• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Regions of Rokugan~ character sheets

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Yhmera

Lok'Tar
No more than 2 characters a person.
Please read the world info/ lore for the clans and classes.
Drawn or anime pictures only
feudal Japan setting (NOT MODERN)

Please fill out and want for a 🍪 to start posting.
If you don't get a 🍪 then you should get a PM with anything that might need to be fixed before posting.

Code:
(img goes here)

【.main info.】

❖ f u l l n a m e:
❖ n i c k n a m e s:
❖ a g e:
❖ g e n d e r:
❖ r a c e:
❖ c l a n:
❖ c l a s s:

【.major info.】

❖ s t r e n g t h: ( how good are you with your weapons? What weapons or powers do you like to use? What type of combat are you the best at?)
❖  w e a k n e s s: (Everyone has weaknesses)
❖  a b l i t i e s:
❖  p o w e r s: (for tattooed monks or nonhuman)
❖   k i h o s: (spells for shugenja)

【.equipment info.】

❖ w e a p o n (s): (IF ANY)
❖ a r m o r: (IF ANY)

【.character description.】

❖ h e i g h t:
❖ w e i g h t:
❖ e y e c o l o r:
❖ h a i r c o l o r:
❖ s k i n c o l o r:
❖ b o d y  t y p e:
❖ m a r k i n g s:

【. psychological description.】

❖ p e r s o n a l i t y:
❖ l i ke s:
❖ d i s l i k e s:
❖ q u o t e:
❖ t h e m e s o n g:
❖ b a t t l e t h e m e:

【.background information.】
(minimum of two paragraphs)

Last edited:
1615063158341.png

【.main info.】
❖ f u l l n a m e: Shinjo Akko
❖ n i c k n a m e s: None
❖ a g e: 22
❖ g e n d e r: Female
❖ r a c e: Human
❖ c l a n: Unicorn
❖ c l a s s: Cavalry

【.major info.】
❖ s t r e n g t h:
1. Mounted combat
2. Archery
❖ w e a k n e s s:
1. Doubts yourself in her abilities
2. Always speaks her mind (a little too honest)

❖ a b l i t i e s:
An expert marksmen. Renowned for her mounted combat skills.
Double Arrow- Once every few posts she can shout 2 arrows with a good chance of hitting two different targets.
Far Shot- Can hit a target up to 100 feet away with deadly accuracy.
Poison Arrows- a hand full of arrows are tipped in a sleeping poison. It's not meant to kill the target, only slow and subdue the target.
Fire Arrows- A hand full of arrows will burst into flames as they fly through the air. Best used for long-ranged shots.

❖ p o w e r s: (None, not a monk or nonhuman)
❖ k i h o s: (none, not a shugenja)

【.equipment info.】
❖ w e a p o n (s): Yumi- Japanese long bow, zanbato (a long sword for mounted combat), tantō (a type of short sword)
❖ a r m o r: (IF ANY) Dō-maru, Japanese style armor

❖ h e i g h t: 5.3
❖ w e i g h t: 137
❖ e y e c o l o r: Black
❖ h a i r c o l o r: raven black
❖ s k i n c o l o r: bronzed
❖ b o d y t y p e: athletic, toned and trained for battle
❖ m a r k i n g s: scar on the left cheek.

❖ p e r s o n a l i t y:
Stubborn, hard headed, and barbaric are terms often used to describe Akko. She is willful to a fault. That doesn't mean there isn't a softer side to her. It's just a side that's not often seen. Akko is a loyal friend once that trust has been given. Quick to aid those in need.
❖ l i ke s:
1. The fall
2. Riding her steed
3. swimming
❖ d i s l i k e s:
1. Overly spicy food
2. Combat
3. Courtier
❖ q u o t e: “Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world that exists outside ourselves and our dreams.”
❖ t h e m e s o n g: mix
❖ b a t t l e t h e m e: war tunes

Shinjo, the name of the Kami that fell and formed the first nomadic clans of the Unicorn. It's also Akko's Family name. The branch that still claims blood ties to the Kami herself. But it's normally someone from the Moto branch that held the title of Daimyo. For the Moto branch are the most barbaric of the lines and greatly feared.

Lord Moto Mitu still young and in his prime was shot down by an oni. Killed before a successor could be named. So all the branches got together and held a contest to see who was most fit to lead next. Although Akko was still very young, she was the best in mounted combat and archery. So for the Shinjo clan she was chosen.

The sky grew dark on the day of the contest. The winds roared with fury. Some wanted to call it off. But the Moto branch wouldn't have it. The next Daimyo would have to fight in any kind of condition, lead the people, and watch the herds. And so with much hesitation, the contest began. Each with their own unique skills to try and win the prized title.

But during the test of champions, something came from the clouds. A flying oni that looked much like a giant grey bat with hawk-like talons. It swooped down and snatched the Moto Clan champion. Without hesitation, Akko loaded two arrows and let them fly. One striking the oni between the eyes and killing it. The other striking the tension line of the tent. The slowly collapsing tent cushioned the fall of the moto clan champion.

There was no doubt, Shinjo Akko was the new Daimyo of the clan. That was almost 7 years ago., She is now 21 years old and full of unspoken doubt about the future of her clan. The Next rightful hair for Daimyo is of age and it's time to relinquish the title. Still many seak to follow her still. And now with talks about Blood Seakers walking about in Rokugan, she faces uncertainty and indecision for the first time.

Last edited:
Lady Hanako of house Akodo

pxaV0H9ry3--DwfpErC8cruykzWwmu3hkPmkXt3Gxgw.jpg

❖ f u l l n a m e: Akodo Hanako
❖ n i c k n a m e s: Lady Wolf
❖ a g e: 25
❖ g e n d e r: Female
❖ c l a n: Lion Clan
❖ c l a s s: Courtier(Politician)/Samurai

❖ s t r e n g t h:
  • Despite hailing from the Lion clan, the warrior clan, she isn't keen on practicing traditional Kenjutsu, but a less honorable art, that of the Tanto.
  • Hanako actively tries to avoid combat, yet when push comes to shove, she can be quite surprising with her speed and pin-point accuracy with her two daggers.
  • The Lady Wolf has also been known to study poisons…for whatever reason, few can speculate.
❖ w e a k n e s s:
  • Considered a little barbaric by most, despite her civilized upbringing. Wearing a wolf pelt and her armor in her day-to-day activities, despite not being a fighter, does not help her win over friends in courts.
  • Untrusting of other races.
  • Despite her wearing armor all day, it is designed lightweight and against unprofessional attacks. A true seasoned warrior wouldn't find it a problem to get through it at all.
  • Deceitful and sometimes considered dishonorable
❖ a b l i t i e s:
  • A competent politician.
  • Military Tactician
  • A backdoor schemer
❖ p o w e r s:
No apparent powers.

【.equipment info.】

❖ w e a p o n (s):
  • Two ornate Tanto, one openly attached around her waist the other hidden inside her robe.
❖ a r m o r:
  • Lightweight Scale Armored shirt and long-skirt.
  • Leather arm bracers.
  • A steel plate shoulder-guard on her left shoulder.

❖ m o u n t:
  • A gray stallion, Kizi.

❖ h e i g h t: 171 cm / 5 ft 7
❖ w e i g h t: 58 kg / 128 lb
❖ e y e c o l o r: brown
❖ h a i r c o l o r: black
❖ s k i n c o l o r: ivory
❖ b o d y t y p e: average hourglass
❖ m a r k i n g s: a scar of a wolf-bite on her right forearm
❖ p e r s o n a l i t y: A ruthless, strong willed, dominant woman with high ambitions and great love for her clan and people but not their traditions, seeing them as too attached to honor. Despite being somewhat intimidating, she is a reluctant warrior and prefers to take care of threats before they become a problem.

❖ l i k e s: Being in control, surprising people, standing out, crushing her enemies(be they foreign or political) and see them driven before her, the finer things in life like sake and seeing courtesans.

❖ d i s l i k e s: bootlickers (unless it's she that's being bootlicked to), sea voyages and ships, weak leadership, hiding behind honor, stupidity.

❖ q u o t e s:
  • ''Most men fear the plague…or the wrath of Kami…but it's the 'Lion' that will take their heads and in so doing, silence their fears forever.''
  • ''A lion will roar right in your face before chewing it off…but wolves will howl hours before they sneak on you, to let you know your days are finished.''
❖ t h e m e s o n g: A little dark theme

❖ b a t t l e t h e m e: Battle Theme

Hanako was born into the noble house of Akodo, famed for producing some of the greatest strategic minds of the empire. However, growing up, young Hanako realized that there are many aspects to war, not just fighting like mindless oafs in a field. Sabotaging your enemies, espionage, making alliances and countless other subtleties that are often overlooked. The girl was often a disappointment when it came to sword practices, she found it 'too straightforward, too predictable' art. Her father used to say that she was left on their doorstep by 'masked scorpion', no doubt said out of spite and disapproval of the daughter, but all lies.

But a lion mustn't be defenseless…so reluctantly her father hired a retired assassin…to teach her the ways of many a smaller, more versatile weapons. While the assassin did his work, the scholars of her household drilled her in battles of old, tactics and strengths and weaknesses of other empire lands. When she turned 16, she was sent as a an emissary to many castles of other families, as a sign of unity and also to learn the ways of diplomacy. Unsurprisingly, she proved quite good at it, making many a friend…and enemy along the way, but no doubt proving herself, but she was always mocked by being too lady-like…not worthy of being a 'Lion'. ''If I don't look like a lion, I shall be a wolf.'' said Hanako to her father, a quote that stuck like a bad habit, one she embraced when after a fight with her father, she went alone for a hunt with nothing more than a bow and a dagger. She returned the next morning with a bite wound on her forearm, a broken bow, a bloody dagger…and a bloody skin of a wolf dragging behind her. Therefor she earned the moniker: Lady Wolf.

Since that moment the reputation in her land has only grown, the elders seeing her in a different light, not as a weak girl who's all talk, but a figure of power in her own right, wielding not just a sharp dagger, but a sharper tongue. Hanako became an authority wherever she could, all behind the back of her daimyo, yet was careful to never be caught on the wrong side of the law. Tea houses, taverns, weapons makers, town officials…Hanako over the years, through blackmail, intimidation or promises, gained the loyalty of a great many of them…too many for the daimyo to ignore. Hanako had practically become a mob boss of half the county by her mid twenties, causing her father to almost disown her but he felt safe in thoughts that she would never be elected as the successor of House Akodo, but the daimyo had to do something. Despite popular advice, she was named official representative of the Lion Clan in the imperial city, championing the cause of her clan against whomever dared to challenge them. In Daimyo's mind, this removed her from his county and from further trouble to him, but perhaps he had only placed her in a position of more power?

Last edited:
【.main info.】 5fb80649e91cb6f745272a252134fd0c.jpg

❖ f u l l n a m e:
❖ n i c k n a m e s:
❖ a g e:
❖ g e n d e r:
❖ r a c e:
❖ c l a n:
❖ c l a s s:

【.major info.】

❖ s t r e n g t h: ( how good are you with your weapons? What weapons or powers do you like to use? What type of combat are you the best at?)
❖ w e a k n e s s: (Everyone has weaknesses)
❖ a b l i t i e s:
❖ p o w e r s: (for tattooed monks or nonhuman)
❖ k i h o s: (spells for shugenja)

【.equipment info.】

❖ h e i g h t:
❖ w e i g h t:
❖ e y e c o l o r:
❖ h a i r c o l o r:
❖ s k i n c o l o r:
❖ b o d y t y p e:
❖ m a r k i n g s:

❖ p e r s o n a l i t y:
❖ l i ke s:
❖ d i s l i k e s:
❖ q u o t e:
❖ t h e m e s o n g:
❖ b a t t l e t h e m e:

(minimum of two paragraphs)

Attachments

• b290ba3e32cad06ec8970750f71608df.png
    b290ba3e32cad06ec8970750f71608df.png
    293.2 KB · Views: 1
He's a major WIP at the moment but I'll likely have him finished after work tomorrow!!

d1a64c52b7fdf50fd20f5391db8d0a28.jpg

【.main info.】

❖ f u l l n a m e:
❖ n i c k n a m e s:
❖ a g e: 24
❖ g e n d e r:
Male
❖ c l a n: Scorpian
❖ c l a s s: Ninja

【.major info.】

❖ w e a k n e s s: (Everyone has weaknesses)
❖ a b l i t i e s:
❖ p o w e r s: (for tattooed monks or nonhuman)
❖ k i h o s:
(spells for shugenja)

【.equipment info.】

❖ h e i g h t:
❖ w e i g h t:
❖ e y e c o l o r:
❖ h a i r c o l o r:
❖ s k i n c o l o r:
❖ b o d y t y p e:
❖ m a r k i n g s:

❖ p e r s o n a l i t y:
❖ l i ke s:

❖ d i s l i k e s:
❖ q u o t e:
❖ t h e m e s o n g:
❖ b a t t l e t h e m e:

【main info】​

❖ f u l l n a m e : Zurui Junjou
❖ n i c k n a m e s : Orizuru
❖ a g e : 56
❖ g e n d e r : Male
❖ r a c e : Human
❖ c l a n : Dragon
❖ c l a s s : Monk, retired samurai

【major info】​

❖ s t r e n g t h s :

Blended martial arts​
Experience with bladed weapons​
High dexterity​
Measured temperament in battle​
❖ w e a k n e s s e s : (Everyone has weaknesses)

Tendency to understate the stakes of conflict​
Strength and endurance waning in old age​
Ineffective against multiple enemies​
Consequences of tattoos​
❖ a b l i t i e s :

White Crane: Junjou is renowned as the “folded crane” for his blending of traditional Rokugan jiu jitsu with the style of the White Crane, a rare martial art specializing in evasive footwork and quick striking techniques. Junjou has increased evasion when in melee range (arms’ length) of an opponent, and is highly sensitive to an opponent’s pressure points within this range.​
Deep Breath: Junjou can channel his breathing to briefly increase his sense of endurance through heightened pain tolerance and focus.​
❖ p o w e r s :

The Tiger: His first tattoo, inked across his back and rightmost arm, immortalizing some chimaera of animal and oni in black and blood-red. When exposed, Junjou’s senses and physical strength increase tenfold. His hands morph into gnarled claws. Simultaneously, he is filled with an instinct for bloodlust and is unable to communicate with others while transformed, much like a monster. The tattoo’s transformation also causes heavy strain on his body that he feels when he reverts: pain deep in his joints and muscles.​
The Tortoise: His second tattoo, waves of black and green along his left arm depicting the tortoise, a symbol of antiquity. With this tattoo, Junjou can summon the winds of spirits, shapeless colors which he manipulates with his left hand to take form. Through this, Junjou can create illusions of visual spectacle and present a tapestry of his imagination. He is less aware of the consequences of this power, mainly that manipulating the aura of dead ancestors is a​
fitting way to summon them.​
❖ k i h o s :

Atemi: Unarmed strikes to nerve systems which deal little damage but temporarily immobilize the target.​

【equipment info】​

❖ w e a p o n s : 50cm ō-wakizashi (usually sheathed), double short swords.

❖ a r m o r : Simple tatami gusoku under long robes.

【character description】​

❖ h e i g h t : 6’3”/191 cm
❖ w e i g h t : 197 lbs/89 kg
❖ e y e c o l o r : Brown
❖ h a i r c o l o r : N/A (naturally dark brown)
❖ s k i n c o l o r : Medium, neutral undertone
❖ b o d y t y p e : Built, stocky
❖ m a r k i n g s : Ornamental tattoo (crane) on the back of his neck

【psychological description】​

❖ p e r s o n a l i t y :

A jolly, ebullient man with a lust for life. He can project a forceful presence though mostly through his stature and booming voice—Junjou rarely struggles to relax. Like a monk, he is earthly, but much unlike one, he lacks formality, loves physical pleasures of fighting and food, and seems alarmed by severity. Relating to Junjou will reveal the possibility he appreciates the freedom of asceticism more than the piety. However, there is also nothing the man clearly despises​
less than a purpose.​

❖ l i k e s : bird-watching, dominance, and theatre.

❖ d i s l i k e s : scowls, heavy clothing, acknowledging the past, and being recognized as a member of his clan.

❖ q u o t e : “You okay there, Nezumi? You’re wet as a dog and smell like it’s shit.”

❖ t h e m e s o n g : WIP
❖ b a t t l e t h e m e : WIP

【background information】​

He is under oath—an oath sworn majorly by himself—to speak little of the enigmatic Dragon Clan whose legacy he bears. A member of the Zurui family, he served as a yojimbo within the samurai caste. He would never give a name, but his charge was set to inherit the title of head patriarch of the esteemed Mirumoto family. It was those ornamental tattoos, awarded to the nobleman at eighteen, which sparked Junjou’s envy and inspiration. He claims, since then, he trained with monks to recognize their power.​
Before Junjou retired, he found against a surprise incursion of Shadow Land forces of which his charge was involved and, subsequently, killed. Presumably, he became masterless at this time, coinciding with his retirement into monkhood: Junjou refuses to speak of this time, only acknowledging that he is a monk before he is a Dragon. It was the twenty years following the battles that he developed his abilities.​
Recently, Junjou has embraced his inner ronin and left on a “pilgrimage” across Rokugan. (This has mainly manifested as him frequenting bars and clearing out goblins.) When he will choose to return, and whether he will address the reason which drove him to his feet, are answers he would prefer to leave uncertain.​

【main info】​

❖ f u l l n a m e : Ikkitch’tch
❖ n i c k n a m e s : Ikki
❖ a g e : 19
❖ g e n d e r : Female
❖ r a c e : Ratling
❖ c l a n : Black Moonset Tribe
❖ c l a s s : Courtier

【major info】​

❖ s t r e n g t h s :

An honesty that overrides prejudice​
Logical and emotional intelligence​
Agility​
❖ w e a k n e s s e s :

Struggles with the human language​
Physical frailty​
Cowardice​
Neuroticism​
❖ a b l i t i e s:

Remembrance: Ancestor to the first Rememberer, Titchtch’tch, grants Ikki reverence among her tribe for her vivid, eidetic memory.​
Knowledge: Ikki is well-read and learned on many facets of human society, more than enough to function in court.​
Healing: Ikki has picked up techniques up shamanistic means of healing including the ability to prepare poultices, provide first-aid, and distinguish between poisonous and beneficial herbs.​
Racial Traits: Ikki is double-jointed, can communicate with other ratlings through pheromones, can crawl through spaces as big as her head, and has an excellent sense of smell. Her eyesight is not so excellent.​

❖ p o w e r s : n/a

❖ k i h o s : n/a

【equipment info】​

❖ w e a p o n : “Tchr” or “memory stick,” a long staff covered in gnaw-marks and pheromones.

❖ a r m o r : n/a

【character description】​

❖ h e i g h t : 5’1”/155 cm
❖ w e i g h t : 115 lbs/52 kg
❖ e y e c o l o r : Red
❖ f u r c o l o r : Agouti
❖ b o d y t y p e : Hunched, slender
❖ m a r k i n g s : Right ear double-pierced with a small black ring and a wooden charm

【psychological description】​

❖ p e r s o n a l i t y:

Ikki has a nervous cast to her, plus being a ratling in human country does her little favors in the market of first impressions. Beyond that, however, is a sharp mind and a deep soul. Ikki has taken to her task with honed focus and anxiety alike. Like mental self-flagellation, he berates herself whenever he is “off-task:” mourning, hesitating, finding fascination in human practices and politics. The shadow of fear following Ikki can paralyze her in critical moments, and she is resistant to forming connections with people despite her calls for an alliance.​

❖ l i k e s : sorcery, anthropology, and a good cup of tea.

❖ d i s l i k e s : talks of battle strategy, insects, rain, and being the center of focus.

❖ q u o t e : “I do not know what you mean. We must continue.”

❖ t h e m e s o n g : WIP
❖ b a t t l e t h e m e : WIP

【background information】​

Ikki and her littermates served as the memory of the first great Rememberer of the Black Moonset Tribe. Since coming of age, they served as the heart of their tribe with the ability to recollect the past and pay respect to the fallen. Mostly it was Ikki who dealt with the delicate matter of “Tomorrow,” allowing the dead to live on in the afterlife through memory. She bonded most with the shamans of her tribe who had a greater mind towards philosophical and abstract matters. Ikki’s siblings were the tacticians of the tribe, working alongside the chief. Ikki would relinquish any renown she had as a Rememberer to them.​
Ratling scouts were among the first to notice changes in the Shadow Lands. Bodies turned over to Ikki showed wounds inflicted by sophisticated weapons. Of the One Tribe, the Black Moonset were the closest in proximity to the oni, and life was becoming increasingly treacherous. Quelling the threat became a priority for all of ratling kind. The One Tribe divided between two options: mass-migration or cooperation. Ikki saw the resemblance between the tools of the Jade Empire and those of their enemies, but it was set to a vote, and she was on the losing side. Parties were sent on diplomacy, split between two of the tribe’s Rememberers—herself included.​
Almost validating her fear, Ikki’s party was set upon by bird-like oni who tore through many of her bushi protectors and separated the rest, leaving the unarmed ratling alone and afraid in a strange land. With no other option, she fell grovelling before a monk of mysterious origin for protection, one referred to as the "Folding Crane." The two venture into the wilds of Rokugan...​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back