• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Terra nods slowly, saying, "I think . . . I think that there is a way to get down there past the first two security booths and their Skelebot guards. There is a spell that the Infiltrator can cast called Portal. It can open up a gateway between here and any other location up to eight hundred feet away for us to be able to sneak through. We can then use the camouflage cloaks to get to the door to lock down the room, so we only have the one batch of roaming guards to deal with. Once they are wiped out with extreme prejudice, we hit that power reactor with everything we have to get it on the edge of blowing up. I can then have the Infiltrator open up another portal to get us out, and then have the Automation finish off the reactor while we are all safely away."

She continues with, "We then go through the tunnels we used to get in, making our way to the Badger where we extract ourselves from the area with extreme caution. Hell, we have the resources there to sit and wait for the commotion to die down before going on the move if we have to. We then get ourselves back to Dweomer and tell our tale to the boss man and see how much booze we can all pack in before we pass out as we celebrate our successful mission. I see this as an absolute win."

"Could work, I'd say, from what he said." Eron nods in Snowfall's direction. "Faced worse odds before, at least, when we faced him, and yet we're still here, ready to go." Another pause. "If that's what we do, maybe we shouldn't wait - things might get worse before we act. Then again, it'd be good to look around a little more. Not like we can stop all the evil at once; but if we see a little more, maybe someone else will live in the future. Sure, the dragon had some form of intel, I reckon; but seeing another few projects might be more than he knows, thus far."

Terra gives a nod, saying, "Ok. Lets lock this in so we all know who's doing what where. We teleport in via the Portal spell. That will save Snowfall's PPE for our escape using his dimensional teleport. If we can sneak in undetected that will be ideal, but we have to assume that we're going to be spotted as we enter into the room; to do anything else is just asking for trouble. So, if we are lucky enough to be able to slip in undetected, we split up with me and my Infiltrator going to the reactor and I'll start setting the grenades in places that look like it will hurt."

"Eron and Snowfall, I want the two of you to provide cover for me as I work. Keep those Skelebots off my ass. To help with that, I can call forth a ectoplasmic dragon construct that can take a few hits and do some damage. Hmmm. Morrolan, I am sorry to say that I don't know your skill set as well as I'd like. Do you know how to handle explosives? Or have technical skills that would be helpful to me in destroying the reactor? If you don't, would you be willing to dive into the fray and help take down those Skelebots?"

Sherwood Sherwood

Morrolan shakes his head. "Sadly, I do not know much about grenades other than you pull a pin and throw it at your enemies. I also lack any mechanical or technical skills that would be helpful. If you wish to know about history or herbology, I can provide you with volumes of information. I may not have the detailed knowledge of explosives that you do, but I can follow instructions. If you wish to have an extra hand, I can roll up my sleeves and assist you in placing the grenades on things that look delicate and important."

"The alternative is that I use my spells to help out in facing the robots. I am not the most powerful mage there is, but I do have some small amount of martial skill that I can provide. What would be better for you, Ms. Terra?"

Terra looks to Eron and Snowfall. "What do you guys think? Those Skelebots aren't very tough by themselves, but there are a lot of them. Do you wish to have some extra firepower in dealing with them? Wipe them out before the blast door is raised up and we are faced with even more baddies out there? Between me and my extra set of hands here," she points a thumb at the Infiltrator, "I can get the reactor taken out no sweat."

Silanon Silanon and Purr Purr

Terra gives a nod, saying, "Ok. Lets lock this in so we all know who's doing what where. We teleport in via the Portal spell. That will save Snowfall's PPE for our escape using his dimensional teleport. If we can sneak in undetected that will be ideal, but we have to assume that we're going to be spotted as we enter into the room; to do anything else is just asking for trouble. So, if we are lucky enough to be able to slip in undetected, we split up with me and my Infiltrator going to the reactor and I'll start setting the grenades in places that look like it will hurt."

"Eron and Snowfall, I want the two of you to provide cover for me as I work. Keep those Skelebots off my ass. To help with that, I can call forth a ectoplasmic dragon construct that can take a few hits and do some damage. Hmmm. Morrolan, I am sorry to say that I don't know your skill set as well as I'd like. Do you know how to handle explosives? Or have technical skills that would be helpful to me in destroying the reactor? If you don't, would you be willing to dive into the fray and help take down those Skelebots?"

Snowfall muses, his seven white tails swishing. "Hmmm. The moment we cast even a single spell, the protection for that talisman goes bye-bye."

"First, there are some talismans that will dull the 'psychic smell' that we men (and women) of magic have that the Dog Boys can sense. What would normally be detectable hundreds of feet away, such as a powerful mage or a dragon, these little gems will reduce that sense range to just a score of feet, so long as the being does not engage in any active magic or psychic powers while wearing the talismans. Doing that will void the protection of the talisman, and the magic smell will be detectable from a long distance away."

Snowfall folds his fingers in thought. "Y'know, I deem it likely that someone in Lone Star will know something's up. I'm betting our clock starts right at that moment. I'd like to head back and find a good spot for us to Portal into before we do. Preferably one that the soldiers and Skellies won't be near? Put us near the alarm so we can lock everyone else out? Just go back there, wait patiently for a good moment, then zip back to you guys and then Portal in. Whaddya say?"

"Depending on how the whole area looks, we might be able to hide from them and get the reactor prepped without setting off any guards or needing to use the alarm. But first sign of trouble, I say we seal ourselves in."

"And just to make sure we're on the same page. I'm Dimensional hopping us outta here when the time comes?"

Terra looks to Snowfall and says, "Sounds like a good idea. If we can get into the reactor room undetected, that's golden. Otherwise we have to deal with that and let the chips fall where they may. One way or another, we have to get this done. Let's do this."

So I just want to be clear. The plan is for Snowfall to go and do a more detailed recon of the place for Terra's Automation to open a portal, correct? What are the rest of you doing while Snowfall is trapsing about?

Purr Purr Psychie Psychie Silanon Silanon

Terra will stand by with her Atlantian communication crystal at the ready, planning on using that to get a personal view of where she's going to be opening the portal to in order to get her, Morrolan and Eron through. She knows that Snowfall has one, and the range is well within its capabilities, so this should make for an error free portal jump.

There is only so much to do in front of a locked door - pacing around is one of the possibilities, and so that's what the Crazy does as he waits. With Shining Mirror in its sheath (holy white flames are many things, but not stealthy) and his other blade little more than a punch dagger at this point, he awaits the upcoming mess while faintly humming a melody. The free hand rests on the pouch around his neck, as if to make sure it is there; as long as it's there, he's prepared for whatever comes next.

Terra will stand by with her Atlantian communication crystal at the ready, planning on using that to get a personal view of where she's going to be opening the portal to in order to get her, Morrolan and Eron through. She knows that Snowfall has one, and the range is well within its capabilities, so this should make for an error free portal jump.
If Snowfall sees her pulling that out to use it, he very gently, but very swiftly and seriously smacks her hand! "Miss Terra! Nooo maaagiiic! That is unless you want your talisman's protection to end and you along with it when the Coalition hordes find us? Plus, if you use that thing to contact me, it'll break my talisman's protection too! Yip!"

Then he adds. "I sure ain't using mine for the same reason! But don't worry! I know right where you guys are - I'll be back before you know it!"

While Snowfall makes his second trip to the lower level, it leaves everyone waiting for word to move out. It seems to take forever, but in actuality it is only a few minutes before the spunky Kitsune returns to give his report on what he's seen. This Portal jump is going to be a crazy one, with the chance of immediate contact if you cannot manage to enter undetected.

According to his report, there is a few dead spaces that might be able to conceal your portal as you jump in, but it is no guarantee, especially since Terra is operating from just Snowfall's descriptions and is in effect teleporting blind. The good news here is that the portal spell will not drop you into a solid object, so you don't have to worry about that. It seems that the Skelebot roving patrol is more focused on watching the Omega Project cloned monsters and not anything else at the moment, giving you even better odds of making the jump undetected.

Psychie Psychie I am going to make what is effectively a Prowl roll for you in order to make the spell happen without tripping any alarms. What is your die roll, please?

With weapons in hand, Terra directs the Automation to open a portal through to the lower chamber based on Snowfall's description. The portal will only be open for fifteen seconds, but that is plenty of time for all of you to slip through to the other side before it vanishes.

An initial glance through the open portal shows that Snowfall's description is well made because there are no Skelebots (at the moment, at least) or scientists visible through the opening. But that being said, you are not 100% sure what is around you since you cannot see behind the portal. Hopefully you are clear.

Who is first through to the other side?

Snowfall, in his Cloud form, unless someone says otherwise. He slips through, and quickly looks about an all directions including behind the portal.

OOC Lets try this again.

Snowfall slips through the portal and looks about, and within only a few feet of the portal there are two men seated at workstations, focused on their work. But that will not last long if they manage to spot the portal or hear the sound of someone coming through. You have only seconds to decide what to do: Have the others come through or abort and try again? Or something else entirely?

Purr Purr

With the superhuman fleetness some spirits are known for, Snowfall turns back to his "old man" form and zips back to the other side of the portal just long enough to say, "Two eggheads! Come take 'em out! Quick!"

Then he zips back through the portal and the moment one of his party members comes through, Snowfall uses his Tai Chi to Push Open Hand the egghead away from his computers and into the nearest wall! "Let's see them reach their alarms from the floor!" he thinks. He hopes whomever takes on the second performs a similar manuever.

(OOC: After all, 15 seconds is one Round and we all have multiple actions during a Round, right? Let's do this!

Also, for Sherwood's convenience and that I forgot Tai Chi doesn't have a Sweep! Push Open Hand (Special! Essentially a knockdown strike that also does 1d6 damage. Any victim failing to counter the attack will be knocked back a number of feet equal to the attacker's Chi.

Snowfall currently has 73 Chi. That enough to bounce a guy off of a wall and have him land prone? =)
=)

Last edited:
Snowfall currently has 73 Chi. That enough to bounce a guy off of a wall and have him land prone? =)
IIRC, the distance that you push someone is one foot per point of Chi. So yes, that will send the guy flying into a wall where he'll hit hard, taking even more damage from the impact.

I forgot to mention that this is effectively a surprise round, and you guys all have a free action to use on these two before they can respond. Who's going through the portal next? Terra or Eron?

Terra does her best to slip through the portal silently, her Battle Fury blade in hand. She briefly considers trying to do something non-lethal to the scientist, but first, she lacks any such option in her arsenal, and second, this is one of the Coalition's lackeys, working to end lives of people just like her. Third, once the reactor goes up, everything and everyone in here will be dead, so all she's doing is stopping him from suffering.

With a quick lunge, she drives the blade through his back, then motions for Eron and Morrolan to follow into the room with the Infiltrator Automation in tow.

OOC not only is this a MDC strike, its a critical. Do I even need to roll damage?
MDC:
Talisman: 100
Invulnerability Tattoo: Not active yet
Battle Fury Blade Force Field: Not active yet.
Body Armor: 35

Hit Points: 54
SDC: 165
PPE: 145 +2d4 per level
Power Matrix: 80 PPE
PPE Battery: 50
PPE Battery: 50

Bonus Points: 9

Number of Attacks: 7
Strike: +12
Parry: +10
Dodge: +10
Roll: +10
Initiative: +6
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +3
Death Blow on a natural 19-20

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 10 / 5 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Initiative: +6
Damage: +2
Critical Strike on a 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Death Blow on a natural 19-20

Infiltrator Automation
Main Body MDC: 220
PPE Reserves: 120 / 30

Snowfall slides up to the side of his target and performs a flawless Open Hand Strike, doing minimal damage . . . right up to the point that the guy slams into the metal wall with a sickening thud and the crack of a few bones breaking. He then slides down the wall to lie in a heap on the floor.

Terra's sword strike is right on target, sliding easily through the seat back and into the body of the second scientist and out his front. He has enough time alive to look down at the bloody sword tip protruding from his ribs before slumping over with a death rattle. A pool of blood is now forming on the floor under his body from the horrible wounds inflicted on him.

At the moment, there are no other scientists or any Skelebots visible around this spot. Other than those two guys, this location was almost totally hidden from view.

OOC Unless Silanon Silanon has any reason not to, he will have to pass through the portal now or lose his chance to make it in time before it closes.

And speaking of the view, this is Eron's and Terra's first chance to actually look around down here. Peeking out from around the corner, you can see that Snowfall's description of the layout turns out to be fairly accurate. The portal worked perfectly, placing you inside the small reactor room that is providing an uninterrupted supply of nuclear power to the genetic cloning tanks making these Omega Beasts. Out in the chamber with the cloned creatures are more lab coated scientists and the roving patrol of the Skelebots. At the moment, there are no bots visible.

What do you guys do now?

Terra's sword strike is right on target, sliding easily through the seat back and into the body of the second scientist and out his front. He has enough time alive to look down at the bloody sword tip protruding from his ribs before slumping over with a death rattle. A pool of blood is now forming on the floor under his body from the horrible wounds inflicted on him.
Psychie Psychie
As Eron is acting, Snowfall witnesses the death of the Coalition scientist. Stabbed in the back. He would activate no alarms now for certain. But... Snowfall comes from a very different land than Atlantis and despite his long time there and his being a House Aurelous Tattooed Voyager, he still thinks with the mind of what he is - what he has always been - a Kitsune. A Japanese fox-spirit.

Snowfall in his old man form appears grim, but his eyes are wide open, eager to understand. "So," he quietly asks Terra, "to House Draco Amicus, these..." he displays the scientists, "...the Coalition forces are all... demons? Almost to be treated like vampires?" There is no judgment in his aged voice nor harshness in his white-haired face. Only curiosity.

Kitsune, as nearly all Japanese know, are always curious. =)

Last edited:
Terra shakes the excess blood from her sword as she looks over at Snowfall. Keeping her voice low, she says, "I take no pleasure in the death of these people, but the fact is that they are actively working to kill not only us, but everyone like us in this world. Once we seal the chamber and set the reactor to blow, everyone here will end up dead anyways. I just made it a little faster for that one man than the others." She looks around and says, "Lets keep our heads in the game here. Once we are discovered, things will get really busy very quickly."

"Lets keep our heads in the game here. Once we are discovered, things will get really busy very quickly."
In a way common to Japanese but absolutely foreign to most others not familiar to those ancient people, Snowfall replies with a kindly grin. "My head never left; it was my soul that had to ask! Heh!"

"I take no pleasure in the death of these people, but the fact is that they are actively working to kill not only us, but everyone like us in this world.
This seals it.

Snowfall pauses to take several moments of quiet contemplation to understand fully Miss Terra's meaning. Her family had asked Snowfall to join her for more reasons than one; Snowfall could only agree with them that Miss Terra would be wiser in some ways of this Rifts Earth world than he. Now, with her statement, the Kitsune believes she is showing it.

"So!" he exclaims softly while keeping himself out of sight. "Your answer is 'yes.' The Coalition States are to North America what the foul and heartless oni are to Japan - demons!"

He bows at the waist to his Atlantean teammate. "Forgive me, Miss Terra! As a servant to your honored family, I have failed you," he says from this position of real apology. "Allow me to rectify this matter immediately."

Snowfall slowly, almost casually, makes his way over to the dazed human he left alive. "Oni enter the universe with evil and cruelty inside of them, but humans are given the choice." Using his Supernatural Strength, he traps the man's neck between his knees and grabs his head with both of his aged hands. "Perhaps in your next life, you will prove wiser. Learn from this! Farewell!" Swiftly, Snowfall makes the Coalition scientist's head spin once all the way around, cleanly breaking the man's neck in a style he has seen the supernatural ninja of his homeland perform, if his technique is successful. Unlike the ninja who often have no need of it, Snowfall possesses superhuman strength.

Then he stands, bows his head and holds up his hands as he offers a prayer for the dead. "Namu."

Hiding the bodies in whatever place appears most practical, Snowfall looks to Miss Terra and, with a light smile on his lips, calmly asks. "Should I break out the explosives now?"

Psychie Psychie

Keeping herself behind cover, Terra whispers in a low voice, "You bet your sweet bippity that I want the explosives! Lets light this place up with so many bombs that we send these guys into orbit." She looks around, trying to spot some place that they can start to place the grenades that might do more damage to the sensitive equipment and set the reactor off in a massive explosion.

OOC So,should I make some Demo rolls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back