• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
OOC Sherwood, do we have any contact codes or radio frequencies to be able to get in touch with Braz or Olsen? Especially with Terra's experience in the Dweomer military?

Good line of thinking, Psychie!

Friends? I think this is a good time to talk about our loot. It seems some players we had are no longer with us, but if they're not playing, I for one would rather them not take any loot with them and out of our game. We earned that.

Here's the list I've got. Am I missing anything? Could we go through this list and, with the party we have, divvy up these spoils?

Loot List
Serpent-Style Kittani Power Armor (added thanks to Psychie).
Two rail guns from the power armor units Grad and Smoochie tangled with at the naval base (meant for Blake before Draco ghosted).
The magical Power staff on the Splugorth Slaver (with Junior, I believe?).
The magical talismans on the Blind Warrior Women (6 total, again Shaona, Terra, and Grad could return those they borrowed and keep these instead).
The three K-4 Laser Rifles on the Blind Warrior Women (found on pg 137 of World Book 2: Atlantis).
9 E-Clips (came with the rifles, but they could go to anyone in our group that needed them).

K-4 Laser
Pulse Rifle
A knock-off of the latest design from Wilk's Laser Industries. Inc.
The K-4 is a rapid-fire pulse rifle that has the trademark features of all
of Wilk's high quality weapons; sleek, light-weight, black plastic and
ceramic construction, long distance firing range, and reliability in the
field.
Weight: 4 Ibs (1.8 kg)
Mega-Damage: 3D6 + 6 M.D. per single shot, or 1D6X10 + 6 per
multiple pulse burst (three simultaneous shots).
Rate of Fire: Standard, see Modern Weapon Proficiency Section.
Effective Range: 3000 feet (910 m)
Payload: 30 shots long E-Clip.
Bonus to Strike: + 1 to strike on an aimed shot.
Market Price: 75,000 credits.

Oh, I completely forgot about it! And after all we did to get it! Thanks! I'll edit the list.

If you want, I can add some of the Black Market prices to them, just in case you wish to sell them.

Yes, please. Obviously, some of this stuff we'll want to keep, but for the rest, lets see what its worth.

The K-4s have a Black Market value of 75,000 credits each. It's that power armor I'm really wondering about. I can imagine the kinds of nice items we might get the group if that bad boy was sold to the right hands. Who knows? Maybe Brazzy doesn't have one and might be interested in purchasing ours?

Call me silly, but I'm really happy Cpt. Raimus got another ship. I felt bad when the River Walker was lost. =)

Starting off, the Serpent armor has never been sold on the open market. But Triax or the Coalition could probably be persuaded to pay in the 50 to 100 million credit range to get their hands on it.

The Power Staff is also a very rare item, goes for anywhere in the range of 10 to 60 million credits.

Each of the Talismans you got from the Blind Warrior Women have a market price of 10 million credits each. You may remember that Brazamal only charged you 5 million of your pay to take these.

Those are the big ticket items on this list of yours.

I would be hesitant to try and sell the Serpent armor to the Coalition. They are so gung-ho with killing DBees, I don't want to give them any more toys to play with that they don't already have. Northern Gun or Triax would be my vote if we were to sell it.

The Power Staff might be a good item to trade/sell to Brazamal.

At the moment, those of us that took talismans from Brazzy are getting 15 million credits before anything else we sell off. Out of character, I'd like to see one of the talismans go to our Cyber Knight buddy. Keeping Sir Dru alive and well sounds like a good thing for us to do. We would just need to have some IC reason to sell/give him one.

I will say that the Power Staff would be a item of high interest to Brazamal. The Serpent armor, not so much. But Psy has it right that Northern Gun or Triax would both love to get their mitts on it. The city of Dweomer just is not as interested in the high tech as they are in high sorcery.

Wow. Re: Serpent armor. I either did not know that or I forgot it. Either way, that's huge. =) I in no way want to sell it to the Coalition. Doing business with evil is against what my Undead Slayer believes anyway. I would prefer selling it to Brazamal; he is trustworthy and likely would do something good with it. Besides, I get the feeling a dragon of his stature has the credits and he has dealt generously with us before.

As for the Power Staff, what all does it do? Do we want to sell it or keep it? We seem to have a lack of "wizardly" items and I'd like to keep such things around given that both Terra and Shaona are primarily spellcasters.

I recommend one of the K-4s (and at least 3 E-clips) go to Shaona (because having firepower when you need it is good!). I think Gradicus would like one too.

Re: Blind Warrior Woman talismans. While I don't believe Sir Dru is going to have any trouble keeping himself alive (holding off two Splugorth Slavers?), I would like him to have one because Vaneheart is playing him. But, as I've said before, I think that makes for poor roleplaying. I'm with you, Psychie, in that I'd like him to have one for the sake of having one.

But what all does the Power Staff do? Might Shaona make good use of it? Why is it worth so much?

Here is what the Staff of Power can do. It is a formidable weapon.

Weight: 25 Ibs (11 kg)
Mega-Damage: As a blunt weapon, damage is 5D6 M.D. plus the character's P.S. damage. Also see magic powers.
Magic Powers: All spells and blasts are equal to a fifth level spell.
1. Heal Wounds (10 P.P.E.), same as the spell.
2. Words of Truth (15 P.P.E.), same as the spell.
3. Sleep (10 P.P.E.), same as the spell.
4. Shadow Meld (10 P.P.E.), same as the spell.
5. Call Lightning (15 P.P.E.), same as the spell.
6. Energy Disruption (12 P.P.E.), same as the spell.
7. Mystic Portal (60 P.P.E.), same as the spell.
8. Negate Magic (30 P.P.E.), same as the spell.
9. Anti-Magic Cloud (140 P.P.E.), same as the spell.
Rate of Fire: Two different types of magic can be activated per melee,
all effects are cumulative.
Effective Range: Varies with the particular spell, generally 10 ft (3 m)
to 300 feet (91m).
Magic Saving Throw: Spell strength is equal to a 5th level wizard. To
save, a character must roll a 13 or higher.
Payload: 160 P.P.E. and regenerates 20 points per hour. The staff can
be instantly and completely recharged at a ley line nexus or stone
pyramid.

I would be willing to pass on it with the hopes that I can get either a third Earth Thunderer Automation or, hopefully, a Battlelord one. If we are going to be romping about against the Coalition (which is what I think that we are about to do), the Battlelord is what Terra would really want.

The Battlelord Automation is a possibility for your character as a Battle Controller.

I'd like to see what Silly Sil has to say, especially about the Power Staff. I, for one, would rather see what good it could do us unless neither Terra nor Shaona want it. Do we have anything specific we're saving up for? Also are we dividing up our spoils and rewards among characters who aren't playing anymore?

Besides, once we complete this mission, we'll have a lot on our plate to decide. For one thing, I imagine our group will part ways with Trent, probably Eric (he came along with Trent after all. Why would he stay with us?), and whatever other NPCs aren't in our group. From then on, it just might be Shaona, Terra, Sir Dru, and Grad. Time will tell, of course, but that's something I think we should be prepared for. We'll need transportation (preferably hover over wheeled, I think), a new mission (maybe another for Brazzy; I for one like the idea of taking on supernatural evil; it's what my character is designed for), and by that time, maybe even an adventuring name for our group/team. Just thinking out loud though.

I know there has been talk of going up against the Coalition and I've got mixed feelings about it. What do you all of you think?

Silanon Silanon ? Vaneheart Vaneheart ? What are your thoughts on all of this?

Sherwood Sherwood Huh? Thanks for the Love, bud, but what'd I do to deserve it (besides speak my mind)?

I like the way you speak so clearly and concisely. It also makes me happy to see you trying to make sure you guys include Vaneheart and Silanon in your discussions.

Ah! Thanks, Sherwood! And hey, you know me - I'm not happy in a gaming group unless everyone's happy. In order for me to feel that way, I just have to include everyone.

As for writing clearly and concisely, that's been something I've been practicing for most of my adult life. Over the years, I've been very glad to see all that practice paying off. =)

"Beware! Beware! A Swarm is coming! One of great hatred and evil! A devourer of worlds that travels through space has planted its seed here! The Swarm must be stopped before it is too late for all life on this world! It is coming! And we are approaching the heart of the Swarm here on Earth! It must be stopped!"

A cranky old bearded man with a cane and a UEEF uniform comes storming onto Cpt. Raimus's bridge yelling, "Goddamn Invid! Why they gotta mess with every damn game on RP Nation already?! Swarmy sons'a'bitches..."

(Ha ha! My guess is its the Xiticix, but time will tell.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back