• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Lucky Laki Malakis
67ca93d1d71ac84df999458639655aa7.jpg

Hello, thanks for taking the time to have a look at my little idea i attempted in the past and trying again. Will give the idea here but if there is sufficient interest I will write up a proper lore piece (mostly because I am still figuring out the smaller details). This weird west post-apocalyptic style adventure story where the world once a United Empire undergoing an industrial Revolution suffering a great magical cataclysm and was drastically altered in radical ways and still shifting and changing because of it. The world is patchwork landscapes and climates ranging from the desolate waste to lash rainforests rarely is one any safer than the next. It is not unusual for a landscape to change from an overgrown vision of hell with fire, lava and brimstone to a winter wonderland to a rain forest all in the space of a few miles.

There is only a few small areas where is magically stable enough for the remnants of civilisation to settle in and make a living. Though small nation exist, like the remnants of an empire, the landscape between these settlements is often to dangerous due to monster, mutants, bandits or magic itself so most are city states with their own laws and cultures. The only people who usually venture between settlements are caravans facilitating some trade between town, prospectors trying to pick the bones of the old empire, bandits and adventurers.

Magic users are present but are rare in a sense. It is dangerous to be a mage in this world, their connection to magic means there are more likely to be affected by the magical cataclysm. They either go mad or mutated to grotesque creatures, few have the strength to not be effected. There no formal training for mages unless you are part of the imperial remnant, those outside have to be self taught or what can be scrouged up from the imperial ruins. Be warned though due to the cataclysm and its dangers, mages are not well recieved by most settlement with each having their own ways of dealing with them. Some mages are killed from birth or are no better than beast of burden (those who know what a saarebas will get the idea).

The idea I have with this is a classic adventurer party with a quest. The quest being ending the storm of the great cataclysm. There are several ways we can do this either as a Caravan, group of merchants, mercenaries and couriers banded together for mutual profit serving as the only link between isolated bastions of civilization through the storms (those who are a ware of the game Vargus the Riven Realms will get the idea not mention know that I stole my idea from it). Or we can be part of faction working to end the storm. Or just a band of misfits brough together by chance or contract. I am open to ideas and suggestions.

Interesting!
A couple of questions:
What kind of mutations are we talking about with magic users?
Are the undead a thing?
And the concept I currently have in my opinion is a duo of characters. Is that acceptable?

Interesting!
A couple of questions:
What kind of mutations are we talking about with magic users?
Are the undead a thing?
And the concept I currently have in my opinion is a duo of characters. Is that acceptable?

Great to hear!

Can be anything really from deformation to elemental creatures to monstrous forms.

Undead yes are indeed a thing. From skeletons and zombies mostly due to the cataclysm. There is necromancy school of magic but is forbidden in the empire and any study is underground and is the source of vampires.

Yep as many characters as you can handle.

Potentially interested.
I'm wondering what kind of weapons would be available (if we can carry one). Mundane firearms? Magically enchanted stuff?

Potentially interested.
I'm wondering what kind of weapons would be available (if we can carry one). Mundane firearms? Magically enchanted stuff?

So as said it is western inspired world so you have your weapons that they imply e.g revolvers, repeaters , bolt action rifles. Bare in mind that these were state of the art at the time before the cataclysm so they may be common but so you will find some classic flintlock weapons about and there still a tradition of carrying melee weapons such as swords and such particularly if you are upper class or from certain military background. Magically infused weapons are a thing but is mostly tied to melee weapons, magic was the weapon of the elite and weapons like guns were the great equaliser as you will see in the lore. Mages may infuse melee weapons or bullets with elemental effects but you won't find a magically infused bullet massed produced if that makes sense.

Great to hear!

Can be anything really from deformation to elemental creatures to monstrous forms.

Undead yes are indeed a thing. From skeletons and zombies mostly due to the cataclysm. There is necromancy school of magic but is forbidden in the empire and any study is underground and is the source of vampires.

Yep as many characters as you can handle.

Been meaning to work on my vampire necromancer.. hmm! I’m intrigued!

A little bit of Lore

and the character thread:

and OOC

This... this sounds amazing. Cowboy-magi-punk?

I‘m off to read the lore and such! If you‘re still accepting I’ll probably work up a CS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back