• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I like that one because it can dazzle your opponents for up to four melee rounds and give them a -10 to strike, parry and dodge.

Those are some nasty minuses. Just remember that it doesn't work against cyber eyes or other beings that are naturally blind.

A question about Impervious to Energy spell. The Book of Magic says it can be used on others via ritual? How does that work when casting it off of an item?

Good question. In this case, I will rule that it only affects the wielder/wearer of the item.

EDIT to clarify, no ritual casting of these spells.

Hmm. One of the reasons I chose it was because it could help others; I may have to rethink that one. Thanks for the quick decision! =)

What about other spells like Armor of Ithan? It can be cast on others without a ritual. Can that be used on others or no?

The ruling only applies to the ritual casting. You can still gift Armor of Ithan to someone else by touch as a standard action.

I'll stick with Impervious to Energy. Who knows how often it will come in useful?

I'll try to catch up today - somehow, there was always another thing to consider whenever I meant to post.

I'll try to catch up today - somehow, there was always another thing to consider whenever I meant to post.
No worries, Sil! I'm having similar issues in Broadsword at the moment. =)

Just noticed that things are actually much easier than I thought - being at 90.000 xp means that I'm exactly one xp short of getting to ninth level, so there's no level-up to do.

How many xp did we get since we began our rest here? Just asking because of the HEMA - should be 15.000, right?

Just noticed that things are actually much easier than I thought - being at 90.000 xp means that I'm exactly one xp short of getting to ninth level, so there's no level-up to do.
Sherwood Sherwood From the way Sherwood wrote it, I believe it was his intent for each of us to level up. (Also, I remember being one xp shy and him blowing it off and allowing me to level in another game.) Of course, only he knows for certain, but I'd be surprised if he felt otherwise.

How many xp did we get since we began our rest here? Just asking because of the HEMA - should be 15.000, right?
Ah, if Sherwood is doing this the way I do, then one takes the xp total of the level the PC was when they chose the Hand to Hand Skill. So, whatever the difference is between 9th level and 8th? (It's late and I might not have the level Eron chose Hand to Hand: HEMA right.)

Yes you can add that one xp to Eron so you can hit level up to nine also.

Are we picking like, generic armor, shield, or weapon or is there a specific list or set of lists I should be looking through?

Thematically, I think it'd be rare for Zephiron to fight a suit of armor that could accommodate both dragonic and humanoid shapes. If one was available, it'd be hard to pass up since I'm not sure how easy or difficult it'd be to reproduce as say a TW device or other enchanted artifact, whereas a shield that could be used between forms might be easier to manage for those of us that aren't Hephaistus.

Are we picking like, generic armor, shield, or weapon or is there a specific list or set of lists I should be looking through?

Thematically, I think it'd be rare for Zephiron to fight a suit of armor that could accommodate both dragonic and humanoid shapes. If one was available, it'd be hard to pass up since I'm not sure how easy or difficult it'd be to reproduce as say a TW device or other enchanted artifact, whereas a shield that could be used between forms might be easier to manage for those of us that aren't Hephaistus.
It is a rune shield with the following properties.
The shields are all indestructible and can be used to try and parry rail guns or energy blasts at a -8 to the roll but it is a standard roll for melee attacks. Any of these attacks do no damage to you, unless it is an AoE attack, then you will still take some damage from it (half damage).
You can pick either power set:
Cast magic (Defensive spells only; after all, this is armor or shield we are talking about). Such rune armor will be able to cast four spells per day. The weapon will know only four spells, but may cast them in any combination. Spell selection is limited to levels 1-6 and are equal in power to a sixth level warlock. I will allow you to pick the spell you wish to have your equipment piece be able to cast from that list.

Or:

Healing abilities. Heal wounds: 2D6 hit points and 2D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D.C. if a mega-damage creature. Healing can be performed six times per 24 hour period. Plus remove curse: a 56% chance of success, four times daily. Turn 4D6 dead: a 55% chance of success, four times daily, duration is four hours. Animate & command 2D6 dead: a 64% chance of success, four times daily, duration is four hours.

I personally went with the shield, and took the following spells:

Blinding Flash
Impervious to Energy
Targeted Deflection
Armor of Ithan

I think that something similar for Zephiron would be a great fit, being a small shield in your dragon form that you can use like a buckler, and have your other hand free for your melee weapon.

I think that something similar for Zephiron would be a great fit, being a small shield in your dragon form that you can use like a buckler, and have your other hand free for your melee weapon.

Good thoughts here except Zeph is a halberd user. Polearms (at least in human form) require two hands (one can't really use even buckler to get any benefit from it).

I would say that with his immense strength and size in his dragon form, the halberd wouldn't be a problem to use one handed, leaving him free to use a shield still.

I also want to make sure that he can benefit from the armor or shield bonus.

Hmmm, I still think Halberd and shield would be a bit clumsy, Elden Ring rules be damned, especially for how Zephiron would want to fight. Otherwise, there's not much point to the weapon being a halberd as opposed to any naturally one-handed weapon.

Would the armor be capable of accommodating shapeshifting or no? I could understand sacrificing spell slots for that given how it could potentially be used.

Hmmm, I still think Halberd and shield would be a bit clumsy, Elden Ring rules be damned, especially for how Zephiron would want to fight. Otherwise, there's not much point to the weapon being a halberd as opposed to any naturally one-handed weapon.

Would the armor be capable of accommodating shapeshifting or no? I could understand sacrificing a spell slots for that given how it could potentially be used.
I can see the armor with a charm on it to shapeshift with you instead of a set of spells. Yes, I will allow it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back