• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Jane - In the Cathedral... moving to Outside of Cathedral
Interactions: seasonedcat seasonedcat Juju Juju
Mentions: AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa

What Jane heard as she neared the scene between some magical princess and this crass militant individual made her grind to a halt. She stood on the outskirts, at the edge of where the crowd had been forming around the scene as she tried to figure out who or what was the real enemy. But once it was revealed to all be some ploy, a devious 'test' for them to prove their worth, Jane's shoulders slumped. Jane held nothing but contempt for the man responsible for this utter mess.

She wanted to speak out, criticizing this man for all of this. But she held her tongue. It was not her place to question the matters of nobility, even as heedless and frivolous as they may be. Even if she did, where would she even begin? There was just so much wrong with the situation. She probably would have to start from the beginning of the conflict... Then again, maybe it was more the fault of the disconcerting explanation offered during the summoning ceremony... But there was also the point where...

Jane shook her head once before setting down Abaddon, letting out a long sigh.

No, it's better to just not get involved... Too much of a headache already...

Her eyes glimmered, as she brought the internal count to the forefront. 24 seconds remaining.
It was hard to tell her expression behind the metal-plated mask. But the tension in her form spoke enough. Jane was quietly shaking, fighting off the pain now made aware to her in her absence of adrenaline. Her brain felt like it was going to ooze out of her ears. She gazed only for a few more silent seconds, her vision floating between spectrums of light before blinking her eyes shut. When they opened again, the cold calculating stare, and the faint tangerine glow no longer pervaded. The machines around her waist began to rumble to a quiet state, the large ornaments folding to rest behind the curve of her back in a more comfortable way.

"Looks like we were worried for nothing... I thought I'd been rid of silly politics and feuding royalty once I departed my world, but it looks like it isn't any different here..." Jane had stepped back now, taking off the metal arm which made a loud click as it snapped in half, and once more, until it was barely the size of a large quiver.

Placing it back into its socket on the waist mount, as Jane paid heed to the ultimatums being offered to the chosen.
She pondered for a brief moment. 'Seeds of potential', she remembered these words spoken to her from the being that summoned her and granted her renewed life. Given no choice, but the choice in their hearts. She wondered the merit of such a claim. At the time, she was skeptical at the nature of reality. Was this all a trick? It was too good to be true. However, now, she had abandoned the idea of the entities being evil. Though that skeptical doubt remained. The only thing that drove her to even act was the frantic emotions in wild display. But surely, there was something greater beyond all of this. For, what was the point of all this if there was not?

Oh... I don't know what to do... What would you do, Anelle...? You always knew what to do...

She gives Abaddon a quick glance, taking his hand in her own. The poor boy probably won't make a choice on his own. She would have no counsel in asking him. For now, she wanted them to remain together. With this in mind, Jane made this her objective in this meager congressional.

The meek soldier stood in the back, listening to the other chosen, many of whom have yet make up their mind. But there was a growing sentiment of aligning with the princess over the snide head of the order, as one of the chosen went so far as to playfully skip over to the princess in the face of the serious situation. Jane was astonished. Luckily, her half-broken mask prevented her jaw from dropping right off her face.

To act in such brazen indignance, doesn't that go against all notion of respectful conduct towards royalty? Assuming the word 'princess' still meant what it meant in this world...

Jane half expected a public execution right then and there, but was quickly reminded of how different this world was than her own. Out of everyone present. Only she bore a mask.

"With all due respect, I am a rear echelon. Where I come from, someone of my rank does as I am told. Nothing more." she said, looking around at the other chosen.
Jane seemed troubled by the notion, glancing down to think before speaking again, "By the old Conduct Codes I used to serve, specifically those assigned to military personnel; as stated by code M-024, 'Should there be an absence of clear command, one shall heed to the greatest mask...'

Though it appears masks are not a custom shared in this place, it is a direct correspondence to one's one's role in society. The designation of 'princess' is, by definition, a close relation to ruling royalty, thereby relinquishing my service to her by default. Having seen the display of great compassion, seeing as she had a willingness to act on the defense of innocents... I would gladly align myself to Princess Brightmoore's side."

Jane then turns to Abaddon, her hand squeezing his firmer. "The princess seems to have our wellbeing in mind. I think we will be safe under her care. What do you say?"

The One Armed Man
Leofred_01.jpg
Terminus glanced between the strangers, eyeing each very carefully. The tall gothic man begged for the entity’s approval, a strategy he had failed to consider in his delirious state. The hooded figure on his other side seemed to completely neglect the entities, even when they spoke. That was when he noticed his shattered helmet sinking into the depths of the crystalline lake. He waited for a moment, watching it fall beneath the surface. Nobody above him made a move or so much as reacted.

He followed the helmet with his eyes before he noticed his own reflection. It was the first time he had seen his own face in weeks. His skin was older than he imagined it. Wrinkles carved his face like daggers. His hair was matted and greasy. His eyes… his eyes looked a thousand years older than he really was, however old that might be.

He couldn’t stand it. He had served evil for decades and it had taken its toll on his face. He would never stand for such ideals ever again. He would never hold another’s authority over his own freedom. In that moment he made a vow, a silent oath to himself that he would never serve the Blackblood or his kind ever again.

The man snapped out of his thoughts fast enough to pull his hand out from under another person's foot. They were short and androgynous, with notable butterfly wings on one side and missing on the other. A set of insectoid antennae stuck out from above their pure green eyes that were heavily weeping. He flinched on seeing them and edged backward.
"What are you?"

seasonedcat seasonedcat

Last edited:
"What are you?"

Elida flinched at those words, scrunching up their body even more as they expected more retaliation. When nothing came they pushed open their weeping eyes and shakily looked up at the creature before him. Instead of attacking him, it appears that they had backed up instead, either from disgust or shock they did not know. It was only then that they froze, a dark sludge falling through their veins at what they had just did.

they had just expected a human to attack him when they didn't even know them. Their heart throbbed, wasn't this exactly what they were trying to prevent when he went tp the human settlement. His chest restricted at the memories, fleeing from humans, the pure fear, and the death of his village. They swallowed, humans may have hurt him, they may have killed everything he loved, destroyed the world around them, but that doesn't mean every human was bad, right? They all couldn't have felt hate towards their people, some had to have felt bad.

with the absence of the heat from flames Elida found themself able to get a grip on their breathing, managing to swallow back sobs and breaths and instead just have silent tears occasionally flowing from their eyes. The person before him didn't seem like they had ever seen a fae before, so clearly they had not been related to the attack on his village, maybe none of the others had either. Could the person who used fire be a Slvokew? Could any of them be from their world?(They had not in fact heard anything the angels had said).

sniffling Elida shakily looked at their feet as they spoke to the other,
"I-um am a uh fae... have you not seen one of us before?" they offered with a weak smile, a tear tracks still fresh on their face, their expression slightly pained. Their heart continued to pound, and as much as he was ashamed of it, both from speaking to someone and because they were a human.
jmann jmann

Kras

The pain within his chest subsided, upon being enveloped by Cicero's attack his body had tensed in anticipation, yet not pain or damage came from it. Shaena had approached him as he slowly stood back up, she asked him what had happened and Kras simply looked at his arms and shrugged. He noticed the golden threads attached to cicero, a weird sight as he had previously not seen it, only keeping it in mind for later.

More individuals arrived at the area, their looks alone displayed them as important. As they continued speaking and more of the chosen voiced what was inside their minds Kras spoke up, "I am ignorant to the true nature of said offers, however having already seen the church and Cicero making an unpleasant impression, I shall accept the Princess's invitation if only to investigate, should I suspect foulness I shall take my leave." Kras stated his intentions clearly and from there remained silent

Interactions: Juju Juju

'Son of a bitch!' To say that Sarah hadn't expected hadn't expected all of the other summoned to go with the princess was an understatement. Sure one of them hadn't actually voiced that decision, but seeing how they and the masked woman seemed to be sticking together she was willing to bet that it was either a joint decision or they were just following her lead. Giving a heavy sigh of resignation, the swordswoman gave Shaena a quick nod. "Guess the others would rather just jump to a decision. So thanks anyway, but I guess I better stick with them."

As the last of the energy from the Boost Mode ran out, Sarah put her sword back into its scabbard before walking over to where the others were gathering near the princess. Once there she looked the noble in the eyes before speaking up. "Fair warning, I don't use people's titles regardless of their rank or whatever, so don't be surprised if other nobles get pissed off at me."

Those who paid attention to the wound on her cheek might notice that it would start to heal at a rate that could be easily been seen by the naked eye now that Sarah was now in a more relaxed state.

• 0dee91f24a23ad91de74979ed19c80df.jpg
    2a6fd1ba7235f5df924ced86bd620f02.png
    bc8debf00d9842c067b3f24c8a5fa29d.jpg
    91d09acff0e253ce33341b4dbe0b66d7.jpg

Shaena, Cicero, Princess Elaria, Lord Hightower

YsFanatic YsFanatic
    Shaena's expression was one of surprise at Sarah's question. To be questioned above two nobles, especially one being a human, was something she would never had even dreamed of. Part of her wanted to remain silent, or say something defiant, but she knew better than that. Someday she hoped to be a knight, and to do that would mean keeping her good ties with the nobles of Alleria.

She nodded towards the princess, "The royal family is the oldest noble house in Aegisea. With them you'll have all the protection, information, and the resources you'll ever need."

"Heh, never thought I'd hear a dragonspawn so supportive of the crown." Lord Hightower said with a chuckle.

Shaena pursed her lips and held back a retort. She was disappointed in losing her chance to prove herself by being a guide to the Chosen, but there was nothing she could do about it. The only option was to stand to the side and let the nobles do their duty.

AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa

Lord Hightower let out another chuckle, crossing his arms as he looked at the colorful woman. She reminded him of Cicero, though far more outlandish in appearance, which up until now he did not think possible. "Well now, little lady, I can't say I was expecting the Mother's Chosen in the flesh, but I didn't cancel me afternoon hunt for a test. The Order sensed demonic activity at the Embrace. Not even those three wenches would be that bold, so I figured I should see the fuss meself. Turns out I'm in need of better informants."

"Cicero sensed it, they did, they did" The newly healed Cicero wailed, "The nasty thing must have gone away and hid!"

Princess Elaria was surprised to see Tracy approach her in such a swift and casual manner, and clearly so did the knights around her. They moved to get in the way, but Elaria waved them away, saying, "No, it is alright. These are the Chosen of Mother Mercy after all."

She let her hand be held and hazarded a smile, "Luminous Omen Dancer Tracy, I am truly honored to have you by my side."

Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf seasonedcat seasonedcat Solirus Solirus YsFanatic YsFanatic
    The princess looked over to Jane, Abaddon and Kras and nodded her head politely at their responses. While they were mostly neutral in their reaction, it was more than enough. "Thank you for placing your trust in myself and my family. I assure you that I shall do everything in my power to keep you safe and in comfort. As guests of the crown, I will arrange for your personal lodging, servants, and appropriate guides if you are in need of them. Shall you require any other aid on your journey, simply ask and my family shall provide to the best of our ability."

She spared a glance at Sarah and smiled sheepishly, "If I am to be frank, high ranking members of the church and the noble family are considered to be equals. As the personal Chosen of Mother Mercy, this makes the need of titles and formalities obsolete. If you wish to address either myself or my father as equals, there are few who should find offense."

There was a shimmer of pride, or perhaps triumph, in her eyes as she looked over all the Chosen who had decided to accompany her. It was almost the complete opposite of Lord Hightower's expression. He frowned for a moment, before ultimately shrugging. "Suppose we lowly mortals can't oppose the Good Mother's champions, so I won't waste yer time trying to change a few minds."

He looked like he wanted to say more, but was interrupted when something flew from the crowd and struck the princess. Red exploded across her face, staining her elegant dress. He eyes were wide as she stared down speechlessly at the chunks of overripe fruit. There was a distant shout, "Where is the king?!"

Another, closer than the last added, "How can the Chosen side with an elf puppet?"

"Humans should rule humans!"

Others were quick to join, and before long the previously docile crowd was full of unrest. More things were being thrown at the princess, an assortment of food and other debris, but this time her knights were quicker to react. Those who carried shields rose them to defend the princess, while others conjured basic magical spells. The princess went quiet, and Lord Hightower shook his head, "Well, I think it's time to take me leave. Should you grow bored of sitting pretty in the castle, The Order has some real work for you all. Be seeing you soon, Chosen, and of course, your highness."

He bowed from atop his horse, loose and confident, before kicking his heels in and making his way through the crowd. The two Ciceros were gone, though it was hard to say when they slipped away.

Meanwhile the knights around the princess struggled to hold back the crowd. Princess Elaria seemed to have snapped out from her shock and looked at the Chosen apologetically. Her posture had shrunk, and her beautiful hair was matted with fruit pulp. It smelled like spoiled wine. "My... my apologies. We shall retire to the castle at once. Please do not look harshly on my people for this, they act out of fear... it is a difficult time for all."

Her knights would slowly force a pathway through the crowd, allowing the Princess and her Chosen to pass through the crowd at a snail's pace. Despite all the commotion, the princess' horse was calm as it walked with the royal guard.

The One-Armed Man

Leofred_01.jpgTerminus struggled with the idea that he was speaking to a fae. He had heard of fairies and unicorns in his time in the provinces, but this was different. Those were stories told to keep children inside at night, yet here one was, standing before him, still crying.
Were the others fae as well? The screamer was obviously dead, like himself, but the figures that now spoke among themselves? No creature of the mortal world could be that deformed and still retain an element of grace about them.
“I see,” he said, looking around again at the lake, “so I have died and come to the Dream Wood?” He chuckled to himself. A vow meant nothing here. If he was truly dead then he was free of that responsibility. Moreover, he had reawakened in the Dream Wood, the land of lost children. For all he had done, this was where he fell after life? Another fact that seemed impossible. He had been so sure he would burn for all time… now things had changed.
When he looked back up again at the fae, it was as if an immeasurable weight had lifted off his shoulders. He even smiled.
“And what is this, the…” he trailed off in thought, casting his mind back to the words he paid little attention to on his tours, “the Weeping Well?”

seasonedcat seasonedcat

"Humans should rule humans!"
The nature of the comments from the crowd had already set Sarah on edge, but this one in particular infuriated her with its sheer stupidity, and unluckily for the speaker she was able to pinpoint where they were and fix them with a harsh glare. The full might of a raging sun would not be able to match the raw fury that was in Sarah's eyes. Luckily for them she mustered the willpower to turn away and walk with the others, otherwise they would have had a confrontation they were not ready for.

While she wasn't well versed in matters of statecraft, the swordswoman knew enough to realize that this was likely just a symptom of a much larger issue or series of issues that were probably mostly political in nature. If that was the case, then she would be out of her depth and it would be time to leave sooner than later. But before making such a decision she figured it would be a good idea to get more information to see if her suspicions were correct or not. Ignoring the various bits of debris being thrown, Sarah stepped closer to the princess. "What kinds of difficulties and fears have the people riled up like this?"

As she awaited a response, she kept a careful eye on the people around them, wary for an attack. She had heard about the mob that some of her friends and allies on Ravenloft had to deal with at one point and how quickly it had gotten violent. Granted that one has been manipulated by outside forces which had made the violence pretty much unavoidable, but it was still something she'd rather not see happen here. As a precaution she called out to the walking mountain of muscle that was Kras. "Hey, do you mind walking on the other side of Elaria here, just in case?" Sarah hoped his height and physique would intimidate any who might try something reckless, but was well aware that alone may not be much of a deterrent if things got really bad.

Abaddon felt at a loss from the actions around him. What he once thought was a battle had now turned into a game of who would rule. It made his stomach sick. His skin turned to ice, he could feel vines clawing at his chest, suffocating his heart and lungs. He wanted to vomit, he wanted to scream, he wanted to bang his head open on a wall. He needed to claw his skin off, he needed to pull his ears off. He couldn't handle this, not again.

"The princess seems to have our wellbeing in mind. I think we will be safe under her care. What do you say?"
he looked down at their hands before turning to the princess. He could see a sick smile, a look of craze in her eyes. He could see a man, a long beard, rings coating his fingers as he reached towards him. He could see a red haired boy laying on the ground. The world was moving around him, but he couldn't see it, couldn't feel his own body moving till it all came crashing down on him.

"NO!" his voice tore through the air as he ripped his hands from her grasp. He suddenly didn't want to feel her touch anymore, he didn't want to be near her anymore. He could feel a sick smile on her face, he could feel the chains made of hands pulling him down to the ground, he could smell the scent of blood.

with fierce eyes he turned to the 'princess' a look of pure rage and disgust on his face, "I will not belong to you again. I will not be your plaything." he shook out as he held himself. Without thinking he turned from them, he will not be with any of them. He will not be owned, he will not, not ever again.

without much more thought, he abandoned the group, rushing through into the crowd, vanishing amongst the sea of people, ripping himself away from the few that reached out to touch him. He wanted to get as far away from them all as he could. He could feel the familiar grip on his lungs as he wanted to collapse and claw his throat. He needed out.
Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf Juju Juju Solirus Solirus YsFanatic YsFanatic
------
at the mans words Elida found themself forgoing their fear for a moment as they tilted their head in confusion. "Dream Wood?" they found themself repeating as they seemed confused. His wing relaxed as he himself did, unfolding itself from around them as they looked at the man for a moment before a light bulb went off in their head.

"Oh! That must be what you call our forest!" but as the other continued they felt less sure about their statement. It seemed that this person thought this place was something, as this clearly wasn't their forest.

"Wait, sorry, I am confused... do you know what this place is?" they asked with wide eyes. This man seemed to understand where they were, in fact they seemed to relax at the realization on where they were. Of course Elida did not understand what the man was referring to was something similar to the afterlife. For his forest they just believe in rebirth without an afterlife, every soul not going to waste.

jmann jmann

Rae accepts the card, looking it over. As the wording upon its surface shifts and changes, he could only observe in wide eyed fascination. Then, in a moments time, the ink transformed into the name of the being before him. The being that observed his path in life and the efforts he made. This was the name that he would have to revere after his own patron god. A being that found him fit to live again, even if it was all in the name of this Mother Mercy. However, he didn't see this Mother Mercy anywhere. It was Haamiah that was before him now.

Whatever the case, in this moment, something was wrong. Where the other being was just rude before, he could now detect something malicious in her mannerisms. There had to be a reason that Haamiah did not openly announce her name for Raein to hear. And the words upon the card that he was given.

There is great power in a name. Use this one well.

If there was power in a name, then the being clad in white wings was clearly searching for the name of Haamiah. Rae would not speak the name of the one with black wings, he would merely bow his head. "Well... I have not yet seen this Mother Mercy. If she is so grand, why not see us onward herself? Nonetheless, I shall live on in your name and in hers. After my own gods name, of course," Rae says with a small grin.

At first he had been uneasy with the idea of moving on to a new world and leaving behind his own. However, being here in this moment, he knew that he had to do his best. He was so close to the afterlife that he desired. If it meant living one more life, then he would do it, especially if he was heralding the will of his god, Mother Mercy and Haamiah.

Last edited:
"Oh I do not think that will be very good for your friend. When the Mother grants her Chosen their blessed Mercy, those left behind are often unfit to understand the truth. Oh, it does terrible things to the mind, you see. Unknowing is very much preferable!"

The brown-haired woman shook her head in disagreement. "Bester would be able to handle it," was all she said at least for the moment, her voice filled with certainty and belief in his mental strength and resilience. After everything they had been through, not to mention the reports from the Alliance they had been able to read, something like this would barely faze the man.

"Sarah was indeed among the first Chosen to be brought into the blessed light of Mother Mercy. This princess of yours made herself quite known, and continues to make her mark on the world as we speak. Perhaps it is some comfort to know that your search efforts were not in vain, yet I must hope such efforts are put to rest."

She thought for a moment, about what Yineon had mentioned about a 'wish' of sorts. "With this said, if it is your wish to let this Besker know of your fate, it may be arranged. If fate is kind, pehaps someday you may even cross paths with Sarah."

The Tornado Queen turned her attention to the second angel as it spoke, a small frown appearing on her face. While she was pleased to have more or less figured out what had happened to Sarah, this presented a problem in regards to getting her home. While Vanessa had no real issue being stranded here, she had been looking for somewhere to end her journey anyway, Sarah being stuck on this world was something that would possibly be a problem for the Alliance, especially for her family and friends. She gave the angel no verbal response, her mind too busy trying to figure out how she should approach this situation and realized that about all she could do at the moment was meet up with Sarah and figure out the next step from there.

Her path decided, Vanessa finally knelt down to pick up her spear before standing back up and giving the angels a single nod. "I am ready to continue." As she waited for their response, she glanced over the others in the meantime, finally paying them some attention now that she had started to get a grasp on the situation.

Focused as she was on watching for threats from the crowd, Sarah was caught off guard by the shout of rage that came from one of the other summoned and by the time she turned to figure out what was going on, Abaddon was already diving into the crowd. 'Fuck!' One of the others running off like that was very bad in her mind, especially given the apparently unstable emotional state. Concerned that something may happen to him, or that he might accidentally do something to the natives, the swordswoman barely took a moment to look back at the others and say "I'll follow 'em!" in a half-shout so they could hear her over the crowd.

With that she took off, dodging around people and as needed gently pushing them to the side to make her way through the crowd. She didn't care that she was likely upsetting some of the people when she pushed past them as she couldn't afford to slow down, otherwise she might lose track of the flashes of black she would glimpse between the other people. The hat that Abaddon wore in particular was useful in keeping track of him since none of the natives around here was wearing one like it. As she chased him, Sarah wished he pinged on her spiritual senses, but unfortunately that was not the case.

Jane - In the Cathedral... moving to Outside of Cathedral
Interactions: seasonedcat seasonedcat Juju Juju
Mentions: YsFanatic YsFanatic

Jane
looked in concern at Abbadon as they reacted viciously to their comment.

She tried to hold her hands up, muttering words to try and calm the screaming boy.
"No, no, we're not enslaved...!! We're not... right?" she wasn't quite sure herself. They were branded, this much was fact, however all of her actions seemed to be ones she has committed of her own volition. Her suspicions have not abated fully, but she had some trust in these people based on what she saw so far. At least, some of them. The crowd didn't seem to agree with her sentiment towards the princess.

Deep in her thoughts, working out what exactly to say to calm Abaddon, the boy suddenly bolted off into the direction of the massing hissing crowd.

"Wait...!" she called out.

For a split second, Jane thought of using thought magic to keep him still, pinning him like one of the sedated bodies she has performed surgeries on before. The pure metal can shoot forward like stakes at the snap of her fingers. Then he would have no choice but to stay and listen to her. Her eyes glimmered as these dark desires pulled her hand forward, yanked like a puppet on a string. The engines began to hum softly in response to her bleak expression. But the shouting overhead caused her to blink. It was enough to release her from the dark hold. Her hand snapped back as Jane turned to the noise. It was Sarah, who screamed at them before disappearing after the panicked boy.

No... those thoughts weren't me, was it?

Despite these deluded self assuring words, she knew the truth. Jane looked down, trying to shake out the shame rushing into her cheeks.
My stigmata it's gotten much worse... I'm not sure if it's the lack of PP influence, or if I have been straining myself...
It took her a few seconds to clear the cloudiness having taking hold in her eyes. But by that time, they were long out of sight.

I can't believe it...

Jane almost reactively moved after Sara, but she halted. She reacted like a child who had done something wrong, placing her foot back as soon as she raised it. I was about to act out of place again. If Anelle was here, she would have scolded me again. But.. She turned her head, looking towards the Princess for direction, "As your designated servant, what will you have me do? I... assure you they mean no harm."

The One-Armed Man
Leofred_01.jpgThe fae looked baffled at the speed of his realisation. Terminus wasn’t surprised; according to the locals fae were tricksters and deceivers, obsessed with sowing chaos and stealing children. Whether or not that was true was anyone’s guess, but for the time being he would heed the speculation.
“I might…” he answered.
Yet something about the fae’s expression still put him on edge. It was not a disappointed surprise like someone’s game had been spoiled, it was the confusion of someone who was hearing alien words.

A part of him began to doubt whether or not he was truly dead. Perhaps he had been snatched by the fae and healed. If that were true he was still alive; a fate worse than death. Another possibility was that he was, in fact, dead, and this fae was trying to deceive him into believing the lie again. If that were true, he need only defeat the fae and earn his freedom. There was only one way to defeat a fae, at least according to Diiv, the colonial wise woman who took care of the community’s children. He would need to beat them at their own game. He would need to trick them.

“Answer me a question first,” he wracked his mind for a riddle to trick the fae, yet the only one he could think of was about a man with three legs, yet if he knew about it there was a good chance the fae did as well. Another idea struck, a twist on an old tale.
“A creature awakes with no arms. As it goes about its morning it has three, at noon it has two. At sunset, the creature has one arm and at midnight, none. What is this creature?”

seasonedcat seasonedcat

Last edited:
jackal.png

Tags: Juju Juju @AnyoneListening

Yuzuki.Roa.full.2834168.jpg
"BWAH!!!"

Invader of worlds, and enemy to all. That was the person who released their yell, a dreaded cry of battle that signaled the absolute destruction and corruption of lands far and wide. This was the feared and grandiose Crimson Jackal! Awaking abruptly—and very late—the monstrous demon rose to her feet. "Omen Dancer, you bastard! When I'm done with you, I will destroy Sundae and then turn your head into a—!" Her eyes drifted down to her body; this wasn't right... "What happened to my form? Where are my minions?!" As her head rose again, vision fully returning, it evidently became clear to Jackal: something was terribly wrong. "Where... Where am I...?"

One step forth, and she winced. She'd forgotten how miserable her own form was... The stride between each step seemed to become so much shorter than when posing as an adult. But that was beside the point! Jackal glanced rapidly between everyone present, especially the weird winged things. What were those? They were unlike anything she'd ever seen across the worlds!

But no progress could be done staring in shock and awe! Jackal had a fight to get back to! She ran in the center of everybody, taking a large puff of breath. "Everybody bring your attention to me!" she yelled, trying to convince herself that her voice wasn't as squeaky as she'd heard it. "I am The Dark Overlord Crimson Jackal, Beric Dondarrion Emhyr var Emreis Tattersail Celebrimbor Anomander Rake XXXVII, Exalted Herald of Nightmares and the Damned! I demand to know which of you teleported me away from my battle! Come forward now, or else you will find yourself atoning with a much harsher punishment!"

• bc8debf00d9842c067b3f24c8a5fa29d.jpg

Princess Elaria

The one who had said those words, an old man with a face scarred from years of work under the sun, caught Sarah’s gaze and immediately fell silent. He tried to back up half a step, only to bump into the angry rioter behind him, who shoved him away roughly and began to scold him. Perhaps a small justice, if there was one to be had.

The princess gave Sarah a helpless look as she shied away behind a knight’s shield. She winced as something hard clattered against it, a rock perhaps, Her voice sounded smaller amidst the angry roar of the crowd as she answered Sarah, “Might we speak of this within the walls of the castle? I will answer all your questions, I promise you.”
    YsFanatic YsFanatic

When Jane's thoughts subsided, she managed to catch Princess Elaria staring at her, a look of poorly hidden fear on her face. Her eyes drifted to the strange weapons floating at her hips, her gaze hazy and unfocused. It wasn't until Jane spoke up that she snapped out of it, jumping slightly.

As if casting light onto a mirror, the calm demeanor of Jane seemed to remind her of her own noble duties, even in the face of a raging crowd. She held her temple with a hand and nodded her head, "I will not stop you if you wish to pursue your friends, yet I must insist you stay with my royal guard for the time being. The city has become more dangerous than ever before, and I would not wish for any of you to become lost."

The princess seemed to be withholding something, but Jane could not determine why or discern what it could be due to her lacking experience in Leadership.
    Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf

The princess' sad expression was cut off by a guard who moved between her and Abddon with a shield. Of course, it did not matter for mere moments later the dark man had fled through the crowd with Sarah in hot pursuit.

Abbadon’s feet brought him to the closest escape from the crowd, a humble alleyway beside the church. It twisted between buildings, before spitting him out into an almost vacant street. It would seem the events at the cathedral had brought the usual bystanders away like flies to honey.

There also seemed to be another reason. Red x marks were plastered onto a few of the doors, some even having the words 'MOTHER BRING MERCY' painted onto windows or siding. Over the paint, it was clear that a few of the doors had been boarded up from the outside. Curtains were drawn over the windows. The air smelt horrible with the sticky stench of sickness.

At the very end of the street was a large barricade made of wood, paired with a large plank door, like one you would see in a pasture. The only difference was the addition of the sharpened palisade and the two knights stationed as guards. One was leaning in the shade of the buildings, looking bored, while the other peered suspiciously at Abaddon’s sudden entrance. They both had swords at their hips and the mark of the royal guard on their chest plates.

A quite literal dead end. Should Abaddon turn back, he would run right into Sarah. She managed to catch up with him easily, as if drawn by a wind at her back.
    seasonedcat seasonedcat YsFanatic YsFanatic

Vanessa couldn't help but let a small frown appear on her face at Yineon's response. While laws and rules where important, the kind of blind faith the entity seemed to have in them didn't sit well with the Tornado Queen. She had seen such blind obedience cause problems before, but this wasn't a situation where she could do anything about it. With luck it wouldn't be anything that would cause trouble for her or Sarah, but only time would tell.

Then came the final announcement and the opening of the portal. Going by the way this Mother Mercy was being talked up, she clearly considered herself more powerful, or at least more 'right', than deities of other realities or at least wanted her angels to think so. But that didn't matter terribly much to Vanessa, if a deity wanted to have the delusion that they were the source of all 'good' in all realities, well, she had no interest in proving them wrong. She had a goal to work towards, finding Sarah in this new world and finding a way to get the princess home. Any other concerns could wait for now. With that thought firmly in mind, the wind empowered warrior stepped through the portal, spear in hand.

Shura, don't know if Juju had messaged you, but while she's away she made me temporary GM for a side story thing.
Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf Solirus Solirus AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa

Despite the anger of the crowd, the guards with the princess and the Chosen are able to get them to the castle. The trip takes far longer than it would under normal circumstances as the guards were careful to avoid hurting any of the civilians or otherwise provoke them to violence. It was also possible the presence of the Chosen helped keep the people at bay, but that does nothing to lessen the shouts and accusations from the mob, not to mention the thrown bits of debris and spoiled food, all of which made it almost impossible to have any kind of conversation.

Once inside the walls the noise level quickly became more tolerable now that the people were no longer able to shout right into everyone's ears. The knights were still on guard however, quietly alert as they escort the princess and Chosen closer to the main entrance of the castle where servants rush in to help the guards and princess get off their horses and lead the animals to the stables. Several of them would at one point or another stop to stare at the Chosen in wonder before being reprimanded by either their fellows or the guards to continue their duties. Those who paid attention might notice that the princess seemed unsteady on her feet, hinting that she was either tired or another problem was affecting her, something that would be confirmed when the young woman abruptly fell to her knees. A cursory glance from a distance wouldn't indicate any injuries or the like, but the guards suddenly drawing close and keeping others away would make it difficult to better determine her condition.

They only parted when an elven woman with yellow hair rushed over from the castle entrance to the princess' side. The elf was wearing an outfit that managed to look proper enough for a castle despite being made from cloth more durable and easier to clean than what nobles wore, and the only accessory she had was a cloth collar around her neck that had some kind of runic symbol on the front of it. Not far behind is another knight, this one clad in light armor that had yellow trim on the left pauldron. His lack of helmet allowed the Chosen to see the concern on his face, but he doesn't crowd the princess. Instead he hangs back a bit and quickly glances around for any possible threats that might take advantage of the situation.

Listening to these two beings saddening. Rae didn't believe that these beings were simply made to spread the word of the creator while this Mother Mercy roamed somewhere far from where an important event such as this was taking place. When taking souls and sending them to another world, why not be present for such a thing? It made little sense. However, what Haamiah says saddens him even further.

"I must insist that you do not hold my name in any honor, for this one's light springs forth from her, not from this one alone..."

Rae lowers his head some, considering this. Should a creation of beauty such as this really be welcome to confine herself to such a belief? No, Rae did not find that he could accept such a thing. Not only that, but she seemed in danger here, constantly under watch from the three... two beings? The Greyen was but a mortal creature, having little to no right to walk amongst gods. However, it did not sit right with him that Haamiah was under threat all all times, the white clad angel near feverishly seeking purchase with with she may take advantage of the black winged angel.

Yineon fluttered over to the two conversing, her voice bright and cheery yet with an unmistakably sharpness to it. "Mother Mercy is the one and only name you should keep in your mind, silly!"

She tilted her head when the foolish little mortal asked about the whereabouts of Mother Mercy, as if it was his right to lay eyes on the most perfect being in all of existence. Yineon placed a hand over her heart and continued, "Why of course Mother Mercy is grand and glorious! Words cannot contain her resplendence. Oh, you just have to see her yourselves, which you will, just not yet. All you have to do now is to step into your new life. Which shall begin very shortly! You hold on for just a moment!"

Rae was prepared to add his thoughts on the matter when the portal opens. The light was too much for the Greyen, causing him to raise his arms to shield his eyes. This was the doorway to a new life. A new opportunity where he may prove himself. He would willingly take it as well. The Greyen's eyes rise to look at Haamiah. His yellow iris growing wide as his pupil sharpens. "If this Mother Mercy is the progenitor of all that is good, then would she not find her own children worthy of love and praise?" Though he still could only bring himself to speak in a silent tone, his words carried true emotion. "I will jump forth into this new life. I will make it one filled with greatness. Then, when I have reached the end of this new path, I will return to you, before I greet my god and stand beside him for eternity!"

Rae turns back to the portal and takes off towards it. As he nears the portal, his equipment returns to him, as if summoned back upon his body. Black flowing fabrics framing sturdy leathers, the click of metal as Haliscorn appears upon his back, and the darkness of his face as his beloved cosmetics adorn his features. He was off to a new beginning. He vowed to help many.

Emerging from the portal, the second group of Chosen would find that the portal had taken them the interior of a town, an intersection with multiple streets leading to and from it, only it was a scene of carnage instead of somewhere peaceful like they might have expected to end up. While there were no bodies, they could see splashes of fresh blood decorating the streets, walls... just about everywhere they looked. Doors, windows, and some walls had been smashed to pieces while the smell of smoke filled the air, however the lack of sunlight due to the heavy, dark water-filled clouds above them made it virtually impossible to see inside any of the buildings without getting closer. Adjacent to where the portal used to be is a ruined statue. It appeared to once be a winged being holding a sword, but the top half had somehow been shattered to bits that now decorated the ground around the Chosen. Periodically howls and other guttural sounds could be heard from elsewhere in the town, making it clear that they were not alone.

Those who bothered to look up above the roofs of the buildings would note a rather large and impressive cathedral on top of a hill that appeared to be near the edge of the town, or at least rather close by. There appeared to be graves dotting the hill, but from this distance it is difficult to make out anything else.

Adopting a defensive stance, Vanessa carefully kept alert for any threats while she waited for everyone to arrive, at which point she asked a single question. "Any preferences on how we proceed?" While in her mind looking for survivors seemed while securing the area seemed to be the natural first step, they didn't have the numbers to comb through the place in a timely manner nor did they have the ability to call for additional help. They could try to leave, but they had no idea where they were or where any other settlements would be much less military help. If they stayed here, they could try to investigate what had happened and with any luck there would be enough supplies to support them until merchants or someone else to the town as part of their travels. But this was not a decision for her to make alone, she felt that they had to make it as a group.

For a brief moment Sarah was pleased with having caught up with Abbadon, but that was quickly replaced with concern when she noted the condition of the street, the guards, and the smell. Quickly taking a few steps forward, she throws an arm in front of him to prevent him from going any further. "This is a plague street," she says quietly. "Those marks on the doors, barricades on the homes, the guards, it's all stuff I've seen before when a chunk of a city or town is isolated to contain a disease. We'd best go back the way we came, quickly."

However, before the two would have a chance to leave, something large and quadruped bursts through wall of the building the one guard was leaning against and pinned him against the ground. While it was difficult to see what exactly happened amidst the cloud of dust kicked up by the creatures violent entrance, the guard's scream being cut off by a sickening crunch made it rather apparent of what his fate was. The other guard, while not caught by the beast, wasn't doing all that great either as a brick sent flying from the destruction of the wall had clipped him on the side of the head, knocking him to the ground.

Sarah's response was immediate, drawing her sword as she addressed Abaddon. "If you can do something to help fight that thing, great, otherwise I want you to get the surviving guard out of here while I keep it busy." With that the swordswoman started walking towards the monster before flinging a ball of fire into the dust cloud. Despite not being able to clearly see the thing, her efforts were rewarded with a roar of anger and despite the reduced visibility she could see the motions of the monster turning towards her.

The One-Armed Man
1658212673956.png(2nd Summon)
Terminus exited the portal with a wary yet confident gait. The creature of eyes and wings had proved something else entirely. While he was not an expert on fairies by any stretch of the imagination, there was not a shadow of doubt in his mind that the being was fae in origin. Yet the image outside was not that of a dream world, but rather one of nightmares.

His back immediately arced and his brows furrowed as his eyes furiously scanned the scene. A city drenched in blood was not alien to him, nor was the snarling from neighbouring streets. The smashed statue, the glass in the windows, and the stone walls all pointed to an advanced city. This attack was more than a simple ransacking, these monsters were either intelligent enough to organise themselves, or were led by a much greater threat.

A lonely cathedral stood on a hill not far from their position, visible over the roofs. The cultural centre of the settlement, and likely the last fortified location.
He approached the armoured woman, careful of the noise each step made.
"Any successful siege must take the stronghold as quickly as possible, then take the city in sections once a point of strength has been captured. If we want any chance of repelling this attack, we reach that holy house first. With any luck, the survivors will have made it already, but those beasts will be in hot pursuit."

He looked around again, trying to peer through the shattered windows and broken doorways. It was no use; the inside was shrouded in oppressive shadows cast by the dark clouds above. If he was going to understand the threat, he would need a vantage point. Even climbing was difficult in his current condition, and his limited arms would only serve as a detriment in such an endeavour. Fortunately, he was not alone.

"My armour is too loud for quiet maneouvres; would you take to the roof and scan the city? We should be aware if any threats are close by, or any military structures still stand within the gates."

YsFanatic YsFanatic

Vanessa couldn't help but raise an eyebrow in surprise at the request. Sure her armor might be lighter, but that didn't mean she was any more stealthy than the man was. Adding in that she hadn't even climbed anything since she was a child, and well, the task didn't exactly seem like a feasible one to her. Even so, she knew that the man would be even worse off for the job considering his missing arm. Thus, the Tornado Queen secured her spear to her back and began assessing the different buildings, looking for the one that would be easiest to climb.

As she approached one of the smaller buildings, a house from what she can tell, Vanessa wished that she had paid more attention when Bester had done climbing, then perhaps she'd know how to go about this. "This is not going to be very quiet," she remarks before putting a foot on the bottom part of a window frame, her boot crushing some small pieces of broken glass. Holding onto the sides of the frame with her gloved hands, the warrior pushed herself up until she could reach for the slanted roof. Once she grabbed the edge with both hands Vanessa quickly realized that she had a problem when her feet slipped free of the frame, leaving her dangling there. Unfortunately, as her gloves were fine for holding a weapon and were well designed for protecting her hands during battle, they did not offer the kind of grip needed for climbing, which mean that only after a moment or two of hanging from the roof's edge that she lost her grip and fell flat on her back. Naturally such an impact from someone wearing armor was rather noisy, something that the Tornado Queen was all too aware of being the cause of it.

"I should have said no," is her comment about the results of her attempt to climb before getting back to her feet. Once up she got her spear free again as she looked around for anything coming to investigate the noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back