• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rubies of Eventide OOC Thread (D&D 5e)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Just to let you know, I have a birthday party and wedding anniversary to go to, so it may be a little while before I can post, depending on when the initial one is dropped on us.

Even if it doesn't have that +1, that is just too cool to pass up. Besides, between the two of us, there is plenty of healing power available to make up for the one point drop in your armor class.
Good ole Psychie, already planning on keeping us alive!

I'm just trying to keep it in mind that if Sherwood is doing that much damage, he will be a high priority target for our foes to go up against, so I can see a lot of healing power going his way as he mows the bad guys down.

Here's a quick question for Thanny Thanny . Can I add more bonuses to the sword at a later date? Say, I get my hands on a good amount of coin. Can I get some magic user to enchant the sword to make it a +1 or better down the road?

I'm just trying to keep it in mind that if Sherwood is doing that much damage, he will be a high priority target for our foes to go up against, so I can see a lot of healing power going his way as he mows the bad guys down.

I'll be right there on the front lines with him. I'm going aggressive rogue.

A 1d8+5 with a 3d6 sneak attack i can do almost consistently thanks to my subclass.

On top of that a a bonus action to attack with my off hand for likely another 1d6 or 1d4.

Onto of that being evasive abilities that let my strike and run without triggering attacks of opportunity so can always try out reach.

It will be a devastating combo of Sherwood tanking the enemies attention with great cleaving blows while I keep stabbing them in the ribs repeatedly.

And once I get Panache, a simple taunt can let us tag out so he can pull back and do other things.

Excellent; sounds good, Shade. =) Let me know when you are done and I can review it.

So far 5 out of 7 characters are approved in full. So far reviews for backstories are not fully done, but that is mostly for my scheming. I would like to get started on this sometime soon, and can finagle grimmmy grimmmy 's character in later if desired because I have a rather good window for meeting them in the streets, depending on what is chosen for backstory.

With that said, would anyone be opposed to starting today or tomorrow?
I'm good with starting this weekend, too! I might not be super available today (going out for dinner with friends for the first time in ages, hooray!), but I'll do my best to check back in later!

I'm good with starting this weekend, too! I might not be super available today (going out for dinner with friends for the first time in ages, hooray!), but I'll do my best to check back in later!
Enjoy your meal!

I'm fine with starting this weekend as well.

Also, Psychie Psychie and Felis Felis , I was wondering if the two of you wanted to have your characters spend some time in the Steel Sisters with Jalana prior to the start of the game? I'm happy to discuss things, but if either of you have other plans, that's fine with me.

Last edited:
I'm fine with starting this weekend as well.

Also, Psychie Psychie and Felis Felis , I was wondering if the two of you wanted to have your characters spend some time in the Steel Sisters with Jalana prior to the start of the game? I'm happy to discuss things, but if either of you have other plans, that's fine with me.
I'd say Ivvie is not really cut out for a mercenary life, so any membership in the Steel Sisters wouldn't have lasted long. That being said, I can imagine her trying to join out of curiosity!

I believe there was the idea earlier that grimmmy grimmmy 's character and Ivvie were more or less involved together in some not-so-lawful activities, nothing too concrete yet, though, if I remember correctly. But that doesn't mean Ivvie couldn't have met Jalana before that (or even after if there's a viable reason), so I'm happy to discuss, too!

Everyone is Toots here to me. Yea, even I am Toots! If everyone can cement your relations with each other before midnight, that would be fantastic. I will use such relations in the opening posts to assist with the bootup, *wink*.

Everyone is Toots here to me. Yea, even I am Toots! If everyone can cement your relations with each other before midnight, that would be fantastic. I will use such relations in the opening posts to assist with the bootup, *wink*.

Woo-hoo! I'm a toots to someone! Finally! Have waited my whole life for that.

Toryk and Athaclenna are the bestest buddies! Somehow! Toryk is glad to have her as a tag along!

Thanny Thanny

So what are your rules on death and stuff?

I got some notoriously bad rolls. Champion of rolling the 1s.

So I got me char planned up already in case Toryk dies. Going with a golden oldie of a relative coming back to replace the dead one. A niece with circle of spores. Maybe can raise dead on toryks body so he can forever fight on as a familiar.

Rules on death, you say? There are the classics of 5e and 3e to draw off of, but 5e is more forgiving. I intend to use the 5e system of 55% chance of pass, 45% chance of fail. I hate the Nat 1 double failed death save, but the game is balanced around things like that. DM's discretion, depending on how hard it is to kill you guys, I will currently discard the Nat 1 fails for death saves. Nat 20s are fine and will restore you to 1 HP at the end of your action, then end your turn.

Rules on death, you say? There are the classics of 5e and 3e to draw off of, but 5e is more forgiving. I intend to use the 5e system of 55% chance of pass, 45% chance of fail. I hate the Nat 1 double failed death save, but the game is balanced around things like that. DM's discretion, depending on how hard it is to kill you guys, I will currently discard the Nat 1 fails for death saves. Nat 20s are fine and will restore you to 1 HP at the end of your action, then end your turn.
Cool beans! That does give me a likely 25% chance to survive! And good to know my ones will one kind of be the death of me. I'm hoping to break my record. Most 1s in a game.

But I'm always prepared! Got me a backup. Gonna give her a skull helmet and creepy mannerisms and little mushroom buddies that she has names for and maybe a pet lizard or bat. A bit strange in the head from imposed exile of shaman training.

Trust that D. Rex has a unique and original character idea in mind.

Onto the subject of characters and which ones currently know one another, jaydude jaydude , did we confirm that the two of us are traveling companions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back