• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rubies of Eventide OOC Thread (D&D 5e)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I'm fine with starting this weekend as well.

Also, Psychie Psychie and Felis Felis , I was wondering if the two of you wanted to have your characters spend some time in the Steel Sisters with Jalana prior to the start of the game? I'm happy to discuss things, but if either of you have other plans, that's fine with me.
D. Rex and I have been talking that Athaclenna and Toryk are traveling companions. He is a scoundrel, and Athaclenna is trying to redeem him from his life of ill gotten gains and to use his talents for a more noble cause.

All right, folks; the IC thread is now up and operational! Let me know if you need some semblance of direction, though I think you can engage in conversation with each other until the plot starts up. I wanted to allow you all some semblance of knowing each other character-wise and player-wise beforehand.

Sweet. Did you see the post I made asking about adding enchantments to the greatsword that I have? If it is possible, I'll be saving up to afford it sometime down the road.

Also Thanny Thanny , could you please add to the links at the top of the page for the IC thread, and to the OOC and Character one from the IC thread?

Sweet. Did you see the post I made asking about adding enchantments to the greatsword that I have? If it is possible, I'll be saving up to afford it sometime down the road.

I saw that whilst I was away, but I forgot to mention it. Apologies for that. Upgrading an item's enchantment is expensive in this day and age where it previously was rather cheap. Then again the rates have changed since the Age of Magic. Upgrading a magical item that has an effect is possible but three times as expensive. For a Flame Tongue Greatsword +1 would be 1500 gp for the enchantment, and for +2 around 15000 gp if my math is right.

Also Thanny Thanny , could you please add to the links at the top of the page for the IC thread, and to the OOC and Character one from the IC thread?

Oh, shoot, good call. Here they come.

I'd say Ivvie is not really cut out for a mercenary life, so any membership in the Steel Sisters wouldn't have lasted long. That being said, I can imagine her trying to join out of curiosity!

I believe there was the idea earlier that grimmmy grimmmy 's character and Ivvie were more or less involved together in some not-so-lawful activities, nothing too concrete yet, though, if I remember correctly. But that doesn't mean Ivvie couldn't have met Jalana before that (or even after if there's a viable reason), so I'm happy to discuss, too!
Fair enough. Happy to discuss as well.

Everyone is Toots here to me. Yea, even I am Toots! If everyone can cement your relations with each other before midnight, that would be fantastic. I will use such relations in the opening posts to assist with the bootup, *wink*.
For me, this was posted 47 minutes past midnight...

Onto the subject of characters and which ones currently know one another, jaydude jaydude , did we confirm that the two of us are traveling companions?
I don't believe we did.

D. Rex and I have been talking that Athaclenna and Toryk are traveling companions. He is a scoundrel, and Athaclenna is trying to redeem him from his life of ill gotten gains and to use his talents for a more noble cause.
Okay. Sounds interesting.

Ok I think I finally have a plan lol. I have an event and some work coming up-- I think I can really start filling out the app tuesday...

But is a changeling cool?

Ok I think I finally have a plan lol. I have an event and some work coming up-- I think I can really start filling out the app tuesday...

I don't mind. If you have an idea for it that you consider interesting, go for it.

Changelings are sweet, though beware of Moonbeam. Being able to change your guise is a fun way of staying undetected by those who seek you, though they do not really have a pleasant form of their own. I think they are like mannequins. Wispy and voluminous white to cotton-candy hair, white eyes, alabaster skin, dark circles around the eyes -- they are likely suspiciously heeded in these parts, though admired by those who know them better than strangers.

I recommend and look forward to this race. I have never had one before in my campaigns, so I look forward to seeing what you can do with them!

Thanny Thanny

I've done my final update, that being my backstory.

Excellent; thank you! I shall review it and send you something via PM.

Finally he had the chance to sit back and look around at some of the other patrons. "Oh, lookie there, Atha. The pinky be making the eyes at you, don't she? Can't be going nowhere without you being the popular one." He laughed.
Jalana is dark-skinned. Or is "pinkie" just how Toryk refers to all humans?

Fair enough. Happy to discuss as well.
Alright! I'd say it's probably easiest if they'd met before Ivvie got fully started on her con-artist activities, so maybe something like a year and a half to two years ago?

Perhaps the Steel Sisters were hired to guard a caravan and Ivvie was traveling with the same caravan for a ways? Or really anything where they'd have crossed ways would work for me, I think, if you have a better idea! Ivvie may have been intrigued by the group and asked to join to see what it's like. Maybe Jalana talked her out of it right away because she could see Ivvie wasn't suited to it. Maybe Ivvie joined and found she didn't like that she had to follow orders and couldn't just go wherever she wanted, whenever she wanted, once the novelty wore off. Also, Ivvie would have soon discovered that she prefers to avoid fights if she can, so there may have been several factors.

What are your thoughts?

For me, this was posted 47 minutes past midnight...
I'm in the same boat, only that it was 1:47 a.m for me. Timezone-cursed people unite or something! Sorry it may have interfered with the starting post, Thanny Thanny .

Alright! I'd say it's probably easiest if they'd met before Ivvie got fully started on her con-artist activities, so maybe something like a year and a half to two years ago?

Perhaps the Steel Sisters were hired to guard a caravan and Ivvie was traveling with the same caravan for a ways? Or really anything where they'd have crossed ways would work for me, I think, if you have a better idea! Ivvie may have been intrigued by the group and asked to join to see what it's like. Maybe Jalana talked her out of it right away because she could see Ivvie wasn't suited to it. Maybe Ivvie joined and found she didn't like that she had to follow orders and couldn't just go wherever she wanted, whenever she wanted, once the novelty wore off. Also, Ivvie would have soon discovered that she prefers to avoid fights if she can, so there may have been several factors.

What are your thoughts?
I like the first idea the most.

I like the first idea the most.
Them meeting over the caravan job and Jalana talking Ivvie out of joining? Sounds great! So they'd be somewhat loose acquaintances in this case, but would likely recognize each other when they meet in the tavern?

Them meeting over the caravan job and Jalana talking Ivvie out of joining? Sounds great! So they'd be somewhat loose acquaintances in this case, but would likely recognize each other when they meet in the tavern?
Yeah, they can recognize each other. Though I was thinking more that Ivvie would just be travelling with the caravan while it was being guarded by the Steel Sisters, and not consider joining at all, simply because she knows it isn't a life she could handle.

Yeah, they can recognize each other. Though I was thinking more that Ivvie would just be travelling with the caravan while it was being guarded by the Steel Sisters, and not consider joining at all, simply because she knows it isn't a life she could handle.
Alright! Well, I was thinking of it more as an ill-informed spur-of-the-moment decision, if she would have tried joining. But you're right, if e.g. Ivvie talked to Jalana or the others about what life as a mercenary was like, she wouldn't have needed a lot of persuading to not join. Great, thanks!

Hello, all. I am here to inform you that Grimmmy is going to bow out of the roleplay for now. Thank you for your time and interest, bud, and I hope to see you again out there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back