• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
The sight of the 'jester' caused Sarah's grip on her sword to reflexively tighten the moment she spun around and spotted it. Painful memories flooded her mind from the time on Ravenloft, memories of another being dressed in a similar manner, but wielding a scythe and calling itself the 'Shinigami'. The fiend had critically wounded her, killed others, and kidnapped a child on its way out. From what her friend Balint had told her, there was a person offworld that had been controlling the Shinigami, but they were never able to track down and deal with them. If the same person was involved with events on this world as well... well, it was unlikely but if that was indeed the case then things were possibly far worse here than Sarah would have guessed.

But she couldn't worry about that now. This Cicero had no aura she could detect, but the princess did detect two others and at their locations she could see.... nothing. Suppressing the urge to curse at the fact there was invisible enemies, she instead quickly picked a target and got moving. While the transformed Teruko and Kras, not to mention the jester, was in the way of the easier to reach, and more powerful target, that didn't matter to Sarah. Sprinting forward to the other two Chosen, the princess abruptly leaped up and forward as she drew close, her gut clearing the top of Omen Tracer's head by a matter of a couple of inches. Landing with a roll that brought her back to her feet without any significant loss of momentum, the swordswoman kept moving forward. Her eyes stayed on Ciero until the last moment, wanting the jester to think she was coming for him. But then Sarah slightly changed course towards the invisible presence at the entrance of the cathedral, the combination of abilities that made up her Spirit Strike attack helping her to close the gap at increased speed while guiding her sword down for a highly accurate attack.

Kras quickly listened to Teruko who had now become uncomfortably joyful and vibrant. Backing up he saw as her attack managed to finally break through the cage with the additional help of Shaena, having him lean further into the notion that the one who summoned this cage was not associated with the guards or soldiers of the city.

Placing his sword in front of himself as a shield Kras was able to see Sarah jump over Teruko, heading towards the clown, yet unknowingly to him, he saw Sarah dash past him, leaving him somewhat confused as it also didn't seem she was planning on circling the jester. Deciding to play it safe Kras slowly started walking around the clown, slowly getting away from everyone else but keeping an eye on Cicero, "What led you to commit you actions?" Kras asked as he took a deep breath, having gotten tired from his swing alone. "Perhaps you would be willing to share?" Kras's attention didn't break from the one in front of him.

He let go of one of the hands holding the blade and slowly placed it behind his back.

Interactions: Juju Juju

tw| PTSD, thoughts of not existing
Abaddon could only offer a whimper in return to her words. Who cared if he was real, maybe if he wasn't real then no one would have died, in fact it would have been better off if he had never existed. Even still despite these thoughts he couldn't help himself but continue to grasp onto the other, her words about him being desperate to hold on being spot on.

1648051055305.pngeven still he shivered through it, finding himself wiping off the mess on his face as she continued to speak, "I-I don't know much about customs or friends, or even trust..." he trailed off, gripping at her fabric painfully for a moment as the thought of a certain face echoed through his skull. He shook his head, trying to shoo it out before continuing, "you shouldn't trust me I could kill you so easily," he found himself shaking violently again, "I would turn you to dust in my hands, rip you very life from you I could and the worst thing was I would. I can't do anything else, I can't be anything else. You can't give me something I would just break, I can't, I wont hurt you again." he found himself coming undone again, shoving himself away as he fell on his back as he scrambled to get a few inches of distance between them.

he gripped himself tightly as his head swam. Images of dying faces at his hands flashed everywhere, his empty chest, the loss of feeling at something like that. The red hair paired with a smile, he cried out in a broken noise. He couldn't forget, he couldn't be happy. Why was he here, why was he given the chance and not him, not any of those he killed. How could he ever look at her face after everything he had done. He didn't know everything about what it meant to her, but he knew he could never live up to being able to withhold it.

"There is strength in vulnerability."

Abaddon flinched aggressively, his eyes wide and frantic like a prey animal as he searched for the predator. Who spoke, so clear through his mind, who was there. What could they see if they could slice through his mind so swiftly. He whimpered through his fear and spoke in a broken voice,

"wh-who goes there?" he practically croaked as he curled in on his own body.
interactions Juju Juju Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf |

Interaction: seasonedcat seasonedcat
Handholder Portrait-modified.png
Jane's eyes narrowed as the ominous warnings grazed her ears. But just as she reached out a hand to calm the folding boy in black, Jane became frozen.

"There is strength in vulnerability."

A coldness gripped her, holding her still like being in a flash blizzard. There was a shift in the air, one that triggered her cursed allergy. Things before her twisted and distorted, a dark symptom overtaking her eyes. Black veins began to swarm within the white lens. It blurred to a point where she could barely distinguish the light from shadows. But not before she saw a glint in her spectacles. A smiling face, a sinister mimic of herself. The sensation was dark and brooding, a familiar thing she has encountered before. One of only danger. But this was almost a fortuitous thing. With the onset of her disease, she could feel a faint tug in her mind. It was the Principle Particle. It was finally responding to her. The feeling was nowhere close to what she was used to, but it would have to do.

Without another thought, Jane instinctively reacted to the approach of this mysterious force, flexing her hands and focusing her mind once more.

'Activate. Flux-drive.'

The machines around her began to whirr back to life, along with the glint in her gaze. Even with the stripping of a majority of her magical abilities, Jane at least had enough to use the bare minimum of her arsenal. With a reflexive motion, her left arm sprung to the side of her large metallic harness. Placing her hand on a handle beneath a nook on the side, Jane delivered a heavy yank. A shine of light shimmered as a piece ejected itself.

Brandishing it before her, Jane held it almost like a blade. It appeared to be some sort of arm-like tool, one appearing completely iron-cast. A seemingly alien implement, just like the rest of her gear. It was sleek in metal, pulsing with a dim light as it jolted awake. With another swinging motion, Jane snapped it into a slot on her shoulder. She now pointed her hand forward as it jolted and jerked alive.

It felt heavy, cumbersome, almost like it could drag her down. Without her full telekinetic ability, she didn't know how long she would be able to last before she ran out of power and the thing would just nothing more than an anchor that would sink her down.

Jane turned her head, gazing back behind to the boy who curled into himself while still facing forward.
"Stay behind me. Everything will be okay. I won't let it touch you." As she said this, Jane lowered the shattered part of her mask over her face.

'A face is purposeless without a mask. Thus, a soldier without a battle belongs nowhere at all.'
I shall uphold your teachings, Captain. I will not disappoint you. Wherever you may be...

Last edited:

• b498228c1bfb7a23f13abc8b894eb12c.jpg

Shaena: Sir Phallis' squire. Currently the only drakenblood within the ranks of the royal guard.

She volunteered to keep a watchful eye on you all. Always thank your tour guide.
The sight of the 'jester' caused Sarah's grip on her sword to reflexively tighten the moment she spun around and spotted it. Painful memories flooded her mind from the time on Ravenloft, memories of another being dressed in a similar manner, but wielding a scythe and calling itself the 'Shinigami'. The fiend had critically wounded her, killed others, and kidnapped a child on its way out. From what her friend Balint had told her, there was a person offworld that had been controlling the Shinigami, but they were never able to track down and deal with them. If the same person was involved with events on this world as well... well, it was unlikely but if that was indeed the case then things were possibly far worse here than Sarah would have guessed.

But she couldn't worry about that now. This Cicero had no aura she could detect, but the princess did detect two others and at their locations she could see.... nothing. Suppressing the urge to curse at the fact there was invisible enemies, she instead quickly picked a target and got moving. While the transformed Teruko and Kras, not to mention the jester, was in the way of the easier to reach, and more powerful target, that didn't matter to Sarah. Sprinting forward to the other two Chosen, the princess abruptly leaped up and forward as she drew close, her gut clearing the top of Omen Tracer's head by a matter of a couple of inches. Landing with a roll that brought her back to her feet without any significant loss of momentum, the swordswoman kept moving forward. Her eyes stayed on Ciero until the last moment, wanting the jester to think she was coming for him. But then Sarah slightly changed course towards the invisible presence at the entrance of the cathedral, the combination of abilities that made up her Spirit Strike attack helping her to close the gap at increased speed while guiding her sword down for a highly accurate attack.

Sarah's strike rung with a clash of steel, knocking a second Cicero out of hiding. They were identical to the first, and as soon as they appeared the 'original' Cicero which stood in front of the broken trap disappeared in a poof of purple smoke.

"No, no, no! No cheating on Cicero!" The new Cicero whined like a spoiled child, parrying Sarah's blade with two long knifes protruding from their sleeve. "You weren't supposed to see me until later in the show!"

"What a spoilsport!" came another voice from behind Sarah. Yet another Cicero had appeared, slashing a sharp blade for the back of her neck.
Kras quickly listened to Teruko who had now become uncomfortably joyful and vibrant. Backing up he saw as her attack managed to finally break through the cage with the additional help of Shaena, having him lean further into the notion that the one who summoned this cage was not associated with the guards or soldiers of the city.

Placing his sword in front of himself as a shield Kras was able to see Sarah jump over Teruko, heading towards the clown, yet unknowingly to him, he saw Sarah dash past him, leaving him somewhat confused as it also didn't seem she was planning on circling the jester. Deciding to play it safe Kras slowly started walking around the clown, slowly getting away from everyone else but keeping an eye on Cicero, "What led you to commit you actions?" Kras asked as he took a deep breath, having gotten tired from his swing alone. "Perhaps you would be willing to share?" Kras's attention didn't break from the one in front of him.

He let go of one of the hands holding the blade and slowly placed it behind his back.

Interactions: Juju Juju

Even while this was going on, the Cicero parrying Sarah's blade answered Kras' question with utmost glee, "Oh, Cicero would absolutely, very much, love to share! Cicero was watching the cathedral, giving a little prayer! Nasty demons like to attack, you see, and how lucky Cicero was to find some new ones just before they could go on a killing spree! Nasty, nasty things! Hold still, please!"

Something purple shone from beneath Kras, Shaena and Omen Dancer. The harsh light illuminated them from below, turning the stone beneath them into violet embers. Static filled the air, making their hair stand on end. A moment later the ground erupted with purple magic, forming 6 ribbons of purple electricity that twisted towards the Chosen and Shaena. Two shot towards each of them, attempting to wrap around them and shock them like the arms of a giant jellyfish.

"Demons!? Are you insane?" Shaena shouted, "I'm with the city guard!"

Shaena swiped at one ribbon with a flaming mace, knocking it away while blocking the other with her shield. One of the ribbons wrapped around it, pulsing with arcane lightning and causing Shaena to scream in pain.

Another Cicero appeared at the base of a cathedral statue and gestured to their head. "Oh, but you have the horns! You must be a demon!"

At this time there were 3 Ciceros. Two were attacking Sarah, and a third stood to mock the now stunned Shaena.

In the Cathedral​

seasonedcat seasonedcat
A meandering chuckle filled Abaddon's head, crisp and sharp like a blade snapping under intense weight. The voice was clearer, turning from a faint whisper to a brittle voice, "Who? No, not a who. A what. A who requires identity, yes? A name... a meaningless word the ages will claim. Forgive me, I am... hmm... unaccustomed to talking about myself, I suppose."

There was a short pause, yet it seemed almost an eternity of silence. "Actions last longer than names, wouldn't you agree? And I see only greatness within you. A name to be wiped clean, and a renewed purpose for your insignificance! You believe yourself worthless, indeed you are wiser than most, it is through our cause that we find meaning. Only as noble as what you die for, wouldn't you say?"

The cathedral atrium seemed to fade away from Abaddon's eyes, replaced by the scene of faceless soldiers defending a group of fleeing civilians from a monster made of shadows and teeth. One by one, the soldiers threw themselves at the monster gladly, buying time for those who ran. Emotions that did not belong to Abaddon crept into his mind. An intense pride, of honor in dying for another. To find significance in the sacrifice of worthless flesh.

Then he was back at the cathedral. "Abaddon, yes that is your name? Wouldn't you like to wash the past with the blood you shed for others? A name not to curse, but to envy and revere... would you like that?"

Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf
Jane could notice the intense shift of her Principle Particles condensing over Abaddon like a blanket of twitching atoms. It seemed to almost look like a dancing crown, full of spikes and impossibly jagged outcrops. As she willed her machines to life, she could make out a second mass of Principle Particles, ones that had been close to her face, begin to drift away.

The voice she heard in her mind was different, though it was hard to say if the voice had changed or been replaced. "So ready to fight for the sake of another, so eager to stand for a cause, to bear the last banner of a forgotten army! What pure selflessness, a glorious awakening. Fear not, my sweet soldier, you shall find your battle sooner than you think... and you shall be magnificent. You both will..."

It laughed again as Jane took her stance, determination on her face, "Ah. Do I frighten you?"

While the two were focused on this invisible entity, Mother Merisa watched with concern. She motioned for the priests and bystanders to keep their distance and leave the prayer hall at once. She placed her hands together and sent a prayer to Mother Mercy for answers, and to protect these two souls from what she believed to be demonic influence. Her words flowed into a soft light, yet no answers came, nor did it seem to quell the deep unease she felt at the sight of Jane drawing her strange weapons.

Abaddon griped his hair, pulling it as he pushed his palms into his ears. He wanted to block out the voice that sent an ache through him but he could not stop the piercing tone. The words ran circles around his distressed brain, he just wanted it all to go away, he didn't ask to be here, he didn't ask for all of this.

at his next sentence Abaddon found himself letting out a deranged laugh. Actions? All of his life he had torn the lives from others with no mercy. He slaughtered innocents with no mercy, following the orders of everyone else because he did not know how to exist otherwise.
1649174383373.pngThere was no excuse for him, there was no justification behind his slaughter. His actions would stain everything he touched, even if his name lay forgotten the destruction of his entire world would always be the same.

how could he be wiped clean when his sins cracked and chipped away at him? No matter the coat of paint you add to a broken fence it is still broken. He curled in on himself and laughed, an insane sort as his unhinged eyes stared up at a nonexistent being, "Nobel to die for? What does it matter what I died for? I killed them all first, I destroyed everything first, and then when I was left alone with the consequences I fled, there is no honor in me, there is nothing noble about me."

he hissed it out, trying to block out the flooding of images that entered his sight. Pride, honor. But what about the fear, the man did not want to die, but he did anyway. He cried out at another death before his eyes as he let out a dry sob with no tears.

"no! I can't be washed clean! I can't! I won't! I don't deserve that!" He could only curl into himself so much before there was nowhere left to curl. He hiccupped and heaved through it all. He wanted nothing more than to be another person, to know what it is like to love and be loved. That couldn't happen though, he couldn't have that ever, "All the lives I've killed, I've murdered them all, so many dead because I knew nothing else! How could I ever deserve to not suffer for my sins? How could I ask for forgiveness when their corpses still rot. I said I died to let them rest easy but was it not just me running away from my punishment? How could something like me ever be a hero?" he shook violently, his hands gripping into his arms so hard bruises began to form on his porcelain skin. He was not like Jane, he was not like the other summoned, he wasn't redeemable, he wasn't the hero. If any of the others knew the extent of his sins they would no doubt feel the same. How could he ever hope to stand beside them after everything?
Juju Juju Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf

Kras

The light from below did not surprise Kras, already having made an idea of the opponent they faced. Taking a quick backstep and identifying the attack as electrical in nature, Kras pulled out two of his smaller swords from his back, catching the two lightning ribbons headed his way with the tip of both swords. As expected however the lightning traveled through the blade and into his entire body. The lightning however did not restrict his movement to a dangerous degree and in a short span Kras threw both of his swords carrying the electricity with them. One blade aimed at either of the Cicero's engaged in battle against Sarah and the other was thrown at the Cicero near the base of the statue.

Although not meant to be thrown the swords traveled with moderate precision and the speed of a cannonball.

Juju Juju

There was a short growl of frustration when the Cleria Sword was parried, as Sarah knew that if her powers hadn't been fucked with and her equipment sealed that she would have cut right through the knives and the jester without any issues. However, that was not the case and she could sense a second enemy moving in behind her, obviously going for a attack against what should have been a blind spot. Not wasting time, the swordswoman pushed aside her frustrations and dove to the side, the dagger slicing a shallow cut against her cheek in the process, and rolled back to her feet in one smooth motion. Her sword was already moving in a horizontal slash as she recovered from the diving roll, a blade of air flying from the weapon towards the twin Ciceros.

If the jesters paid attention, they might notice that the fresh laceration on her cheek didn't seem to bleed quite as much as they might have expected from a facial wound.

Omen_Dancer.png

#FF00FF
Tags:
Juju Juju Solirus Solirus YsFanatic YsFanatic

5241a5bcb2d73f483c3aede840c95f96.jpg
"Why, a spell like that is no match for Omen Dancer!" As the boulder-sized sweet puff rolled to the side, the magical girl struck a cool pose, making a sideways V-shape with her fingers over an eye and raising her knee up. As the jester-looking foe remained amused, inquiring of her power, she smirked. "You think that I, Omen Dancer, would dare give away a secret to a nefarious evildoer like yourself? Think again!"

Sarah then gracefully leaped over Omen Dancer's head, making the girl almost flinch from how close they brushed together. To her surprise, the princess went to attack some invisible presence that Omen Dancer didn't even know existed. Kras, on the other hand, seemed to go for a more peaceful initial approach. By the sound of things, their attacker saw them as vile Demons.

As the ground beneath Omen Dancer turned purple, she didn't waste another second. "Omen, take me out of mind and out of sight, grant me Flight!" Moments before electricity wrapped around those above, she took off with a cloud of dust beneath.

Shaena's pained scream did not go unheard.

Like an eagle, the magical girl swooped across, snatching the entangled knight in her arms. "Don't worry, Miss Knight, Omen Dancer is here to save the day!" Her confident grin literally sparkled as she eventually dropped Shaena on nearby ground. "Looks like I will have to use the full force of Candied Swirl to defeat them!"

Still hovering in the air, Omen Dancer flew after the third Cicero that had been mocking Shaena. "Omen, to drizzle over the sweet ice cream, Sanguine Strawberry Beam!" As soon as she flew above him, the magical girl directed her staff downwards. Another of her signature purple glows emitted from the staff as a forceful beam shot at the attacker.

Interaction: seasonedcat seasonedcat

Jane's eyes glinted, a streak of bright orange.

She could hear the tormented sobs just a moment before the masked woman gazed forward at the hidden foe. Comfort would have to wait, sadly. Though her eyes revealed nothing but the glassy washed lake of the summoning chamber, Jane felt something there with them.

Now that she stood apart from her frail friend, Jane began to refocus her attention. Her mind began to enter its trained flow state. She took in all feedback at once, noticing all at once the chaos and commotion happening directly before her. The any ounce of tenderness was now replaced by the calculating eyes of an errant vanguard.

First was a quick scan of her environment. Scan...Conplete.
There was a crowd of onlookers, some strange beings mixed in with humans. With a quick headcount of 524, and rising, this crowd was currently escorted by a few guardsmen who were attempting to flee from the hall. There fear and panic began to shake air. Above them all, was a strange dark entrapment that halted the retreat as far as she could tell. A strange magical dome had been cast over them, a type of arcane/physical barrier. Though the origin point, and spell designation was unfamiliar to her. The lack of an 'origin', probably meant the caster was either too far or utilized an unrecognized category incantation. As for the barrier itself, the closest to match were spell templates in classification of 'Zone Control', numbered #506 - #1002.

Jane's eyes fell briefly upon the other supposed 'chosen', who had entered a small skirmish with mysterious figures outside. Some used magic, others more brutish. Whatever the case, Jane wished them success if it meant preventing casualties.

But her attention quickly pointed back at the invisible target before her. The room they were in was open and mostly free from any potential collateral, optimal conditions.

The engine adorning her waist glimmered, the spine mounts intersecting as Jane lunged with her large mechanical arm. The metal limb bore straight like a lance, steam hissing out from the join sockets as the armored girl bolted across towards her target.

• b498228c1bfb7a23f13abc8b894eb12c.jpg

Shaena: Sir Phallis' squire. Currently the only drakenblood within the ranks of the royal guard.

She volunteered to keep a watchful eye on you all. Always thank your tour guide.
The lightning however did not restrict his movement to a dangerous degree and in a short span Kras threw both of his swords carrying the electricity with them. One blade aimed at either of the Cicero's engaged in battle against Sarah and the other was thrown at the Cicero near the base of the statue.
Kras' sword swung through the air with deadly precision and cleanly ripped through the Cicero standing beneath the statue, causing it to explode into a puff of purple smoke upon impact. The sword struck the nearby statue, and with a loud crack the beautiful carved angel fell to the ground into a pile of rubble and dust.

His other sword, aimed at the Cicero behind Sarah, also ripped through its target... and straight through to where Sarah would have been if she hadn't dodged the fake Cicero's strike just moments before. With a loud clatter, the sword bounced across the marble steps of the church and into the crowd. There was a roar of voices as many people scrambled out of the way, some even trampling over each other.

Cicero's high-pitched laughter emanated from the fading cloud of smoke in front of Kras. "Tricky, tricky! Not here not anywhere, Cicero is everywhere and nowhere." Two more Cicero's appeared in puffs of smoke in front of Tobias, giggling in their high-pitched laughter. They danced with each other arm and arm as if to mock him while singing, "See, see, you'll never catch me!"

There was a short growl of frustration when the Cleria Sword was parried, as Sarah knew that if her powers hadn't been fucked with and her equipment sealed that she would have cut right through the knives and the jester without any issues. However, that was not the case and she could sense a second enemy moving in behind her, obviously going for a attack against what should have been a blind spot. Not wasting time, the swordswoman pushed aside her frustrations and dove to the side, the dagger slicing a shallow cut against her cheek in the process, and rolled back to her feet in one smooth motion. Her sword was already moving in a horizontal slash as she recovered from the diving roll, a blade of air flying from the weapon towards the twin Ciceros.

If the jesters paid attention, they might notice that the fresh laceration on her cheek didn't seem to bleed quite as much as they might have expected from a facial wound.

At the very moment Sarah unleashed her Air Slash, a sword crashed into the Cicero on her right and exploded it into a puff of violet smoke. This seemed to catch the Left Cicero off guard and forced it to leap back to avoid being hit with the flying sword. It was a brief opening, but one that allowed her to land her slash. The wind cut into Cicero, renting through the leather armor.

The force sent Cicero stumbling back, and splattered deep red droplets onto the church's steps. Cicero recovered back to a stance, an arm pressed against their freely bleeding wound. "Oopsies, you caught Cicero... this old lady is REALLY not nice with her tricks..." they said, the bounce in their voice dampened by pain.

The watching crowd rose their voices, a mixture of shouts and cheers. Cicero shouted back at them in disbelief, "Oh, not you too!"

"Why, a spell like that is no match for Omen Dancer!" As the boulder-sized sweet puff rolled to the side, the magical girl struck a cool pose, making a sideways V-shape with her fingers over an eye and raising her knee up. As the jester-looking foe remained amused, inquiring of her power, she smirked. "You think that I, Omen Dancer, would dare give away a secret to a nefarious evildoer like yourself? Think again!"

Sarah then gracefully leaped over Omen Dancer's head, making the girl almost flinch from how close they brushed together. To her surprise, the princess went to attack some invisible presence that Omen Dancer didn't even know existed. Kras, on the other hand, seemed to go for a more peaceful initial approach. By the sound of things, their attacker saw them as vile Demons.

As the ground beneath Omen Dancer turned purple, she didn't waste another second. "Omen, take me out of mind and out of sight, grant me Flight!" Moments before electricity wrapped around those above, she took off with a cloud of dust beneath.

Shaena's pained scream did not go unheard.

Like an eagle, the magical girl swooped across, snatching the entangled knight in her arms. "Don't worry, Miss Knight, Omen Dancer is here to save the day!" Her confident grin literally sparkled as she eventually dropped Shaena on nearby ground. "Looks like I will have to use the full force of Candied Swirl to defeat them!"

Still hovering in the air, Omen Dancer flew after the third Cicero that had been mocking Shaena. "Omen, to drizzle over the sweet ice cream, Sanguine Strawberry Beam!" As soon as she flew above him, the magical girl directed her staff downwards. Another of her signature purple glows emitted from the staff as a forceful beam shot at the attacker.

Shaena gasped, catching her breath after the electric attack. She grit her teeth and gave Omen Dancer a nod of respect, though her eyes were full of rage. "Thanks, I'll get that bastard next time..."

The two dancing Ciceros hardly made an effort to dodge Omen Dancer's attack, as if they were no longer paying attention, and were easy prey for the Sanguine Strawberry Beam. One of the Ciceros were instantly vaporized into a cloud of smoke, forcing the survivor to pay more attention. They cartwheeled backwards, far away from Sarah and the others, and landed on the tips of their toes.

"Fine, no secrets for Cicero! We'll just have to improvise the show..." they huffed, holding up their hands. An enormous ball of crackling energy grew in their hands, growing steadily until it filled the entire space between their arms. "Hehe, you won't ever guess Cicero's surprise! No, no, take a guess! Cicero will give you a prize!"

As the Cicero charged up a powerful attack, something shifted in the dusty cloud of the broken statue. It was invisible, but the speed of its movement was enough to stir the cloud of dust. Whatever it was, it moved towards Sarah at an alarming speed.

The crowd below the church also seemed to change with the state of combat. At the back of the crowd the people began to disperse and part, though for what it was uncertain.

In the cathedral...​

seasonedcat seasonedcat
Abaddon's hopeless words seemed to cause the disembodied voice to grow in strength and excitement. He could taste blood in his mouth and smell the faintest fragrance of flowers rise above the heavy candle-wax of the cathedral. "Yes, good, good! You understand! You are worthless in yourself, unworthy of the fleeting pleasantries of honor and comfort as you live! It is only after you die, your blood on that blessed ground that you become what you are meant to be, a crimson lotus rising above the muck of your sins!"

It laughed so joyously in his mind that he could almost see a toothy grin of pride and mirth, "Oh, suffer you will! Mark these words! Why it is only the action of your sacrifice for others that is the real hero, not you. For you are worth little, yet this flesh of yours can bleed for others who shall live and prosper from your torment. Use this worthless vessel as a servant of others. Your bloody hands may never wash clean, but you may fill them with blood of your own. You have spilled the blood of others, and now you shall spill blood for others."

"No need to think too much on it, I am sure you will understand in time, my friend."
It finished speaking just as Jane jabbed her spear through the mass of strange energy.

Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf
Jane met no resistance as she charged towards her target, though could hear its laughter ringing in her ears. The mass swirled around Abaddon like a vortex, spilling into his own aura until it was indistinguishable.

This was interrupted by Jane's spear strike, stopping the flow of strange particles like a river frozen in place. The energy drew back, shifting in her sight as if wiggling in a way that looked sickeningly like joy. It stayed still for a moment, the voice returning to her mind. "Such quick action! A blazing heart of selflessness! That captain would be filled with pride! I know I am. Oh what great things you shall do..."

Dramatically, the particles exploded outwards, sprinkling invisibly onto the ground of the church like petals in the wind.

Jane - In the Cathedral... moving to Outside of Cathedral
Interactions: seasonedcat seasonedcat

Captain... Anelle...

A splash fluttered over her, washing her in invisible petals as Jane stood there with her arm outstretched and extended. She was stunned. It felt like she had been slapped by a cold wave in the early morning. Her eyes were roused wide, and Jane found her thoughts fizzling.

How did they know...? Did they read my mind? How is that possible? I didn't feel...

The machinery began to whirr, the light fading as with her concentration. But the calculating, logical thoughts had already begun to resurge. Jane lowered her arm and stood there a moment, taking in the new information.

No, of course. My PRF effectiveness has lowered significantly in this new... existence. Not to mention it was capable of a type of abstraction ars. An illusory classification not uncommon for entities also versed in inception ars... If they are indeed capable of both, I will have to be much more cautious.

Despite her recollected resolve, the concern did not dissolve as she turned towards Abaddon. They seemed to be shouting something this entire time, tormented by the strange jester-like entity. Jane stepped forward to inquire about their immediate wellness, but the flash and explosions down the hall at the entrance drew her gaze. Seeing that the conflict was nowhere near over, Jane decided it would be more efficient to just act. She had a suspicion leaving the boy here alone would only invite more danger, and they seemed to refuse to fight. So within reason, there was only one option available to her.

If her goal was to protect Abaddon, the best way is to take him with her. For now, there were others who were in urgent danger This is a direct priority. Then she will have to council the frantic boy at a later point.

"I apologize if this is against your will. But this is for your own good." Jane said robotically.

With a wide scoop, Jane grabbed the boy in the large floating hand. The long claws easily wrapped around his narrow torso, and she quickly lowered him over her shoulder. But just as the weight was shifted onto her, she felt a abrupt hazy static in her vision. It shot through like an exploding pixel on a camera. Her eyes quickly blurred and a pain coursed through her head. Though shocking, this wasn't an unfamiliar feeling. This was the price of using ones own PP. On top of this, her PP still needed more time to recover.

Flux reverb feedback has grown 17^2 in diametric scale. Lucidity coefficient is rapidly dropping. At this current state, I am only within 2% of maximum power. This means... perhaps I can keep stable function of the synapse-drive for only 207 more seconds...

When drawing from an internal source, the principle particle produced by a single mind is equivalent to the gray matter and synapses available in their brain. Thus, mental recovery is incredibly important for a Maegus. Overuse of this can easily cause malfunction of core processes, and cause immediate blackout. Of course, no tissue in existence can heal back to pristine condition. Long term abuse, will...

With this in mind, Jane hurried her movements and rushed forward to the others. No time to waste.
"I hope you are comfy up there!" she said, before turning her attention at the conflict raging before them.

Last edited:
Despite the chaos of the rapidly changing circumstances of the battle, Sarah was able to keep track of what was going on and realized that the one charging up seemed to be void of supernatural energy, unlike its fellows. That indicated a illusion of some kind to the swordswoman, a theory reinforced by the fact that the other one that had been almost without an aura had dissipated into smoke when hit by an attack. While she knew there was a chance that they were instead somehow masking their energy, that was something that would be incredibly difficult to do with the kind of attack that was supposedly being charged up. Confident that it was a decoy meant to draw their attention from the wounded and invisible foes, she decided to ignore it in favor of the one approaching her. However, she did not tell the others of her discovery as Sarah did not want to alert the enemy that she was wise to their plan. Plus, if any of them did attack the Circero charging up it would be a form of insurance for if she was wrong.

Multiple options for dealing with the invisible enemy flickered through Sarah's mind before she decided on a simple, direct, and hopefully overpowering one. It was risky because if her target didn't die then she was almost guaranteed to get hit, but it was a risk she was willing to take. When she sensed the invisible enemy was entering the reach of her sword, a burst of yellow energy abruptly erupted from Sarah's body as she tapped into the power of her Boost Mode. With her body empowered by the energy, she quickly went through the familiar motions of the Crosscut, adjusting as needed to compensate for any attempts to dodge from the attacker, the Cleria Sword being swung first in a horizontal slice and then almost instantly transitioning into a downwards vertical cut to finish the move.

before the summoning....
Haamiah, Curator of Souls, Telantes/Salvatore
05809f36b30e9137d9b19fe7c036dacd.jpg
46b4bebe358b84047171a47aec5c20be.jpg
f469e47d9fdb27a2c82d56b667752ae0.jpg

Before a great Curator of Souls, the angel known to a single mortal as Haamiah could only kneel and weep blackened tears of rejoice and unknown terror. The being with eyes unnumbered and unseen touched her shoulder without a single motion, and willed her to rise once more. Their genderless face held no expression, as if nothing more than a mask.

She knew why it had appeared, but could not understand what had caused judgement to pass.

Beside the Curator stood none other than Telantes, though she did not know his name. He did not know hers, and she prayed to the mother it would stay this way. She shot him a look, though was careful to hide her anger. “Was it you behind this, who has two names and both unknown…?”

“You surmise a grudge? An impossible display of hubris and vice, one long ago shed with shadows. Indeed it is the fledgling’s curse to bear such clouded vision, perhaps what is to blame for such poor choice of chosen. Truly one is not to blame. A task is not meant for one such as thee.”

The black-winged angel’s eyes twisted and flared, betraying her otherwise calm composure. Her voice was just as even as before, though it took much effort. “The Mother looks fondly upon the winding path from the depths. All tribulations are to be her will, to strengthen her children."

“Indeed, a singular mistake is to be a lesson, yet one that may stirr ripples.”

Haamiah felt fear rise up. What he suggested was impossible. “Those reincarnated Chosen are pure, I have watched them and know the hearts within. Free of affliction, potent of will…”

“O child, O harbinger of chosen souls. Does one see and know? The chosen ones are stained, an affliction of old be upon them. Fractures of pollution of other worlds. Weep not for that which impure eyes cannot see…”

Haamiah knew better than to respond. She concentrated on nothing, though could not help but have her mind wander to her chosen. She had been watching them tirelessly… but had she missed something?

“O doubt, be purged.” The words sent searing heat along her eyes, making them weep, “Have no need of it. The Mother has laid it bare and shown us, as we have seen it, we who stood at The Mother’s side through darkest night. Ease thy heart, The Mother of all that is good shall save them, and wishes for her dear child’s second chance. A second summoning.”

Haamiah clasped her hands together, the eyes of her wings and face closed to keep them from sobbing. “Praise be to the Mother and her Mercy, I am unworthy of it.”

“O harbinger, rise and fulfil thy duty. The Mother awaits.”

With that, the curator was gone, slipping through the fabric of reality like a hand through silk. Telantes stayed where he was, all eyes staring at Haamiah, searching her every move for signs of that vice. She stood tall and unphased, reining in emotions that threatened to boil over.

“Might a sliver of wisdom act as a salve,” he began, placing crudely humanoid hands in the pockets of his jacket, “The loss of wings is a fate kinder than most. Be not afraid.”

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐
The second summoning
└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘
seasonedcat seasonedcat Solirus Solirus jmann jmann Vexumin Vexumin Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
Haamiah, An Arbiter, Yineon
05809f36b30e9137d9b19fe7c036dacd.jpg
5c2b9c582f7ed25e2093560a21492540.jpg
3f3d4d508e7d1f133d9d13bda5cefbec.jpg

When the last of the Chosen had been brought to The Place Between, Haamiah stood over them with her hands clasped together. She prayed to The Mother to protect them, and to be content that these children would bring new life and change to her blessed world. She would pray for her own mercy, yet such a selfish thing was a sin. It was as she prayed that she felt something disturb the statis of the silver pool. She looked up from her prayer.

An arbiter. It looked almost human -- or rather, two humans -- a sure sign of their holy power and ranking upon Mother Mercy's Divine Steps and a tell-tale sign that the rumor of corruption was sound. What's more, it meant that it was being taken very seriously. Her chest, as hollow as it was, tightened with the fear she tried to suppress.

The arbiter floated silently, staring into Haamiah with uncountable and invisible eyes. Whispers invaded her mind, too quiet to hear the words of, and she knew why it had come.

Beside it stood a grinning angel, one who seemed to be at the cusp of rising another step. She waved with all four of her arms, white wings flapping in joy. "Why hello there! It is so very nice to work with you! You know, a friend of mine has spoken very often of you! Those are not very nice things of course, oh but I am very happy to be working with you at long last. I hope that we will be working together for a good long while yet! It would be a shame if the things my dear friend said were true! Why, we would never see each other again and that is quite a terrible thought!"

The absence of her previous guardian angel, who she did not know the name of and never would, was stark. For the good of all, she would not mention the change. "Yes, I am happy to 'work' alongside you as well, friend. May we stay at each other's side for many long days to come."

Haamiah felt her eyes water and sting from looking at the other angel, so she turned her attention quickly away to the sleeping Chosen. The quicker she roused them and ushered them into their new life the better. She was absolutely sure that all of these Chosen were pure, in fact she had watched them for much longer than the previous Chosen before bringing them here. There was no way this summoning would fail, but if it did, well. She did not wish to think on it.

"Shall we wake them, then?" The angel beside her said with an excitement Haamiah did not share.

Haamiah bundled up the last of her courage and extended her hands. "Hark, O' sleeper. Awaken."

As the last word was spoken, the sleep that held each of the Chosen was broken. As they began to stir, Haamiah completed the prayer, feeling frail as she spoke the holy words, “Be not afraid, chosen ones, for your salvation has been granted by the benevolence of Mother Mercy. Origin of all that is good, and mother to us all."

"Origin to all that is good, and mother to us all!" Yineon echoed cheerfully.

The arbiter was silent and watchful.

Yineon clapped her hands, grinning ear to ear, "Now, you all may be quite confused, lost even. But myself and my good friend are here to help you every step of the way towards reincarnation! Go on, ask away! Oh I do enjoy questions very much!"

7bd5c81f81885e6b4c9370e63c4036af.jpg

When Raein Prahsk awoke, it was with hands clasped together. He knew the fate that had befallen him. He knew that he had perished in his world. He knew that he had joined Aniir and his great eagle. His skin was laid bear in this place, wherever it is he had awoken, his armor not upon his flesh. Even though he was baren, he was not cold. There was a warmth to this place of serenity, but something made the man feel not at ease. As his eyes flicker open, he looks upon these figures before himself and others about that he could not quite truly glimpse.

Haamiah bundled up the last of her courage and extended her hands. "Hark, O' sleeper. Awaken."

As the last word was spoken, the sleep that held each of the Chosen was broken. As they began to stir, Haamiah completed the prayer, feeling frail as she spoke the holy words, “Be not afraid, chosen ones, for your salvation has been granted by the benevolence of Mother Mercy. Origin of all that is good, and mother to us all."

"Origin to all that is good, and mother to us all!" Yineon echoed cheerfully.

Mother Mercy. Such a strange name to be told so suddenly. These were not his gods though. Where were his gods? Where was Aniir and the great eagle? It was such a grand and almighty beast that was meant to ferry his soul for judgement, but he had not seen it. He bore it's likeness upon his chest for quite a few years, but upon coming to this place, he was unable to see it.

He attempted to stand, but found he could not yet move his body. Nonetheless, his eyes moved back towards the figures before him. They were clearly some manner of almighty beings, speaking of this Mother Mercy as its envoys. He could not yet discern the manner of which they represent the being they speak of. At this point, Rae was beginning to grow uncomfortable. He attempted once more to force his arms or legs to function, but this awakening of sorts was unlike the genuine article. The only thing that he found he could move were his lips.

Yineon clapped her hands, grinning ear to ear, "Now, you all may be quite confused, lost even. But myself and my good friend are here to help you every step of the way towards reincarnation! Go on, ask away! Oh I do enjoy questions very much!"

In the end, the questions that Rae had to ask might have been foreseeable. "Where is my patron god, Aniir, and his companion, the great eagle? Have I not served them well enough? Why must I be reincarnated? Did I die for nothing? I understand that my death was rather sudden and perhaps a bit pathetic, but was it not enough? To die for others?" Though the questions held great meaning to him, he was still cursed with his soft spoken nature, each word coming out no louder than a whisper. In this situation, he had to curse his world for its dangerous nature, making him fearful to raise his tone, especially in a scenario such as this. He hoped that it would not have him overlooked.

In death, his face did not carry the cosmetic mask he liked to put upon his face, so his tears traveled down his pale greyish flesh with ease and little mess. His mind began to wander and he came to a sole conclusion. He had to have been stolen from his patron god, coming to this conclusion even before the figures before the chosen ones even began to respond. He felt in his heart that he had to stay true to his faith. He must, lest he fall from Aniir's grace.

Last edited:
As Vanessa's conscious returned to her, her first thoughts of being pulled from Bester's body and then turning to reach for him only to find the spirit medium floating on the water, seemingly asleep. From there everything had gone hazy, and when she opened her eyes she realized that she had no idea where this place was. As the Tornado Queen sat up she realized that she didn't feel quite right. It didn't feel as if she was a spirit, nor did it feel the same as when Bester had given control of his body to her. Raising a hand in front of her, examining its armored form, slowly the brown-haired woman realized that it felt like she was alive again, in her own body. Not paying any mind to the spear laying next to her as it was of no importance at the moment, the ancient warrior looked up at the angels with wonder in her eyes. There was a single question of the utmost importance to her that she had to know the answer to, the rest could wait for now.

"Does this mean that there is a chance of an afterlife for me after all?" If it did, that would mean that her long search was finally over, something she knew would make Bester overjoyed. The thought of him gave Vanessa pause. It had seemed like he was alright despite their sudden separation, but she had to know for sure as not having the power borrowed from her made him far more vulnerable than he would be used to. "Is Bester alright?" If he wasn't, well, that was a thought she did not want to entertain. Instead she forced her thoughts onto another topic for the moment. The fact that something like this had happened while pursing a lead made the spear-user wonder if they had hit the jackpot in figuring out what happened to Sarah, just not in the way they had been expecting. But that was confirmation she would seek after her other two questions were answered.

The One-Armed Man
Leofred_01.jpg
Terminus awoke with a start. His mind was alight in a sea of emotion he could not fully grasp. There was anger at himself and at the man who had slain him. There was sadness at his failure. There was also a grim satisfaction in being done with his life. That was until he woke up. He immediately dropped to his knees, clattering down into a pile adorned in shattered mail of black glass. He tore the visor of his helmet clean off, before ripping apart the helmet itself to get it off. He could feel his lungs stretch with every breath. There was a new feeling to them. He glanced down and finally noticed that his mortal wounds, including the gaping hole in his chest, had been healed entirely, leaving fresh smooth skin that had never felt the hard toil of combat. He also noted his older scars remained, as did his severed arm.

He gazed between the other people around him. Their clothes and mannerisms spoke that they were all from different places. Yet all of them were here now, in from of these alien beings. They were like nothing he had ever seen before. Too many eyes for any one creature, but not in a way that rocked his core like the creatures of his homeland. This was not the doing of foul sorcery…

More people around him were beginning to awaken, so as much as it pained him to swallow the thousand questions in his throat and await more people. If this was truly another world he had been transported to after death, he would want to quietly observe as much as possible. The time for action would come shortly.

Jareth laid immobile on the floor, he attempted to move his body but it didn't respond. Each breath he took was met with a sharp pain that coursed his body, reminding him of the searing of his insides. The world was blurry to him, his eyes tired with every second and his ears only heard that awful silence. His sense of touched had been burnt away and he could only feel as he body rose up, picked up in a hurry. The cold wind entered his flesh a grim reminder of his failure. His flame was fickle and weak, fading too soon, overwhelmed by the shadow of a superior, never gaining the light it deserved.

He felt his body placed on a soft bed, his vision had now blackened. These were his final moments, his life flashed before him he wanted to cry but his body lacked even the life for that. It was all a comedy and a tragedy, to be forever far from his goal like a pig chasing a carrot on the stick. He would be forgotten, for he was nobody, nobody but a shadow of someone truly important, worthless and meaningless.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air rushed in through his nostrils as he quickly rose up, he could see and hear clearly now. His skin was free from the burns and his heart pumped blood once more. His thoughts traveled through his mind clearly at first a shock of relief and later a moment of realization. Collapsing into his knees he started hitting the ground in frustration. His shame, anguish, regret lingered with him still, had he been saved simply to suffer more? The words of the angels in front faded as his punches started becoming enveloped in flames causing waves of fire to emanate from him. "AFTER ALL I GO THROUGH, AFTER I SACRIFICE MY VERY BEING TO TRY AND BEAT HIM I AM STILL NOT ENOUGH AND YOU SAVE ME TO WITNESS MY SUFFERING?!" His anger was displayed as the waves of fire grew in size and heat. A Golden light halted and dissipated the indiscriminate flames that approached any other being in the area.

1651008428510.png

1651075722561.pngAbaddon felt sickness grow in his stomach, did this thing intend to use him the same way that he had been used so many times? Was that truly all he was good for? Maybe that's everything he had been born to be, maybe that was why he was summoned here again. Not for mercy but just to be used as yet another tool for something that wanted to be greater.

"I don't want to hurt anyone ever again!" he shouted to it, curling further in himself. He didn't want to hurt people, he wanted to be good, he wanted to protect them. But what if that meant hurting someone else to do so? He didn't want to think of that, he didn't want that to be the reality. He would not hurt someone or something ever again, he could not continue down the same path.

through his hazy thoughts he was grabbed by his new friend, his mind crashing back down as he now blinked at her from his place on her shoulder. He didn't bother to struggle with her, if she really wished to kill him after everything he just said, she had every right to do so and he would not stop her.

as he sat on his spot on her shoulder his gaze turned to the battle going on as best he could from where he was placed. "what's going on? Are they in danger, why are they fighting?" he found himself asking almost frantically, an uncomfortable sensation flowing through him at the sight of yet another battle before him. It was making him sick, why does everything have to be resolved in such a way? He did not want to hurt anyone...
Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf Juju Juju
---
1651075778856.pngthe loud bang they knew to associate with the same wounds from before filled his ears for only a moment before it all ended. Their arm out stretched towards something different, unlike the carnage it was familiar. They were familiar. But it all ended far before he got the chance to grasp at the sight before him.

their body went from the feeling of nothingness to something again, air flowing through his lungs yet again. He could hear an unfamiliar voice reach their ears as their wings twitched before they sat himself up. He coughed as he opened his eyes, the remembrance of burning pain from smoke sending phantom pains through his lungs.

it wasn't until a hot familiar heat sprouted near him that his eyes flashed open, fire filling his vision. He jumped away panic filling his chest. Were they still there, was the forest still burning? All the dead bodies filled his head as they grabbed his hair, scooting away from the fire in such a panic their back hit another person.

they flinched at that, turning around frantically expecting to see the same barrel of the black creation at his forehead again but was met with a human(?) man. Their breaths were harsh as they glanced back and forth at the man and the fire, afraid of both as his wing clutched his torso like another arm. Fat tears began to fall down their face as they stared at the man with his big eyes, "please..." was all they managed through their panic as they waited for some form of impact.
mentions Solirus Solirus | interactions jmann jmann

Last edited:

• 0dee91f24a23ad91de74979ed19c80df.jpg
    2a6fd1ba7235f5df924ced86bd620f02.png
    Shaena, Cicero, Cicero & Cicero

Solirus Solirus AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa
    "Aww, nobody guessed the surprise! You all are no fun at all! For that, you'll all get this... fireball!" The Cicero cackled with glee. The ball of energy in their hands had grown enormous, and cast a blinding glow across the stones.

It blasted forth towards Kras, who under normal circumstances would likely be able to dodge it. Unfortunately for him, he had overexerted himself mere moments before, and as he tried to move he found himself crippled by a burning sensation in his throat and chest. He found himself stumble, the searing pain inhibiting his movements. (minor character controlling as given permission by Solirus Solirus )

Shaena was quick to notice the sudden change in Kras' stance and looked between him and the incoming ball of energy. She sprinted towards him, her shield held high, "Kras! Get out of the way!"

He of course could not move, and soon enough the blast of energy was upon him. Before Shaena could get to him, as she intended, Kras was engulfed in a crackling blast of purple energy.

Kras' sight was consumed by a blinding light, yet he felt no pain at all. When the spell had passed he found that he had sustained not a single scratch, and that the stones around him were equally untouched. In fact, it seemed as if the giant ball of energy had done no damage to anything. After the attack, the Cicero that had unleashed it stood still and quiet, completely unresponsive to any attack or interaction.

Perhaps a trick of the eyes from the afterglow, but Kras could see that there were thin golden threads around the passive Cicero, leading towards where Sarah was.

Shaena lowered her shield after the magic faded away, her eyes wide and confused. She quickly approached Kras, "What the...? Kras, are you alright? What happened there?"

YsFanatic YsFanatic
    The Cicero in front of Sarah laughed, though it quickly turned into a cough, "Hey, hey, you can be friends with Cicero right? Cicero takes back all they said about the nasty old lady stuff!"

Blood pooled from between their gloved fingers as they held onto their side, their breathing labored. They were waiting for their partner to arrive, trying to gather up Sarah's attention long enough for their shadow to strike. They had no idea she was expecting the sneak attack, but were quick enough to react. They extended their hand towards the air behind Sarah, emitting a bright pink light before she struck.

Sarah's first slash hit collided with a burst of pink energy very similar to the one that hit Kras. Sparks flew in all directions, and behind the burst yet another Cicero appeared from out of their invisibility. Unlike the previous ones, this Cicero was silent as if in deep concentration. It was forced back by Sarah's first strike and easily rolled back onto their feet. They rushed forward, their hands crackling with a new spell. A beam of pink light connected them to the wounded Cicero, giving their purple magic a pink undertone as it took the hit from Sarah's cross slash. A pink cloud of energy held back the horizontal slash just long enough for the Cicero to narrowly dodge it.

"Cicero thinks that demons... should die..." They muttered, gathering up what seemed to be energy from the wounded Cicero. Jester masks appeared around Sarah in a circle, each glowing with pink and purple energy. They laughed in unison and from their mouths each unleashed a powerful beam towards the old warrior.

seasonedcat seasonedcat Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf YsFanatic YsFanatic Solirus Solirus AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa
    Jane and Abaddon made it out of the cathedral to witness Sarah being shot at from all sides by a ring of floating jester masks. From their vantage point they could easily see two Jesters near Sarah, one deeply wounded while the other controlling the strange masks. They could also see Kras, Shaena, and a very strange magical girl facing another Jester that looked to be slouching like a puppet on strings.

They were also just in time to see a bloom of white light fall down upon Sarah, sheltering her from the onslaught of purple and pink energy. After it absorbed the attack, the light faded away in a shower of magical feathers and the mysterious masks faded away. A woman garbed in a fine dress was riding towards them on a horse, accompanied by 5 knights. One of them was none other than Sir Phallis.

The woman stopped her horse and entourage be before the steps of the temple. "Cicero...? By the Mother Mercy, what is the meaning of this? I was told the blessed Chosen had come to us at last. Why would you bring violence to the Mother's very temple?"

"Cicero was defending the temple... very boring..." said the injured Cicero, who was now kneeling on the ground from exhaustion.

The other Cicero disappeared into a puff of purple smoke and appeared beside their injured ally. They helped the other Cicero up and leaned them on a shoulder. "Cicero sensed a dark power here, one that could only be demons."

"Oh but first Cicero told everyone to stay back... and watch...even the knights."

The lady, who appeared to be an elf, frowned at the blood pooling beneath Cicero and waved her hand. Again, a wave of white energy flew towards Cicero though this time it mended the bloody wound on their chest. The blood stopped flowing and the flesh pieced itself together. "I commend your vigilance, Cicero, but the Order of the Black Sun does not have the authority to command the city watch..."

"With all due respect, your highness, as a matter of fact I do." said a man, walking from out of the crowd.

bc8debf00d9842c067b3f24c8a5fa29d.jpg
    91d09acff0e253ce33341b4dbe0b66d7.jpg

"Lord Hightower... were you behind all this then? How long were you planning to let this play out?"

"Oh, only until I had a better idea of wot our Chosen here could do, and I must say they did splendidly." Lord Hightower shrugged his shoulders, his heavy plate armor clinking together. "I have to admit I thought they were demonic too, why with that dark scent in the air an' all. After seeing em in person, well I can't say this is the first time I've been wrong. I figured that doddering old knight of yours would bring you here anyway. T'was only a matter of time. I was right, wasn't I? Besides, nothing like a little proof of strength, aye? Couldn't resist seeing wot the good Mother's kiddos could do"

"Even so, my father may not be in his best state, yet I could never imagine him giving over the authority of the city watch to your order."

"Don't believe me hmm? Well, if you insist, here is the letter. Signed, sealed and sent straight to me housing. Your old man and me were good friends back in the day y'know. Wot before all that nasty business..." The lord said, reaching into his chest plate to pull out a small scroll. He handed it to the elf and waited patiently. She unrolled it and after reading a few lines her expression seemed to fall into one of disbelief.

"Well, if that's all sorted out, your highness, then you'll excuse us. I'd like to take these Chosen ones here to the guild hall. Got a few words for our Holy Saviors... might have a use for em too."

"This may be true, yet it is the crown and the church who are to receive the blessed champions of Mother Mercy."

"Well, then. Suppose we let em choose. Only right for the agents of the Mother's will."

The princess looked down, thinking of her options. With a sigh, she finally nodded her head. "The Chosen are free to choose their paths, as they always have under the Mother's watch."

She turned her gaze towards the Chosen scattered around the temple, "You may choose to go with Lord Hightower here, Headmaster of the Order of the Black Sun, or you may accept my invitation as Princess Elaria Brightmoore. There is perhaps a third option as well, as tradition would hold you may also seek shelter within Mother's Embrace under the domain of the church. I am sure Mother Merisa has already offered you her protection."

"Go on then, we don't got all day." said Lord Hightower with a smile, crossing his arms.

As much as it annoyed her, Sarah had to admit the teamwork between the Cicero jesters was solid. If it wasn't for their quick thinking she had no doubt she would have struck down the invisible one, leaving the wounded one an easy target. Instead she found herself surrounded by masks for an attack she knew was going to be trouble. The swordswoman only had one thing she could think of at the moment to try to deal with the situation, but it ended up not being needed as some kind of barrier appeared around her and blocked the beams.

Sarah took note of the new arrivals when the barrier and attack spell went away and how quickly hostilities from the jesters stopped with them here, but did not sheath her sword yet. Instead she quietly listened, a look of anger appearing on her face in the process. This being done as some kind of test was something she viewed as being utterly foolish, as if it wasn't for the teamwork between the two Cicero, she would have ended up killing both of them, apparently robbing the realm of some of its defenders. But, unlike the encounter with Mother Mercy, Sarah is able to reign in her anger for the moment and initially does not speak and instead turns her thoughts to the options being presented to them. None appealed to her, she wasn't thrilled about taking the help of the church of the god that had wronged her, but she also felt distrust towards the Black Sun commander after this little stunt. Finally, going with the princess seemed like a terrible idea considering how poorly most nobles tended to reach to her personality.

Instead, the Neilgo princess decided to seek out more information by asking the native who had sprung to their defense. "Shaena, what's your thoughts about these options? Do you have any recommendations for us?" While waiting for a reply, Sarah glanced over the other 'chosen', noting the burns on Kras from the fireball. Thankfully they didn't seem to be too serious, though him seemingly being winded already was concerning. The colorful girl at least seemed to be ok. For the moment though she did not take note of the other two emerging from the church as focused as she was on those around her and speaking to them.

Shock was the first feeling to overwhelm his mind when confronted by the white winged being. Rae understood that maybe otherworldly being such as these would most likely be blunt and pure manifestations of their creators intentions, but this creature was far more than blunt, she was obnoxiously full of herself, and more than that, she taunted his patron god. The god he swore his very existence to serving! Rae never usually took an aggressive stance against almost anyone, but in that moment, he gave the being a look unlike any he had given to anyone ever before. It was a look of loathing and disgust. This thing was not beautiful, at least on the inside. It made him a little sick, that something like this could ever stand over him in the realm beyond death.

Rae soon finds that he can move a little bit. The seated form he took was hunched over and looking up to these beings, but in that moment he summoned forth the strength to straighten his posture, shifting his legs underneath him as he rested his balled fists upon his upper legs. He wore a plain yet defiant expression. He cared little for her mocking his passing, he knew it was a weak way to go, even if he did perform a few minor heroics before his death, but what irked him most was her blatant disrespect of Aniir. However, his defiance would last for only a moment, as soon the being adorned in dark wings spoke.

At this moment Haamiah dared to speak up, feeling the watchful eyes of the arbiter behind her. She clasped her hands before her, to appear stoic, as she said, “Raein Prahsk, I have watched you for some time, and might I make a humble judgement on your part, thy deeds and heart are noble. Weep not tears, for the favour of Aniir smiled down on you, even now. As does the Mother’s gaze now smiles upon thee. As Chosen, as blessed ones of great deed and heart.”

This being, though he did not know her name, was one that he could respect. To think that he was observed in life and that his struggles and efforts were indeed not in vain. He raises a hand to wipe the tears from his face. Whomever this being was, he would stand tall and do what he could in this new world. He'd do it all in her name and in the name of his patron god as well. He tries to stand only to find himself falling forward, catching himself before he could hit the waters bellow. When she has finished speaking to some of the others about, Rae speaks again, though in his whispered tone. "Y-You," he calls, unsure how to refer to her. "May I... have your name? You are beautiful in and out. I would venture to this new world in hopes of doing great things in the name of my god and in your name as well."

The Tornado Queen is silent for several long moments as she thinks about the answers she had been given. While she would have preferred to be given more information about the afterlife, the vagueness of its nature was something she and Bester had encountered many times while inquiring about the afterlives of various worlds. As such she decided to let the topic drop at least for the time being. Instead she turned her attention back to the topic of Bester. After everything he had done for her, he deserved to know about her situation. "I would like to request that Bester be told about my current circumstances. Consider it a favor that would be owed to you." It was perhaps a dangerous option to freely owe a favor to a divine entity who's motives she did not yet understand, but Vanessa felt that it was worth it in this case.

Finally it was time to tackle the last of the questions she had for the entities. Taking a few moments to consider how to word the question, she then finally spoke up. "We stumbled across you during a search for someone and I suspect it was not a coincidence. Do you know Sarah Christin-Landale and was she brought here as well?" If these really were beings of good like they claimed, or at least implied, then they would tell her the truth. If she would later find out otherwise, then Vanessa would know to never trust them again.

Even when the flames that spread from his body ceased, Jareth still hit the ground in frustration, utterly deaf to Yineon's words and even unaware of his own silence, still hearing his own voice through his mind. Finally Jareth stopped having tired himself. Jareth watched as the being in front approached him, it's blackened wings catching most of his attention before snapping back after listening to the words that came out of he mouth. His mind began to race with thoughts as Haamiah spoke.

Who do you think you are. Are you trying to lecture me to tell me what I should do and think. I bet you don't know what it feels like. How should I even learn from utter defeat, that I amount to nothing? Don't you try to lecture me with your all so mighty superiority.

"Just leave me alone" Jareth finally spoke, staying seated and turning his body to face away from everyone. Burying his face in the palm of his hands Jareth took a deep sigh to further think on what was happening.

Juju Juju

Omen_Dancer.png

#FF00FF
Tags:
Juju Juju YsFanatic YsFanatic

5241a5bcb2d73f483c3aede840c95f96.jpg
Omen Dancer fluttered to the ground with a cloud of dust puffing behind her. Her gaze darted to the injured Cicero, raising her staff momentary... but opted to watch everything play out beforehand. It was a good thing; she might have blasted the attacking jester if not for the revelation coming from two strangers. The magical girl twirled the staff around her fingers, dropping it beside her head where it hovered in place. "So it was all a test!?" she cried out.

Indeed, it was! And it was none other than the Order of the Black Sun they'd hear of earlier that was behind this. But, Omen Dancer could at least recall how they were the supposed good guys. And who was this Princess Elaria? She looked absolutely stunning! A lot more than Mr. Hightower, who, if the magical girl had to be honest, she wasn't a total fan of at the moment.

Omen Dancer scurried over to the rest of the group and past Shaena and Sarah, taking the options to mind. To stay harbored with the Mother Merisa to do who knows what; to join Mr. I-Must-Test-Out-People and a crew of savants; or to join the astonishingly beautiful princess to wherever she went? Imagine the sweets available to the princess!

The magical girl didn't spare a second thought to where she'd be going. She pushed non-existent glasses over her eyes, chuckling pridefully for no reason. Then, pupils glittering, she skipped over to Elaria, taking the princess' hands in her own (if she was allowed to). "Luminous Omen Dancer Tracy will join you, then, fair Highness!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back