• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Would you be interested in putting that thing to good use? Would allow you to jump into battle yourself :)
Think I could get there by using the skills I have open from the earlier level-up, but I'm fine with where I'm at combat-wise right now.

currently my character on his own without his machines isnt much of a fighter, but that is how he is, he doesnt like to fight if he can help it,

I can certainly see why you wouldn't want to pick it up - besides, your drones did some heavy lifting already as well. Without checking the rule book, I'm not entirely sure if I could cast from within a power armor - if yes, that thing looks so damn tempting...

Unfortunately, you cannot cast any magic while inside the armor, unless you spent a whole lot of time and money upgrading it to a TW powered suit.

Here is the descriptions for the relevant skills:

Robots and Power Armor. Piloting and basic operations without any combat training or bonuses. Characters with this skill are taught the fundamentals of maneuvering light and medium giant robots (like the Titan Reconnaissance Scout or NG-M56 Multi-Bot) and power armor suits (such as the Triax Terrain Hopper, Flying Titan and Samson). These are robot exoskeletons and vehicle type robots that require a pilot and/or crew to be inside to pilot them. The training focuses on piloting, not combat, thus, robot combat is a separate and distinct skill (see Robot Combat skills as follows). This skill enables the character to pilot
combat model armor and robots but not how to fight or operate weapon systems. Consequently, the character does not get ANY special bonuses or extra attacks when piloting the ' bot or power armor - he has only his own physical number of attacks per melee round and bonuses to rely upon. He can also use a weapon system if it is built-in, but with no special aptitude with it.
Penalties : In fact, the use of weapons and special combat features (targeting, radar, etc.) are so unfamiliar that they confuse the ordinary non-combat pilot, causing the following penalties whenever he tries to use weapons or fight with the robot: - 1 attack per melee round (yes, that is minus one; loses an action trying to figure out what's what and exactly how to use weapons and combat equipment), -2 to strike (with punches, blades, guns or missiles), and - 1 to parry and dodge. Note: Penalties do not apply if the character has the Weapon Systems skill.
Base Skill: 56% +3% per level of experience.
Power Armor is typically man-sized and often worn like body armor, although sometimes the pilot sits inside. In all cases, the power armor responds to the pilot ' s physical movements. Robot Vehicle is typically a giant construct with vaguely human or animal features such as legs, claws, etc., but may also be vehicular in appearance or combine the two.
Flyers: Many types of robots and power armor, including airborne types like the famous Coalition SAMAS, are suitable for use underwater, although flight/propulsion speed is reduced by 70-80%. Power armor without jet propulsion can travel underwater by swimming or walking along the bottom, but at -80% their normal land speed. Each specific description will indicate aquatic capabilities, if any.
Robot (and Power Armor) Combat: Basic. Basic combat training in robot vehicles and power armor gives the pilot a fair working knowledge of most robot vehicles and their most basic combat capabilities. The pilot will be able to operate the robot and use the various weapon systems and fighting capabilities, but not at maximum skill and efficiency. Bonuses and abilities imparted by "Basic" Robot Combat Training are detailed in the Combat section of this book. Note: Hand to Hand Bonuses from Power Armor Basic Training applies to ALL types of power armor, ground, aquatic and flyers. Use "basic" tables only.

Here are the bonuses from Basic Combat Training:
All bonuses are in addition to the pilot's own hand to hand combat
training and attribute bonuses. They do not apply to the pilot's physical
abilities outside the power armor.
Basic Com bat Bonuses: Applies to all types of power armor and
robot vehicles. See Elite for specific types.
+ 1 extra attack/action per melee round, plus those of the pilot.
+ 1 to strike in hand to hand combat.
+ 1 to parry in hand to hand combat.
+1 to dodge.
+ 1 to roll with impact.
Critical Strike is the same as the pilot's hand to hand skill.

Damn, that's unfortunate - at the moment, I'm lacking both time and money... really like the design of that thing... I suppose I could jump out of it whenever a spell is needed, but that certainly sounds less epic than a spell-casting steel snake. I'll give it some thought, though...

Forgot to mention: I'm not trying to snatch anyone's loot - just gotta consider the opportunities presented. If I happen to find a use for it, I'll also find a way to repay you for the financial loss. Forgot to mention Terra earlier as well - she's running into the same problem as I am, I'd assume.

DraconianWarrior DraconianWarrior "Welcome back" Draco! Yeah, sometimes the alerts bork out so I often check my games manually. =)

It's a shame folks can't use the serpent armor (because that would be wicked), but at least we won't be mistaken as enemies (Kittani) and we'll likely be able to sell it for some serious credits (to purchase things we can use). I feel lucky that we have it. =)

Oh! And we received 2,000 xp for its capture too! Wasn't expecting that! Gradicus is now 3rd level! 8D

Gradicus Leveling Goodies I Feel Like Sharing With You =)

I just like to put this out there so the Game Master knows, and plus it's one more nice little thing to celebrate with your fellow players. =)

1 .Per Sherwood, every 3 levels we can increase an Attribute by 1. I popped mine into I.Q. and now Gradicus has a +2% to all Skill bonuses and +1 to Perception (which he could use!)!
2. Rolling dice for the D6 M.D. per level (+11 from Undead Slayer). Total = 17! Hooray! I rolled maximum! =) EDIT: I think I goofed. Seems that the Tattooed Undead Slayer gets a static amount of M.D. every level. 10 M.D. + 11 more for every tattoo he or she has over 6 tattoos. So, 21 M.D. per level. Disregard the die roll (though it was still cool to roll max). =)
3. +1 to Initiative, +1 to Strike, +1 to Damage from 3rd level Zanji.
4. +16 to P.P.E.
5. New Tattoo! Energized Sense Evil - As the Sense Evil Psionic ability. Range is 25 feet/level. 10 P.P.E. for 10 minutes/level.

I think that's everything? Sherwood Sherwood I have forgotten (and I don't see this on your Character tab), but we get skills as our O.C.C./R.C.C.s dictate, not 1 every level, right?

Last edited:
I think that's everything? @Sherwood I have forgotten (and I don't see this on your Character tab), but we get skills as our O.C.C./R.C.C.s dictate, not 1 every level, right?
You are correct that you get skills only as your class or race dictate. Everything looks good to me.

Alrighty - a few rolls for the level-up. Is there anything that changes without being mentioned in the respective OCC section?

Edit: I'll add the new skills a bit later, gotta look through all of the options there.

Last edited:
Just make sure you check with your OCC to see if you get any new spells to pick out and at what levels they can be.

Meant to add some interaction into the latest post, Crocodile Crocodile - failed to fit it in, though. Thus, the slightly delayed first contact just now.

As for the spells - don't get any per level, unfortunately, gotta learn 'em along the way. Maybe we'll meet a demon so that I can sell my soul or something...
I added in the new skills - went for stuff that I felt like I should have picked up in the beginning, namely Lore: Magic and Basic Mechanics.

Sounds good. Don't forget that you'll have the chance to swap spells with Terra as you travel, and you can then start teaching the dragon some magic, too. I'll post IC later on today.

ok so ive been looking into the ninjas and superspies book and im interested in the martial art form known as "one life, one shot, one hit, one kill" unfortunatly i do not currently know how i would go about aquireing this martial art form, or any form for the matter.back when we were first creating our characters i noticed people useing information from the ninjas and superspies books and i was wondering if you guys might be able to help me.

Your level of HtH combat training does not include the ability to learn the special Katas and stuff like that from N&SS. Also, in this particular game I'm not using them; in the top of the Character's tab there are guidelines for what to do with one of the advanced MA styles when one of those comes up with that as an available bonus.

Sorry i guess i should clariffy, im not building this character for this game, i am simply interested in how one would aquire these skills if they were allowed.

Ah, I understand. When looking at the various martial art styles, depending on the art, you'll see a line listing something like 'Add Chi Power' or 'Pick a Special Kata or Body Hardening Technique'. When those come up, you can then pick from the various abilities listed in the book.

For example, in Wui Wing Chun, you start with the following special powers:

SKILLS INCLUDED IN TRAINING:
Martial Art Powers: Select a total of two (2) Powers from among Arts of Invisibility, Martial Art Techniques or Special Katas.

So starting out, you can pick two powers from the three categories listed. Then, as you level up, you see this:

LEVEL ADVANCEMENT BONUSES
1st + 2 to Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact, +1 to Parry/Dodge, +1 to
Strike, Critical Strike from Behind.
2nd +1 Attack per Melee, +1 to Damage.
3rd + 2 to Maintain Balance, Select One (1) Additional Martial Art Power from Invisibility, or Martial Art Techniques, or Special Katas or Chi Mastery.
4th Critical Strike on Natural 18 or better, Add 4 Levels to W.P. Naginata (spear).
5th +1 Attack per Melee, Knock-Out/Stun on Natural 19 or 20.
6th +2 to Roll with Punch/Fail/Impact, +2 to Parry/Dodge.
7th Select One (1) Additional Martial Art Power from Invisibility, or Martial Art Techniques, or Special Katas.
8th +1 Attack per Melee, +1 to strike.
9th Double Existing Chi, +1 to Maintain Balance.
10th +1 to Parry/Dodge, Select One (1) Additional Martial Art Power from Invisibility, or Martial Art Techniques, or Special Katas.
11th +1 Attack per Melee.
12th +1 to Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact, +1 to Damage.
13th Add One (1) Zenjorike Power.
14th +1 to Maintain Balance, Death Blow on roll of Natural 20.
15th Double Existing Chi.

At 3rd, 7th and 10th level you get to pick some more powers. Each technique is a bit different, with some more focused on the physical as opposed to the more spiritual. Does that help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back