• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Morrolan gladly accepts the offered food and drink with a grateful smile, and tears into his meal with gusto. When Terra gives her rundown of what your mission is, he pauses in chewing as he listens. "To go into the heart of the beast - that is most certainly a risky venture. But if you are right in your suspicions, it would make for a very hard time for anyone in the Federation of Magic." He thinks, chewing his food slowly before saying, "If you think that I could be able to aid you without compromising your mission, I will do so gladly."
Snowfall smiles in delight for sharing food with a stranger is one of life's many rewards. An elf and Kitsune sharing a meal of Japanese food in North America! A long, long time ago before the Coming of the Rifts, this was a thing thought impossible and here it was!

Then thoughts of the Coalition enter into the Tattooed Voyager's mind. "Morollan, would you tell us what you know of these lands? Have you had the bad fortune to run into Emperor Prosek's Coalition out here?"

Morrolan looks over at Snowfall and answers with, "Yes, the Coalition has been a frequent issue in these parts. They would show up on occasion at the farm, waving their guns about, taking what they wanted while leaving just enough to let us survive, and being a general pain in the ass. The soldiers would always show up in such numbers that I didn't dare do anything to try and fight back; it would have just been the excuse that they wanted to initiate a slaughter of the farm."

He thinks for a moment, then adds, "Being this far north, we haven't had too many problems with vampires, but an occasional one has shown up now and then. Hmm. What else? We have not had many issues with bandits. The Coalition is always very harsh on them; one advantage to living in the shadow of Lone Star."

Morrolan asks, "What else do you wish to know? I will answer as best I can."

Terra takes another drink from her canteen before saying, "Lets get back to the Badger and continue this on the move. We're not getting paid by the hour here. Once we get to the Badger, we can break out our sneaky gear and show our newest member of the team how to use it all." She turns on her heel and starts to hike along, using her short range radio to call ahead and have the large APC drive in closer and meet them.

"Right, right... getting paid to save the world, I heard, so better to not botch it by lingering too long. As long as the spirits are satisfied, that is - bad enough that we have to deal with these." One sword points in the dead Aishwarra's direction, then he offers Morrolan a hand to pull him back to his feet - his first decisive action after mostly lingering around for the last few moments. Partially because diplomacy is other people's strength, most often - partially because this one Aishwarra was dispatched without too much trouble, which means that the coalition probably has a lot more in store than just one. They like to make solid plans, after all...

"Time to go, then. Welcome aboard. Quite the spacious car we have, no worries - it's just the destination that's a little bothersome, but that's why we're going there after all. Many villages around, here? And maybe a way to reach t hem at all? Warn them? Once we're done... the coalition might be in a foul mood."

"As long as the spirits are satisfied, that is -
"This spirit is plenty satisfied for the moment!" says the fox-spirit.

"Once we're done... the coalition might be in a foul mood.
Snowfall crosses his arms in doubt, but then catches himself. "Oh, Eron, since when has the Coalition ever been in a good mood-- Waaait." Snowfall rubs his whiskers.

"I don't think I like the idea of them being in a good mood. Maybe the fouler mood they are in, the more they are getting their butts kicked somewhere by the good guys!

I'm okay with that!"

Once you get back to the Badger and get everyone loaded inside, you return to your original path towards the Lone Star complex. It does not take long to break out the various stealth systems that you packed to show Morrolan how to use them, and he is thankful for the gear. After you have shown him how to use the equipment, he settles into a seat and returns to his meditating, trying to recover the PPE he lost to the Aishwarra.

As you drive, you can see on your maps that you are getting very close to your destination. It is lucky for you guys that Terra had the presence of mind to have the Techno Wizard upgrades of the sound suppression and the chameleon cloaking systems, because it has allowed you to be able to slow down and have a couple of different Coalition patrols pass you by without incident and not get spotted.

With the information that you have been told from your old friend Daisy about the hidden tunnels below the city, you are able to pull the Badger forward into a crevasse and power it down very near the entrance you are looking for. Your driver and gunner tell you that they will stick around and keep the Badger hidden for the next five days. After that, they will be forced to conclude that you are not coming back and will return to Dweomer and report back to Lord Brazamal about your loss. With any luck, you will be back long before that happens.

Right now, everyone is at full PPE and ammo. Don't forget that your camouflage cloaks will not prevent you from being heard, so being stealthy is a must if you wish to avoid alerting the whole base of your presence. Also, for Eron and Snowfall, your GB-7s will shred your camo cloaks if you use them under the flimsy material, so it will be a wise choice to leave them behind in order to be all sneaky, but it is still up to you.

Are you ready to move out, or is there anything you wish to do prior to going?

Purr Purr Silanon Silanon Psychie Psychie

Terra goes over her gear methodically, making sure that there are plenty of spare power cells for everything. For weapons, she will be packing her Force Cannon, Starfire pistol and her Battle Fury Blade, along with her cloaking gear and her four different Atlantian crystals. There will not be an opportunity to come back to the Badger and resupply once the alarm has gone off. It will be a messy fight, and she is fully expecting to have to blast their way out with the whole of the base on their asses.

For her Infiltrator, it is already equipped with the Lightning Staff, but she adds to it the Nova Rifle. Best to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

She looks over at Morrolan, Eron and Snowfall, saying, "Are you guys ready to go? I suspect that we will only have one chance to get this right, and I want everyone ready to put out 110% effort to make it through this."

Snowfall asks Morrolan. "Before we enter, have you heard anything about this complex or the surrounding areas? Even rumors?"

The elf shakes his head. "Sadly enough, no. I have done what I can to keep a low profile and stay away from the Coalition to avoid any unpleasant entanglements. I've never been this far south, so I know very little about the surrounding territory. I am sorry."

Terra gives a shrug. "No matter. I would have been surprised to hear that you had anything to tell us about this place, considering that you are both a DBee and a mage. If it were not for the greater need, I certainly would not be this close to any Coalition base. Well now. We have been told that there is a series of passages underground here that will lead us to the heart of the complex. All we have to do is brave the belly of the beast."

She takes a deep breath, then says, "I see no reason for us to delay any longer. Lets get in, get the job done, and get the hell out of here."

With the Badger well hidden in the small canyon, the four of you and Terra's Infiltrator Automation step out once more onto the Texas dirt. There is a hidden entrance somewhere here, and you just need to find it.

Everyone please give me some rolls. First, a Detect Concealment roll (if you have the skill, of course; if not, a strait percentile roll will do) and a Perception roll.

With the Badger well hidden in the small canyon, the four of you and Terra's Infiltrator Automation step out once more onto the Texas dirt. There is a hidden entrance somewhere here, and you just need to find it.

Everyone please give me some rolls. First, a Detect Concealment roll (if you have the skill, of course; if not, a strait percentile roll will do) and a Perception roll.
Roll for me, please!

Polyhedrons or bust!

Sexy My Love GIF by Bianka

No, not that kind of bust!

Polyhedrons or...

Ttrpg Success GIF by zoefannet

... you're still stuck on that top GIF, aren't you? =)

With the group spreading out to find an opening to these underground passages, it takes well over an hour of careful searching before Eron finds a crack in the earth hidden underneath a large pile of brush. It is a narrow opening, one that is far too small for Terra's other Automations that you left behind in Dweomer, but one that the four of you are able to squeeze yourselves into.

Inside, there is limited light for only a few feet in. After that, it grows very dark very quickly, making it a requirement for some other means of seeing or you will have to provide some source of light.

How do you with to proceed?

Terra leans down and peaks into the opening before climbing into it. Seeing no obvious threats, she slides into the gap and raises her rifle, assessing the situation. She says, "I'm going to need some light, but I'll keep it dim. Be ready for anything in here."

She holds out her hand and quickly spends a point of PPE to cast Lantern Light, creating a small globe of dim light, just bright enough for her to be able to see by. Terra sets it to float just above and behind her, so the light doesn't get into her eyes as she looks around.

Also, as a bit of preventative caution, she taps her Invulnerability Tattoo with the Power Matrix to double the duration of the magic.
Range: 10 feet (3 m); can light up a room.
Duration: 30 minutes per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: One
The Lantern Light spell creates a small sphere of light that is less brilliant but longer lasting than the Globe of Daylight. It floats within 10 feet (3 m) of the spell caster and can be mentally moved to hover at different angles and positions as the mage desires. This magic light may be thought of as a magical floating lantern or light bulb with a dimmer switch. The intensity of the light can be mentally adjusted to the equivalent of a 50 to 300 watt light bulb, whatever suits its creator.
Note: This is not sunlight, so it will not damage vampires nor keep them at bay.
Invulnerability Tattoo in effect for 160 minutes

Hit Points: 54
SDC: 165
PPE: 145 +2d4 per level / 144
Power Matrix: 80 PPE / 35
PPE Battery: 50

Bonus Points: 9
MDC 600

Number of Attacks: 7
Strike: +12
Parry: +10
Dodge: +10
Roll: +10
Initiative: +6
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +3
Death Blow on a natural 19-20

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 10 / 5 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Damage: +2
Critical Strike on a 19-20

She says, "I'm going to need some light, but I'll keep it dim. Be ready for anything in here."

She holds out her hand
Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Silanon Silanon

"Īe, Miss Terra!" ("No!" in Japanese)

The moment Terra utters these words, speedy Snowfall the Kitsune (now with a P.P. of 34 once I add Hand to Hand: HEMA in there!), a mystical spirit who senses magic and spirits just as easily as humans use their normal senses, reaches out and quietly but firmly smacks her hand to disrupt the spell, preferably before she even begins casting!

"Don't you remember? The talismans only protect us as long as we are not using magic!"

At first, Terra is somewhat irritated that Snowfall has disrupted her spell, then the truth of what he was saying sinks in. "Damn. I had forgotten about that. Thank you. I guess its time for a normal flashlight."

OOC I won't use my tattoo either, assuming that it is not too late.
Hit Points: 54
SDC: 165
PPE: 145 +2d4 per level /
Power Matrix: 80 PPE /

Bonus Points: 9
MDC
Body Armor: 35
Automation: 220

Number of Attacks: 7
Strike: +12
Parry: +10
Dodge: +10
Roll: +10
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Damage: +3

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 10 / 5 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Damage: +2
Critical Strike on a 19-20

Last edited:
"Damn. I had forgotten about that. Thank you. I guess its time for a normal flashlight."
"Yip! That's why we're a team, Terra-sama - to catch each other when we make mistakes. I won't be surprised if it is you who catches me in a blunder next time!"

Snowfall replaces his magical all-seeing helm to his Multi-optics helm and activates the thermal imaging setting. Looking about, he carefully draws one of his new NG-P7 suppressed particle beam rifles and holds it at the ready.

"We must stay frosty, people. This..." he waves a paw, "...is one of the most dangerous places in all of Lone Star, where the Coalition keeps its deadly secrets from people like us! There are only so many mistakes we will be allowed to make."

As they travel, he transforms his body to that of the short, young human man. Crouching down like a military soldier, barrel pointed at whatever his eyes are looking at, his gaze sweeping slowly from side to side, peering into corners first, Snowfall mumbles.

"Check those corners. Check those corners!"

A quick bump for Silanon Silanon I'll give some more time to post if you are busy before I move on with the others and Eron trail in the back.

As the four of you creep into the cave with the light of Terra's flashlight giving you some illumination, you start to see signs that there is something living in here. Tracks in the dirt along with discarded bones of small animals can be seen. A closer look at the tracks show that they are made by a medium-sized humanoid creature, and if its stride is any indicator, the creator of the tracks stand about four feet tall. The tracks are not made by one of the infamous Dog Boys; this is something different.

In another chamber, you can see signs in the tracks that they have been made by some many dozens of creatures walking about down here, and they appear to be relatively fresh. Without a doubt, you are not alone in here.

What do you do?

"Not good, I'd say - whatever they are, there seem to be a few. Best to avoid them, if possible. Always best to avoid trouble, unless it's him. And that's unlikely, with him dead and all..."

How are the caves here - many junctions, or straight-forward paths? Are there paths that are clearly less used, or not used at all? Eron has tracking if that helps.

The caves around you all appear to be naturally formed by ancient water flows, and so they are very twisty and turning about on themselves, including several junctions leading to other paths. This is a real maze, and it will take you some time to make your way through here to get to the complex you are searching for.

Silanon Silanon Go ahead and make your tracking roll. Lets see what you can deduce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back