• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
cyber-Sniper

• Name: Code Name: Artemis (real name is highly secret)
    RCC: Cyborg human. full conversion
    OCC: Special Forces

LvL: 4
    EXP: 8,880

Credits: 37,800

Stats
    IQ: 20
    MA: 18
    ME: 21
    PS: 28
    PP: 25
    PE: ∞
    PB: 14
    PPE: none
    ISP: none
    Spd: 120

Stat bonuses:
    +13 to melee damage
    +3 to perception
    50% trust/intimidate
    +3 to save vs psionic attack
    +4 to save vs Insanity
    +5 to Strike, Parry and Dodge

OCC bonus's:
    + 2 on initiative,
    + 2 to roll with impact or fall,
    + 2 to pull punch.

HTH Bonuses:
    kick attack 1D8 damage,
    +3 to pull punch
    +2 to roll with punch, fall or impact.
    +3 to parry and dodge
    +2 to strike
    +2 to disarm
    can perform a Karate Punch.

W.P. bonuses:
    +4 to shot / called shot
    +2 to strike

(total passive strike bonus= +16)

That is a pretty nasty character with that combination of skills and the hyper velocity sniper rifle.

yeah but the give away i the ultra violet light from the passive nightvision in his multiscopic eyes, since one of my players can see all wavelengths of light i was going to have the ultraviolet from his eyes be a give away and the start to a hopefully chalengeing encounter, but im not sure how challenging it will be since one of my pcs is a "fat boy" pilot and another is a master pyonic that can fly.

but he can let off a max of 750 md in one shot over a distance of 7800 feet so hopefully the entounter lasts a bit longer than 3 rounds while they try to locate and gain on him

I know that in real life a skilled sniper that has his position well prepped is damn near invisible. If this guy gets good use out of his concealment skills, it will give him plenty of time to get shots off and do some major damage to the party. it could even be nastier as a single shot and then vanish encounter. Make them paranoid for further attacks later on.

and with the combat sniper unless he switches to his pistols he needs a minumum of 4 rounds to reload and aim or else he gets negatives.

oohh thats a good idea i think ill use that

he has the infiltrator armor which gives him camo anyway so thats a bonus ontop of any and all prepwork, plus it hides his thermal and other signals. he also has the arial observation and survey drone that esantialy acts as a satalite for him and lets him veiw the battle field in real time, and i have no doubt he could shoot through a wooden wall to get his target.

If you want a great resource for Real Life Vietnam era sniping, you can't go wrong with Carlos Hathcock's Marine Sniper. If the Middle East is your thing, I would check out American Sniper by the late Chris Kyle. Both are damned good books.

and i am so glad to "mad dog" for makeing his giant skill list other wise i would never have been able to get half of them i bet lol

since one of my characters owns a "fat boy" glitter boy i thinking of useing the sniper as qubec's way of nuetralizing a potential leak of classified information, since the fat boy is a top secret weapon and that character just walked away one day with the help of a spacial mage. so my train of thought was they sent him to retrieve or at least destroy the glitter boy before the knowledge of production leaks to other contries.

Woo! Another Glitterboy! We'd be unstoppable!

And maybe that one would actually hit what it's aiming at, for a change.

Very accurate. Got me a respectable +19 to hit with the classic boom gun.

But the dice betray me.

Also, that's some hefty firepower! What's the catch?

the nuclear power core that is usualy lasts about 100-200 years in other hlitter boys only lasts 20 years. that and its a top secret weapon developed by the NGR and shared with free quebec

Well worth it in my eyes. Daisy would be pretty pleased to meet another Glitter Boy enthusiast. Mostly because she would want a bigger boomer like that.

lol, if i had more time on my hands and i wasnt so lazy id ask sherwood if i could jump back in but i dont want to cuase any problems and im to lazy, thats mainly why i just check in every now and then and say hi, see who is still going and who the new people are.

They don't. Daisy had been a broken record trying to remind them, and has given up at this point.

Though they have gotten a bit better about it.
Hey, Dann took care of that for us, right? Just took us three or four encounters...

Hey, Dann took care of that for us, right? Just took us three or four encounters...

Yes, I did. Sometime ago, Snowfall crafted hearing protection for everyone and often wears his magic helmet (as that appears to do the trick for his sensitive ears).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back