b][/div]}[div=visibility: visible;][div=color: black;][b]Weapon Name:[/b]
[b]Weapon Type:[/b]
[b]Dust Type:[/b]
[b]Weapon Description:[/b] I am not allowing any rip offs from the canon characters. Be creative.
[b]Semblance:[/b]
[b]Team:[/b][/div]{/slide}

{slide=[div=visibility: visible; text-align: center; font-size: 30px; color: white; -webkit-text-stroke: 1px black;][b]Personal[/b][/div]}[div=visibility: visible;][div=color: black;][b]Personality:[/b] At least a paragraph
[b]History:[/b] At least 2 paragraphs [/div]{/slide}[/div][/div][/div][/div][/accordion][/div][/div][/column][/row][/div]

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Would you mind posting the BBCode separately for me just this once so I can copy it? I’m having trouble copying to whole thing on my iOS device.

Code:
div=width: 60%; margin: auto; height: auto; background: white; padding: 5px; border: 4px solid black;][row][column=span3][div=height: 200px; width: 200px; background-size: 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 50% 50%; background-image: url(https://placehold.it/200X200);][/div][/column][column=span5][div=width: 100%; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 5px;][div=visibility: hidden; margin-top: -25px;][accordion=100% | bcenter]{slide=[div=visibility: visible; text-align: center; font-size: 30px; color: white; -webkit-text-stroke: 1px black;][b]Basics[/b][/div]}[div=visibility: visible;][div=color: black;][b]Name:[/b] Keep the color rule and potential teams in mind!
[b]Age:[/b] 21+ As they have graduated by now
[b]Gender:[/b] Keep it simple
[b]Race:[/b] If a faunus, specify what type[/div]{/slide}

{slide=[div=visibility: visible; text-align: center; font-size: 30px; color: white; -webkit-text-stroke: 1px black;][b]Appearance[/b][/div]}[div=visibility: visible;][div=color: black;][b]Height:[/b] Reasonable
[b]Weight:[/b] Use a BMI calculator
[b]Hair:[/b] 
[b]Eyes:[/b]
[b]Build:[/b] Physical form
[b]Complexion:[/b]
[b]Body Modifications:[/b]
[b]Defining Traits:[/b] If a faunus, describe animal part here
[b]Symbol:[/b][/div]{/slide}

{slide=[div=visibility: visible; text-align: center; font-size: 30px; color: white; -webkit-text-stroke: 1px black;][b]Combat[/b][/div]}[div=visibility: visible;][div=color: black;][b]Weapon Name:[/b]
[b]Weapon Type:[/b]
[b]Dust Type:[/b]
[b]Weapon Description:[/b] I am not allowing any rip offs from the canon characters. Be creative.
[b]Semblance:[/b]
[b]Team:[/b][/div]{/slide}

{slide=[div=visibility: visible; text-align: center; font-size: 30px; color: white; -webkit-text-stroke: 1px black;][b]Personal[/b][/div]}[div=visibility: visible;][div=color: black;][b]Personality:[/b] At least a paragraph
[b]History:[/b] At least 2 paragraphs [/div]{/slide}[/div][/div][/div][/div][/accordion][/div][/div][/column][/row][/div]
It’s in you’re post

Heh, heh, you'd be surprised how good I am at salvaging my creations. But, as I work on another attempt for a RWBY OC, perhaps you can give me a few additional guidelines? In a Canon where people can manipulate probability, create rips in space time, form machines complicated enough to emulate human life itself, turn Grimm into stone with a look, or be the very avatars of the four seasons, I quite honestly didn't think a smidgen of localized anti-Grimm 'influenza' would be too out of place, especially since his talent for taking out lesser Grim was balanced by an inability to take on the real villains of the RWBY franchise, that is, rogue Humans and Faunus.

But, I digress. Methinks I'll try a more cookie-cutter approach for my next RWBY OC attempt. I would still like those guidelines, though, to help funnel my creativity in a more controlled fashion and maximize my chances of getting into the RP. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Last edited:
Does anyone more familiar than me with RWBY know what happens if a human and a Faunus have a child? I know it's possible, but I'm not sure if it would result in some weird half-faunus, or just be full human or full faunus based on random genetics.

Does anyone more familiar than me with RWBY know what happens if a human and a Faunus have a child? I know it's possible, but I'm not sure if it would result in some weird half-faunus, or just be full human or full faunus based on random genetics.

This is directly copy-pasted from the RWBY wiki:

In a Rooster Teeth livestream on August 21st, 2014, it was confirmed that Faunus and Humans can interbreed with one another.
  • On a Facebook Q&A, Miles and Kerry broke down the breeding genetics of Faunus.
    • If two Faunus of the same type breed (e.g. two dog Faunus), their child will also be of the same species.
    • If a Faunus and a Human breed, their child will either be a Faunus or a Human. This was later clarified in "World of Remnant: Faunus", where it was revealed that if a Human and a Faunus breed their child is typically a Faunus of the same kind as the Faunus parent.
    • If two Faunus of different types breed (e.g. a dog Faunus and a cat Faunus), their child will be a random type of Faunus.[3]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back