• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The Invulnerability Spell grants the caster +50 MDC along with a few other bonuses:

1571192537707.png

As long as the spell MDC is not depleted, you take the damage from the spell first, then off of your body.

The Invulnerability Spell grants the caster +50 MDC along with a few other bonuses:

View attachment 637069

As long as the spell MDC is not depleted, you take the damage from the spell first, then off of your body.
That's far less impressive than I thought. Still, combined with Armor of Ithan and Resist Damage, that could potentially amount to +200 M.D.C. for what basically amounts to 1080 M.D.C. (540, but damage is halved). Unless I'm mistaken yet again and need to rethink a few things.

Nevermind me. I'm really tired and misread that.

Sherwood Sherwood

Alrighty - while we wait an hour for Hagan to arrive, do you think it's possible for Shaona to go around and see if someone brought a spare translator? Or could she, instead, do some technowizardry stuff and prepare everything for a device, then let someone cast the tongue spell for her, since she doesn't know it herself? I appreciate Zephiron's willingness to make communication possible, but it'd be simpler longterm to have a translator, rather then let him cast the very same spell every few hours.

Sherwood Sherwood

Alrighty - while we wait an hour for Hagan to arrive, do you think it's possible for Shaona to go around and see if someone brought a spare translator? Or could she, instead, do some technowizardry stuff and prepare everything for a device, then let someone cast the tongue spell for her, since she doesn't know it herself? I appreciate Zephiron's willingness to make communication possible, but it'd be simpler longterm to have a translator, rather then let him cast the very same spell every few hours.
Yes, there is a spare translator in the Badger that Zeph can use to be able to communicate in English with the rest of the party.

Yes, there is a spare translator in the Badger that Zeph can use to be able to communicate in English with the rest of the party.

/silly on =)

What Sherwood is not telling us is, that it's the broken translator we picked up from that hip hop joint we partied in back in Atlanta. See, the translator has this glitch - anyone speaking through it sounds like they're from the 'hood. As an example:

Zephiron the Dragon Prince speaking into the translator in Dragonese: "What reason do you any of you mortals have for treating me as anything less than royalty?"

Busted Translator begins shouting: "WHY YOU FELLAS WANNA DO ME LIKE DAT?! DON'T CHU SEE I AM THE PRINCE? YOU BEST TREAT ME WITH HELLA RESPECT 'CUZ I GOT DA FLAVOR!! KNOW WHUT I'M SAYIN', FOOLS?!"

Gradicus: "Uh, perhaps we should stay with the dragon's native tongue?"

/silly off =)

/silly on =)

What Sherwood is not telling us is, that it's the broken translator we picked up from that hip hop joint we partied in back in Atlanta. See, the translator has this glitch - anyone speaking through it sounds like they're from the 'hood. As an example:

Zephiron the Dragon Prince speaking into the translator in Dragonese: "What reason do you any of you mortals have for treating me as anything less than royalty?"

Busted Translator begins shouting: "WHY YOU FELLAS WANNA DO ME LIKE DAT?! DON'T CHU SEE I AM THE PRINCE? YOU BEST TREAT ME WITH HELLA RESPECT 'CUZ I GOT DA FLAVOR!! KNOW WHUT I'M SAYIN', FOOLS?!"

Gradicus: "Uh, perhaps we should stay with the dragon's native tongue?"

/silly off =)
It could be worse...
FB_IMG_1569943088378.jpg

I don't know the time of day. If it is dark, Gradicus will volunteer to forego Invisibility for his own tattooed Shadow Powers.

What does everyone here think of Gradicus's offer? if you think it would take too much time in or out of game, we can go in now. I don't mean to hold the game up. =)

Last edited:
Scouting seems reasonable. Most of our group seems to have decent saves against psi at least.

Zeph is a very powerful empath if we need to make a point as well.

I am fine with Grad making a run on the base, just so long as you are careful. I'll make an IC post about that here in a moment.

Always. Grad hasn't come all the way to escape Atlantis three times in his life just to do something foolish now (famous last words, right? Hah!). =)

So, what is the verdict about the recon run? Is Gradicus going to make a high speed pass, or is it going to be Terra doing a more sneaky run, going slower but with stealth and invisibility? I need to know what to post for you guys.

Will do, but is there no one in this entire menagerie we've gathered that has the Invisibility (Superior) spell or something similar? Gradicus will supply the P.P.E. (via battery). How about a magic item with it or perhaps a potion?

If not, what time of day is it? Is it dark enough to consider Shroud of Darkness (from his tattoo powers)?

EDIT: The last thing I want is for Grad to go up there, be detected, and then get into a situation where the GM has to write, "Gradicus has to make 12 Saving Throws vs. psychic manipulation. Want to spend a Bonus Point?" =)

Last edited:
Will do, but is there no one in this entire menagerie we've gathered that has the Invisibility (Superior) spell or something similar? Gradicus will supply the P.P.E. (via battery). How about a magic item with it or perhaps a potion?

If not, what time of day is it? Is it dark enough to consider Shroud of Darkness (from his tattoo powers)?

EDIT: The last thing I want is for Grad to go up there, be detected, and then get into a situation where the GM has to write, "Gradicus has to make 12 Saving Throws vs. psychic manipulation. Want to spend a Bonus Point?" =)
Apparently no player does, but yes, one of the other wizards you have with you can cast Invisibility (Superior) on you. The caster is an eighth level Ley Line Walker, so the spell will last 24 minutes. With the speed of your supersonic flight, you can have the spell cast on you and get there before the spell expires.

At the moment, it is mid-day, but you can wait until nightfall if you wish for your Shroud of Darkness instead.

No, I'd rather get this going while we have daylight on our side. Machines have the advantage in the night.

Also, just out of the blue here - you know Grad's True Atlantean clan of artisans, Clan Marciniszyn? Well, in the Real Life Palladium staff, there is an Alex Marciniszyn (Staff Editor and Research). That just tickles me! =)

Ok, go ahead and post that you are preparing to go, and I'll have the Ley Line Walker cast the spell on you before you take off on your recon run.

Didn't get any notifications for the latest ooc - dammit.

Sherwood Sherwood Shaona spent some time examining the robots - any chance she's noticed more about their scanners etc?

A whole suite of sensors available to them:

Optics: Full optical systems, including the visible light
spectrum, infrared, ultraviolet, polarization, passive night vision
(light amplification), thermo-imaging, laser targeting, and
telescopic. Telescopic optics function like built-in binoculars
with a range of about two miles (3.2 km). All the other optic
systems have a range of about 5200 feet (1560 m).
Radar: Can identify and track up to 72 targets simultaneously,
at a range of two miles (3.2 km). Applicable to flying
targets at 500 feet above the ground or higher. The radar can
not track ground movement.
Radio Communication: Medium range directional radio.
Range: 100 miles (160 km). The radio system can also eavesdrop
on enemy transmissions and track transmissions to their
source (60% success ratio); tracking range is limited to 20
miles (32 km).

Thanks - that's probably more detailed than what she would've found out. Either way, don't think it's of importance - small whoopsie on my end, forgot that superior invisibility does it all. Used to the tools at my disposal, I guess :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back