• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice River's Campaign OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Hey there, pardon the lack of activity on my end the past few days- it's been a gorgeous weekend here and trying to enjoy the good weather while it lasts. Going to work on finishing up a post tonight, so fingers crossed on that.

Hope you folks are doing well and everything! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey there! I am doing well as well, and enjoying the weather to boot. It is a gorgeous series of days in the northeast USA right now. I'll see if I can post as well; I have been meaning to do so for a days, but all my energy has been sapped by freshening up the backyard with a bit of everything new.

Hey there! I am doing well as well, and enjoying the weather to boot. It is a gorgeous series of days in the northeast USA right now. I'll see if I can post as well; I have been meaning to do so for a days, but all my energy has been sapped by freshening up the backyard with a bit of everything new.
Nice, glad you've had a chance to get out! We could all do with a bit of that I suspect ๐Ÿ˜…. Do you garden or anything like that?

Nice, glad you've had a chance to get out! We could all do with a bit of that I suspect ๐Ÿ˜…. Do you garden or anything like that?

So far, it is just keeping a good lawn, but I am hoping to plant some nice flowers as well, like daffodils, tiger lilies, irises from bulbs, and some others if I see any that would match the soil. My wife and I placed sixteen cubic yards of soil, a dump truck load, which was a LOT more than what I thought it was. The good news? It is done for the most part, with only the final clean-up things to do, actually growing the lawn from the very start, and the installation of the garden items. Tough work without power equipment like dozers and skidsteers! It will all be worth it, though. I keep telling myself that.

Wow, that was a book. Now to find a publisher.

So far, it is just keeping a good lawn, but I am hoping to plant some nice flowers as well, like daffodils, tiger lilies, irises from bulbs, and some others if I see any that would match the soil. My wife and I placed sixteen cubic yards of soil, a dump truck load, which was a LOT more than what I thought it was. The good news? It is done for the most part, with only the final clean-up things to do, actually growing the lawn from the very start, and the installation of the garden items. Tough work without power equipment like dozers and skidsteers! It will all be worth it, though. I keep telling myself that.

Wow, that was a book. Now to find a publisher.
Well you guys have been busy then! That's quite a project to take on by the sounds of it, so kudos to you. ๐Ÿ‘ Fingers crossed that it all comes together nicely.

You'll have to let us know once that first edition comes out- a tell all account of the trials and tribulations of DIY landscaping ๐Ÿ˜›.

I don't unfortunately have the drive to do much yard work- mowing the lawn and dealing with some weeds is about it for me ๐Ÿ˜…. Been tackling some little personal projects though during the down time- attempting to grow a herb garden, making sourdough from scratch, touching up the Spanish skills, things like that (Terribly cliche, I know). Nothing particularly exciting, but it's been enjoyable all the same.

DreamingBlackbird DreamingBlackbird
Low key debating whether to add a persuasion check to see if Orryna can get Andryn to spill some more secrets, just to spice things up.... with the luck we've all had with rolls though, I'm thinking it might come back to bite her XP

We don't have lawns here where I live, but that does sound like a big project to take on! Wish you guys luck with it! Indeed we'll be looking forward to the book too lmao

clarinetti clarinetti Actually go ahead alaskdfjskldjf It might turn out interesting--btw, love the post and it definitely gave me some ideas in regards to developing Andryn more, especially considering her bluntness and wayward-ness, which wasn't planned when I made her character sheet lmao

clarinetti clarinetti / DreamingBlackbird DreamingBlackbird

A tell-all account? For you guys, anything~! It is certainly quite the project to reestablish turf, especially since the people who renovated our house before us cut so many corners in the process. There is always something new hanging out waiting to surprise us.

As for what you are intending to do, I don't see anything too cliche, as all those things seem very intriguing to work on! Herb gardens are very nice and spice up the table as well as smell wonderfully. Sourdough I have yet to make, but maybe someday, and I wish you luck with mastering the craft (chiefly because of my liking sourdough pretzels)! Also, two years of Spanish hang from my belt, unused and quickly forgotten. I wish you the best there too, Clarinetti.

DreamingBlackbird DreamingBlackbird Lawns are fun to have and make use of, but not so fun to maintain. Personally I don't mind a desert, some cacti, and a rock garden, but greenery is nice and calming, and being surrounded by neighbors that have so much more than a scraggly wasteland like what my lawn was puts some pressure on too. =P

Moving on, I wonder what nefarious plot the trees have in store for us. An acorn has been plummeted toward our dear paladin, so shots have been fired. Orryna, say the word and Swats will . . . Swats will . . . freeze them solid? I'm looking forward to seeing more from the two at the abandoned house too.

I should be able to make a post today but if I end up doing it late, the reason is because it's my birthday today and I got 'Tales From The Yawning Portal' and 'Eberron : Rising From The Last War' and will be looking through them today.

Actually, quick question, does Therion know that they are chasing a goblin as he is following Swats or does he just know that he is chasing someone?

Kudos, and happy birthday! Those sound like good books. I love my adventures in the Yawning Portal, though the DM nearly killed me outright with a flock of stirges. As for the goblin, he likely is still visible unless he ducked behind a corner, though I think he is not aware of everyone seeing him. Therion might be able to see him too, I think.

Last edited:
So...er...yea. Made a short and simple post and rolled a nat 20...again. Am I just using up all my luck now? Am I somehow absorbing everyone's luck? I hope not.

clarinetti clarinetti / DreamingBlackbird DreamingBlackbird

A tell-all account? For you guys, anything~! It is certainly quite the project to reestablish turf, especially since the people who renovated our house before us cut so many corners in the process. There is always something new hanging out waiting to surprise us.

As for what you are intending to do, I don't see anything too cliche, as all those things seem very intriguing to work on! Herb gardens are very nice and spice up the table as well as smell wonderfully. Sourdough I have yet to make, but maybe someday, and I wish you luck with mastering the craft (chiefly because of my liking sourdough pretzels)! Also, two years of Spanish hang from my belt, unused and quickly forgotten. I wish you the best there too, Clarinetti.

DreamingBlackbird DreamingBlackbird Lawns are fun to have and make use of, but not so fun to maintain. Personally I don't mind a desert, some cacti, and a rock garden, but greenery is nice and calming, and being surrounded by neighbors that have so much more than a scraggly wasteland like what my lawn was puts some pressure on too. =P

Moving on, I wonder what nefarious plot the trees have in store for us. An acorn has been plummeted toward our dear paladin, so shots have been fired. Orryna, say the word and Swats will . . . Swats will . . . freeze them solid? I'm looking forward to seeing more from the two at the abandoned house too.
Mmm, it'll be a while before we get to pretzels, I think- tried making my first loaf last week with mixed results- bread tasted good, but it was on the dense side rather than airy. Once this heat wave's eased up I might give it another go, until then I'll likely be doing more BBQing than baking ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Happy Birthday! ๐ŸŽ‰ Hopefully you didn't have to stress too much on the post, though it does look like fortune's smiled on Therion- maybe the bad role streak has been broken? Anyways, take care and hope you have a great day- enjoy the new books!

So...er...yea. Made a short and simple post and rolled a nat 20...again. Am I just using up all my luck now? Am I somehow absorbing everyone's luck? I hope not.

OUR PRECIOUS LUCK! NOOOOO~!

No worries; what you are doing is elevating everyone's chances of success from the quagmire we are in right now. =P Also, mm, barbeque and tasty sourdough bread! That sounds good,Clarinetti. I am more of a oven-baking and stovetop individual, myself. Cannot do that without an air conditioning unit very easily in this 90+ F (32+ C) weather, however.

Look at my wizard trying to be a warrior. *shakes head*. That -1 modifier to Strength is not helping me one iota.

Well then, forget I tried. =P She reaches out and grasps a brick levitating in the air, thinking it is a goblin and trying to slow its 0 speed to 0 speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back