• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
For my part, I have always had a habit of playing good-aligned characters. It is easier for me to relate to that frame of mind. But I also understand that not every game calls for that. I have no objections to SexyStonerRoleplaygal SexyStonerRoleplaygal having a darker character, just so long as it is not evil just for the sake of being evil (i.e. Miscreant . . . aka the Joker or Khyron for the Robotech fans). There is plenty of good role-playing that can still be had between our characters, and I've had Terra open up to her and try to start the integration process by saying 'hi', and so has Silanon with Shaona.

Would I as a player prefer a good character to interact with? Probably. But can I deal with Malice? Yes, just so long as you keep in mind that if you do try some torture or the like in front of Terra, she will be rather offended by what she sees, and will try to stop it. But it is up to you and Sherwood to decide on the alignment issue. But please don't just drop out before you've had a chance to get started.

Ok, here is where I need to jump in. I can see the potential for trouble here, and I'm going to try and put a stop to it before it ruins anyone's fun, even our newest player. There are plenty of possible role play options ahead for a Abberant character, even in a good-aligned group. Its like having a thief in a party with a Paladin in DnD. So long as the thief understands that s/he has to keep their larceny under control around the Lawful Good character, it can work. Just keep in mind that the paladin will most likely disapprove of the sideline of the thief, and could spend much of his/her time trying to rehabilitate the rogue to a better path.

In this case, Malice can function in this group, just so long as you don't pull off some of the nastier stuff in front of the others. Keep in mind, though, if you do go off by yourself to some evil acts, the other characters are not dumb, and will eventually be able to put two and two together. It is up to SexyStonerRoleplaygal SexyStonerRoleplaygal , but moving the alignment up a notch into the selfish category might go a bit easier on integrating your character into the party.

Sherwood Sherwood Might you have a picture of the K-4 rifle? What book does it come out of, please? I just went looking through Game Masters Guide and I couldn't find it.

There is no picture for the rifle in the book. It is off of pg 137 of World Book 2: Atlantis.

I actually enjoy differing alignments in a party. Inner conflict and adversity in a group makes for some brilliant roleplaying and writing opportunities.

I will try to get Sir Dru done tonight. Working on him right now.

Vaneheart Vaneheart I hope to be able to introduce your character in the Slaver Raider, having been captured by a raiding party with the plans to have you fight in the gladiator pits, and the others discover you in your cell.

I posted Sir Dru. There aren't very many decent armored minotaur pictures floating around the internet. I have the outline of his backstory up, and have a bit more to add.

The character sheet is fully playable, but I might have missed a number here or there. I am going to go over it again with a fine-toothed comb later. I remember on Ozug I missed some obvious calcs for a while, and had to fix them later once I found them. :-P

Let me know if there are any questions, concerns, or any changes that need to be made.

While I'm glad your character is "on paper" as it were, I am also hoping we didn't lose Donna.

SexyStonerRoleplaygal SexyStonerRoleplaygal Please let me know one way or another if you intend on joining. Otherwise I will be forced to remove you from the Character's thread and say that your character was never there at all.

Please be assured that we are all still willing to have you join our game, but the silence is deafening.

Yeah it's ludicrously high. The highest strength character that I have ever done, I think. Hence the "The Strong" surname. :-)

Chose PS to be my max attribute, and I put the level 3 +1 in it.

Base PS: 4D6+6 + 1D4 (Cyber-Knight) +2 (Bodybuilding) +2 (Gymnastics) +2 (TnF) +2 (Physical Labor) +2 (Boxing) +1 (Athletics, General) +1 (Acrobatics) +2 (Wrestling) +3 (Kickboxing)
= 51 Added Max and +1 from level gains = 52.

He's the Hafþór Bjornsson of minotaurs.

Last edited:
After tagging her in posts several times, and sending a PM, SexyStonerRoleplaygal SexyStonerRoleplaygal has not responded to any of my attempts to reach out to her. I'm going to go ahead and say she has made her decision about this game. I wish her the best of luck in her future endeavors.

I'm with you on that, Psychie.

I think we did everything we could, on all terms except surrender. Not just this time but in the time before it.

Once again, it's turned out to be not the player, but the character who's the problem. Still, it's the player that leaves. And that makes no one happy.

All I know is that I don't want to go through this a third time. I feel we should be having fun together, not spending our time and energy on something that should already be decided.

Well, that sucks - guess one careless post was enough to reach a point of no return. Sorry, should've been more mindful - that post wasn't intended to cost us a player, but it certainly did.

Silanon Silanon Do not be so quick to condemn yourself or your well-intended post, friend. All of us posted on the subject. Not one of us said anything remotely like, "Screw you and your character. Get out!"

On the contrary, I stand beside my earlier statements - we did everything we could, Sil. If Donna did not respond well to our posts, I'm sure she at least did not miss the amount of heart we put into them.

Most people do not like conflict, and chances are, Donna found herself another game somewhere instead of having to argue in this one. RP , as far as I know, is the biggest role playing site of irs kind. Even if she didn't, her lack of response is probably just her way of silently saying, "I don't want to argue further about it. This is not the game for me. Thanks, but no thanks." I could be wrong, but that's just how I see it.

Sil, your post alone did not decide this. We all gave it our best shot. Reasonably speaking, what else could we have done?
And what else can we do now except go back and enjoy the game?

You're probably right, my friend - no point in pondering whether anything would've changed the outcome. The entire thing bothers me, though, likely more than it should. Oh well, I'll get over it; thanks for the response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back