• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Revelations - 'Like Gods Stirring the Celestial Hot-Pot' [OOC Thread]

Characters
Here
Other
Here

II-CinderRadcliff-II

Kitsune of the North
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
CODE BY SEROBLISS
Welcome to the Revelations OOC!
While traversing the vast universe of Cosima is certainly an adventure, traveling through the depths of space leaves quite a bit of downtime in-between destinations. Grab a cold drink, kick your feet up, and chat with those along for the ride, for this is where we'll be spending our free time when the allures of rest call upon us. Welcome aboard the KNSA Mark I - AKA The Cloud Cruiser.

KNSA Mark I - Cloud Cruiser.jpg

Now operated by the God of Cosmos' mortal vessel, this piece of rustic tech was found abandoned in the depths of space - with what remained of its crew sealed off in cryostasis due to the life support system on board suddenly failing. It was one of this new universes first attempts at reaching out to other civilizations, and has been commandeered by Stella before being repaired and refurbished for this new journey across the universe. As for the crew still stuck in Cryostasis, they'll be awakened once their journey across the universe brings them back to this ships planet of origin... Hopefully at least.

excited to see where this goes. I already a character idea brewing in my head

Howdy y’all, still brainstorming world and character ideas but I hope to get everything ironed out by the end of the weekend.

Quick question: Are gods from different universes allowed? The character I'm brainstorming is similar to a Greek muse so it won't be too powerful.

Quick question: Are gods from different universes allowed? The character I'm brainstorming is similar to a Greek muse so it won't be too powerful.
Demigods would be, but Gods in general will only be available as NPCs. My thoughts on Gods would be that they would all reside within the domain from where they overlook the new universe, known only for its unique Realm Type of Divine Sanctuary. If a Demigod turns into a God later in the roleplay you can still roleplay as them though.

Thanks! Glad to hear; quick question, what is the different between Skills and Abilities? I tried to guess what they were but figured I should ask.
Skills are habits, mind sets, learned behaviors, and/or knowledge that plays a part in day to day life, and they're able to be used independently to achieve what a character wants to do. These won't have limitations for use, as they're normally limited in scope when used on their own (As an example: A chef can cook a vast array of foods, but can only cook so many things at any given time)

Abilities are the result of combining multiple skills together. These can range in their scope and effectiveness based on what skills are used, though the more powerful or useful the ability the greater the cost is for using it (As an example: Combining in-depth knowledge of firearms with strategic planning, coaching , teamwork, coordination, and leadership skills would allow a character to train and lead soldiers to form an army under their command, but the cost is time and money spent on supplying the soldiers with guns, ammunition, and compensation for soldiers unable to continue serving)

I'll admit, this has proven to be a considerable test of my brainpower. I'm quite confused on Realms, Origins, and the details required therein. Been playing way too much Metal Gear Solid and it's been on my mind for a considerable while- I do know fandom worlds and characters are discouraged, yet I have no idea how to proceed with any original works of my own in regards to worldbuilding as I have never been good at it. I've got a character that's right on the template of Venom Snake (with the main difference being as a corpo clone of a long-dead soldier rather than a double of that soldier)- but I'm entirely unsure of how to proceed with ensuring a meaningful divergence so it isn't a total 1:1. Equipment and realm history I've got down as a draft, however. Other than that, I find myself at a moot point. If it any point this seems like it isn't going to work (with your judgement), I already have another character I am planning to use should this fall through.

I'll admit, this has proven to be a considerable test of my brainpower. I'm quite confused on Realms, Origins, and the details required therein. Been playing way too much Metal Gear Solid and it's been on my mind for a considerable while- I do know fandom worlds and characters are discouraged, yet I have no idea how to proceed with any original works of my own in regards to worldbuilding as I have never been good at it. I've got a character that's right on the template of Venom Snake (with the main difference being as a corpo clone of a long-dead soldier rather than a double of that soldier)- but I'm entirely unsure of how to proceed with ensuring a meaningful divergence so it isn't a total 1:1. Equipment and realm history I've got down as a draft, however. Other than that, I find myself at a moot point. If it any point this seems like it isn't going to work (with your judgement), I already have another character I am planning to use should this fall through.
While fandom characters are indeed discouraged, anyone is allowed to use them in this thread should worldbuilding or character drafting prove too much of a struggle. If you have any questions about the character sheet, I'll be glad to answer them when I can.

Oh, another question: for Realms/settings where civilization hasn't really spread from one planet, how should we handle the realm questions?

Oh, another question: for Realms/settings where civilization hasn't really spread from one planet, how should we handle the realm questions?
The information for both the Realm itself and the Planet of Origin would match then. If I haven't made it clear, the word Realm in this thread refers to the space containing everything that used to be its own universe, while the Planet of Origin refers to where a character was born and raised.

II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

Alright, so the setting I'm using has two primary civs that are each interstellar and control thousands of worlds, and they both have a population of about a trillion or so, but the wider galaxy also has quite a few undiscovered alien nations. I think I'm just going to have the realm information only include the main human faction since that'd probably be a little easier for me.

II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

K sooooo like just put up a wip for my charrie. She a shamanic supersoldier that was an escaped top secret experiment. The world is AU earth where an alien invasion has taken place and has taken out the majority of military superpowers of the world and the elite tier superheroes of the world have fallen. So now a bunch of superpowered people along with her former supersoldier siblings are gonna team up and fight back in desperation. But their jobs are to find the weakness of the aliens and then come up with a counterstrike plan.

II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II soooo like just wanna know before continuing with my CS that her powers are all good so far?
Her powers are really interesting, gives me psychonaughts vibes. The only one that seems a little too strong is Spirit Walk, as taking complete control over someone's dreamscape is a bit too much. I'd suggest rewording it to influence as opposed to control to allow those it's used on to still have some control, but other than that everything else looks good.

Her powers are really interesting, gives me psychonaughts vibes. The only one that seems a little too strong is Spirit Walk, as taking complete control over someone's dreamscape is a bit too much. I'd suggest rewording it to influence as opposed to control to allow those it's used on to still have some control, but other than that everything else looks good.
i dont play video games but the concept of psychonaughts is like yeah basically what she does lol. k can i just leave it in that she is that powerful but leaving her AU earth she'll get nerfed to 'influence' when not on her home world?

like its part of the backstory that the group she is in has certain powers that will help to workaround the alien defenses. And thinkin that since she knows that she is a key piece that being abducted by the Cloud Cruiser will make her instantly resistant to leaving home. Then like she has to deal with that like gnawing feeling in the pit of her stomach kinda like survivors guilt cuz she made it off the planet but like no one else did.

Like i wont touch her OP level in this RP but it will be like a sore point of shame for her to think that they had a chance but no. Nope. here she is gets to live her life wondering what happened to her planet cuz she cant access anyones dream cuz she off planet. Sad. Sad feels for my girlie.

lmk

i dont play video games but the concept of psychonaughts is like yeah basically what she does lol. k can i just leave it in that she is that powerful but leaving her AU earth she'll get nerfed to 'influence' when not on her home world?

like its part of the backstory that the group she is in has certain powers that will help to workaround the alien defenses. And thinkin that since she knows that she is a key piece that being abducted by the Cloud Cruiser will make her instantly resistant to leaving home. Then like she has to deal with that like gnawing feeling in the pit of her stomach kinda like survivors guilt cuz she made it off the planet but like no one else did.

Like i wont touch her OP level in this RP but it will be like a sore point of shame for her to think that they had a chance but no. Nope. here she is gets to live her life wondering what happened to her planet cuz she cant access anyones dream cuz she off planet. Sad. Sad feels for my girlie.

lmk
She'll presumably still be able to communicate with them off planet and outside of the Realm, they just wouldn't be able to change peoples dreams on a whim. My grip with the ability specifically refers to the sentence 'Like a goddess she will manipulate and contort the Dreamspace as she sees fit', as in the ability a sentence prior it says that she can enter other peoples dreamscapes and attack them in there. The ability would be fine if she only had some control over their dreams as she'd still being able to interact with and warp parts of it to her will, but for her to take complete control would make for one-sided fights should she ever use the ability on another character.

Hopefully you see the point I'm trying to make, so I ask that you edit the ability directly and remove the godlike control over dreams she has currently. We will be revisiting everyone's home world at least once during the RP, so allowing to exist as is will only act as a temptation once that time arrives.

She'll presumably still be able to communicate with them off planet and outside of the Realm, they just wouldn't be able to change peoples dreams on a whim. My grip with the ability specifically refers to the sentence 'Like a goddess she will manipulate and contort the Dreamspace as she sees fit', as in the ability a sentence prior it says that she can enter other peoples dreamscapes and attack them in there. The ability would be fine if she only had some control over their dreams as she'd still being able to interact with and warp parts of it to her will, but for her to take complete control would make for one-sided fights should she ever use the ability on another character.

Hopefully you see the point I'm trying to make, so I ask that you edit the ability directly and remove the godlike control over dreams she has currently. We will be revisiting everyone's home world at least once during the RP, so allowing to exist as is will only act as a temptation once that time arrives.
K gotcha. Yeah, its dream fights and nobody gets killed but I see you. And dint know charries would still be returning to their homeworld. i'll change it cuz yeah, she'd defo use it vs. the aliens. But I'mma still nerf the communications back to her home world. i want some kinda drama for her not knowing whats happening and worrying about a global human extinction is pretty bad as it gets lol. See if she cracks.

And just checking for assests thats like assets as in people/orgs with contacts, allies, etc that help you right? Or is it like things you own?

K gotcha. Yeah, its dream fights and nobody gets killed but I see you. And dint know charries would still be returning to their homeworld. i'll change it cuz yeah, she'd defo use it vs. the aliens. But I'mma still nerf the communications back to her home world. i want some kinda drama for her not knowing whats happening and worrying about a global human extinction is pretty bad as it gets lol. See if she cracks.

And just checking for assests thats like assets as in people/orgs with contacts, allies, etc that help you right? Or is it like things you own?
Assets as in things you own but can't carry on your person such as like houses, land, cars, etc. Could also apply to other possessions should debts or court orders warrant it, though for the purposes of this RP it'll primarily refer to buildings and property of value.

I think I've got Mickey done, let me know if I've forgotten or overlooked anything.

Assets as in things you own but can't carry on your person such as like houses, land, cars, etc. Could also apply to other possessions should debts or court orders warrant it, though for the purposes of this RP it'll primarily refer to buildings and property of value.

k thinkin like im done my girlie too. lmk whats good k?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back