Roleplay Pet Peeves

A character in a story written by one author being a fuckall powerful being is in a different ballpark of criticism than a fuckall powerful being character in an rp with multiple players.

Just wanna pitch that curve ball there.

@Void Puppy I know, that's why I'm having fun at his expense. :P

Were it yours, I'd be praising your "creativity".

To be fair, he kinda has to be attractive. He's the leader of the Void Cult, who charms and brainwashes people to follow him, only to sacrifice them to the Void, allowing Void Beasts to feed on them. 

League also has less... 'subtle' characters. Like Urgot xD

A character in a story written by one author being a fuckall powerful being is in a different ballpark of criticism than a fuckall powerful being character in an rp with multiple players.

Just wanna pitch that curve ball there.

Nah, buddy. Creatively speaking, it's all the same. We all cringe as writers when we see "fuckall" powerful beings anywhere, in any capacity.

I don't mind being in a roleplay with them, because I don't have that competitive nature about me that measures characters against each other, and I don't feel insecure about playing a weaker character, just in general it's poor form. Gods don't have to be "fuckall" powerful, nothing does, you people just want it to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, buddy. Creatively speaking, it's all the same. We all cringe as writers when we see "fuckall" powerful beings anywhere, in any capacity.

I don't mind being in a roleplay with them, because I don't have that competitive nature about me that measures characters against each other, and I don't feel insecure about playing a weaker character, just in general it's poor form. Gods don't have to be "fuckall" powerful, nothing does, you people just want it to be.

Keep up that backhanding of my choice of words, amigo.

It's not 'competitive nature', friend, that I'm irked about, it's purely balance, pal, of the rp. There's an issue if every other applicant to the rp is a charismatic Adonis with Herculean strength, and genius intellect that would rival Einstein in his heyday, and resourcefulness that even Macguyver would be envious of, hombre. All the RP issues can be resolved by simply having them snap their fingers, and bam, everything's fixed, or everything's destroyed, mate.

Did I imply that I was being competitive, old chum? Sorry if it felt that way, my main man.

Your hostility is unbecoming, Chief.

Your choice of words was nonsensical and obscure.

The Urban Dictionary (god help us, we're quoting the Urban Dictionary now) defines fuck all as nothing. "Nothing powerful characters".

Perhaps use your real words, if you'd like to avoid the "backhanding" of them.

After reading all of these, I must say, I am SO glad that I don't do group RPs. I am shy and I feel overwhelmed when there's too many people... the whole overpowered, illogical, etc stories make me think 'I really am dodging the bullet there!', heh xD

Sure, it happens on 1x1 too, but it is easier to just try and talk to them in that, and if they don't want to adjust, I will just say my apologies and leave. Having a weakness is absolutely essential. I make sure my characters are more on the 'imperfect' side, which they try to improve during the RP rather than a beast that can destroy all... I mean... they've already achieved all, what's there left to do?

Don't let this forum deter you from group RPs. There are a lot of positive things to them too!! We're all just grumpy fucks who have nothing better to do than complain (just joking).

And why is everyone so hostile right now? Calm it all down. None of you are like that and if you wanna challenge then FIGHT ME.

(But seriously, stop being feisty.)

Again I just get deep into what the roles are is all. Meiyo Hades is well that strong only Seiya could beat him logically speaking.

Actually, what I was talking about was someone else several months ago, but if we're being honest, you're the one who reminded me of it >.>

Alright guys let's reign it in. You wanna argue over-powered characters your free to make a separate thread dedicated to that topic. But otherwise let's wrap up the conversation.

And if you'll pardon the expression I think your jumping at shadows. 

I can assure you with absolute honesty and sincerity. No one is going to link you to your character on a personal level. Most people will assume that the character you make is a fictitious construct made to fit a role in whatever story your telling.

So you play a racist. Yeah no one is going to care. You only play males. No one cares. You only play 16 year olds. No one cares.

No one thinks any character you makes says anything about you other than your skills as a writer.

And here's the thing most people aren't going to know you put that much of yourself into your character unless 

A. you outright tell them

B. you get overly offended because of something said IC/OOC about your character that you take as some kind of shady comment aimed at you.

So yeah you want to put elements of yourself in your characters that's awesome. You want to make characters that reflect how you view the world good on you. 

But don't assume everyone makes characters the same way. That is a one way trip to Misunderstanding Island.

ALL OF THIS ^^^^^^^^ 

Don't let this forum deter you from group RPs. There are a lot of positive things to them too!! We're all just grumpy fucks who have nothing better to do than complain (just joking).

Oh no, this literally did little to change my stance; my main thing against groups is my own comfort. I am a shy one, easily distracted and overwhelmed as well. Having one person to "please" is no problem, but having a group of people that expect something from me, makes me super self-conscious and uncomfortable. I also don't like threads in general. I was only talked into one because the DM and I get along well, despite me being... odd, and I liked the moderation, so I felt safe that they do a good job at it, in aspects of OP characters or other problems. I would truly need to get to know people before I would even consider coming out of my hideout xD

Really, I like 1x1, to have something a bit more personal. It is much easier to introduce new ideas, discuss issues, etc. 

Oh no, this literally did little to change my stance; my main thing against groups is my own comfort. I am a shy one, easily distracted and overwhelmed as well. Having one person to "please" is no problem, but having a group of people that expect something from me, makes me super self-conscious and uncomfortable. I also don't like threads in general. I was only talked into one because the DM and I get along well, despite me being... odd, and I liked the moderation, so I felt safe that they do a good job at it, in aspects of OP characters or other problems. I would truly need to get to know people before I would even consider coming out of my hideout xD

Really, I like 1x1, to have something a bit more personal. It is much easier to introduce new ideas, discuss issues, etc. 

i understand the need for a comfort zone or security blanket. playing as childlike figured faerie characters are mine. i mean, in Dice RPs, Faeries are an annoying threat if you don't one shot them, and Most Faeries don't care if they die, because death is only ever temporary for them, which gives me the courage to play a deliberately fragile or terminally ill character, because i know that that particular terminally ill faerie, while inconvenienced by their illness; won't have to worry about dying halfway through their second or third game session because of it.

(A Christian being the 666th post. And I am drinking a vodka shot.)

It's a problem with inactivity in RPing. If you have a reason, that's OK. But just leaving, nope, fuck you, fuck your mom, fuck your brother's freind's cousins wife, You are an asshole. (I may be hypocritical about this.)

Of the few times I've done group roleplays, I did one with three other players. It was just some random adventure. I, and two of the others, had characters who interacted with one another. The last player made a character who said absolutely nothing, the character had just thoughts no dialogue even when they were being asked questions.

The character kept following the group saying nothing still. Of course the thread died eventually it's just the fact I don't like characters who can't muster up the energy to speak. I mean there was nothing mentioned preventing the character from speaking. At least say something!

I'm not too sure if this was brought up that often but I dislike people who never bother to ask "Hey what's happened in the roleplay so far?" They just get their character accepted and they post as if it's the beginning of the RP. Do they have any idea how frustrating that is when this bad stuff is happening and out of nowhere you get a post about a guy singing while drunk.

1) People who want to do a 1x1 with you but all they want to do is express their (rather fucked up) "desires" by imposing their character and having you play that role. It's happened way more than once on this site and I hate it so much... -_-

1) People who want to do a 1x1 with you but all they want to do is express their (rather fucked up) "desires" by imposing their character and having you play that role. It's happened way more than once on this site and I hate it so much... -_-

Yup. And they get mad at you when your character doesn't "cooperate"

@Jay-Pax LOL Well come on! Not to mention when the RPer bombards you OOC trying to ask you everything on how they can possibly woo your character. Nope, nope! My character is just that stubborn...Why? Do I need to give a reason? I think NOT!  xD

*shudders* Mini horror story; Someone wanted me to ship one of my characters with their persona. Yeah..........NO.

@Jay-Pax LOL Well come on! Not to mention when the RPer bombards you OOC trying to ask you everything on how they can possibly woo your character. Nope, nope! My character is just that stubborn...Why? Do I need to give a reason? I think NOT!  xD

*shudders* Mini horror story; Someone wanted me to ship one of my characters with their persona. Yeah..........NO.

You wanna hear an even smaller horror story?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Please welcome 

Spoiler

President Trump.

(LOL do not discuss that here ^^)

I've heard things like that and possibly have been involved on that side. What's especially messed up is if the partner asks for things like they have a ' 'interesting relationship' which is really just a twisted slavery thing...that's my horror story. *mini-shudders*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back