• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Can I try shooting at heavy drones 6-8 at once with missiles?
Technically, the game does not have rules for that, but there are times that in the cartoon series that the main characters have done just that kind of thing, so I will let you do so under the following House Rule:

It will cost you one action for each target you wish to hit plus one. So, if you wish to hit all three at once with your missiles, it will cost you four of your actions right at once. You will have to declare how many missiles you are firing at each one, and give me a to hit roll for each mecha you target. Remember, even if you fire four or more missiles per target, a 1-4 on the dice is a miss.

Technically, the game does not have rules for that, but there are times that in the cartoon series that the main characters have done just that kind of thing, so I will let you do so under the following House Rule:

It will cost you one action for each target you wish to hit plus one. So, if you wish to hit all three at once with your missiles, it will cost you four of your actions right at once. You will have to declare how many missiles you are firing at each one, and give me a to hit roll for each mecha you target. Remember, even if you fire four or more missiles per target, a 1-4 on the dice is a miss.
Understood.

I'm wanting to spend 3 actions to hit all three, and want to use up 12 missiles to do so. That's 4 per Mecha.

Can you roll for me please?

It will take you a total of 4 of your attacks to do so; one per mecha and an extra one on top of that. Give me two shakes and I'll roll.

After taking a second to tell her computer to lock on to multiple targets, Ryuko fires off a swarm of missiles! The drones all scatter, but are not fast enough to escape. Drone 6 gets slammed with a Critical Strike, and is totally blown to bits! Drone 7 and 8 also get hit, but their armor is able to take the impacts and still be functional, even if they are seriously damaged from the missiles.

Sherwood Sherwood is up

Current Initiative Order
25 - Ryuko [5]
23 - Deunan [2] <====

20 - O'Brien [1]
18 - Alan -0/-60/-0 [1]
18 - Light Drone 1-3 [1]
17 - Gabi [1]
15 - Neo [2]
12 - Light Drone 4-6 [1]
11 - Costas [1]
10 - Light Drone 7 [1] critical damage
10 - Light Drone 8-9 [1]
8 - Marlon [1]
7 - Heavy Drone 7-8 [1] heavily damaged
6 - Cooper [1]

Deunan grins. "Good shooting, Ryuko! That's what I want to see!" She swivels her tank around to place her aim at heavy drone 7, hoping to take it out before it can fire again.

Critical strike on that bad boy, doing 420 MDC damage from a near max damage roll!
In the Hover Tank:
Number of Attacks: 9 - +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14
Strike: +12 with Cannons, +13 to HtH, +14 with EU-11 (+2)
Parry: +17 (+1)
Dodge: +17 (+1)
Roll: +9
Perception: +12
Initiative: +3 (+2)
Critical Strike on a natural 18-20

That hit would have been enough to wipe out the drone even at full armor! The damaged bot seems to just vaporize from the force of the blast.

O'Brien aims his gun pod at the last of the heavy drones, riddling it with bullets and destroying the last of the heavy drones.

Rykon Rykon is up, and needs to add a defense roll still from the earlier attacks.

Current Initiative Order
25 - Ryuko [5]
23 - Deunan [3]

20 - O'Brien [2]
18 - Alan -0/-60/-0 [1] <====
18 - Light Drone 1-3 [1]
17 - Gabi [1]
15 - Neo [2]
12 - Light Drone 4-6 [1]
11 - Costas [1]
10 - Light Drone 8-9 [1]
8 - Marlon [1]
6 - Cooper [1]

Alan throws the throttle in reverse and turns his MPAT cannon toward the next grouping of drones. "Cannon's hot boss, gotta change weapons after this one."

Attacking Light Drone 1-3 with an MPAT, miss.

Alan is able to avoid the fire of the now destroyed heavy drones, but the dodge effort does throw your aim off a bit, and the shell explodes against the deck, doing no damage to the drones.

Light drones 1-3 bob and weave about, then turn to target Ryuko with their lasers. The shots will hit unless you dodge.

Purr Purr is up, and Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 has a defense to declare.

Current Initiative Order
25 - Ryuko [5]
23 - Deunan [3]

20 - O'Brien [2]
18 - Alan -0/-60/-0 [2]
18 - Light Drone 1-3 [2]
17 - Gabi [1] <====
15 - Neo [2]
12 - Light Drone 4-6 [1]
11 - Costas [1]
10 - Light Drone 8-9 [1]
8 - Marlon [1]
6 - Cooper [1]

Trusting Ryuko's abilities to defend herself, Gabi fired her twin ion cannons at Drone #7. "Say hello to the trash heap, you ugly piece of junk!"

Neo uses her main gun to try and thin the herd of drones, targeting number 4. Her cannon wipes it out.

Drones 5 and 6 both go after Neo, but she is able to leap dodge out of the way.

Lt. Costas fires on drone 8, but misses.

This gets their attention, and 8 and 9 both fire on him. He takes a minor hit but the Myrmidon is still holding strong.

D. Rex D. Rex is up with Marlon, and I need defense stuffs from Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Current Initiative Order
25 - Ryuko [5]
23 - Deunan [3]

20 - O'Brien [2]
18 - Alan -0/-60/-0 [2]
18 - Light Drone 1-3 [2]
17 - Gabi [2]
15 - Neo [4]
12 - Light Drone 5-6 [2]
11 - Costas - minor damage - [3]
10 - Light Drone 8-9 [2]
8 - Marlon [1] <====
6 - Cooper [1]

When Ryuko makes her dodge attempt, two of the three drones were able to track on you, striking your Ajax for a total of 50 MD damage. Not a tremendous amount, but every little bit adds up, and this mission is far from over.

D. Rex D. Rex is up

Current Initiative Order
25 - Ryuko -50 [5]
23 - Deunan [3]

20 - O'Brien [2]
18 - Alan -0/-60/-0 [2]
18 - Light Drone 1-3 [2]
17 - Gabi [2]
15 - Neo [4]
12 - Light Drone 5-6 [2]
10 - Light Drone 8-9 [2]
8 - Marlon [1] <====
6 - Cooper [1]

Marlon fires, but the small drones were just too fast for you to track on.

Cooper raises up her Gu-11 and drills Drone 1 with a critical strike, destroying it with a single hit!

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 is up

Current Initiative Order
25 - Ryuko -50 [5]
23 - Deunan [3]

20 - O'Brien [2]
18 - Alan -0/-60/-0 [2]
18 - Light Drone 2-3 [2]
17 - Gabi [2]
15 - Neo [4]
12 - Light Drone 5-6 [2]
10 - Light Drone 8-9 [2]
8 - Marlon [2]
6 - Cooper [2]

Following up Marlon's assault, Ryuko would cover his failure as her Ajax got up close to Drones 5 and 6, before aiming to punch drone 5 with her Machine's gun and stab the other with the Plasma cutter.

(Pls roll for me. I'm afraid to do it myself now.)

Following up Marlon's assault, Ryuko would cover his failure as her Ajax got up close to Drones 5 and 6, before aiming to punch drone 5 with her Machine's gun and stab the other with the Plasma cutter.

(Pls roll for me. I'm afraid to do it myself now.)
I can roll for you without a problem. But, you are describing two different actions. Which one do you wish to do, the punch or the plasma cutter?

You can only do one on this round, and the next round you can make the second attack. Which one would you like to attack, and with what weapon?

With a nasty punch, Ryuko zooms forward and hits the drone hard, but the armor of the light robot is still holding strong.

Sherwood Sherwood is up

Current Initiative Order
25 - Ryuko -50 [6]
23 - Deunan [3] <====

20 - O'Brien [2]
18 - Alan -0/-60/-0 [2]
18 - Light Drone 2-3 [2]
17 - Gabi [2]
15 - Neo [4]
12 - Light Drone 5 [2] minor damage
12 - Light Drone 6 [2]
10 - Light Drone 8-9 [2]
8 - Marlon [2]
6 - Cooper [2]

Deunan lines up a shot with her Eu-11 on Drone 2 and fires a burst at it.
In the Hover Tank:
Number of Attacks: 9 - +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14
Strike: +12 with Cannons, +13 to HtH, +14 with EU-11 (+2)
Parry: +17 (+1)
Dodge: +17 (+1)
Roll: +9
Perception: +12
Initiative: +3 (+2)
Critical Strike on a natural 18-20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back