• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rubies of Eventide OOC Thread (D&D 5e)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I was contemplating about a good posting schedule for everyone.

1.) Would twice a week be too short or too long a period for folks here?

2.) In the case that everybody responds, would it be all right if I respond within a day's time if I find myself able to respond?

3.) In the case that a few people respond, are you comfortable with moving ahead a little if unable to write between updates or performing one turn and readying an action for the next turn if in a battle and you think yourself unable to write later?

I'm fine with twice a week, and everything else. At the moment, I can't see myself getting delayed in posting.

Back to Gorbo. The servant licked his lips at the gnoll's offer, but politely refused, saying, "Apologies, good sir, but I am unable to drink on the job besides tea. What I can do, however, is allow you to finish your meals and drinks, or meet you outside in an hour's time, whichever you would like. I can take a place afar or close, but"--he looks at Brazamal while he continued--"you will unfortunately find me tight-lipped when it comes to my master. Suffice it to say that he has the coin to request for things too expensive for my tastes, and the willingness to give it out to fine adventurers who can assist him. When you all have decided, let me know. I did not expect such activity or eagerness in this . . . not wholly desirable establishment."

So what do we want to do here? It seems we can either talk with each other for a bit before going to see Gorbo's master, or just go straight to Gorbo's master.

I kinda wanna do the former, just so our characters can all start getting to know each other. Unless gnolls in cities aren't unheard of, I imagine Jalana would want to know how Toryk ended up here.

I'm all good with a bit of discussion. My seafood special hasn't even come out yet and I'm hungry.

Plus we still have to drink a platinums worth of booze. It would be cruel of us to make the barkeeper have to give change.

Two things I can do are these:

1.) After two full exchanges of conversation is had, or two posts each person, I can "chronoshift"* you all to an hour later when you all are ending your conversations.

2.) I can also give you a deadline for when you can finish conversations for 3-5 days. This length of time can be changed if people are having a good time. I do not want to ruin interaction by moving the plot forward at a bad time.

* = I love my Red Alert games. This is unadulterated evidence of that. =P

Do you think Phectty would accept change when he is being so generous? I don't see him doing that.

Mind if I do a religion check on what Phectty knows about the religion of Bahumut?

Phectty is a merchant, which makes me think that he would be fine with change so that he does not lose out on money. This tavern can be a base of operations as well, so you can call it a tab and drain money from it until it reaches zero.

As for Bahamut, go for it! I think the holy symbol of our paladin friend is exposed. If not ( Sherwood Sherwood , thoughts?) then it is probably best to scrap the roll, as the two dragonborn were speaking in Draconic the whole while.

So what do we want to do here? It seems we can either talk with each other for a bit before going to see Gorbo's master, or just go straight to Gorbo's master.

I kinda wanna do the former, just so our characters can all start getting to know each other. Unless gnolls in cities aren't unheard of, I imagine Jalana would want to know how Toryk ended up here.
Sure, it can't hurt having the characters get to know each other a little! Ivvie might be eager to leave right away, but she'll be perfectly happy to chat if that's what the group is doing. As I don't imagine Gorbo is going to be keen on making multiple trips between the tavern and his master back to back, she won't be missing out on anything by doing so, after all.

I'm fine with either of Thanny Thanny 's options, though I probably won't get around to posting before tomorrow or so.

Brazamal's holy symbol is clearly visible, so feel free to make your religion roll.

I don't know how but apparently Phectty rolled a nat 1 and doesn't know much, if anything, about Bahumut. You would think a merchant would have encountered someone who worships Bahumut before and thus know at least about Bahumut.

Could be a brain fart. Or from the angle, he doesn't have a good look at it, thus he thinks it's a symbol of a different deity.

You do not know a thing about Bahamut, but now all of a sudden you feel the sensation of being watched.

The deity's attention is focused on you and this very room, little specimen.

But seriously now, a Nat 1 is not a critical fail in all DC checks, so you are good and free from eyes from beyond. Sure, something might happen, but a Mod 6 just less than average and is not as disastrous as I made it out to be. I will get my official ruling up later.

Last edited:
I think I'll have it so that Phectty know that the religious belief of Bahumut but doesn't know what they believe in. as I rolled a total of 6. Would you say that's OK?

Thanny Thanny

Assuming I used Thieves Cant correctly, speaking in code for only those in the know.

Toryk is looking for an informant who has information about the ships leaving Port three days ago. Specifically the direction it was going, or knowledge of its intended destination.

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
With Phectty also knowing thieves cant, I'd wager that he would know exactly what Toryk is saying in the code and know that he isn't just ordering a drink.

D. Rex D. Rex

He would understand what Toryk is saying but if he would know anything...I wonder?

Thanny Thanny

What sort of check would I need to do to know if Phectty knows anything about what Toryk is asking about? Would it be something like a wisdom check or something else?

Hi there. Sorry; things have been quite busy on my end. No checks are necessary between characters. To discover more about the lore, I might require checks and be able to provide information that way if you or your characters are out of the know. Your Thieves Cant can be discerned through a decent time investment if not known by the others, but is easily known by those who know the hidden dialogue already (i.e., know Thieves Cant). No rolls necessary. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back