• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Regions of Rokugan~ A Feudal Japan RP

Yhmera

Lok'Tar
banner.jpg

... is set in the land of Rokugan (also known as the Emerald Empire), based in the time of feudal Japan, where samurai, shugenja (magic user), and trained courtiers fight for control of the noble courts. Rokugan itself is home to mostly humans, divided into a society based on clans, with eight Great Clans and various minor ones. They are regularly threatened by evil plots from within, but the main threat still lies to the southwest of Rokugan: the deadly wastes of the Shadowlands, where demonic hordes of demons, onis, and taint roam. There are 5 rings scattered among the major clans. One ring for each element and gives the holder unnatural powers along with the ability to speak with the Kami (gods). Now everyone in the lands are in search for the mythical rings to call forth aid from the Kami once more.
Rokugan is an empire that covers the known world in the era of feudal Japan. There are lesser empires like the Burning Sands and the Ivory Kingdom but all who live in peace with the empire stay in Rokugan.

The lands of Rokugan are broken up into 8 regions and are watched over by the 8 greater clans. There are 2 minor clans that almost rival the great clans but they are made up of non humans and usually not trusted.

Rokugans tranquility and balance of power always hangs by a thread; For the only real threat to the mighty empire is the Shadowlands. This is the place where the evil god Fu Leng fell and started to spread his corruption. His power is even felt within Rokugan as the slowly spreading taint corrupts members of the clans. Fu Lengs only goal is to take over all that he sees.

This is a feudal Japan type of setting. It delves into a variety of mythology.
The main focus is the struggles between clans. Are a variety of races such as humans, naga, rattlings, kitsune and spirits.

Last edited:
Alright then. Think I got everything. Simply fill out a character sheet and wait for approval. ^_^

And feel free to ask questions.

Last edited:
Question, there is so much info here. What happens if I get some of the lore wrong? How flexible are thing?

Question, there is so much info here. What happens if I get some of the lore wrong? How flexible are thing?
Then you get it wrong. LoL it's very flexible. I've always been told I either add to much or not enough information. If not all of the lore or world information then it's simply not used. I can always pair down and everything is open to discussion. Its not a dictatorship. This RP everybody has a voice and all input is welcome.

Lol that's awesome. I'm actually doing a Rokugan game on Fridays myself.

Yeah I'm running it on Roll20 and Discord. But I am thinking I might have time to squeeze into this. Thinking of doing a Monk.
So dragon is your clan? I normally play crane myself but I made a pony for this. ^^
I've never used roll 20. Is it easy to use? What about character sheets?

So dragon is your clan? I normally play crane myself but I made a pony for this. ^^
I've never used roll 20. Is it easy to use? What about character sheets?
I'm not playing Dragon or any clan really. I'm going to be a Brotherhood Monk. I like Roll20 and after you learn the basics Roll20 is pretty easy to use. They have Character sheets for Legend of the Five Rings 4th Edition which I personally prefer to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back