• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I would probably want to go with a shield, since Terra has a ton of MDC to her with her Invulnerability Tattoo.

lol There might be a way, but I won't tell you about it first! You have to figure it out for yourselves!

Meh! Fine! Be reasonable like that. See if I care.

Seriously, I get it. I just need to figure out a way to get the goodies!

If anyone actually needs both, it would be Eron. Even with his symbiote, he has the least amount of MDC of all of you when you compare what you get with that Invulnerability Tattoo at your current level.

Rykon Rykon I am thinking that with Zephiron's metamorphosis ability, the shield will be the better choice for him. That can be used in either form without a problem, ending up like a buckler in your dragon form on your forearm. But of course, it is your choice on which one you'd like to go with.

Hey Sherwood Sherwood Quick question for you. That Atlantean Staff of Power that Terra had; can I have had it sold through our buddy Moloch? I am thinking that since I don't have the Automations anymore, I would have limited use for it since it is not exactly to Terra's scale in size.

Given the amount of time you are dealing with over the past six months, I'll say you can have an offer made for it for 25 million credits. That is all that Moloch is willing to go for, assuming you are sure you wish to sell it.

The other thought I had for it was to see if Zeph might want it. What do you think, Rykon Rykon ? Would you be interested in it?
Staff of Power
This weapon is similar in its basic design to the pacification staff.
The major difference is the styling of the staff and the type of magic
built into it. The staff of power can be used
by any member of the Splugorth's elite minions, but is most common
among Powerlords, Overlord officers, Slavers and High Lords.
Comment: Designed with the elite minions in mind.
Weight: 25 Ibs (11 kg)
Mega-Damage: As a blunt weapon, damage is 5D6 M.D. plus the
character's P.S. damage. Also see magic powers.
Magic Powers: All spells and blasts are equal to a fifth level spell.
1. Heal Wounds (10 P.P.E.), same as the spell.
2. Words of Truth (15 P.P.E.), same as the spell.
3. Sleep (10 P.P.E.), same as the spell.
4. Shadow Meld (10 P.P.E.), same as the spell.
5. Call Lightning (15 P.P.E.), same as the spell.
6. Energy Disruption (12 P.P.E.), same as the spell.
7. Mystic Portal (60 P.P.E.), same as the spell.
8. Negate Magic (30 P.P.E.), same as the spell.
9. Anti-Magic Cloud (140 P.P.E.), same as the spell.
Rate of Fire: Two different types of magic can be activated per melee,
all effects are cumulative.
Effective Range: Varies with the particular spell, generally 10 ft (3 m)
to 300 feet (91m).
Magic Saving Throw: Spell strength is equal to a 5th level wizard. To
save, a character must roll a 13 or higher.
Payload: 160 P.P.E. and regenerates 20 points per hour. The staff can
be instantly and completely recharged at a ley line nexus or stone
pyramid.
Market Cost: Generally not available on the open market, but can sell
for anywhere from 10 to 60 million credits.

I really like the power of the Anti-Magic Cloud, but with so many magic users in our party, at this point it would do more harm to us than good.

Yeah, if you had a bunch of powered armor pilots or some kind of gunslinger class that would be a good power to have. But it would cripple everyone else's powers if you were to use it.

Too bad we can't have it work and not affect the rest of the party, being able to exclude some people from the Cloud's effects.

I'm gonna go ahead and just post in IC while I work on the sheet this weekend. Should just be a level-up and some new spells.

If it's not a problem with anyone, I'd like for Zephiron to learn Multiple Image, Lightblade, Fire Bolt, Escape, and Heal Wounds from Terra and Telekinesis, Magic Net, Distant Voice, Wisps of Confusion, and Magical-Adrenal Rush from Snowfall.

Other than that, I'd like him to learn Locate, Sleep, and Commune With Spirits as part of his level up and pick up the Art and Excavation Skills as his two secondary skills for level 8. I'd thought about taking pre-rift and post-apocalyptic histories, but I was too indecisive about which specializations to take.

In the Skill Compendium, there is a WP Rune Weapons skill that you might want to look at. It provides a +2 to Strike and a +3 to Parry with any rune weapon or shield you possess. Might be useful to you.

Other than that, the spell swapping is fine. Don't forget to check to see if you get any new psionic powers at level up, too.

Oh, sure. You spot him coming in as you are waiting for Morrolan to show up.

Before I forget to mention, I'll graciously accept the offered Talisman and Staff, as well as the skill suggestion of WP Rift Weapons. I just hope I'm not taking anything important away from the others.

I think at this point I'm just digging through the books to update any missing information and fill out the new spells into his spellbook. Aside from that, I should be good to go.

Sounds good. The staff counts as a rune weapon, so when used in melee combat, the bonuses from the WP will apply to it. Go ahead and add it and the Talisman to your sheet. The Power Staff is in the Atlantis book if you need to refer to it for any reason.

Psychie Psychie Don't forget to remove the one armor Talisman from your sheet.

Ok, as I said before, you can select one piece of god-forged gear from the wall. Here are some details for you to think about.

The shields are all indestructible and can be used to try and parry rail guns or energy blasts at a -8 to the roll but it is a standard roll for melee attacks. Any of these attacks do no damage to you, unless it is an AoE attack, then you will still take some damage from it (half damage).

Armor suits have a total of 400 MDC to each of them, and the suits all self-repair themselves at a rate of 4d6 MD per hour. It is all lightweight but it is not environmental armor that is totally sealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back