• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Deunan's shot is a clean miss.

O'Brien raises up his gun pod and fires a burst at drone 5, scoring its armor with the high velocity slugs.

Rykon Rykon is up

Current Initiative Order
25 - Ryuko -50 [6]
23 - Deunan [4]

20 - O'Brien [3]
18 - Alan -0/-60/-0 [2] <====
18 - Light Drone 2-3 [2]
17 - Gabi [2]
15 - Neo [4]
12 - Light Drone 5 [2] serious damage
12 - Light Drone 6 [2]
11 - Costas - minor damage - [3]
10 - Light Drone 8-9 [2]
8 - Marlon [2]
6 - Cooper [2]

Alan readies the particle cannon, aiming at Light Drone 2. With a grunt of frustration at the last two MPAT shells missing their mark, he fires off a stream of energy. "Let's see how ya like that... chrome painted plastic, space turd lookin, alien flyin grape head piece of shi-..."

120MD

Light Drone 2 gets hit so hard it is knocked back into the wall and explodes, showering parts and debris all across the floor.

With Ryuko being out in front, Light Drone 3 fires on her. It will hit unless you dodge.

Purr Purr is up, and Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 has a defense to declare.

Current Initiative Order
25 - Ryuko -50 [6]
23 - Deunan [4]

20 - O'Brien [3]
18 - Alan -0/-60/-0 [3]
18 - Light Drone 3 [3]
17 - Gabi [2] <====
15 - Neo [4]
12 - Light Drone 5 [2] serious damage
12 - Light Drone 6 [2]
11 - Costas - minor damage - [3]
10 - Light Drone 8-9 [2]
8 - Marlon [2]
6 - Cooper [2]

VHT-10A Ajax mode: Helicopter.

Missile Payload:
Hardpoint #1 - 11/15 Plasma/Napalm (medium): 1d6x10 M.D., 1 mile, 15 foot radius, 1 M.D.C.
Hardpoint #2 - 11/15 Plasma/Napalm (medium): 1d6x10 M.D., 1 mile, 15 foot radius, 1 M.D.C.
Hardpoint #3 - 5/5 Plasma/Napalm (medium) Short-range missiles: 2D6x10 M.D., 3 mile range, 15 foot radius, 5 M.D.C.
Hardpoint #4 - Electronic Counter-Measures Pod

Gabi saw Ryuko getting fired on again because she had once again made such a good target. As much as the Mexican-Meltrandi wanted to change the plan and fire on the drone taking on Ryuko, she fell back on her training and, more importantly, her orders.

Focus your fire and take the drones out one by one."

Lt. Conway was clear and, as the Recon Patrol soldier in her knew, she was in this also right. Damaged drones on their last legs hit just as hard as pods that were fresh out of the factory. So Gabriela tried to draw Light Drone #5 into her crosshairs and blow it away with her powerful twin ion cannons.

"Hang in there, Ryuko!"

full

Image credit: www.limetown.com.br
STATUS Location: Inside the Robotech Factory.
Statblock: VHT-10A Ajax (400/400 M.D.). CBR Mk 2E Armor (105/105 M.D.). Heavy Shield (55/55 M.D.).
Effects Active: Command Spartas Combat Bonuses.

Gabi's aimed fire takes out another drone.

Neo shifts her fire to Light Drone 3 with her Eu-11, doing a lot of harm to the robot but not taking it out.

Lt. Costas is determined to help, and so he fires his twin lasers at Light Drone 3, managing to take it out of the fighting.

Light Drone 8-9 both turn to fire on Marlon, and they will hit unless you dodge or parry.

D. Rex D. Rex is up, and you have a defense to declare and roll.

Current Initiative Order
25 - Ryuko -50 [6]
23 - Deunan [4]

20 - O'Brien [3]
18 - Alan -0/-60/-0 [3]
17 - Gabi [3]

15 - Neo [5]
12 - Light Drone 6 [3]
11 - Costas - minor damage - [4]
10 - Light Drone 8-9 [3]
8 - Marlon [2] <====
6 - Cooper [2]

With fire coming his way, Marlon hurriedly rolled his veritech to the side to try and dodge out of the way of incoming fire. Bringing his gunpod to bare, he fired a burst to return fire at drones 8-9.

Strike: 17
Damage: 40

Dodge: Nat 2. (14)

Marlon fires, scoring a good hit on Drone 8, but in response, he gets tagged for 60 MD on his main body.

Cooper uses her Gu-11 gun pod to finish off Drone 8, leaving only one target left up.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 is up

Current Initiative Order
25 - Ryuko -50 [6]
23 - Deunan [4]

20 - O'Brien [3]
18 - Alan -0/-60/-0 [3]
17 - Gabi [3]

15 - Neo [5]
12 - Light Drone 6 [3]
10 - Light Drone 9 [3]
8 - Marlon -0/-60-0 [4]
6 - Cooper [3]

Ryuko froze when Drone 3 had taken aim at her. It was close range, and Ryuko had little time to move out of the way.

No! Not like this! I can't die here!

"Hang in there Ryuko! "

She heard Gabi call out to her in concern, but Ryuko felt it was already too late...

Just in time, Neo and LT Costas had taken down the assailant, Ryuko would breath a sigh of relief.

"Thanks you two!"

Seeing there is only one Drone left, Ryuko took no chances. She took aim at the drone and fired the chest Canon at it.

Seeing there is only one Drone left, Ryuko took no chances. She took aim at the drone and fired the chest Canon at it.
I'm confused. The Ajax has a small head laser, its main weapon of an arm mounted pulse weapon, and then it has missiles. What chest cannon?

The head laser fires out at drone 6, scoring a light hit against the armor of the drone. There is still Drone 9 to worry about, also.

Sherwood Sherwood is up

Current Initiative Order
25 - Ryuko -50 [7]
23 - Deunan [4] <====

20 - O'Brien [3]
18 - Alan -0/-60/-0 [3]
17 - Gabi [3]

15 - Neo [5]
12 - Light Drone 6 [3] light damage
10 - Light Drone 9 [3]
8 - Marlon -0/-60-0 [4]
6 - Cooper [3]

Deunan aims her Eu-11 rifle at the now damaged drone 6, hoping to finish it off.

100 MDC damage from the crit!
In the Hover Tank:
Number of Attacks: 9 - +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14
Strike: +12 with Cannons, +13 to HtH, +14 with EU-11 (+2)
Parry: +17 (+1)
Dodge: +17 (+1)
Roll: +9
Perception: +12
Initiative: +3 (+2)
Critical Strike on a natural 18-20

The blast hits the drone in just the right spot and it explodes. There is still drone 9 left.

O'Brien fires his Gu-11 gun pod, doing light damage to the drone.

Rykon Rykon is up

Current Initiative Order
25 - Ryuko -50 [7]
23 - Deunan [5]

20 - O'Brien [4]
18 - Alan -0/-60/-0 [3] <====
17 - Gabi [3]

15 - Neo [5]
10 - Light Drone 9 [3] light damage
8 - Marlon -0/-60-0 [4]
6 - Cooper [3]

Alan aims at Light Drone 9 and fires the particle cannon again, hoping to end the struggle with one last shot.

80MD

Another hard blast, and the drone is splattered against the back wall. I also believe that an 18 is a critical strike for you, making the hit even nastier.

Moving out of combat time.

Lt. Costas shoots forward in his Myrmidon tank towards the main housing of the fold engine. As he pulls up and jumps out, he enters and calls out, "All of the controls here look pretty straight forward, and I can have the engines shut down in just a few minutes. I'll need you guys to cover me while I'm working, though."

Deunan moves her hover tank forward and settles down in guardian mode to stand watch. "Good work, everyone. Lets make sure that we don't blow it this far into the mission. Lt. Costas, we have your back, so don't worry about that. Just get the job done so we can get the hell out of here."

Lt. Costas doesn't waste any words and instead jumps right into his work. As he starts pulling panels apart to work on their innards, red lights kick on and a alarm begins to blare. A loud voice in Zentraedi begins to speak, "Attention! Attention! Intruder alert! Unauthorized access in the Fold Space Engine chamber! Alert status upgraded to level two! All personnel to alert status two!"

During the next three minutes, several more of the light drones come zipping into the area, but with the tanks standing by in their guardian mode with their big guns ready, they are quickly taken out before any damage to the party can be done.

Neo says to Deunan, "Boss lady, once Lt. Costas is done, our next destination is up a level. We have a couple of options available to us. We can use one of four different banks of elevators that are nearby, or we can blast a hole of our own in the deck above us and fly up. I'm guessing that the elevators are going to be under guard. What do you want to do?"

Deunan is getting antsy. Sitting here while Lt. Costas does his work is a recipe for disaster. Eventually enough drones will show up and will overwhelm them if they don't get out of here soon. But by God she will not leave a single person behind. "I don't know about blowing holes in the roof. We don't know exactly what is up there. I say we pick one of the lifts and use them to go up. We may have a fight once we get there, but it will keep us from damaging something critical upstairs."

Over the radio, she calls out, "Costas, If you don't hurry up in there, I'll shoot you myself! Hustle your ass like your life depends on it, because it does!"

Over the radio, Lt. Costas can be heard breathing hard as he runs between various work stations to commit his sabotage. "Trust me, Lieutenant! I am moving as fast as I can! But if I pull the wrong chip, there could be catastrophic consequences, so please pardon me if I don't rush too much!"

It takes him a total of four minutes before he comes running out of the main fold chamber, a time that seems to be an eternity as you wait. Finally he climbs back up into the seat of his Myrmidon and starts it back up. "Ready to go, Lt. Conway! Remember, we have only ninety minutes before the repair drones get the fold engines back up and running. After that, it takes ten minutes for the engines to power up and make a jump, then its adios muchachos."

While all of this was going on, Neo punches up on the HUD a couple of different paths that can be taken to the different elevator banks around you. "Paths to the lifts are plotted, LT. Ready to roll out."

Looking at the map that Neo shares, there are four different elevator banks that are about equal distance from your current position.

"Ninety minutes! Copy that, Lieutenant. Ok, Neo. Lets see what we have to work with." Deunan picks one of the paths at random and shares it with the rest of the team. "Third Heavy and friends, move out!"

With no one giving any comment to the contrary, the assembled squad heads out on the path that Deunan has picked. The alarm sirens are blaring and red lights flashing as the alert continues to go off.

You advance rapidly through the station towards the elevators, and as you come into view of the lifts, you can see that there are a number of drones standing guard: Six Heavy Defense Drones and four Primary Defense Drones, and this bunch is ready for you. No surprise round this time.

Initiative rolls, please!

Deunan readies herself for another fight, thinking, We had all damn well better get one hell of a bonus for all this!

Total of 14
In the Hover Tank:
Number of Attacks: 9 - +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14
Strike: +12 with Cannons, +13 to HtH, +14 with EU-11 (+2)
Parry: +17 (+1)
Dodge: +17 (+1)
Roll: +9
Perception: +12
Initiative: +3 (+2)
Critical Strike on a natural 18-20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back