• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Here's what's in my noggin at the moment.
1. Item requirements: Datajack (non-cyberware), Cyberdeck, Netrunning programs (if you want to go that far - I don't know how familiar you are with Netrunning and if/how far you want to go with that). Any items that would boost percentage Skills by any amount (for example, a quality Cyberdeck or even a superior or better Cyberdeck; those damned things almost run themselves).

2. Skillset. Computer Operation, Computer Programming, Computer Hacking. If I were to do this for Snowfall, I would have to ask to replace his most-recent Skill (which is fine if you ask me because I ran out of ideas for his Skills about a year ago).

3. What I'm really going after (and not expecting to get; this would be the ultimate goal): To hell with codebreakers. I'm after data. Superweapon data. I want Lone Star's schematics from top to bottom, left to right. I want guard rotation schedules, maintenance logs, intranet information, anything that gives us an edge. I want to know the best routes in and multiple ways out. I want data we can find and sell (perhaps that leads to other gigs). I want data that Lord Brazamal can use. I want the ability to get it all without the Coalition even knowing it's gone.
Training up those skills certainly wouldn't hurt, and a code breaker computer would add to a Computer Op skill. I will give you a +20% to your skill rolls when using the code breaker, and it will cost you 800,000 and is considered to be highly illegal by the Coalition if you are ever discovered to have it.
1. Depending on how fancy you want the computer deck to be, it will cost upwards of 1 million, because it would be more than just Psy's code breaker. As far as netrunning, there is really very little in the way of an internet or network for you to tap into in most places. The Lone Star complex will probably have a network of some sort, but you'll have to be on site to access any signal. See above for the earlier reference to Psychie's codebreaker for the skill percent increase.

2. These skills are fine. You can retrain your last skill and replace it with the new computer one.

3. While it would be great for Dweomer to get access to any of the files in Lone Star, it may be of limited use to them. The Texas complex has top of the line genetics labs, so if the superweapon is a bio-weapon of some sort, Dweomer lacks the basic scientific infrastructure to be able to make good use of it. They focus more on magical powers rather than science.

However, there are people out there that would kill in order to get ahold of any data from Lone Star. These interested parties would jump through hoops to get their mitts on this info.

That can be done. Stuff like Breathe Without Air, Immunity to Energy, Chameleon and other spells can be added to it easily.

Just look at the list of Ley Line Evocation spells. A lot of those can be incorporated into the vehicle with a moderate cost.

On pg 334 of the Book of Magic, it has a long list of vehicular TW enhancements and the costs involved.

Training up those skills certainly wouldn't hurt, and a code breaker computer would add to a Computer Op skill. I will give you a +20% to your skill rolls when using the code breaker, and it will cost you 800,000 and is considered to be highly illegal by the Coalition if you are ever discovered to have it.

1. Depending on how fancy you want the computer deck to be, it will cost upwards of 1 million, because it would be more than just Psy's code breaker. As far as netrunning, there is really very little in the way of an internet or network for you to tap into in most places. The Lone Star complex will probably have a network of some sort, but you'll have to be on site to access any signal. See above for the earlier reference to Psychie's codebreaker for the skill percent increase.
Sherwood Sherwood Cool so far! I expect not to get much use out of Netrunning/wireless hacking where there isn't any technology.

From Snowfall's point of view, computers and their programs are kind of another form of Spirit, if you will.

1. How do you want us to record the new Skills we're earning? Make a new category for them?

2. What all do you want Netrunners to do? I mean, even on an individual level, hacking things like lights, cameras, turrets, vehicles might be a thing if you allow it.

3. Have you played Cyberpunk 2077 or Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop?

EDIT: Oh and he wants the fanciest deck he can get his paws on. That's a Wizard's spellbook if you get my meaning. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Cool so far! I expect not to get much use out of Netrunning/wireless hacking where there isn't any technology.

From Snowfall's point of view, computers and their programs are kind of another form of Spirit, if you will.

1. How do you want us to record the new Skills we're earning? Make a new category for them?

2. What all do you want Netrunners to do? I mean, even on an individual level, hacking things like lights, cameras, turrets, vehicles might be a thing if you allow it.

3. Have you played Cyberpunk 2077 or Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop?
1. Record them as a regular skill, but just remember that you only get your Iq bonus on them until you start to level them up.

2. When in a location that you can use a network, it will allow you to use your various computer skills to try and hack into/control various systems around you. Depending on what you are trying to tap into, you will get minuses to your roll due to the complexity of the defenses associated with the item. A personal laptop will have less protection than a hardened weapon turret.

3. Not at all. The closest I've come to that is Shadowrun, but that was just a short-lived game.

For TW enhancements for the Badger, I'd like the following:

Chameleon Cloaking System for 220,000
Impervious To Energy for 800,000
Protective Force Field. I would have to guess that the Badger counts as a large vehicle, so it would cost 500,000
Sound Cloaking System for 200,000
Breathe Without Air for both the pilot and passenger compartments for 200,000

That would be just under 2 million. Is that good for everyone?

That is all fine.

Unless you want to have everything fueled by you, you'll need a PPE battery in the Badger. You can get a PPE battery using diamonds to make it work, and the cost of the battery would be based on carat size. Each diamond can hold 20 PPE per carat, and they cost 15,000 per carat. So, if you wanted a 200 PPE battery (for example), it will cost you 3 million.

That would be a total of 5 million for all of those improvements and a 200 PPE battery? Done and done.

I am willing to put all that out of my share of the funds, so no one else needs to worry about it.

3. Not at all. The closest I've come to that is Shadowrun, but that was just a short-lived game.
Aw, a pity! ShadowRun is to Cyberpunk what FASA's BattleTech/Mechwarrior is to Palladium's Robotech series (Shadow Chronicles). ShadowRun's great for basics and beginners but Cyberpunk 2020 is a whole new level worthy of Blade Runner, William Gibson, and the entire genre. Plus, I thought back in 1999 that Mike Pondsmith (creator) knocked it out of the park with his tabletop game. Talk about style! It is a fair statement I think that if I hadn't played Cyberpunk 2077, you guys wouldn't have some of the NPCs you like in my games (Hitomi Yashida especially - she originated in Cyberpunk 2020).

I've only played the ShadowRun PC video games and while those are fun for the atmosphere, nothing compares to Cyberpunk 2077 (if you can get a darned computer rig that'll run the thing).

For TW enhancements for the Badger, I'd like the following:

Chameleon Cloaking System for 220,000
Impervious To Energy for 800,000
Protective Force Field. I would have to guess that the Badger counts as a large vehicle, so it would cost 500,000
Sound Cloaking System for 200,000
Breathe Without Air for both the pilot and passenger compartments for 200,000

That would be just under 2 million. Is that good for everyone?
That would be a total of 5 million for all of those improvements and a 200 PPE battery? Done and done.

I am willing to put all that out of my share of the funds, so no one else needs to worry about it.
Uh, yeah! Thanks for that, Psychie! =)

What does that Sound Cloaking System do? I don't know half as much about Rifts vehicles as I do Characters.

Aw, a pity! ShadowRun is to Cyberpunk what FASA's BattleTech/Mechwarrior is to Palladium's Robotech series (Shadow Chronicles). ShadowRun's great for basics and beginners but Cyberpunk 2020 is a whole new level worthy of Blade Runner, William Gibson, and the entire genre. Plus, I thought back in 1999 that Mike Pondsmith (creator) knocked it out of the park with his tabletop game. Talk about style! It is a fair statement I think that if I hadn't played Cyberpunk 2077, you guys wouldn't have some of the NPCs you like in my games (Hitomi Yashida especially - she originated in Cyberpunk 2020).

I've only played the ShadowRun PC video games and while those are fun for the atmosphere, nothing compares to Cyberpunk 2077 (if you can get a darned computer rig that'll run the thing).
Well, someday I'd like to get you hooked on Exalted. Of all the games out there, that is one system that has sunk its claws into me big time, just like Robotech/Rifts has.

Whoa. That was fast. =)

Here's a taste of what a Netrunner can do in Cyberpunk 2077. Note: THIS IS NOT A REQUEST (or "gimme" if you will), but a demonstration of what the Class can do in its own element when played by someone who really knows what they're doing. =)

"Cyberpunk 2077 - Hacking + Stealth Infiltration"

I'm only putting that video up there to give a glimpse into what this all is in a different universe and gaming system, especially for anyone who has only had a game or two of Shadowrun to fall back on. That's not nearly enough to get a good taste of what a Netrunner is. =)

This Player is using the cybernetics of their opponents against them, wirelessly and nigh-instantly overriding their cyberoptics to momentarily blind them. They can use light and computers to distract (like vending machines suddenly spitting out their goods). Getting into computers and digging out their secrets is just a small but important part of it all. Having to be on-site is almost always part of the fun. The more technological something is, the greater it might fall prey to a Netrunner. However, Netrunners are basically Cyberpunk's "wizards." Once you get past their Netrunning abilities, they don't have much in the way of hand to hand or shooting to rely on. That's what the other Classes are for.

But for infiltration into realms that rely on tech? Cameras, turrets, automatic doors, anything that basically runs on electricity and has a wireless connection is a potential opportunity. And if it doesn't have a wireless option, one can use their own skills to manually operate devices for advantageous ends.

Netrunning is a very fun Class to play and Snowfall, even if he's just able to do the basics on the outside sounds like a great deal of fun. I don't, for example, imagine he'll go into the Internet and truly Netrun (something not shown in the video above). Being able to interact with technology by speaking its own language is a "shot in the arm" he'll be happy to use and be that much more fun to play!

Interesting stuff.

I recall in the Ghost in the Shell manga, there was a scene where one of the main characters, a cyborg named Bato, was talking smack to his boss, another cyborg named Motoko. He basically challenged her to a fight, and she cyber hacked him to punch himself in the face, knocking him down with his own hit! It was great.

Yes! That's exactly it! =)

EDIT: I know the scene you're talking about having enjoyed the manga and anime many times! I love Ghost in the Shell (and Shirow Masamune). =)

I will have to think on some of the potential for being able to cyberhack a Borg. It will be difficult, but if you can pull it off, you have yourself a puppet to use as you will.

Very interesting idea. It would be some groundbreaking stuff if you can make it work.

Cool! I'll make the changes then. Snowfall will go for a cyber-less datajack and the very best cyberdeck he can get his furry paws on! Pricewise, what are his cyberdeck options or do you just want to say he can buy a good deck that'll give the +20% to Skill use you mentioned Terra has for her codebreaker?

Also, do you want the cyberdeck to be able to do what a codebreaker does? In my mind, that's what it's meant to do but I don't mind paying more for that function or whatever you think is fair.

As for Techno-Wizardry addition, not for Snowfall. As convenient as it would be, that goes against what he's trying to do here (be nigh-untraceable). If we use magic in Lone Star, there's a chance at being detected (sending up that flare Sherwood mentioned). No flare? No detection. =) The wireless system is a function of a cyberdeck (or cybermodem if you like that dated term). It's just like a wireless router only far, far able to do what it does. =)

Any other items or additions that might help in this direction?

Last edited:
For cost of a good cyberdeck, I'll say 1.5 million, and that will provide the +20% to your Computer skills and will have the code breaker function that Psychie was asking about. This will be a strictly technological item, and will have a wireless broadcast range of 25 meters.

Very cool! How much would it cost to get the cyberdeck EMP-shielded and full data-encryption? Don't want it getting tagged or having snoopy bums listening in while we're having smartphone-style conversations and all! =)

Any way to boost the range? 25 meters sounds so... today's technology.

Oh, and this thing *is* Mega-damage, right? If it isn't, it's definitely time to make that happen. Can't have an S.D.C. "spellbook" in an M.D.C. setting, can we? That'd be just... dumb!

stupid youtube GIF
=)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back