• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Yhmera

Lok'Tar
1615052978495.png
... is set in the land of Rokugan (also known as the Emerald Empire), based in the time of feudal Japan, where samurai, shugenja (magic user), and trained courtiers fight for control of the noble courts. Rokugan itself is home mostly to humans, divided into a society based on clans, with eight Great Clans and various minor ones. They are regularly threatened by evil plots from within, but the main threat still lies to the southwest of Rokugan: the deadly wastes of the Shadowlands, where demonic hordes of demons, onis, and taint roam. There are 5 rings scattered among the major clans. One ring for each element and gives the holder unnatural powers along with the ability to speak with the Kami (gods). Now everyone in the lands are in search for the mythical rings to call forth aid from the Kami once more.
Rokugan is an empire that covers the known world in the era of feudal Japan. There are lesser empires like the Burning Sands and the Ivory Kingdom but all who live in peace with the empire stay in Rokugan.

The lands of Rokugan are broken up into 8 regions and are watched over by the 8 greater clans. There are a few minor clans that almost rival the great clans but they are made up of nonhumans and usually not trusted.

Rokugans tranquility and balance of power always hangs by a thread; For the only real threat to the mighty empire is the Shadowlands. This is the place where the evil god Fu Leng fell and started to spread his corruption. His power is even felt within Rokugan as the slowly spreading taint corrupts members of the clans. Fu Lengs only goal is to take over all that he sees.

Last edited:
Rules
No more than 2 characters per person
Please be active. past as least 2-3 times a week
Minimum of 2 paragraphs (10 full sentences) per post
Each post needs to include location and who you are interesting with
Drawn or anime pictures only please.

The Durr Rules
Follow TOS
No godmodding (auto hitting/ killing characters)
If it's not clearly stated in the post then it didn't happen.
Be respectful

Rules are subject to change.

Last edited:
Back Story

In the beginning there was nothing. Eventually, the Nothing receded, and into existence came beings of vast, almost unknowable power. Amaterasu, the Lady Sun, and Onnotangu, the Lord Moon, were the greatest of these, and together, husband and wife gave names to all that was, creating the mortal realm of Ningen-do, as well as many other spirit realms and all that dwelled within them. Thus it was that the universe was born.

Lady Sun and Lord Moon had ten children, sons and daughters who were much beloved by their mother. Their father, however, recognized that the children had the potential to grow more powerful than he, and that their mother loved them more than him. These were unacceptable circumstances, and the anger and jealousy grew. To keep his children in check he created one more realm. Jigoku, the Realm of Evil.

But Jigoku wasn't like the other realms. It was a living realm and it's blood was Taint, a living manifestation of evil and hatred. Using taint, Jigoku could influence the mortal world and even the Kami. With great sadness Lady Sun locked up Lord Moon and one of her children who fell under the influence of the Taint.

To insure that the mortal world, Ningen-do, wouldn't fall victim to Jigoku and the taint she sent down her children. They help to influence man and created the Empire. Before leaving, the Kami left behind 5 artifacts. Large golden rings that transformed based on the wielder were left. One ring for each of the elements. Earth, Fire, Air, water, and Void.

But that was over a thousand years ago. The current location of the Rings are unknown. No one has seen or heard from the Kami in all this time.

~{Seeds of Deception}~
It's been more than a thousand years since the Kami fell to the Earth and the clans were formed. The Empire, Rokugan, lives in peace. But that peace is fragile and always hanging by a thread. For some, the only real threat is the Shadowlands. After all, it was the dark Kami who fell and created the festering pit that gives life to the unholy abominations. Taint, a dark miasma-like substance spews forth and corrupts any it touches. Turning them into twisted demons and monsters.

But that's not the only threat to the Empire. The Clans depend on one another. The Crane have wealth, the Lion leads the arms, the Crab defined the lands. But what would happen if they couldn't trust? Could rely on each other anymore?

During the last court session with all the courtiers, a Blood Seaker(a demon-like thing) had infiltrated the Palace. She was only discovered when folds of skin started to slip from place. Before she poisoned herself, she told the Emperor an allied clan let her in and told her where the palace was at it's weakest. A mixture of rage and fear-filled his eyes as he ordered the dismissal of everyone on staff. But who to turn to? The Scorpion who trades in secrets and deception? The mysterious Dragons whose full powers are yet to be revealed?

Little skirmishes have begun to break out between the clans. Trade agreements are starting to break down. No one is going to the aid of the other in fear they could be working with the Shadowlands. Is one of the Daimyo tainted? Maybe someone who's become tainted and is now under the influence of the dark god himself? Only time will tell who is friend and who is foe.

1615063158341 (1).png
Akko rode her war steed along the lion unicorn border. Only the river separated the lands. Not that she cared. Today was the first real day she had the ability to get out for a while. Large lazy clouds hung aloft in the pale blue sky. The river roared with life as the waters went rushing by. As if in a hurry to reach their final destination. Faint scents of camellia and kaneshon filled the air with their gentle fragrance. As the hooves of her black mount pounded against the ground, Akko kept her eyes locked onto the skies above. Trusting the horse to stay the course and ensure their safety.

She might be a warrior for the unicorn clan. But what she longed for was too sore free like the hawk she watched up above. Each echoing cry was like the hawk proclaiming its freedom to the world. Suddenly the bird veered off across the river where Akko couldn't follow. Slowly she pulled her horse to a stop, watching the hawk fade from sight. Crossing the borders wasn't forbidden but it was hard to do with the river separating the lands. Only a few bridges closed the gaps and were under heavy guard. Always making the trip a hassle for both sides. "Come on Tallar, let's go home." With a gentle tug on the reins, they started to turn. Pausing only when some distant commotion disturbed the serenity of her day.

With a frown, she turned back around and started riding once more. They weren't far from the larger of bridges and it sounded like there could be trouble. Sure enough, as the bridge came into view, there was a small pack of ratlings attacking a traveling group trying to cross from the Unicorn lands to the Lion. No guards in sight. "Stop! Unhand them." Akko cried out as she quickly knocked an arrow. She could get one, maybe two before being in combat range. Still that would leave her greatly outnumbered. But that didn't explain why the bridge was left unguarded to begin with.

{Shinjo Akko} {Location: on the unicorn lion border} {With: no one} {Profile}​

Last edited:
Hanako sat down on her knees in hGreeting_at_the_entrance.jpger room after finally reaching the official residential area of Lion Clan in Otosan Uchi, the Imperial City. Thankfully no one was around to see her smirk, for she still hadn't gotten used to living at one of the primary houses in the inner city, her pride getting the best of her. The one thing she found that was distracting her from this pleasure was the intense exhaustion she had from the weight of her armor and wearing it all day. Many a times she was told by friend and foe alike to not bother, for no one's going to kill an emissary…but Hanako was stubborn, and naturally paranoid. The woman then sighed at herself before raising her voice a little bit ''Aiko.'' and not two seconds passed as a servant girl pushed open the shoji and stepped inside, head low, not daring to look Hanako in the eyes ''Yes, Hanako-Sama?'' The lion ambassador then simply pushed away her top robe, revealing the straps holding the armor together and also removed the metal ring holding her her, it falling freely on her shoulders, needing to be brushed. The symbolism being quite clear and Aiko immediately bowed before scurrying behind the armored Lady Wolf and starting to help with the armor removal. Hanako herself returning to her smirking. She was perfectly capable of removing it herself, but what the hell, if you have servants, use them. As Aiko did her job, Hanako simple relaxed and took a deep breath, smelling fresh parchment and dinner being prepared somewhere not too far away.

A few chattering voices could be heard nearby, probably other Lion Clansmen but they soon faded away and Hanako exhaled ''So…what's the latest.'' Hanako asked her handmaiden casually. ''The unicorn border. The tea-house owner at Toshi no Meiyo Gisei says that bridge guardsmen arrived with brand new horses…but then hours later, Unicorn guardsmen arrived looking for them. There was a… dispute.'' Aiko relayed the gathered information to Hanako as calmly as she could, but she wasn't a spy, only a messenger, therefor her voice was a little uneven and rushing. Hanako snapped her head to the side, wanting to know more, her left eye meeting Aiko's for a moment ''And? Calm down, Aiko, it's only a message, we're in no rush.'' She tried to calm down her still green maid, but no matter. She had vetted the girl and it was only the matter of time they become comfortable with each other. Aiko then swallowed before unbuckling the last strap on Hanako's armor and started to brush the lady's medium length hair. ''It turned out that horses had somehow wandered from the Unicorn lands into those of the Lion and the Lion guardsmen claimed them as their own, knowing that they had come from the other side of the river. The unicorn men didn't agree to this and a fight started. Both parties killed each other…i-in the streets. The remaining garrison claimed the horses…and tha-that's it.'' Hanako raised a hand to stop her from speaking more ''I don't care about who got the horses, was it in plain view?'' Aiko nodded ''I'm told there was a crowd.'' Hanako bit her bottom lip lightly. A dispute with the Unicorn is not in her clan's best interest, that's for sure. ''That means the news will reach their Daimyo soon…and if any of my countrymen, Kami forbid - the Daimyo, decide to negotiate, they're gonna screw it up.'' Hanako would grunt lightly, rubbing her eyes. She felt some of the weight of her armor get release from her back and just like that, she also felt her brain become...lighter. This situation must be treated with the utmost precaution, she thought to herself. ''When you head back, tell the stable hand to ready Kizi…and have two of guardsmen ready to ride with me early morning, we've a long ride ahead of us. If anyone asks, I've gone to see my father in his old age, or any other lie, although that might be the best one…he lives there. Thank you, Aiko. You may go.'' And with that done, Hanako finished removing her armor just as Aiko stopped brushing the hair, bowed deeply ''At once, Hanako-Sama.'' and walked backwards, out the shoji before closing them, leaving Hanako with her thoughts.

{Akodo Hanako} {Location: Lion Clan Residence, Imperial City} {With: Aiko(NPC) } {Profile}

The wet dog smell warned him--Junjou started anyway as they unwrapped their cowl to reveal the head of a rodent.

"If you are the Folded Crane then I am in need of your service," Ikki said in a single breath. The next moment, she was prostrated before him with enough exhaustivity that she folded in on herself, muzzle to the bar floor and knees tucked into her chest.

It all inspired a lot of feeling in Junjou though the moment's notice was in her matted hair, the soaked-through state of her robes, and what the sleeves promptly revealed as a hastily-wrapped injury. "Get off of the floor," he urged in a hiss. "If you are more than an animal, you'll let me find someone to redress your wound."

She ignored him. "I have lost brothers. I am alone in your land. I cannot fail this mission. Please..."

"What on earth would you want me to do?"

Junjou watched the line of bowed heads in front and around them. The lull in travel gave him space to stretch the joints of his arms and think. Ikki lingered at his right; he was angled to see her, but she continued to plod entrenched in the crowd with her head down. Ready to demean herself as a servant to a master, but not to look him in the eye.

The odd pair had assumed safety in numbers with a group of priests to whom Junjou bowed and described his own pilgrimage. (Ikki stood by silently while concealing her face and hands.) Since setting into civilization, they had altogether adopted the vow of silence, and occasionally the clash of a bell would sound from the front of the promenade. An honorary procession: someone--someones--had been killed in the city. He had wondered who, what for, until the the hairs on Junjou's neck had stood on end.

Now, he leaned towards Ikki. "Something is wrong," he whispered. Her tensed posture implied she was aware.

It was about that time the first of the ratlings emerged, slinking around the brush like snakes and popping from stepping-stones towards them, arms glinting. Fortunately, Junjou and Ikki were in the throngs of the crowd. He, the older one, crashed through, found Ikki curled behind a shrine, ankle deep in shallow water, and breathing hard.

The ratling's fur stood on end and her eyes bugged. "They-they-they..." She was muttered inconsolable.

"Are those yours?" Junjou muttered, lying low beside her.

"My...my-my... What? What are you asking?"

"Ick-i-tick--whoever--are they part of your tribe?"

"Oh-I do not know... They... why are they...?"

"You're overwhelmed,"
Junjou attempted to empathize. Out of your depth, his tone implied.

"What do I do-was it my fault?" Ikki's self-reproach came suddenly. She had withdrawn the gnarled "memory-stick" from its sheath on her back and had begun wringing it with her hands.

"If they have their own business, don't bother with them. They're rogues like any other, taking advantage of the lack of guards." Junjou craned over their cover to catch the quick flits of movement near the bridge. He was able to make out a head of wind-strewn hair from a figure elevated on a steed as well as hear the projection of her voice, thinking both with relief they and the priests weren't alone but with uncertainty over the potential escalation of the situation.

{ Junjou Zurui } { Ikkitch'tch } { Location: Unicorn-Lion Border | Bridge-side Garden } { With: Distant lady on a horse }

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back