• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice D&D Half-Sandbox

Main
Here
OOC
Here

RushingRiver

Post a picture of your character sheet here.
Link to a blank, printable sheet: https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/DDALRoD_CharacterSheet.pdf

*Use point-buy to determine stats*

- Stick to the Player's Handbook, unless you are willing to send me all the details about your character (for example instead of just saying "sneak attack" explain what it is and what it does).
- Try to have variety within the party. I know you might desperately want to be a human barbarian, but if someone else has already posted it, pick something different.
- Be creative. Maybe your character grew up in a part of the world that had a high population of vampires, so they carry a wooden stake wherever they go.
- Characters can be related, as long as everyone involved agrees.
- Add your preferred time at the end. Play-by-post or session, if session, what day and time.

Message me if you have any questions, or if you need help making a character.

Last edited:
Gaelen Va'aren - Level 1 Rogue Wood Elf
GaelenVaaren.png

Born into a small tribe of nomadic elves that made a humble living performing in various cities across the continent, Gaelen had a generally easy childhood traveling with his parents and older brother. His father, dead set on dispelling the belief that traveling performers where no more than liars and thieves, told him and his brother to always be honest and good. If they did that, the world would reward them in kind. With these simple guidelines, Gaelen and his brother spent their childhood in relative bliss. Until their tribe was attacked.

Taking a rest for the night in between traveling to towns, their small camp was ravaged by a roaming gang of orcs. The elves, being a peaceful sort stood no chance against the barbarians. Gaelen and his brother were able to get away, though not before his brother sustained a grievous injury at the hand of the attacking orcs.

Both young elves staggered down the road, hoping to find some help. What they thought was their salvation came in the form of a traveling merchant, who seemed to have various healing elixirs and materials at his disposal. Gaelen immediately begged for help, but seeing the two dirty and bloodied elves before him, the merchant decided it wanted nothing to do with them or whatever might be after them, and promptly shooed them away.

It was a careless man, and even as a child Gaelen could have taken what they needed and never been noticed. But his father's words lingered in his mind; 'be good, be honest and the world would reward them in kind'. His brother echoed those words beside him "We'll just wait, someone else will come" He'd said. And so they waited. And no one came. And by morning his brother was gone.

Gaelen found that day that honesty and kindness did not guarantee receiving any in return, and vowed that day to never depend on anyone giving him what he needed, but instead taking what he could when he got the chance.

- Free to Play Mon-Fri after 6pm
or Sat-Sun before 6pm

Attachments

• ExperiencedOptimist_24808233 (4).pdf
    627 KB · Views: 14
  • GaelenVaaren.png
    GaelenVaaren.png
    856.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
DW8W52pW0AAZF-L.jpg

Edit: Adjusted Sheet so full backstory is readable, added a few comments re: Appearance

Attachments

• Orryna Atherly.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Here is my Cleric known as Therion. If there is a problem then please let me know.

-UPDATE- : I have typed up what he looks like and how he speaks.

Attachments

• Cleric Therion.pdf
    6.9 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I know that it can be all seen on PC as it can be scrolled down on so it might just be Phones that can't do that. Here is the Backstory for those that can't see the full backstory.

"It has been a long time since I've seen Sister Hilda. I owe her so much for raising me. I was borne in a village that was ravaged by an Epidemic. Most of the village died from it, including my birth parents. I would be too if not for the Priests of the Temple of Diancecht. I was adopted by the Priest that found me, Sister Hilda, and she made sure was raised properly. When I was 10, Sister Hilda revealed to me the truth about my birth parents, the Epidemic an how I was the only survivor of my family. She did not want to see this young baby be left alone so she adopted me and made sure I was loved and looked after. She also said that she didn't tell me before then because she feared that I might not understand, so she waited till I was old enough to understand. I was shocked at the truth but did not hate or even resent her for not telling me, I was happy that I now knew. I was taught how life can be taken by more than just a sword, axe arrow or a spell. I told Sister Hilda that I wanted to travel around to help heal the sick, she agreed and said that I would have to study hard. I then did my best to learn about all kinds of Sicknesses and Epidemics. I wanted to learn as much as possible. Sister Hilda helped by gathering everything that I would need fore the journey. When I left at the age of 18 Sister Hilda gave me her blessing. I have been traveling around, healing where I can, ever since."

RushingRiver RushingRiver Experienced Optimist Experienced Optimist
Ah, sorry about that! I'll see about fixing that up and re-post it shortly.

Also, re: preferences, I've only done play-by-post, but would be happy to try sessions out! Currently Wednesday/ Thursday evenings would work best for me: I'm in EST, so as long it doesn't go too late I'm good 👍

RushingRiver RushingRiver
First of all, sorry if this is the wrong thread but there don't seem to be an OOC thread.

Secondly, if you're thinking about doing sessions, can we sort out the issue of time zones before we start making characters.

Below is my Tabaxi character, Swats-at-Light-a-Lot, or Swats or Salal for short.

Below is an at-a-glance, and check the spoilers for the sheets. My preferred method is play by post. I don't have the time for sessions, sadly.

L1 Tabaxi Female Wizard
8 STR, 14 DES, 13 CON, 15 INT, 12 WIS, 14 CHA
Current Spellbook: Frostbite (Cantrip), Mending (Cantrip), Prestidigitation (Cantrip), Disguise Self (1st, prepared), Grease (1st, prepared), Shield (1st), Sleep (1st), Thunderwave (1st, prepared)

(I forgot to credit the original owner of the picture. I just found it on the 'Net, but kudos to whoever made the glorious artwork I adore.)
Swats 1.png
Swats 2.png

Phew, that took a while.

Last edited:
Ok. I looked into each time zone and I don't think they would work out, besides, Thanny can't do sessions. Considering this, we will do play-by-post (Link to thread will be posted soon). The expectation is a minimum of 1 or 2 posts a day. If you are consistently inactive on the thread we may come to a collective decision to kill your your character. Of course, if you are unable do post on any particular days, it's totally fine just let the group know.

Depending on the length of posts, I can possibly do one post a day and aim for that. If not possible continuously (because I am still working even with the coronavirus outbreak), I'll prioritise on the combat sections and try my best with the other times.

I look forward to participating with you all and seeing how you all roleplay!

'ello! Here's my character. Pdf has backstory and personality details

Andryn Xanatov | Level 1 Bard Tiefling

Andryn.png

Andryn's earliest memory--blurred by time and a little pinch of anger--was of walking alongside two other tieflings, hands holding tight as they trekked through a mountainous landscape. Mom and Dad, or the Deadbeats as she liked to call them nowadays, were adventurers. Often she recalled the sheathing of swords, the sound of lightning crackling on the tip of her father's staff, or sometimes her mom's war cry as she charged towards a creature. Sometimes, she could still picture the places they probably went to--green fields beside downtrodden roads, or neverending forests, or cities that gleamed under sunlight. But mostly, Andryn remembered the feeling of wonder.

Until the day such wonder ceased.

Her second earliest memory was of getting impaled in the chest, the screams of her parents gradually sounding muddy and far-away. The last things she saw before darkness took over were their tear-stained faces, telling her to stay awake. To hang on. To never leave them.

Funny thing was, she held up her end of the bargain--they didn't.

Her third earliest memory was waking up in the ramshackle house of a dwarf named Alderich Ungart. A bartender at a tavern somewhere in Seligen, Alderich had been lounging in his chair one night when he heard the panicked knocks of two tiefling strangers, carrying a bleeding 8 year old child in their arms. By luck or by the efforts of three desperate people, Andryn had survived that night. Alderich would eventually go on to tell her that her parents had left the first thing in the morning, giving him enough gold to take care of Andryn until she woke up, and for the following years after.

He also told her that they weren't coming back--almost losing Andryn had been too much for them. They had always known that bringing Andryn along was a danger, but they hadn't truly realized it until they experienced it.

Andryn was, of course, visibly upset by this. The first few years were difficult for the dwarf and the tiefling, but eventually Andryn grew to call Alderich her father, and vice versa. Eventually she began to accompany him to his workplace, Bok's Bar, where she would help him out with bartending, learning the profession along the way.

She was 18 when Alderich, suffering the debilitating effects of old age, died to an illness, leaving her with nothing but the crumbling house he'd lived in for so long. Luckily enough, the owner of Bok's Bar had allowed her to take over Alderich's job as the tavern's bartender, in exchange for free lodging.

Six years later, and she still is.
BARTENDER
You have been mixing drinks and handling customers for as long as you can remember. The man (or woman) behind the counter, people of all walks of life are often drawn to your trustworthy nature. Mostly, you lend an ear to the inebriated, but even the sober disclose to you. This in turn has made you a source of information in your locale. People turn to you when they need gossip, or--with enough coin--some truths. Regardless, you stay behind the counter, in the background, witness to the unaware.

Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Persuasion
Tool Proficiencies: Brewer's Supplies
Languages: One of your choice (Dwarvish)
Equipment: Brewer's supplies, common clothes, pouch with 15 gp
Looking forward to roleplaying with y'all!

Attachments

• Andryn Xanatov.pdf
    695.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Andryn.png
    Andryn.png
    351.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Ok. I looked into each time zone and I don't think they would work out, besides, Thanny can't do sessions. Considering this, we will do play-by-post (Link to thread will be posted soon). The expectation is a minimum of 1 or 2 posts a day. If you are consistently inactive on the thread we may come to a collective decision to kill your your character. Of course, if you are unable do post on any particular days, it's totally fine just let the group know.
Mhmm, that sounds reasonable enough. Only day I might not be able to post are Mondays, but otherwise should be good to do 1-2 posts a day.

Also, FYI edited previous post and fixed the sheet up- let me know if there's any other issues.

Looking forward to getting started and playing with you guys! :xFsmile:

I'm already looking forward to seeing people's characters in action. Bard, Rogue, Cleric, Fighter/Barbarian (forgive me; I haven't checked the PDFs due to cyber security being pounded into my head, so I may be mistaken), Wizard -- it seems like a pretty cool adventurer's party so far.

Is anybody considering multiclassing as things go on?

I'm already looking forward to seeing people's characters in action. Bard, Rogue, Cleric, Fighter/Barbarian (forgive me; I haven't checked the PDFs due to cyber security being pounded into my head, so I may be mistaken), Wizard -- it seems like a pretty cool adventurer's party so far.

I’ll put in a png version of my character sheet so you can read it then :p

Not planning on multiclassing here, personally. Though I’ll see as things go on.

Experienced Optimist Experienced Optimist , that would be great if you don't mind. I had a tough, head-scratching time with changing things over to an image, but the fullscreen-printscreen combo is a very friendly source for changing things over to images. Hope this helps!

As for multiclassing, I myself am thinking about dipping into Rogue, Monk, or Paladin depending on the situation. For now it is straight wizard, however.

Edit: I feel silly in that a fair number of people might be using DND Beyond for their character sheets. I should probably have went with that option, having used that as a baseline.

Experienced Optimist Experienced Optimist , that would be great if you don't mind. I had a tough, head-scratching time with changing things over to an image, but the fullscreen-printscreen combo is a very friendly source for changing things over to images. Hope this helps!

As for multiclassing, I myself am thinking about dipping into Rogue, Monk, or Paladin depending on the situation. For now it is straight wizard, however.

Edit: I feel silly in that a fair number of people might be using DND Beyond for their character sheets. I should probably have went with that option, having used that as a baseline.

Ok, added it on as a picture. It's not all the info, but I think it's most of the important stuff. Also added the backstory in under a spoiler tag thing

That looks perfect! The backstory is what I was hoping to see the most, so I thank you for including it. *checks out sheet again and nods*. Yep, yep, still looking forward to things. Thank you much!

I haven't ever tried multiclassing out considering I'm still pretty new to things 😂 but one day maybe I will, just not now

Also it's sad that D&D Beyond doesn't let you show a character's backstory/personality/background, so I'll go Experienced Optimist's way and stick it there as png's :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back