• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
While the worst of the fighting is over, there is still a bit of clean up to do inside the pyramid of a handful of nasty boys that don't know about the destruction of Salnesh and the Vampire Intelligence and want to try and do some damage to you. The werejaguars are all running around inside the place with a wild excitement that helps to overcome the exhaustion you are all feeling from the rigors of the combat high you had.

As the sporadic fighting continues, there comes a time when Maja comes to find your party. She says, "We have been able to clear out the bulk of the pyramid, and I must say, it feels good to be able to walk through our ancestral home once more, even if parts of it have been vandalized by the demons. There is much work to do to make this place feel like ours again. But there is something that we are having trouble with. There is a section of the pyramid that we can't go into; there is a powerful anti-magic field that is physically harmful to us to enter. There is a set of rooms in there that we can't get to that might be hiding something dangerous." She looks over at Daisy, and says, "Not to disparage you, but you are a non-magical creature, unlike the rest of us. Can you go in the anti-magic field and see what is in there?"

When the fighting is over, Terra lets out a sigh of relief. Things could have gone much worse for them, but they made it through the fight without any losses in the team. Even Junior, with as bad as it was damaged, still came out ok. Now, it is time to bask in the glory of doing what many thought to be impossible; causing the death of a Vampire Intelligence.

Then, they are approached by Maja, asking them, or more specifically, Daisy, for help. She looks quizzically at her, wondering just what it could be, hidden away in a place that no magic could safely enter. Even Terra is a magical being, with her mystic tattoos. With a nod, she says, "I am sure that we can figure out what is in there, one way or another. This anti-magic field might stop me from using my magic, but it may not bar me from going into it the same way it is causing your people distress. C'mon, guys. Lets go check this out."

When the fighting is over, Terra lets out a sigh of relief. Things could have gone much worse for them, but they made it through the fight without any losses in the team. Even Junior, with as bad as it was damaged, still came out ok. Now, it is time to bask in the glory of doing what many thought to be impossible; causing the death of a Vampire Intelligence.

Then, they are approached by Maja, asking them, or more specifically, Daisy, for help. She looks quizzically at her, wondering just what it could be, hidden away in a place that no magic could safely enter. Even Terra is a magical being, with her mystic tattoos. With a nod, she says, "I am sure that we can figure out what is in there, one way or another. This anti-magic field might stop me from using my magic, but it may not bar me from going into it the same way it is causing your people distress. C'mon, guys. Lets go check this out."

At Snowfall's direction, one of Juu's heads swoops down at his legs. With a hop, Snowfall lands on that head and Juu carries the little Kitsune around as he warns. "Again, Terra, I recommend caution. We are talking about anti-magic here. Remember, when it comes to Mega-damage beings magical in origin, like you and me, chances are pretty high that once through such a barrier, we revert to the constitutions of typical Earth-creatures! Normal humans! If Daisy goes in alone, at least she is guaranteed Mega-damage protection by way of her Glitter Boy, but if a single evil threat is on the other side with so much as a Mega-damage blaster, you've just cost us our leader and your parents their favorite adventuring daughter.

"Daisy can clearly handle herself and I trust her to call for aid if she needs it. Perhaps trust her to take this on her way..." Snowfall looks to the Dog Girl, "... that is, if she's willing?"

Salnesh - gone. Where the others celebrate the victory, discuss moralities, and already concern themselves with the future, the Crazy called Eron still paces the chamber in utter disbelief. The sword awkwardly in hand by now, as if he isn't quite sure what to do with it; eyes on the place where the final fight happened, where a creature from elsewhere ended a struggle that busied the world for centuries, before. Gone. It feels unreal, that much is certain. He always had another plan, another way to get away one more time. Not this time, it seems. Never again - that's what it looks like. Leaves a whole lot of nothingness behind - not only for those who relied on his orders, but also for one who lived the past years with only this one moment in mind. Funny, that - instead of euphoria, there's just a tiredness that these implants never allowed him to notice, until now.

Still, there's enough strength left to do the inevitable; there has to be. Once more, the Crazy's mind reaches out, tries to find any hint of the foe. Salnesh was mighty, powerful, brilliant. The worthiest foe one could have asked for. If anyone ever manages to live on from this point; it'd be him, no question. One can never be certain, against all odds. One can never trust any of the senses, for he was a master of illusions. Still is? Unlikely. The body's right there, right?

"Snowfall." He speaks up without any forewarning, disregarding any conversation that might take place. "What's the chance of him coming back?" The voice is tired, and uncertain. "Could he find a way? Could someone else open a path for him, eventually? You would know, right? Would anyone know? Could there be a way that no one ever thought about?"

While the worst of the fighting is over, there is still a bit of clean up to do inside the pyramid of a handful of nasty boys that don't know about the destruction of Salnesh and the Vampire Intelligence and want to try and do some damage to you. The werejaguars are all running around inside the place with a wild excitement that helps to overcome the exhaustion you are all feeling from the rigors of the combat high you had.

As the sporadic fighting continues, there comes a time when Maja comes to find your party. She says, "We have been able to clear out the bulk of the pyramid, and I must say, it feels good to be able to walk through our ancestral home once more, even if parts of it have been vandalized by the demons. There is much work to do to make this place feel like ours again. But there is something that we are having trouble with. There is a section of the pyramid that we can't go into; there is a powerful anti-magic field that is physically harmful to us to enter. There is a set of rooms in there that we can't get to that might be hiding something dangerous." She looks over at Daisy, and says, "Not to disparage you, but you are a non-magical creature, unlike the rest of us. Can you go in the anti-magic field and see what is in there?"

"Hmm?" Daisy looked up from admiring her gorey handwork.

"No disparagement taken. I don't think you all know how good it is to not be a magical creature." She said with a huff, "Really, i do not know how any of you all aren't constantly in a state of bath to try and get the stench of magic off you." The dog girl shuddered, having done a pretty good job so far of trying not to notice all the magic around. She pittied them.

"But yes, I suppose I can take a look. Normally I would charge extra for that, but I'm feeling generous."

Psychie Psychie Purr Purr

"Snowball is right. Without magic, you all are squishier than I am without my Glitter Boy." Daisy advised.

"There won't be nothing in there I can't handle. They won't have magic to protect themselves either. This is a job that calls for thick armor and big guns."

Daisy took the time to remove the belt of vampire rounds feeding the rail gun, and reloading it with her trusty slugs.

"I will be in and out. If I can shut down the magic field, I will do so. And if I run into any trouble, you will be able to hear me a mile away."

Sherwood Sherwood
Daisy would advance into the anti-magical area to see what is in there.

"Snowfall." He speaks up without any forewarning, disregarding any conversation that might take place. "What's the chance of him coming back?" The voice is tired, and uncertain. "Could he find a way? Could someone else open a path for him, eventually? You would know, right? Would anyone know? Could there be a way that no one ever thought about?"

Snowfall the Kitsune, Messenger of the Fox-God Inari, Chi Master, Tattooed Voyager under Clan Aurelous, and a number of other things wondered with all of being. "Allow me, Eron, to contemplate this before I answer."

Looking like some kind of wise side-character in an Asian MMORPG as he stays atop one of Juu's slowly wavering heads, Snowfall gently seats himself in lotus position. There, he calms his mind of most outside influences, breathes deeply from two inches below his navel, and...

"Snowball is right. Without magic, you all are squishier than I am without my Glitter Boy." Daisy advised.

...in his best Mel Blanc (the great voice actor who was the voice of Bugs Bunny and hundreds of other characters) impression when he comedically shrieks out in mock-anger, "SnowFALL, you dingle-derp! SnowF-F-F-AAAALL!" he sings like a troubadour on stage during his best part. "I know my fur is thick and white, but can't you please get my name right? I can't take much more of this abuse - and now I sound like Dr. Seuss! Aaagh!!" Wiggling one accusatory claw toward his fellow canine, Snowfall barks, "This is aaall yoooour faaault, Daisyyy!"

Seriously and softly, he adds, "Oh and by the way, thanks for being brave enough to scout out that anti-magic field that is so disruptive to the rest of us - those things are quite the pain."

Snowfall immediately returns to basking in the serene state of solitude that marks a master of his own tranquil mind and well-controlled emotions. He dove into the primal state of his own long-enlightened being, past wisdom, past experience, past skills, and all of the centuries of knowledge he had been lucky enough to live in... he ponders.

Salnesh....

Maja leads you through the pyramid into one of the upper levels before coming to a stop. She says, "We cannot advance any farther without great pain. It nearly killed two of our warriors before they were able to be pulled out of the area, and they are still very weak." Looking ahead of where you are standing, you can see a slight haze in the air in front of you, a shimmer if you will. There is also a thin layer of dust on the floor, only disturbed by the spot where the two were-jaguars were thrashing on the ground until they were pulled out of the area. Clearly no one has been past this point in a long time.

Once Daisy passes the threshold, you can feel a total lack of the itching sensation of the ley line nexus working on your nose. It is almost a shock to your system after being exposed to it for so long. As you move forward, there are a few rooms that you pass with nothing in them besides rotting tubs full of moldy grains. But at the end of a sharp curve, you come up to a heavy MDC-strength door that is chained and barred shut from your side. The chain looks to be newer than the door, showing that someone has been in here in the fairly recent past.

D. Rex D. Rex What do you do now?

While they wait, Terra will stand next to Maja and quietly chew on a piece of beef jerky, hoping that Daisy will not be facing any threat that she cannot handle on her own.

Snowfall the Kitsune, Messenger of the Fox-God Inari, Chi Master, Tattooed Voyager under Clan Aurelous, and a number of other things wondered with all of being. "Allow me, Eron, to contemplate this before I answer."

Looking like some kind of wise side-character in an Asian MMORPG as he stays atop one of Juu's slowly wavering heads, Snowfall gently seats himself in lotus position. There, he calms his mind of most outside influences, breathes deeply from two inches below his navel, and...

...in his best Mel Blanc (the great voice actor who was the voice of Bugs Bunny and hundreds of other characters) impression when he comedically shrieks out in mock-anger, "SnowFALL, you dingle-derp! SnowF-F-F-AAAALL!" he sings like a troubadour on stage during his best part. "I know my fur is thick and white, but can't you please get my name right? I can't take much more of this abuse - and now I sound like Dr. Seuss! Aaagh!!" Wiggling one accusatory claw toward his fellow canine, Snowfall barks, "This is aaall yoooour faaault, Daisyyy!"

Seriously and softly, he adds, "Oh and by the way, thanks for being brave enough to scout out that anti-magic field that is so disruptive to the rest of us - those things are quite the pain."

Snowfall immediately returns to basking in the serene state of solitude that marks a master of his own tranquil mind and well-controlled emotions. He dove into the primal state of his own long-enlightened being, past wisdom, past experience, past skills, and all of the centuries of knowledge he had been lucky enough to live in... he ponders.

Salnesh....
Daisy blinked in confusion. And the lopsided toothy smile on her helmet did little to portray her blank expression at trying to Decipher what the kitsune was trying to say.

"What?" She asked. "Snowfall. Snow fall. Okay. Snowfall. But... just to be on the safe side, did you by chance switch bodies with the crazy? Because you are sounding like a crazy. You silly fox, do not scare me like that. Making me think you got ley line fever or something. Perhaps you should go see Doctor Seuss, surely he can check for madness."

Maja leads you through the pyramid into one of the upper levels before coming to a stop. She says, "We cannot advance any farther without great pain. It nearly killed two of our warriors before they were able to be pulled out of the area, and they are still very weak." Looking ahead of where you are standing, you can see a slight haze in the air in front of you, a shimmer if you will. There is also a thin layer of dust on the floor, only disturbed by the spot where the two were-jaguars were thrashing on the ground until they were pulled out of the area. Clearly no one has been past this point in a long time.

Once Daisy passes the threshold, you can feel a total lack of the itching sensation of the ley line nexus working on your nose. It is almost a shock to your system after being exposed to it for so long. As you move forward, there are a few rooms that you pass with nothing in them besides rotting tubs full of moldy grains. But at the end of a sharp curve, you come up to a heavy MDC-strength door that is chained and barred shut from your side. The chain looks to be newer than the door, showing that someone has been in here in the fairly recent past.

D. Rex D. Rex What do you do now?

Daisy would through, being keen on looking for disturbances in the dust that might indicate others are around.

For the most part, Daisy took her time. So peaceful and quiet and non magical that she could dance. Would be skipping if her glitterboy could do so gracefully. Maybe she would find an anti magic field place to call home one day.

Still, she had a job to do. So she poked around at things that might have things inside them, checked around corners.

But of course, the door and chain surely meant someone was here. So what would Daisy do?

Exactly what you would expect. Mostly

She aimed the boom gun at the lock... then paused. Maybe that was too much force.

Instead, she grabbed her Dragon Stopper from her back, and shot at the lock in order to blast it off.

Sherwood Sherwood Would you like me to roll?

D. Rex D. Rex No need to roll; the chain does not dodge away. It does take a couple of hits to fully blast it away to be able to open the door.

Once you have removed the chain and before you open the door, your audio sensors can hear the sound of something moving beyond the closed door. What do you do?

D. Rex D. Rex No need to roll; the chain does not dodge away. It does take a couple of hits to fully blast it away to be able to open the door.

Once you have removed the chain and before you open the door, your audio sensors can hear the sound of something moving beyond the closed door. What do you do?

Daisy narrows her eyes. Potential threat detected. Switching back to the boom gun.

No sense in letting whatever it is get prepared.

Action hero SWAT team style, Daisy kicks the door open. Finger on the trigger and ready to eliminate a threat, should it be one behind that door.

While the door is tough, once the restraining bar is removed it is relatively easy for you to smash through it to see what lies beyond.

1615490313054.png

What you see is a small six-legged dragon that is curled up in the center of the room in a tight coil. I say 'small', but it is only in comparison to dragons like Zephiron. It is about the size of a small horse, and, from what you can tell from your time with Zeph, it is in intense pain. Its scales, while once a vibrant gold, now look dull and washed out, and the claws on the front feet are broken and bleeding slowly.

Raising its head, it looks at you with what is clear hate, but that changes to cautious curiosity. "You are not my normal tormentor. Who are you?"

(From OOC)
Between Terra, Snowfall and Daisy's knowledge of the supernatural, and Eron's psychosis being so focused on Salnesh, it is a no-brainer to say that you guys take extra steps to make sure that Salnesh is totally dead and will not come back.

With Salnesh's threat permanently ended, Snowfall returns to Eron with a pleased and relived expression. "It is done. No demon I know can come back after that - and in over seven-and-a-half centuries, I've seen my share. All you have to do now is decide what to do with the rest of your life." Snowfall wriggles his eyebrows in a way that shows that such a decision is worth looking forward to.

"Maja? Are your two people all right? If they are in pain, I'll do what I can."

Juu curiously sniffs the dust. "Juu, get away from that." Juu murmurs disappointment but steps back.

"Maja? Are your two people all right? If they are in pain, I'll do what I can."
She shrugs. "Last I saw of them, they were healing from the effect, and were complaining on how it was so painful. I believe that they will be able to regenerate the damage done to them soon enough. They are warriors, and are strong."

She shrugs. "Last I saw of them, they were healing from the effect, and were complaining on how it was so painful. I believe that they will be able to regenerate the damage done to them soon enough. They are warriors, and are strong."

"As you wish. Please call on me if you need."

Snowfall vanishes into nothingness and then reappears as an elderly man, back slightly bent, stroking his long white beard as if in deep thought. Juu takes several looks at Snowfall and returns to quietly arguing, debating, joking, and snarling with himself while his other heads curiously peer at everyone else in the party. "Look, but don't touch," was the rule Snowfall had laid down long ago, and loyal Juu still held to it. Okay. Occasionally, he tried to get a sniff in here and there - Snowfall hadn't said anything about the use of his many noses.

But what of Daisy? Looking through the gear in his pack, Snowfall patiently waited for the headstrong Dog Girl's return.

While the door is tough, once the restraining bar is removed it is relatively easy for you to smash through it to see what lies beyond.

View attachment 860604

What you see is a small six-legged dragon that is curled up in the center of the room in a tight coil. I say 'small', but it is only in comparison to dragons like Zephiron. It is about the size of a small horse, and, from what you can tell from your time with Zeph, it is in intense pain. Its scales, while once a vibrant gold, now look dull and washed out, and the claws on the front feet are broken and bleeding slowly.

Raising its head, it looks at you with what is clear hate, but that changes to cautious curiosity. "You are not my normal tormentor. Who are you?"

Daisy froze with her sights focused on the dragon while her eyes darted about the room in case of other enemies.

Waiting a moment to make sure this... dragon? Why was there a dragon here? Well... it didn't seem to be a coiled spring ready to attack.

As she inspected the dragon, and noticing its sickly constitution and broken claws. She winced at that... she knows how bad that hurts.

Worse still... this was just a puppy. A child, as they were referred to. Of course she didn't know if it was a child, but her motherly heart couldn't help but see it as such.

"I am Daisy the Destroyer. I came to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of ass." The dog girl said puckishly in fluent dragonese.

"More importantly. Who are you and who would trap puppy in a room like this and torment them so? You poor thing."

Daisy approached the dragon gingerly. Letting her boom gun return to its 'sheathed' state behind her back. She did not want to spook the poor dear. Who knows what trauma it endured. Only monsters treated children like this...

"I am a friend of dragons. Let me help you."

Daisy froze with her sights focused on the dragon while her eyes darted about the room in case of other enemies.

Waiting a moment to make sure this... dragon? Why was there a dragon here? Well... it didn't seem to be a coiled spring ready to attack.

As she inspected the dragon, and noticing its sickly constitution and broken claws. She winced at that... she knows how bad that hurts.

Worse still... this was just a puppy. A child, as they were referred to. Of course she didn't know if it was a child, but her motherly heart couldn't help but see it as such.

"I am Daisy the Destroyer. I came to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of ass." The dog girl said puckishly in fluent dragonese.

"More importantly. Who are you and who would trap puppy in a room like this and torment them so? You poor thing."

Daisy approached the dragon gingerly. Letting her boom gun return to its 'sheathed' state behind her back. She did not want to spook the poor dear. Who knows what trauma it endured. Only monsters treated children like this...

"I am a friend of dragons. Let me help you."
The dragon eyes you carefully, shifting its coiled form slightly and wincing in pain as it does so. "If you were here to continue to torture me, you would not have kicked in the door keeping me trapped in here. If you wished to kill me, your armored claws alone would be enough to do me in. So, I suppose that I should trust you, unless this is just another one of Salnesh's elaborate traps to get me to reveal my secrets." It cocks its head to the side, looking at you still, obviously waiting for you to suddenly change your mind and try to kill it.

Once you get up close to the dragon, you can see that its scales are all cracked and raw, breaking open and bleeding as it shifts a bit. This dragon must be suffering intensely. It slowly stands, and starts to limp its way to the shattered door. "I will have you know that I am no 'puppy'. But if it will get me out of this room faster, I will be whatever kind of dog you want once I can shape shift again."

The dragon eyes you carefully, shifting its coiled form slightly and wincing in pain as it does so. "If you were here to continue to torture me, you would not have kicked in the door keeping me trapped in here. If you wished to kill me, your armored claws alone would be enough to do me in. So, I suppose that I should trust you, unless this is just another one of Salnesh's elaborate traps to get me to reveal my secrets." It cocks its head to the side, looking at you still, obviously waiting for you to suddenly change your mind and try to kill it.

Once you get up close to the dragon, you can see that its scales are all cracked and raw, breaking open and bleeding as it shifts a bit. This dragon must be suffering intensely. It slowly stands, and starts to limp its way to the shattered door. "I will have you know that I am no 'puppy'. But if it will get me out of this room faster, I will be whatever kind of dog you want once I can shape shift again."

"Puppy. Child. Hatchling. Whichever the word, you are a youth. Or does your size here in the anti magic field not decry your age?" She asked.

"Salnesh is dead. He was killed but minutes ago by my friends. Sure even here you would have heard the thunder of my teeth."

As she spoke, she reached behind her back to pull from storage her canteen, fatigues, and some rations. "Eat. Drink. You look horridly malnourished. It is not much, but it is something. And let us wrap those broken claws before they get infected, for we will be wading through undead entrails as we leave."

"And you will not be walking. I will not let a child in your condition walk. I will carry you, and I assure you I have the strength to do so by force if you protest."

The dragon looks at the food and says, "Normally I would decline the offer of food, since the magic of the world sustains me. But I have been cut off from that for some time, and it would do me good to get some sustenance. Thank you." In just a few bites, the small dragon wolfs down the proffered food and drink, then says in a quiet voice, "I will not argue with the offer of you carrying me. I have a feeling that you will be stubborn about it, and I lack the energy to argue. Please, just be gentle. Everything hurts."

As you step forward to carefully lift the serpentine form, it lets out a bit of a whimper as you lift and your armored fingers sink into its skin. In an effort to keep its mind off of the pain, it says, "So, you have killed Salnesh? I cannot say that it is a tragedy to hear of his death. Did he suffer? I hope he suffered. He has kept me locked in here in this spell-trap of his for longer than I care to recall."

With your armored strength, the problem of lifting the dragon is not a weight issue, but one of it being an awkward and bulky form. It is doing what it can to make the job of hoisting it easier, but it is still a difficult burden.

The dragon looks at the food and says, "Normally I would decline the offer of food, since the magic of the world sustains me. But I have been cut off from that for some time, and it would do me good to get some sustenance. Thank you." In just a few bites, the small dragon wolfs down the proffered food and drink, then says in a quiet voice, "I will not argue with the offer of you carrying me. I have a feeling that you will be stubborn about it, and I lack the energy to argue. Please, just be gentle. Everything hurts."

As you step forward to carefully lift the serpentine form, it lets out a bit of a whimper as you lift and your armored fingers sink into its skin. In an effort to keep its mind off of the pain, it says, "So, you have killed Salnesh? I cannot say that it is a tragedy to hear of his death. Did he suffer? I hope he suffered. He has kept me locked in here in this spell-trap of his for longer than I care to recall."

With your armored strength, the problem of lifting the dragon is not a weight issue, but one of it being an awkward and bulky form. It is doing what it can to make the job of hoisting it easier, but it is still a difficult burden.

"I will be as gentle as I can be. Once we are out of the anti magic field, my friends should be able to help you further."

Daisy was not so crude as to grab the dragon by the scruff of his neck. Goodness, she was more inventive than that.

The Glitterboy was a smooth armor with a mirrored surface, even with what little battle damage she received. Nothing really to poke oneself on. She did use her extra fatigues as a bit of a cushion to make it less painful.

Getting down to her knees, she would heft him gently over her shoulder like a scaly feather boa, holding the rest in her broad arms. Humans were bulky. Horses were bulky. Long bendy dragons were not. Not when you could just shift their weight as need.

Weight was no issue. Not in this suit. But she would try to make it as painless as possible. Thus she began to walk with a steady pace towards the group again, being careful not to jostle the kid around.

"Salnesh fell brutally. Worn down in battle bit by bloody bit until his pathetic body lay writhing helpless in the floor. There he lay bleeding and helpless and in pain while we finished off the Vampire Intelligence. Turning it into undead jelly."

"Salnesh... we considered what to do with him. Briefly, before we decided to just kill him as one would insignificant vermin. But he was a demon, we knew what to do to make sure that his termination would be permanent."

"I would not have found you if the locals did not want me to investigate this anti magic field. So I do have to ask, what were you doing down here? Why would Salnesh want you?"

As Daisy slowly walks the wounded dragon out of the anti-magic field, it says, "The demon wanted my knowledge, a gift passed down through the dragons of my line for generations. I refused to give him what he wanted, so he locked me away and tortured me. I could not escape with my powers shut off by the anti-magic field, and it had gotten to the point where I had resigned myself to a short and miserable life, trapped until I succumbed to my injuries."

Then, you can see the others gathered at the edge of the field, looking on intently to try and catch sight of the Dog Girl. When you pass over the barrier, the dragon lets out a sudden gasp as it can once more feel the magic of the world once more. The dull scales begin to sparkle, and the pained, labored breathing of the dragon eases as the source of the shocking pain is gone.

Looking at the wounded being on the ground, both Terra and Snowfall would immediately recognize it as one of the rare Chiang-Ku dragons, one of the ones that invented the mystical tattoos that you both have on you. It is a treat to see one of these rare breed of dragons in the flesh, but it is also quite horrifying to think about the pain that it must be in! With her clan's experience with dragons, Terra also knows that this one is an adolescent, a good deal older than Zephiron but not an adult yet. Probably qualifies him as a teenager in dragon terms.

What Zephiron knows about this other dragon is that while she is older than you, you are probably quite a bit stronger and tougher than she is (yes, the other dragon is a girl), but her magical knowledge is probably superior to yours. Right now, though, her body is in bad shape, and it will take her some time for her own natural healing talent to kick in and start her recovery.

When Daisy comes into view, Terra is horrified at the condition of the young dragon. To do this to another intelligent being is just unimaginable! She quickly pulls out her Atlantean Crystal Healing Wand from its pack and holds it at the ready until Daisy comes out of the anti-magic zone.

"Whoa! Inari's flashing eyes!!" Snowfall yips and gasps, invoking the name of one of the greatest Japanese powers. "How... how long had these heartless fiends been holding this young Chiang-Ku against her will?! The Were-jaguar tribe told us of their evil... but this?!" The Kitsune snarls and tries not to curse.

Noting Terra's wand, Snowfall nods at the spirit of her offer. Appearing elderly but moving with a spryness someone years younger, he bows properly and deeply to the injured Chiang-Ku. In fluent Dragonese, Snowfall smiles in a very friendly fashion. "Hey, little lady! Honor to your lineage and congratulations on your freedom! You're made of tough stuff indeed to have withstood the tortures of this former house of vampires and demons for so long! Rejoice! They are no longer in control, for this great and magical pyramid is under new management - Maja and her Were-jaguar people!"

Snowfall introduces with gentle waves of his wrinkled hand. "Meet us! This is Terra, a battle mage of Clan Draco Amicus, and those big fellows are her 'children' who follow her every command. You've already met brave Daisy the Dog Girl Glitter Boy pilot and demolisher of all things foul. Our royal frilled and noble-hearted companion, Zephiron, is as strong as he is fearless against our enemies. I'm serious. He really takes no guff! Eron here, our augmented human buddy possesses the heart of a Western knight and it was his wisdom that was core to our utter destruction of the great demon, Salnesh. The big ten-headed bodyguard here is Juu, my tattooed ectoplasmic friend. I am Snowfall, Megaverse-wide messenger of Inari, Tattooed Voyager and healer of Clan Aurelous, and... as far as I'm concerned... your servant."

Snowfall bows again as is respectful toward this extremely rare breed of dragon. "What name you want us to call you, miss? And would you allow us to soothe your pains tend to your injuries as Daisy has already begun?" Snowfall points to Terra's Atlantean wand and his own formidable tattoos which he expects the dragoness to recognize while breaking out his favorite lunch box and offering any of its fresh delights to the poorly-treated Chiang-Ku.

Last edited:
The hatchling double-takes when Daisy returns with the most peculiar companion, another dragon. A low rumbling growl began to creep up his throat out of instinctual reflex. His pupils narrow to thin lines while channeling a small jolt of psychic energy to alter his senses. [activating See Aura for 6 ISP]

The self-proclaimed prince raised his head high, wings and frills extended in a primal posture of might. His elder may be wounded, but thus far she was the greatest being they'd met within the pyramid by his own reckoning. Once his mind began to grasp her situation, he bellowed with a thundering roll of fury. Craning his neck down to a Brodkil's corpse, he gripped it by the ankle with his fangs and whips it across the chamber into a nearby wall with a wet, meaty splat.

"What insult was this!" He huffed, deep blue fumes streaming from his nostrils. "Death was too great a mercy for these vermin!"

His gaze fixed on the Eastern Serpent as she was being healed. Healing mortals was simple enough. Healing another dragon was a much more difficult task. Even on his own, Zephiron regenerated at a rate to trivialize most caster's expertise. If there is no objection, he will step forward to help ease pain where possible. [FYI: Greater Healing is a level 8 spell at 1d4 MDC healing per cast at 30PPE, we're on a nexus so pulling power should be no problem long term, but given that Zephiron as the younger dragon has 460 MDC... this could take a while narratively speaking.] Much like a cat, the royal hatchling regards the stranger with unblinking focus, assessing whether this one would retaliate to protect her dignity or her territory.

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood

"Well you are safe now." Daisy ensured. And upon leaving the field, she sneezedmultiple times in a row as the sensory overload of the ley lines hit her again.

Returning to her friends, she would set the dragon down gently for Terra to tend to. "I shall trust this child with you. They had been a plaything of Salnesh, the poor thing."

The dog boy girl straightened up.

"I am going to head back in. If Salnesh was using this area, there may be others like them. I will see if I can find anything else, and see if I can find a way to turn off that anti-magic field."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back