• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hey Sherwood Sherwood , before I'm acting: I'm pretty sure that I'm at three actions used, not two. Dodged twice, and stabbed the bad guy once.

Does Eron possess Automatic Dodge (and forgive me, but I think I asked this months ago and have forgotten the answer)?

He does not - it's one of the few things where the TW Crazy falls behind, compared to the usual version. I mean, I instead can just take damage and heal up later, so there's no need to complain, really.

Random question: Is there a way to get automatic dodge?

Finally, a round slams into the pulsing mass of flesh that is the Vampire Intelligence, ripping a hole into the twisted thing. It is far from in trouble, though.

Sherwood Sherwood

Hey Bud. Daisy was trying to interrupt the Vampire intelligence's casting if I read it right. Did she succeed or is the thing still casting? From your reply, I can't tell.

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood

Hey Bud. Daisy was trying to interrupt the Vampire intelligence's casting if I read it right. Did she succeed or is the thing still casting? From your reply, I can't tell.
Forgot to add that part to the post. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll add that to the IC thread.

Thank you, Sherwood! =) * Goes to see what took place* =)

It is not very hard to disrupt a spell that is being cast.

Yeah, but how many times have you seen it done with a Boom Gun? Me? My first time! Wooo! =)

It is a good thing that the spell was disrupted. It was a Anti-Magic Cloud, which would shut down a lot of your defenses and Terra's Automations.

Good tactics on the Vampire Intelligence's part! This is the first one of these I've ever fought (I never read Vampire Kingdoms), so I don't know what to expect. In fact, my Character probably knows more about what to expect than I do. =)

Damn right! I'm going to try a new card in Snowfall's deck when it's his action next. Hope it works! =)

Speaking of good tactics, whats the rules again on a called shot? Doesn't it use 2 actions and give a penalty to hit?

D. Rex, unless Sherwood has changed something recently, the answer is yes.

However, I want to point out that Called Shots are usually meant to disable or debuff a bad guy by way of robbing them of their special abilities (sensors, senses, etc.), whereas attacks to the Main Body are meant to kill the enemy in the shortest reasonable time possible. =)

D. Rex, unless Sherwood has changed something recently, the answer is yes.

However, I want to point out that Called Shots are usually meant to disable or debuff a bad guy by way of robbing them of their special abilities (sensors, senses, etc.), whereas attacks to the Main Body are meant to kill the enemy in the shortest reasonable time possible. =)

Is the penalty like -4?

The reason I ask is, that with my anti vampire rounds:

"A flechette from the round will penetrate the heart of a vampire on a 18 through 20 on a normal shot and on a 15 through 20 for a called shot."

A good roll could do extreme damage, if not killing it im that one shot.

And another question in the same direction: When I'm using the attack/parry combination, is a called shot for the attack possible? When I have automatic parry, does parry/attack consume two actions, or one?

D., Called Shot penalties differ and are usually size-dependent (i.e. human arm -2, human hand -5, human eye -8 give or take 1). I would think that the Called Shot information that you're referring to is based on human style vampires and probably would not apply to something completely different body like a Vampire Intelligence.

Sil, in Ninjas & Superspies, where I first discovered Combination Parry/Attack, this defense and counterattack required two die rolls (one Parry, one Strike) and one Action. It is not to be confused with its bigger sister, Power Block, which simply does a small amount of damage if the (single) Parry roll is successful. I don't see any reason why a Called Shot would be allowed given that it costs two Actions.

As always, my disclaimer: I mean only to act as a guide. I'm not running this game and Sherwood has the final word. =)

Is the penalty like -4?

The reason I ask is, that with my anti vampire rounds:

"A flechette from the round will penetrate the heart of a vampire on a 18 through 20 on a normal shot and on a 15 through 20 for a called shot."

A good roll could do extreme damage, if not killing it im that one shot.
If you were facing off against a 'normal' vampire, that would be possible. However, the Vampire Intelligence lacks the same anatomy that a humanoid has, and will require you to just kick the living crap out of it until such time as it is destroyed.

To make a Called Shot, it does use up two of your actions/attacks, and the penalty of the roll depends on the size of the target you are aiming at.
And another question in the same direction: When I'm using the attack/parry combination, is a called shot for the attack possible? When I have automatic parry, does parry/attack consume two actions, or one?
Dannigan has the mechanics correct for the parry/attack maneuver, and yes, you can try a Called Shot to hit a particular location. Just like was said to D. Rex, however, it will take two actions instead of just one to make it work.
As always, my disclaimer: I mean only to act as a guide. I'm not running this game and Sherwood has the final word. =)
Thank you for jumping in and giving the info out. It makes my life much easier to have a good helper explaining the crunchy rule stuff!

I have the knowledge; it seems like a shame not to share it. =)

Sorry for the delay, I'll get to it in a bit. Couldn't decide what I wanted to do at first, and then real life wanted to have a say as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back