• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rubies of Eventide OOC Thread (D&D 5e)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Brazamal looks about as he and Jalana are let in, taking in the decor, getting a read of the layout of the room in case of trouble. He looks at the men in the room and offers up another smile. "Please, gentlemen, relax and take a seat." He stands in front of them and waits for a moment, letting them get relaxed, even if a little bit. "Thank you for letting us in and giving me this opportunity to speak with you. This is an opportune moment in your lives, and I for one look forward to being able to share with you what I have to say."

He takes a deep breath, then slowly lets it out and says, "Have you received the love and blessings that come with the worship of my god and savior, Bahumut? Now, before you say 'Bahumut?!? I'm not a Dragonborn!', I assure you, the holy Bahumut is a gracious and loving deity, and does not discriminate against any being of good heart." He reaches up to his chest with one clawed hand to touch his holy symbol, and he then places his other hand on Jalana's shoulder. "Are you ready to hear a message of the true belief of my savior?"
Oh my. He's a missionary, with a message from god. I nearly choked on my drink when I read that.

I expected military intel or some juicy gossip on the street or something of import regarding the Collector as you recall that they were rival wizards -- Oleg and him -- but the least I expected was this. Many kudos there, Sherwood! Have an inspiration point.

I adored Jalana's reaction as well. I am certain that I would have done exactly the same thing, slipping out from beneath the placed hand or picking it up with two fingers in a discarding fashion, though my characters, all pretty chaotic, would probably have went along with the missionary spiel. I love it, you two.

Im in!

Thanny Thanny

Time to begin the proper search!

Do i need to make any checks?

And got me a plan too of we need it.

If the minotaur is trouble, we can use bat spritely to get Minnies attention. Seeing a bat he might check to make sure the attic door is closed. "Blasted bats getting in again..." he walks by and I do my rogue thing.

What are the odds of killing an unsuspecting minotaur quietly with one sneaky hit?

Coup de graces are not in 5e, sadly, though called shots are definitely applicable. It makes a tough fight easier, but gives you disadvantage on the attack roll. If you have advantage already, you roll normally, as disadvantage and advantage cancel each other out. I am all over in terms of opinions, but called shots make sense to me, and I will make the called shot meaningful.

If you are investigating for hidden things, make Investigation checks for each room. If you are keeping an eye out for important or expensive items, make Perception checks for each room. Only one can be done in a round. I will let you know what you find. =) Ivvie can do the same or do the opposite check if Ivvie so desires.

Coup de graces are not in 5e, sadly, though called shots are definitely applicable. It makes a tough fight easier, but gives you disadvantage on the attack roll. If you have advantage already, you roll normally, as disadvantage and advantage cancel each other out. I am all over in terms of opinions, but called shots make sense to me, and I will make the called shot meaningful.

If you are investigating for hidden things, make Investigation checks for each room. If you are keeping an eye out for important or expensive items, make Perception checks for each room. Only one can be done in a round. I will let you know what you find. =) Ivvie can do the same or do the opposite check if Ivvie so desires.

Lol I dont know anything about that.i figured all I had was a sneak attack to work with. What would a called shot give me in trying to kill a guy? Like slitting his throat

I expected military intel or some juicy gossip on the street or something of import regarding the Collector as you recall that they were rival wizards -- Oleg and him -- but the least I expected was this. Many kudos there, Sherwood! Have an inspiration point.

I adored Jalana's reaction as well. I am certain that I would have done exactly the same thing, slipping out from beneath the placed hand or picking it up with two fingers in a discarding fashion, though my characters, all pretty chaotic, would probably have went along with the missionary spiel. I love it, you two.
It just struck me as a great distraction of the guards, and it came to me after Jalana and Braz were at the door, so he couldn't tell her his idea. One way or another, we are going to be taking up time from the guards and give everyone else time to ransack the house.

It just struck me as a great distraction of the guards, and it came to me after Jalana and Braz were at the door, so he couldn't tell her his idea. One way or another, we are going to be taking up time from the guards and give everyone else time to ransack the house.
Okay, yeah. I can buy her accepting that he thought his plan up on the fly.

I was thinking of doing the complementary Investigation check to Toryk's Perception, but I think Ivvie should still have concentration on Detect Magic (unless it's been 10 minutes already). If I want her to look around while watching out for where that moving magical object/weapon she noticed downstairs earlier is, should I do Perception instead? Or would that be separate?

I was thinking of doing the complementary Investigation check to Toryk's Perception, but I think Ivvie should still have concentration on Detect Magic (unless it's been 10 minutes already). If I want her to look around while watching out for where that moving magical object/weapon she noticed downstairs earlier is, should I do Perception instead? Or would that be separate?

Oh, gosh, I am sorry about this. For some reason I do not get notifications as often as I wish. It has not been ten minutes yet in-game, I think, so you are welcome to keep Detect Magic. The one that has the magical weapon is in the room with Brazamal and Jalana. No need to do a Perception roll, as you know what you are seeking and where.

I'm going to roll for a stealth and perception check. Hope the dice like me now.

Nice rolls! This should earn you some information. I will try to reply tonight my time.

Oh, gosh, I am sorry about this. For some reason I do not get notifications as often as I wish. It has not been ten minutes yet in-game, I think, so you are welcome to keep Detect Magic. The one that has the magical weapon is in the room with Brazamal and Jalana. No need to do a Perception roll, as you know what you are seeking and where.
No worries! I've had missing notifications before, too, it happens. And great, thanks, I'll stick with my plan of doing Investigation, then!

"Quiet! Minotaur around the bend! Let's break into some food!"

It is at least two out of the three things.

I am sorry to say this -- heck, I do not wish to say this -- but I have lost all desire to keep going with this roleplay and am cancelling it. I feel it uninteresting to all involved, myself included. Nonetheless, I am thankful to you all for participating and engaging in shenanigans together. You are a great bunch of folks. Catch you all later, I hope. o7

Sorry to hear that. For what it's worth, I definitely enjoyed myself.

Sorry to hear that (and sorry for the late reply)! I think it was a fun game while it lasted, though! Hope to see you all around sometime in the future.

Same here, Felis, and I am very glad that you all had fun. That makes this all worthwhile for me, all things considered. I still vouch that you all are spectacular souls and wonderful players. See you around. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back