• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Japan - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Don't forget to post your character in the Characters Thread so I can get you into this action-packed adventure!
Welp. It lets me quote but doesn't let me paste it or move it into the CS chat. If you could do that for I'd appreciate it!

Kikimura Kikimura Have you tried quoting it using the (non-Microsoft non-Ctrl + P and Ctrl + V) RP Nation site "Insert Quote" function?

EDIT: Like this?
Kikimura Kikimura Have you tried quoting it using the (non-Microsoft non-Ctrl + P and Ctrl + V) RP Nation site "Insert Quote" function?

If you hit quote from the pm I sent you, then reply in the character thread. After that, just delete the quote header and footer and it should be good.

If you hit quote from the pm I sent you, then reply in the character thread. After that, just delete the quote header and footer and it should be good.
Sherwood Sherwood Kikimura Kikimura I don't think it works that way. One can Insert Quotes from Conversation to Conversation, but it won't show up in your Character thread.

How about this?

1. Sherwood, copy the information into this thread.
2. Kikimura, click the "+Quote" at the bottom-right of his post.
3. Go to the Character's thread and "Insert Quote."
4. Locate and toggle your "Toggle BB code" in the top taskbar near the Redo and Undo functions (they are on the right side of my taskbar next to Preview). It should look like a pair of brackets with a space in between like this: [ ]
5. Remove the information that looks like this at the top and bottom of the post (the header and footer except with brackets instead of the bold green arrows I've put there):

<QUOTE="Dannigan, post: 11698956, member: 9027">

<
[/QUOTE>

6. Post Reply.

Last edited:

• Player: Kikimura
    Name: Tula Andromedeus
    Race: True Atlantean
    OCC: Cyber Knight
    Alignment: Scrupulous

Iq: 24 - +10% to all Skills, +4 to Perception
    Me: 21
    Ma: 14
    Ps: 22
    Pp: 28 - +8 to Strike, Parry and Dodge
    Pe: 19
    Pb: 19
    Spd: 34

M.D.C. by Location - AR 16:
    Shoulders (2) - 8 each
    Back/Shoulder Blades (2) - 15 each
    Forearms (2) - 10 each
    Thighs/Upper Legs (2) - 15 each
    Chest Plate (main body) - 50 M . D . C .

Hit Points: 22
    SDC: 97
    ISP: 51

Combat Bonuses
    Number of Attacks: 5
    Strike: +8
    Parry: +14
    Dodge: +14
    Roll: +7
    Perception: +4
    Initiative: +1 / +7 with Zanshin
    Critical Strike on a Natural 20

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood Kikimura Kikimura Since the character sheet is here, do you mind it staying here until next week when it will be easier for Kikimura to transfer it to the Character Sheet thread? This way Kikimura can be playing right now.

Would that be of benefit for the both of you? =)

Psssh. You haven't done anything that requires apology. Not everyone has access to PCs (and not everyone owns PCs). You're good! =)

Sherwood Sherwood When it is convenient for you, would you mind taking a look at my character sheet? Does Snowfall really have a +0 when I'm seeing 1st level PCs here with +7 and +13 and I can't help but wonder - did I miss something? Are folks with Zanshin adding it to their base totals?

I think that might be it. IIRC it only applies to stuff within the area of the effect. Psychie Psychie I think you have added your Zanshin bonus into your initiative bonus? If so, you'll need to adjust that. I need to do that with Kikimura Kikimura 's sheet too. Thanks for catching that, Purr Purr

I think that might be it. IIRC it only applies to stuff within the area of the effect. Psychie Psychie I think you have added your Zanshin bonus into your initiative bonus? If so, you'll need to adjust that. I need to do that with Kikimura Kikimura 's sheet too. Thanks for catching that, Purr Purr
Ah! Thank you, Bud! The answer I was seeking is now clear. =)

I think that might be it. IIRC it only applies to stuff within the area of the effect.
Sherwood Sherwood Re: Zanshin. Correct. The bonuses only apply to threats within their circle.

However, they are not surprised by long range attacks, ambushes, critical strikes from behind, and the like. This does not mean that they can defend against such attacks (say, they are focused on another opponent in front of them); the attacker simply receives no surprise attack. Long range attacks are sensed automatically (by following the Chi/intent back to the ranged attacker). As such, Initiative is rolled normally and the Zanshin user may attempt to Dodge said attack under normal circumstances (normally, a Defender cannot defend against a ranged attack they are unaware of).

Source: Erick Wujcik and Company in the Palladium Books forums circa 2001 (after the page loads, use Ctrl + F and type "Zanshin" to find the conversation). Of course, the Game Master is the final word in all such rules discourse. =)

Last edited:
Initiative Roll: 9 + 8 + 3 = 20

Sherwood Sherwood Steve Freeling Steve Freeling Hey there! I think I'm seeing the same problem with Zanshin that we had earlier? That wonderful +6 Initiative bonus does not apply unless they are within your Zanshin circle - it is not a flat +6 bonus to all situations. The numerical bonuses are basically melee-based.

Since Sherwood did not apply that bonus to the rest of the characters who have Zanshin, does this also not hold true for Steve's character? Or is he under some special circumstance that gives him the bonuses?

Bonus points for Purr Purr for catching that. Yes, the Zanshin bonus of +6 is s short range bonus, so it doesn't apply at this point. The other +3 from the early warning still does apply.

I am getting things rolling so we don't have the game fizzle before it even gets started. Kikimura Kikimura can join in when available, since he's inside the transport at the moment.

Sherwood Sherwood question, can I have Ando use Super Telekinesis to do a “Force Push” and throw all three of the incoming guys off the building?

I won't lie Sherwood Sherwood it seems I'm practically holding you back, I also still have no concept over how the world works or mechanics. It might be best I don't participate--as I'd feel bad just leeching off you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back