• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Purr Purr , you might be surprised at how fast the Undead Slayer powers up. With your Invulnerability Tattoo, you get 75 MDC per level. Right now, that's not as much as the Anti-Monster or Psy's magic mecha, but it boosts quick. 300 MDC by level 4, not including any other tattoo magic you tack on, like Energy Resistance (making you completely invulnerable to energy based attacks for one melee per level!). That doesn't take into consideration the fact that you are an MDC being, and will have 200 some odd points of personal armor.

Attack wise, you have a few options. First, you can take one magic tattoo weapon like a sword, and buff it up with add-ons, or a magic bow that shoots 2,000 feet doing 6d6 MD per arrow. You can also summon a simulacrum monster with a Tattoo, and let it run into the fray while you stand back with your TW weapons and plink at it until such time as your power level boosts up enough to be able to go toe-to-toe with mecha on your own. The monster tats can get very expensive, but every hit on them is one less on you.

I'm not just making these numbers up; I am running a Rifts game on the Tabletop, and our Undead Slayer is one of the anchor powerhouses of the team. In the new Atlantis book, you have new options for Tattoos, too. Flight that gives you Mach speed capacity is one of my new favorites. Obviously, if you want to switch, there is a metric shit-ton of character classes you can snag. But, don't just sell out the Undead Slayer before you have a chance to look over the book and see what you can get with it!

The option for the more advanced Martial Art techniques is one that I'm pondering. I just want to make sure that the system for buying them is fair and it doesn't knock the game for a loop. I am imagining the Anti-Monster tearing out a Tai Kick Boxing attack and just wiping the floor with some poor schmuck! Or the Controller with Tai Chi, getting a auto dodge every attack on her. The potential is there to be really game unbalancing, but at the same time, you are going to be heading to Atlantis to romp around there for a while. That is a tough cookie to crumble, and getting the bonuses from the various MA styles would be a benefit to you.

I will happily entertain thoughts and comments on this from the gallery.

For the martial art question, I would love to be able to take on some fancy style like that. I had not considered Tai Chi, but that does sound cool! Can we? Can we? Can we?

Ok, I'm really not trying to be difficult, is there a pdf of all of the classes to choose from with a basic description of each?

Ok, I'm really not trying to be difficult, is there a pdf of all of the classes to choose from with a basic description of each?
There are literally fifty+ books, with character types in all of them. There is just too much to try to make a summary of all of them. Perhaps I can offer a suggestion or two?

On I just looked some stuff up... can I be a Fire and Brimstone Preacher?
Can you give me some more info on that? Is it a actual character class, or just a idea you want to go with?

I hope you do not mean that physically, his insides are soft and squishy

Ha ha! no, Orikanyo! I most certainly meant his personality! Ha ha ha! =)

...and will have 200 some odd points of personal armor.

You are allowing them to wear armor? I was under the impression they didn't wear armor because they had to touch their tattoos to activate them (at least at early levels)?

But, don't just sell out the Undead Slayer before you have a chance to look over the book and see what you can get with it!

Oh, I have looked at it! I read until my brain was full, but you have direct experience with the class. I saw those tattoos you mentioned like the Invulnerability and "Space Flight" tattoos. I think they are great! I've just never played as a PC with a P.P.E.-using class and I'm wondering how P.P.E. management goes? What can the character class do without P.P.E.? (It's been many years since I've played Rifts!)

Speaking of classes, I also found the Tattooed Voyager to be pretty cool, except that I really couldn't use the class to get our entire party into anywhere via Rift until my character was about 6-7th level... Hmm.

That is a tough cookie to crumble, and getting the bonuses from the various MA styles would be a benefit to you.

An Anti-Monster with something like Muay Thai might not be feasible due to the sheer amount of training involved. Plus, Muay Thai (not to be confused with Kick Boxing from Rifter) is a Dedicated system in Ninjas & Superspies. I cannot recommend it for an Anti-Monster's as it seems that skills are one of the R.C.C.'s weak points. Perhaps it could be limited to a less-explosive, but decent martial system. Restraint seems prudent and in line with the class.

A Controller with Automatic Dodge might also be accomplished with Hand to Hand: Commando (if you allow). However, I feel that Automatic Dodge should not count towards the Controller's automaton(s); only the Controller. Tai Chi's Open-hand Push (from Ninjas & Superspies) is also a force to be reckoned with. If memory serves, it knocks an opponent back a number of feet equal to the Tai Chi practitioner's Chi? If that is true, and P.P.E. were to stand in the place of Chi, you would conceivably have a magic-user who could push someone across a city street with a single melee attack.

I think it really depends on what you allowed each class to have (if any, in the case of the Mystic Knight). Perhaps you could ask each individual player (at least those interested) and together you could agree on a martial system? They would have to provide a suitable background reason too perhaps? Controllers from the Federation of Magic are quite removed, I think, from many martial art schools while, say, a character hailing from Japan or Mystic China might have their pick of systems (especially classes like the Demon Queller).

Once you have over six magic Tattoos, you become a Mega Damage being. With each one you get, you add something like 8 MDC to your base, and with the 18 Tattoos you start with, that gives you around 150 MDC bare nekkid.

As with the MDC add-on per Tattoo, so does your PPE go up with each one. Here is the quote from the book:

Increased P.P.E. from magic tattoos: Base P.P.E. is 2D4x 10
for all Undead Slayers, males and females. Add 10 P.P.E. points
for each level of experience and six P.P.E. points for each tattoo.
Thus a typical first level undead slayer will start with approximately
162 to 222 P.P.E. Remember, the character can also draw energy
from ley lines and nexus points.

Ok, I have that PDF. Let me take a peek at the OCC and give you some feedback on it.

Hmm! That seems like a lot of P.P.E.! But I just noticed something; the numbers I'm seeing are different. Do you own the Secrets of the Atlanteans Dimension book? I've been looking at the revised Atlantean Undead Slayer:

Base P.P.E. 1D4x10+50. Add 10 P.P.E. per additional level of experience and 6 per tattoo (and they start at 1st level with... 20 tattoos). So...180-210 P.P.E. at start!

Also...
You are allowing them to wear armor? I was under the impression they didn't wear armor because they had to touch their tattoos to activate them (at least at early levels)?

It is not MDC body armor that I was referring to. They are MDC beings, with each tattoo adding to their point total. So, with your 20 Tattoos starting out, you have between 150-180 MDC, (all off of the top of my head; my hard copy of the new Atlantis book is upstairs and I'm too lazy to go and get it) and that is before you add in any Tattoo powers like your Invulnerability. That can give you around 250 MDC at first level, and that is without any armor at all!

and the new text did revise the Undead Slayer, so the base Atlantis book is now a bit off.

Huh! You're starting to help me understand how potent they are. Thanks, Sherwood!

But I don't mean to "hog the Game Master". Who else wants help with their character? =)

As I said, the Undead Slayer in my tabletop game is a real powerhouse. But, he's also up at 7th level, so that helps.

It is a class... according to: Preacher

It is an OOC from book 14 (New West?)...
I'm taking a quick look, but there is not a whole lot to the Preacher class at all. They have a decent batch of skills, but not much else. It is your choice to play, of course, but if you want a support class that can do more than just run some skills, the Ley Line Walker or Mystic classes have more to offer.

I just want to be an Bible-thumping, devil-slayin', vengeance seeking, God-fearing, S.O.B!

I just want to be an Bible-thumping, devil-slayin', vengeance seeking, God-fearing, S.O.B!
lol I can do that. Can I give you a Ley Line Walker that has the sideline of a Bible-thumping preacher?

A wizard. They come with a good selection of spells that can be very utilitarian. They have some great talents that make the class very useful.

A wizard. They come with a good selection of spells that can be very utilitarian. They have some great talents that make the class very useful.
Ok... but I'm only taking stuff like Smite and holy based lol

Ok... but I'm only taking stuff like Smite and holy based lol
Awesome. You can be a great demon slayer. I'm working on Orikanyo's sheet right now, and will get a kick butt spell slinger ready for you.

I have no clue what the stats are or what would be a priority for my character...

I have no clue what the stats are or what would be a priority for my character...
Trust in your Storyteller.

Option 1 is to have you make 8 die rolls, 4d6 each, reroll 1's. If you get a 15-18 on the three highest dice, add 1d6. If that last d6 comes up a '6', add another d6. You have a potential to get a 30 if you max out your roll.

Option 2 is for me to roll for you with my dice and place the numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back