• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Just to let everyone know, I have been looking in the RUE book to see if there is any mention of Ley Lines or Nexus points increasing ISP or increasing the power of psionic abilities, and I have not seen any references to that at all. It seems to only apply to mystic powers of magic. So a typical man of magic will be able to draw an additional 20 PPE once per melee round at the Nexus point unless it specifically says different in your OCC description (for instance, Ley Line Walkers get twice that), but the Mechanoids are out of luck.

True. But that does not increase the range or effectiveness of their powers, but the opposite.

Just to let everyone know, I have been looking in the RUE book to see if there is any mention of Ley Lines or Nexus points increasing ISP or increasing the power of psionic abilities, and I have not seen any references to that at all. It seems to only apply to mystic powers of magic. So a typical man of magic will be able to draw an additional 20 PPE once per melee round at the Nexus point unless it specifically says different in your OCC description (for instance, Ley Line Walkers get twice that), but the Mechanoids are out of luck.

Sherwood Sherwood Check RUE, page 366 (something about recovering I.S.P. while near a ley line/nexus. It's not huge, but it's a benefit where I didn't think there was one). I was mainly wondering about their O.C.C.s.. I know next to nothing about the Mechanoids besides from what you've shared in this adventure, so I was left thinking if a Mind Melter in RUE benefits from being near a ley line/nexus (increased range, etc.), so might psychically-enhanced Mechanoids.

I'm not asking that you let any cats out of any bags; I was just hoping someone in-game knew more than Gradicus and myself. =)

I see I missed a spot. It looks like it gives 1d6+1 ISP per melee round at a Ley Line, and range and duration is doubled on a Nexus point. You get a cookie for catching that, Dann!

I'll hold on with my next IC post until you guys have had a chance to post. Don't want to rush things.

Still here, but haven't had much of a chance to contribute much past what I have. Only so much I can really present from a 2 month old hatchling in a tactical discussion. I'm sure he'll be taken a bit more seriously once combat begins.

Still here, but haven't had much of a chance to contribute much past what I have. Only so much I can really present from a 2 month old hatchling in a tactical discussion. I'm sure he'll be taken a bit more seriously once combat begins.
Good to know you are still ok. I didn't want to move forward without giving you and D. Rex D. Rex both a chance to get posts in.

Just a reminder, I'm still new to the supernatural elements of palladium with Psi, magic, etc. So if any of those modifiers seem off, please let me know. From the way things look as they are, Zeph's ready to wade through an army for a good while.

Ah, almost forgot to ask this. The way things seemed when I read Rifts Ultimate, activating a psionic power was a free action and activating a spell was either a melee action or longer. Is this right or did I miss something? Timing on these things seems rather important for reacting to surprises in combat.

If I were to be extraordinarily picky about spellcasting, I would go with the rule that was printed in one of the issues of the Rifter that shows a spell can be cast at a rate of 15 PPE per level per action. That means that as a fifth level character, you can cast 75 PPE worth of a spell in action. Spells that cost more than that will require you multiple actions in order to be able to send them on their way.

Most Psy attacks happen at the speed of thought, so they take only one action/attack to be able to send on their way.

Ah, that helps a lot. Looks like all of Zeph's prep seems in line with that then. Thanks boss!

Heya friends!

Today, I have approached Sherwood via Conversation concerning the retirement of my beloved gladiator Gradicus. While he is a great guy and fun to play, I have felt for for weeks now the mood to play someone else. Someone a little familiar, but also a little different (I think his name is "Snowfall").

Gradicus will stay for this big battle, then after that, retire to his homeland of Tamaerus (I'm not about to just up and bail on you good guys and gals). =)

Just wanted to share something special with you! =)

Thanks for giving us some advanced notice on that. I will miss my kinsman, even if you are from another Clan. But the call of adventure cannot be ignored!

I won't lie: It'll feel weird to not have him around. Really enjoyed this part of his journey, may there be many more monsters along his future paths! Gotta admit that I'm damn curious what you came up with as well, though - looking forward to meet the chosen one to follow in the slayers mighty footsteps.

Related to the in-game considerations: Is there someone who is actually qualified to ride a dragon? Sir Dru or Shaona are the two choices amongst us who come to mind as possible choices, or did I miss someone? Might be an idea to send Shaona upwards since there's way too much happening on the ground to let her magic have much of an impact - doesn't really matter if you shield one of a dozen automatons... thoughts?

Sir Drutarak is afraid of great heights. :-P Hence why I haven't picked any crazy flying powers or air powers with him. Living most of his life in tunnels below ground will do that to you.

Gradicus is retiring...? What...

He will be missed, but I am looking forward to what else you come up with. :-)

Thanks, folks! Yours are kind words and high praise! =)

In part thanks to Sherwood answering my every question (and you know me; I ask a lot of questions), I've nearly completed Snowfall. He's turning out to be someone I'm excited to play!

(OOC: I think Gradicus had given Sir Drutarak a talisman before, right before we first disembarked from the ship onto Wrangler's Knob, along with some other basic crystals. Thanks for thinking of me though. :-) )

Vaneheart Vaneheart I thought so! I just wanted to be certain. Ever since we gained those talismans, I've felt they're far too valuable to just sell for credits (I'll miss having one on my new character; they're really great!). Some months ago, I recall Psychie and I were making My Little Pony jokes about the talismans while Silanon and we had agreed to lend them out to members of our team so everyone would always have one. Come to think of it, Gradicus will be handing his own over when he departs. That, I think, will cover everyone in the party (Bobo, Daisy, and Prince Zeph)?

Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon Psychie Psychie Have I got all that right?

I certainly recall the jokes, and I'm pretty sure that that's what we decided - might be an unreliable source, though, I was busy researching about a highly praised, yet unfamiliar tv show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back