• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech: Army of the Southern Cross - OOC thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Psy, I have been gaming for longer than you have been alive, and I still make mistakes! It is a continual work in progress, one that I hope to continue on doing for many more years. That being said, you have progressed in your own storytelling skills from the first game we had together all those years ago. You've done good, kid!
Psychie Psychie Yeah, one big advantage I think you have here is you've got two highly-experienced DMs with different backgrounds and abilities at your service. I wish I had one RP mentor and you've got two! Yaaay!

Long ago, it was just Sherwood, Killfire, and I with none of us having any mentors to guide us - we just made it up as we went along as many gamers do! You've also got some kick-ass Players who might not run games, but one would be foolish to discount their advice - like Kaerri.

Sherwood can correct me if I'm wrong here. I started playing games earlier than he. I was 10 when I first gamed. Yes, I was talked into being the DM. My very first roll ever - and as Dungeon Master - was a Natural 20, which at the time, I didn't fully understand what that meant!). =)

However, because of the lives we lead and have led, Sherwood has far more gaming experience than I do. He has been to conventions, run games there, and dipped his mind into more gaming systems than I have. In White Wolf/Exalted terms, if I have a very solid "four dots" in Gaming, I feel Sherwood has all five. Because of his situation, he is able to be in 7, 8, 9, or even 10 games at a time while I have recently learned I am at my *firm* limit (meaning I should definitely not take on any more) with the 5 I'm in now. I was in 6, briefly, but the 6th fell through as the GM ghosted on everyone (no more playing with that GM!).

So, Sherwood's got more gaming experience as a whole and a neurotypical brain with its gifts. I've got a neurodivergent brain (that's the term the cool kids are using nowadays) and lots of "Real Life" employment experience. Both of us are lifelong roleplayers (it's what brought the three of us together along with dear Killfire) and I expect we will die doing what we love most - preferably here on RP Nation! =)

Hey Sherwood Sherwood or Purr Purr . I am looking for a game write-up of a flash-bang grenade, but I don't see one in my Robotech books. Do you guys know of one in any other Palladium book for me to reference? If not, I'll have to come up with some sort of game effect for it on my own.

Hey Sherwood Sherwood or Purr Purr . I am looking for a game write-up of a flash-bang grenade, but I don't see one in my Robotech books. Do you guys know of one in any other Palladium book for me to reference? If not, I'll have to come up with some sort of game effect for it on my own.
I don't know, but I can look in some of my books to see if I can find something.

Found this in the Ninjas and Superspies book:

Tear Gas
This extremely potent irritant temporarily impairs vision and
respiration, causing eyes to burn and water profusely, skin to
burn (a sensation, not in actuality), and making breathing very
difficult. Victims are —6 to strike, parry, dodge, and lose any
chance for initiative. Effects are immediate. Savings Throw:
None (gas masks counter the gas effectively). Cost: $40.00
each.

Still looking for a flash-bang.

Found this in the Game Masters Guide for Rifts, pg 124:

"The flash, burning sparks and smoke should blind and startle anyone not wearing environmental armor or wearing goggles and ear protection. The victims are -10 to strike, parry and dodge, and are -1 to initiative and lose one melee attack/action for the next 1d4 melee rounds. Even those in armor should be momentarily distracted for 1d4 seconds."

Those are the stats I go to for flashbangs and tear gas canisters in my games too. =)

So should i exchange that heavy weapon i got for a shotgun, shield and baton?

So should i exchange that heavy weapon i got for a shotgun, shield and baton?
I would opt for S.D.C. items my character was proficient in (has W.P.s).

But at least the stun baton and shield, proficient or no.

Shield and baton were starting items and plan to get some smoke granades. But chris seem to be proficient in heavy weapons and apparently normal pistols and energy rifles

Well, my vacation is almost over. Getting ready to go to the airport for a late-evening flight back to Vegas from Richmond tonight at 8pm. Hopefully I'll have a smooth flight and a quick recovery from the jet lag tomorrow.

Any last words before we move forward? I don't want to rush the scene again.
I am ready to go whenever the party is set. I'll shoot the top hinge first, then the bottom before body slamming it open to give access to the team.

EDIT I can also see Steven shooting the door and stepping back for someone else to push it open. Whichever is better I can do.

I am thinking that the second option is better. Shoot the hinges and have Chris, Kitty and Nova knock the door open and throw grenades before moving inside.

But I am only the storyteller. If you guys come up with another plan, I'm all ears.

Uh, but... could we check to see if anyone in the party has Pick Locks or Locksmith before we start blowing doors? =)

Also, if Breaking and Entering is required, what is the door made out of? If S.D.C. materials, what's the point of going after two door hinges when you can just take out the bolt housing that feeds into the wall (if it's a typical door)? Kitty can fire one Mega-damage round from her Fluffy and have it open, right? Steven, Nova, and Chris can all throw flashbangs (let's see Antonia make 3 Saving Throws instead of 1). Then Steven can do his impression of a one-man football blitz with Kitty assisting (maybe with a foot sweep?) while Nova and Chris retrieve any and all electronics? Then we hustle out and join Dorsey?

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, breaching the door with a Mega-damage bullet involves aiming from above toward the floor so you don't kill anyone behind the door. This sound plausible, folks?

The internal door is made of SDC materials, so make of that what you will.

AFAIK, no one has the Lockpicking skill among the player characters.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, breaching the door with a Mega-damage bullet involves aiming from above toward the floor so you don't kill anyone behind the door. This sound plausible, folks?
I was just about to point out the fact that if you use an MDC round, it will blow a hole and keep on going. Aiming down into the ground will keep you from vaporizing anyone.

I don't have any lockpicking or mechanical skill to be able to open the door that way, but we do have a few 12-gauge keys, if you catch my drift. So are we going with Kitty shooting the door, and the rest of us use our grenades?

If that is what you want to do, that's fine. I just want to make sure that everyone is on the same page.

I don't have any lockpicking or mechanical skill to be able to open the door that way, but we do have a few 12-gauge keys, if you catch my drift. So are we going with Kitty shooting the door, and the rest of us use our grenades?
Well, I'm putting myself in Antonia's position. Would I rather have the warning of 12 gauges going off until the lock finally gives (remember, we don't know what kind of lock she is using), or a suppressed single round opening that door all by itself before the flash bangs are thrown in? I know which one I would choose.

I would also like to hear from GunMan2 GunMan2 before we do this. As one of our Players, I would like his thoughts before any dice are rolled. =)

I think the moment we start making noise, a little hourglass somewhere flips over and our time begins ticking fast. I feel we've got to be out of there before MPs and what not show up and turn everything into a tangled mess. What do you think?

The way i see the moment we try to grab and bag Antonia the entire base might get hostile with us or the traitor party might see that the jig is up and will try to kill us. So i say move fast, move quick and do what needs to be done so we can’t waste any time than necessary

Precisely Kitty's recommendations. =)

I guess we are of one mind, then? I can have Kitty shoot off the lock with her suppressed firearm in her left hand and throw a flashbang with her right. Chris and Steven want to do the same thing with their flashbangs.

Then it's Steven and Kitty on Antonia with stun batons. Chris and Nova on electronics swiping (hard drives, laptops, phones, etc.). Steven pulls Antonia out with the rest of us and we move as one to Dorsey in the (hopefully running) APC. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back