• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Not more than a regular laser would. The computer is designed to be able to bypass laser resistant armor, not beings that are energy resistant.

Yep. This game has been rollin' along for a long time now. Makes me happy to see it.

Sherwood Sherwood Can I make a roll to see what I'd know about both Maggots and the Intelligence? I mean, neither of them are the real problem here, but it never hurts to know more stuff, right?

Alrighty, that'd be an impressive 55%, then - 60% if one of them shows up immediately so I can touch it.

Edit: That's a miss.

You have not heard of either the Maggots or the Vampire Intelligence. But you suspect that if these good guys are after them, and they have to do something with vampires, your magic sword will do a number on them.

My pardon if all this talk of planning is boring to some players - I just think that we're in for a world of hurt if we just go charging in there is all. =)

No worries, I like not having the whole party killed.
Sherwood Sherwood Looking at those vods, is there any hint where Salnesh might be? I'd assume not, but that alone would help - after all, Snowfall should have seen quite a lot of the upper part of the pyramid. I'm disregarding the lone vampire here, looking for a demon after all.

My pardon if all this talk of planning is boring to some players - I just think that we're in for a world of hurt if we just go charging in there is all. =)
I understand. I would like to try and avoid a TPK, but it is entirely possible given the nature of the threat you are going up against.

No worries, I like not having the whole party killed.
Sherwood Sherwood Looking at those vods, is there any hint where Salnesh might be? I'd assume not, but that alone would help - after all, Snowfall should have seen quite a lot of the upper part of the pyramid. I'm disregarding the lone vampire here, looking for a demon after all.
The most likely place is below the pyramid in the caverns with the Maggots and the Vampire Intelligence.

Bloody coward, hiding in there... assuming he's actually there... takes away some urgency to strike somewhere else at the same time from Eron's perspective, so that's good.

Not feeling well today, hope I'll be able to get a decent post up tomorrow or something - I'll see.

Silanon Silanon Take care of yourself, Sil!

"Sci-Fi Short Film “R'ha" | DUST" - Here's a cool six-minute video to help you pass the time? =)

Sherwood Sherwood With what Snowfall knows of Western vampires, would there be anything stopping those hundreds of vampire corpses from becoming active once those ropes were pulled? Would they wait until nightfall even though they're in an enclosed pyramid or immediately rise?

Vampires are such a popular monster that different authors do different things. Some say they can't face sunlight, others can. And so forth.

Also, what does Snowfall know about the strengths and weaknesses of the Brodkil?

It is my understanding that pyramids like these are coveted and considered sacred by their makers, be they Aztecs or Atlanteans. Put another way, I thought the pyramid was the ancestral home of Jorge's tribe?

Jorge takes a bite of the food and chews as he listens to Terra, nodding slowly. "I understand. We can give you much knowledge of the vampires, after all, the pyramid that they have was once ours many generations ago. Our shaman knows all the secrets of the pyramid from his teachings from his predecessor. Of course that does not tell us what the bloodsuckers have done inside the pyramid in the intervening years; they will most likely have many traps to confound intruders."

He pauses, the says, "We were once powerful warriors, but the vampires have wiped out many of us, taking the cream of our warriors away from us. But the few of us that remain will rise up to fight the fiends to reclaim our ancestral home. Of those you see here, perhaps fifty are of age and health to take this fight on.

If I've come upon the wrong impression, please let me know! I am open to correction! =)

Sherwood Sherwood With what Snowfall knows of Western vampires, would there be anything stopping those hundreds of vampire corpses from becoming active once those ropes were pulled? Would they wait until nightfall even though they're in an enclosed pyramid or immediately rise?

Vampires are such a popular monster that different authors do different things. Some say they can't face sunlight, others can. And so forth.

Also, what does Snowfall know about the strengths and weaknesses of the Brodkil?
Snowfall would know that the Rifts vampires are completely inert during the day, even indoors. So long as the sun is up, they are just a pile of bones waiting for nightfall. At dusk, then you are in trouble as all those unstaked vamps suddenly come alive again and will be mad with hunger, attacking anything in sight that they can feed on or is dumb enough to get in their way.

The Brodkil are generally lazy and will not learn magic, and lack any psionic talent and do not bio-regenerate. This makes them big fans of cybernteics, and will frequently be seen with bionic limbs or other implants, but never up to a Full Conversion Borg. They do still count as supernatural evil, so any weapons that will affect that will certainly do a number on them, even if they are capable of going out in the sunlight.

It is my understanding that pyramids like these are coveted and considered sacred by their makers, be they Aztecs or Atlanteans. Put another way, I thought the pyramid was the ancestral home of Jorge's tribe?
You are correct. Jorge considers it to be his ancestral duty to protect the pyramid, and if you make any move to destroy it, not only will you cause disruption on the ley lines there, you will also garner the wrath of the were-jaguars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back