• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hi there, it's been a while - still remember the name, though, don't ya worry =)

Glad to see you're still around, I hope you're doing well yourself!

Went quite well, actually - we found the group of five we were looking for, burned down an enemy harbor base to hijack a ship and got the hell out of there. Managed to run into an invasive alien threat right after that meant to take over the world, so we've been damn busy since then - now vampires are next on the menu...

Everyone still alive, though we had a few roster changes - got a young dragon, a Glitterboy-piloting psihound and a fox spirit with us, now. We certainly kept that diversity-theme alive over the months, I'd say.

Sherwood Sherwood Short question: In my second last IC-post, I mentioned that I'd like to search the database for any knowledge about the area we're in. Was that search unsuccessful, or did the alert system betray you and make you miss that post?

In general, I've got a bit of a problem here - given her expertise, Shaona was pretty much supposed to stay in the fortress, I feel, but if there's nothing to be explored in the database, there's very little that can be accomplished right there, for now. Rykon Rykon is still there as well if I'm not mistaken, so maybe there's a good opportunity for a conversation - but other than that, I'm very much in a hole where I'm not quite sure what I should actually post. Like, I can probably get in contact with the others, but there's nothing I could contribute to the discussion at this point. Just sharing a few thoughts here, because I felt like posting but couldn't quite come up with something.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what to do with Zephiron at the moment either. Leaving to scout doesn't sound like a wise move. Especially since he is wholly unfamiliar with skills like Detect Ambush or Detect Concealment.

Well, if Shaona is finished up in the Walking Fortress, perhaps Zephiron could offer her a ride on his back and they could do some scouting of their own with two heads instead of one (or better yet, joining up with our group)? Skills aside, both Shaona and Zephiron are magically-capable creatures and they could experience for themselves what our characters are feeling. Just a thought.

As far as I understand, they'd feel it when they get outside, right? Problem from my perspective is that I don't really see the reason to go exploring. Shaona is the one person who can pilot this thing. Zeph is probably the best fighter on board, and might thus be better off keeping the place safe until the scouts return. Doesn't really sound like 'let's run off and take a look around' to me, personally. I see the benefits from the story's perspective, of course - just not the reason why it should actually happen. I mean, we've got three great scouts out there already, there's no real reason for two more to join them and leave the fortress itself exposed. From my perspective, there could be something lurking right around the next corner - so I don't think it'd be wise to let Shaona walk off without a good reason.

Instead, I thought it'd be a good idea to attempt to take advantage of another source of information, other than 'let's go outside' - that's why I'm in this position right now. Feel that's the right path character-wise as well. Just leaves me in the fortress until there's an actual reason to leave it, and that's quite limiting at the moment. Like, from my perspective, the one logical choice is to stay there and search the databases until something happens - I'm fine with that character-wise, it's just not very interactive. Maybe we can come up with a great discussion between Shaona and Zeph to fill the time, I'd be up for that - but it's still basically just passing time while we wait for something to disturb the peace. Maybe it's just me thinking that Shaona is simply right where she's supposed to be right now, and I'm disregarding other options too quickly - that's a possibility as well...

I was recommending Shaona do both (database and scouting).

The main reason I'm recommending the scouting is perspective. Not player perspective, but character. I feel a Techno-Wizard with psionic powers will see things differently than a Dog Boy, Mage Controller, or Kitsune/Dimensional Voyager. Same goes for a newborn dragon. A single perspective can alter the actions of an entire group. The amount of data we bring together is directly in proportion to the amount of data-collectors we send out. In addition, teams doing things together as a team tend to be closer together in terms of thinking and spirit. Perhaps that's a bit deep for this conversation, but (after putting in some sweat in Real Life, I suppose I'm in a "deep" mood). =)

I have a self-serving reason as well - I like your posts (Rykon's and Silanon's)! Plus, I've gotten the feeling that Rykon is open to the idea of someone riding on Zephiron's back and tell me - just how many games out there where you can do that?! To ride on a dragon's back?! =) If Shaona doesn't want the seat, Snowfall will gladly take it (if offered again)! =)

Sherwood Sherwood What's your take on the database and all this, please?

One of the reasons I went with a technowizard all the way back was to have a different perspective on things than others - so I certainly agree that both Shaona and Zeph have their own thoughts on things, likely. I also agree on the team aspect. Problem for me is that the question out there right now is pretty one-dimensional: Is there an immediate threat near us, and is there something of note in the near surrounding? Both of these have very decisive answers, I feel, and thus it's not necessarily required to send out more people with different mindsets. Once there's something found, then there's more of a reason to go out there - not sure if the looming threat categorizes as that, since there's really not much anyone of us can actually say about it for now, I believe, since it's too distant. So my first reaction would be - is there something in the database that gives away more than what we can perceive from here? Which again means that I'm right where I should be with Shaona, just not interactive at all - which is the problem. See, the problem is not that I don't want to group with y'all, it's that I don't have an IC-reason that I consider valid enough to not take advantage of the one big ressource we brought with us. That's why I mentioned that perceived problem in the first place. From my perspective, there's two obvious ways to reunite the group, and that's either the scouts' return or a reason to leave the fortress, be it that the database doesn't give any information whatsoever, or a hint that demands investigation. Either way, neither of those paths are in my own hands at the moment, I believe, which means that I'm stuck right now without a way to advance the scene, really. As I said, there's room for a conversation with Zeph, though I'm lacking the right idea for the iniation for now - there's just not a way to say 'hey Zeph, this is what needs to be done right now, you coming?'

Edit: Meant to say that in the beginning, but screwed it up - thanks for the input, Dann!

Heh! My pleasure, Sil. Well, we'll see what Sherwood has to say on the matter and go from there. I appreciate your sharing your thoughts; now I see exactly where you are coming from. =)

I've been a bit busy, but I will have a proper response for you in a bit.

Thanks, Sherwood Sherwood ! I'll see if I can get a post up tomorrow, had a long day and way too little sleep last night, mind's just not working properly right now.

Sherwood Sherwood Two questions: What can Shaona say about the swimming capabilities of the fortress? And do we still have a hole in the outer wall of it? I recall Terra cutting her way through to get access, and I don't recall anyone taking care of that - just wanna make sure I didn't miss something.

There is a hole cut in the side of the fortress still, but there is a inner door of the room that she gained access to that can be shut. It will not have the same level of integrity that the rest of the hull has. Shaona knows that there are many pieces of spare parts that can be used to patch the hole, granting an increased level of protection from the depths of the ocean.

Other than that, the fortress does not swim, but can (assuming full integrity of the hull) handle depths of over a mile underwater, and can walk along the bottom of the ocean over many obstacles thanks to the sheer size of the legs.

Yes. It is this walking underneath the water (not floating) that Snowfall has in mind. =)

How about we patch that hole while we're at it? =)

Yes. It is this walking underneath the water (not floating) that Snowfall has in mind. =)
The floating thing was merely an excuse to direct the conversation while adhering to Zephiron's limited perspective as a hatchling in character.

I wouldn't have put it past a metal vessel to be buoyant though.

On the note of travel, rifts and leylines... So can any spellcaster (or evidently psi) redirect a rift or are only leyline walker's capable of directing a rift for traveling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back