• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice River's Campaign OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Hey RushingRiver RushingRiver (or Thanny Thanny since Swats has the same background) Gaelen has the criminal/spy background. So does this mean he could theoretically get in touch with his contact to find out about criminal activity/groups in the town they're currently in? I'm pretty new to actually playing DnD (I've lived vicariously through podcasts and youtube before this) so just wanna make sure I'm doing stuff right. And if that is correct, how would I go about it? Just say that Gaelen snuck away for a bit to have a letter delivered?

Sorry if it's a dumb question =P

With a criminal/spy background, you have experience with breaking the law and have contacts in the shifty world that is criminal in nature. Contacts can feed information, or they might have some knowledge pertaining to criminal activities in the region if the DM thinks them able to know such information. With that said, you would be correct! We can do off-screen stuff so that nobody loses pace or keep it in-the-know, the latter of which I like because I roleplayed written stories with others for a while.

In short, we have the possibility. If you think it is good game-wise, River, we can do it.

Last edited:
Gotcha gotcha. Just thinking since we got goblin writing, he could ask about goblin activity in the area. Not that the contact would necessarily know about it, goblins do as they please I guess. Also could ask about kidnappings in the area. Dunno yet, would have to think about it, just wondering if it was even an option.

Thanks Thanny Thanny !

RushingRiver RushingRiver , I was more meaning a conversation with an NPC under a character's control to speed things up (the DM can help in this area by tossing in key points and maybe some false/non-critical information as well), but I do like the idea of a private conversation as well. Things would be faster with one person doing the majority of the writing, though. Let ne know and I will assist. Also, the Cheers! option sounds nice too. That is a neat unique feature.

It's from my Bartender background :D
You have no trouble finding and getting to places that serve drinks. While drinking in a social establishment, strangers take a liking towards you and feel comfortable enough to share gossip.

Also sorry for the slight absence, will get to posting soon!

Yep! Cheers! is an interesting one, more of a social trait than anything and pretty cool in town settings due to the likelyhood of seeing a tavern or other social location. I do not know if it is UA (Unearthed Arcana) or not, but it seems like a nice roleplaying tool.

I will try to post soon if I can. I do not see much need for Swats to post due to her position, but I can try to concoct something.

Hey guys sorry for the late response.

Thanny Thanny Experienced Optimist Experienced Optimist Ohhh that could easily work as well. If you guys prefer the NPC under your control then that's fine by me. Would it make sense to make my input in a different colour/font so it is easily indentifiable?

The Cheers! is a great option as well :)

I like the idea of the Cheers! option as well, and the criminal/spy background is inventive to boot, but if Dreaming does not mind the limelight being focused on him/her, I vouch for Cheers! Bartender power is rarely seen outside of Waterdeep. Mostly I have seen tavern brawler power. =P

Hrmmmm considering DM's latest post telling the guys to return, perhaps when the party meets up again they could start the info-gathering process--Gaelen and Swats asking around for any sign of criminalgoblin activity, kidnappings, etc. while Andryn heads to taverns to learn if anyone can read Goblin and such? Maybe even learn more about Berley considering he's been revealed to be dead now?

I do not know if it is UA (Unearthed Arcana) or not, but it seems like a nice roleplaying tool.

It is indeed UA :D

I was wondering what I would do for my next post but now I have an idea thanks to Thanny Thanny that will have to wait for tomorrow. I'll jot down the notes for it then head to bed as it is 10PM where I am.

British, are we? =P No worries; take your time and have a good night! I look forward to it.

If you are looking for a new character and roleplayer to join, River, would you be interested in this fellow who posted the above thread? I would invite him myself, but I'm not sure if you want to add another person or not.

Yeah sure, we were supposed to have one more but they never made a character. And Will is busy too so I don't think it would be too crowded.

Excellent! HEY, kirbE kirbE ! Over here! This is the out-of-character thread, and in the additional hyperlinks above you can see the main and character threads. Let me or others know if you need additional info. We are a friendly, not too bite-y group, so questions should not be answered with mutilation.

Quick question. clarinetti clarinetti ’s character saw trees when she looked out. Were there trees before? Are these new? I don’t remember trees before, and I would have doubted there would be beautiful trees next to this dilapidated house. Or are we all just so blind that we missed those coming in (I mean, our characters are pretty damn blind apparently )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back