• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech: Army of the Southern Cross - OOC thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I notice that most players want to dish out as much damage as possible and tend to not be interested in a support role. I confess that I'm just as guilty of this myself. But being able to buff the party can be as invigorating as a solid crit.

Very true. With my character Luna, I make sure to always have a Haste spell or two prepped and ready to go, just in case.

Not yet. I'm away from my books and want to do some reading up on my options before committing to any one skill.

I notice that most players want to dish out as much damage as possible and tend to not be interested in a support role. I confess that I'm just as guilty of this myself. But being able to buff the party can be as invigorating as a solid crit.
That's where it's nice to have multiple characters across different games. Different PCs "scratch different itches" if you will. =)

I am not a stickler for 'da rules' so much that I won't change things here and there. If you want to go the EW route, we can accommodate that desire.
Psychie Psychie That sounds great, but how so?

Spartas tanks come in either basic vanilla flavor or the Command Spartas which is their best, but it's still not, say, a basic AJAX with an ECM pod. What I mean to ask (in part) is, why go ECM at all if our tanks can't perform ECM functions? Special electronic suites are required for that. The only people you're tuning out using your car radio are the people in your back seat if you follow my meaning. =)

Furthermore, I'm a support guy by nature in Real Life. Yes, I have led (and I am told I am pretty good at it), but I really get a good feeling helping others get to where they want to be. Let me do a quick run-through of my current characters here "out loud." I want to see for myself.

Support: Kitty, O Mighty Fat Cat, C'osmo of Karbarra, Snowfall.
Damage-dealer: Dreamy of Desna.

Hmmm. Yeah. I'm seeing a trend here! Heh! I love support!

Spartas tanks come in either basic vanilla flavor or the Command Spartas which is their best, but it's still not, say, a basic AJAX with an ECM pod. What I mean to ask (in part) is, why go ECM at all if our tanks can't perform ECM functions? Special electronic suites are required for that. The only people you're tuning out using your car radio are the people in your back seat if you follow my meaning. =)
If I were to go straight military, there would be no modifications allowed to your mecha; the Air Force doesn't let its pilots swap out stuff on a F-22 to make it 'their own'. But I see your team as a special one with its own rules applicable to it, so I'd be willing to do some changes to your tanks.

In order for you to have a EW suite capable of making electronic attacks on targets, you will have to remove something to make room; possibly lowering some of your MDC points on your main body, or taking out the Tri-Laser and installing some EW gear in its place. Right now, your team has just gotten back to Anton-17 after a very successful mission, so you can make some tweaks here and now, and have them ready to move forward from here.

I personally don't recall ever using the tri-laser, so in my opinion, removing it would be the best bet to make room for a EW system. I do like the stealth system of the Myrmidon scout tank, and removing some armor to incorporate the sneakiness of that might not be a bad thing.

But I see your team as a special one with its own rules applicable to it, so I'd be willing to do some changes to your tanks.
Psychie Psychie O.K.! That's the statement I needed to hear from you. I say this because last game, we went too modification-heavy and this game is the result.

Prior to this, I didn't know if you felt good about modifying anything and I want you to be comfortable in your own game. Very comfortable. That's how games last.

I am with Sherwood in that I don't think I've ever seen a game where someone ever used the tri-laser. It looks like a really good place to start.

However, I think it's kind of dumb to have some tanks outfitted with stealth abilities and others without (say, with ECM instead). Your team is still visible and therefore compromised.

More later.

The stealth system of the Myrmidon would require a slight reduction in the MDC of the tanks since it is a wider modification that is over the whole mecha, where the EW pods can be placed in the housing of the tri laser. Also the ew pod can be a one off thing, and would not require the whole team to get it.

If we did have the whole team get the pods, could we interlock them to make a master/slave thing where one pilot controls them all?

GunMan2 GunMan2 Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

I just realized something. In the command version of the Veritech Hover Tank, there is no mention of replaced gear; it is simply a buffed version of the Spartas. If that is the case, why couldn't they make a similar suite based on ECM instead of command? One that also takes up no space? If this were the case, then all of our tanks could be outfitted with ECM gear.

Also, could we get rid of the tri-lasers to add in Myrmidon-like stealth technology? Or does that require a reduction in mega-damage? Even if it does, we would be a heavy recon force in more than name.

GunMan2 GunMan2 ? I haven't seen you posting in Out Of Character recently. Do you have a preference? Or would you rather our squad go another route?

Oh no. Im working most of the time so i don’t see the post as often. Since phone does not have notifications. So what was it. Replacing the lazer for something more different?

Well i did have chris take the technician thing to be able to do something like modifying or repairing the mechs on long missions

GunMan2 GunMan2
Oh no. Im working most of the time so i don’t see the post as often. Since phone does not have notifications. So what was it. Replacing the lazer for something more different?
Yeah! It started with me asking about a Skill for Kitty (Advanced Electronic Warfare) which I realized would be useless if we didn't have the tech (Spartas tanks only have the "Command" version which serves to buff friendlies but not counter enemies). Psychie basically said she was open to reasonable options. Sherwood made the point that no one uses the Spartas's Tri-laser cannon, so what if we swapped it out? Could we add stealth systems like the Spartas's cousin, the Myrmidon, to which Psychie replied we could, but we'd lose some of our Mega-damage protection. About then, I realized that the Command Spartas's electronic suite didn't seem to take up any additional space, so what might we do if we off-loaded the Tri-laser? Could we add stealth systems that way or did it require a reduction in our armor? And I think that's kinda where we stand now? =)

I agree that the tri lawr was bery low damage but i had a reason for not using it. But ya lets get some changes to our little tanks

Psychie Psychie Hey lady! How do we get this ball rolling here (or do you need time/feedback or something else)?

Heya friends!

I should tell folks here that I am seriously considering bowing out of this game and Sherwood's Rifts game for lack of activity. It's just... going too slow. Posts are true, but... diluted with other games? It almost makes me sorry I didn't join the Abyssal game that is so very popular right now (because that's where folks are. Not in either of my games and certainly not here).

As much as I love my characters, Snowfall and Kitty, I'm strongly thinking of moving out of both games. Doing so would knock me down from 6 games to 4 (assuming Sil's game doesn't revive). But at least those 4 are moving, more or less.

Honor and fun,
Dann

Heya friends!

I should tell folks here that I am seriously considering bowing out of this game and Sherwood's Rifts game for lack of activity. It's just... going too slow. Posts are true, but... diluted with other games? It almost makes me sorry I didn't join the Abyssal game that is so very popular right now (because that's where folks are. Not in either of my games and certainly not here).

As much as I love my characters, Snowfall and Kitty, I'm strongly thinking of moving out of both games. Doing so would knock me down from 6 games to 4 (assuming Sil's game doesn't revive). But at least those 4 are moving, more or less.

Honor and fun,
Dann
This game has been running slow from the start, with sporadic posting from the group. Only you and Sherwood have been posting with any regularity, and if you are seriously considering pulling out, I will understand.

This game has been running slow from the start, with sporadic posting from the group. Only you and Sherwood have been posting with any regularity, and if you are seriously considering pulling out, I will understand.
Well, I'm afraid that if I do (and this goes for Sherwood's Rifts game too), that this game will come to a stop. That's what's been holding me back from speaking up about this before now. I don't like losing touch (or being in "limbo" if you will) between characters that I enjoy playing. It's happened with Dreamy in Sil's game and it's happened before with Kitty and Snowfall. Plus (and forgive me if this sounds silly), but I gather this is one of the few games GunMan2 is involved in, and buddy, I like roleplaying with ya! =)

What I don't know is - what precisely do I want in its place? I think what I want is... to be a part of a game(s) that are simply more active. Preferably with systems and worlds I'm at least fairly familiar with.

To be honest, I am not feeling the same level of excitement for this game that I had on its initial start-up. I need to consider my options here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back