Other Random question of the day

Not all characters are going to get a happy ending to their story and that’s okay!

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Random question of the day:

Is it okay that some fictional characters don't get a happy ending to their story?
It’s more than ok I can think of Edward Elric from the original FMA didn’t get a happy ending. I don’t see a story that needs a happy all the time.

The problem comes with writing an other-than-good ending. Either the ending is unfulfilled, which is boring to the audience; or it's bad, which is very hard to do in a way that doesn't feel like a cop out. Which is why you'll usually see side-characters get the "bad ending".

My strict Irish Catholic grandma chasing my aunt (mid-teens at the time?) around the neighbourhood after she tried to sneak out the window to go to the pub.

I love Total Drama, it was one of my big special interests throughout my childhood. I'm not getting my hopes up, I don't think it'll be good. It looks like a lifeless fan-creation and nothing like the og seasons.

One topic of controversy, Chris McLean's recasting, is something I'm actually optimistic for despite bad first impressions. Terry McGurrin's got this! I trust him!

Random question of the day:

What are your thoughts on the Total Drama reboot?
It sucks it’s worse than the classic total drama island. And I loved total drama island with Dunkin’ being my top favorite cuz he was a bad boy. The goth couple was another favorite and the goth girl quen or how ever you spell it was also a favorite. Notice a pattern here? I loved watching it as a kid and when I saw the reboot total dramarama which was when they were kids I HATED IT IT RUINED EVERYTHING. Especially since I had a crush on Dunkin’ as a kid so seeing him as a baby kinda made me feel weird about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back