• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Japan - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
It's pretty loud with the various engines of the SAMAS suits and the transport, so go ahead and give me a Perception roll.

Sherwood Sherwood Snowy has a +4 Perception modifier and automatically detects Chi and magic for what that may be worth? Does he get a shot too?
I was just about to tag you to ask if you wanted me to roll. You got a 17 on the die, so you also heard the shouted warning from Ando.

His current form is thanks to his cyber disguise skin which hides most of his borgparts but to get his tanto and pistol which are in his left leg
What?! We got Cyber-Ninja-RoboCop in the party too? Maaan, this just gets better and better! 8D

What?! We got Cyber-Ninja-RoboCop in the party too? Maaan, this just gets better and better! 8D
Glad you like it. Cause picked some weapons for him and he is not going to let them goons escape till he got a talk with them

And Purr Purr I don't think you have posted IC since I rolled your perception check to hear the shouted warning of impending danger. What will Snowfall be doing?

Heya folks! Sherwood Sherwood D. Rex D. Rex Eonivar Eonivar GunMan2 GunMan2 Kikimura Kikimura Psychie Psychie Steve Freeling Steve Freeling Teh Frixz Teh Frixz

"The story is the boss." - Stephen King.

In the interest check, Sherwood wrote this in his first post:
Between me, Psychie and Dannigan, we have been discussing a new Palladium game set in the Rifts world of Japan. You are going to be a mixed team of supernatural and/or high tech beings that have been brought together to try and recover a stolen mystical item that was taken by a being of supernatural evil <mwuhahaha!> This game is going to be featuring a lot of imagery from Ghost in the Shell manga, anime and live action film, along with a strong martial art and mystic vibe to it.
(bold mine)

In Snowfall's mind, it is not the VIPs who are in trouble, but the Millennium Tree seeds. So... since "the story is the boss," I am going to have Snowfall move to protect the Millennium Tree seeds (for reasons that are perfectly sound and logical in his mind). However, I am going to have Snowfall make a few mistakes and "fail on purpose" for the sake of a good game.

1. Snowfall is NOT going to grab the seeds, go into his Chi Cloud form, zip inside the Ministry for Metahuman Affairs building, etc.. (The seeds' best option, but this might things more difficult for our Game Master so I am not doing that.)

2. Snowfall is going to move to protect the seeds without telling Kimi (or anyone) what he is up to (because if he does, then the rest of the PCs and NPCs might catch on and make Sherwood's role more difficult).

3. However the supernatural evil gets the soon-to-be stolen mystical item (the seeds being the only item I can think of), Snowfall has the wisdom to see and protect what is holy in the eyes of his people, but ultimately he fails in its defense. Maybe he doesn't make it to the seeds in time, maybe a bolt from the blue sends him flying silly or knocks him out. Whatever Sherwood devises is fine! Snowfall will be just as surprised as anyone when the baddies succeed. And then it will be a matter of good ol' Japanese honor to get the seeds back!

And if all this nets us Players a few extra experience points for good roleplaying in the spirit of Palladium games, then great! If not, still great! In the end, the game is what we are all here for and what is a game without a story we help to create? =)

Last edited:
The horror master. I seen one or two movies but had not read any or watched since i was a teen

IC post will be up later tonight. Get ready for initiative rolls!

Indeed.

Eonivar Eonivar don't forget that you get (i think) a +6 to your roll thanks to your Sixth Sense power. Also, since everyone is on alert from Ando's warning, everyone gets a +3 to your rolls when it is time.

Can't wait! Due to the nature of my job I'll probably be limited to not a lot of replies a day

Can't wait! Due to the nature of my job I'll probably be limited to not a lot of replies a day
Kikimura Kikimura "A day?" Wow! Only on very rare occasions do I post in-game multiple times a day (and it's usually some kind of dialogue between Player characters or the like). I hope to post in-game about once per week or so, Real Life depending.

Don't forget to post your character in the Characters Thread so I can get you into this action-packed adventure!

Also, this is the first combat for Steve Freeling Steve Freeling in this system. Everyone, please feel free to offer up any and all advice on what to do to help him out. And Steve, please don't hesitate to ask about stuff that you aren't certain on. Your character knows stuff about armor ratings and weapon damage that you don't yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back