Other Random question of the day

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Random question of the day:

Do you ever get the feeling that something serious is happening whenever you have a sudden and random unexplained pain in your body?
Yes I have scoliosis surgery I always think one of the rods broke.

Since we've been shown some raunchy/foul-mouthed outtakes from kids shows before, would you like to see what other raunchy/foul-mouthed outtakes these kids shows have that we weren't shown?

I don't particularly care about that, so... no?

How easy is it to mistake a fictional character's gender based on the masculine or feminine features they have?
It's super easy. I do it all the time. But if I get corrected on it then I fix my mistake and move on. Usually I manage to stick to what I been corrected to. But sometimes it's hard, me myself as a genderless gender neutral person. It's hard for me to recognize features aswel. So I even make the same mistake with real people. Even if they aren't part of the LGBTQIA community I still make the mistake. But I do my best to be a good person and call them by their proper pronouns

That song sounds like a murderer sang it. So I’d love to see John wick murder someone who wronged him with the song playing in the background

Are there cases where the supposedly "best character" in a movie/TV show/video game series is actually the worst character?

I would imagine so. Especially if we count cases where the creator(s) clearly has/have a favorite character, but as a result that character is just plain a Mary Sue and often has a lot of other stuff piled on that just makes not only the character itself, but whatever product they are in worse.

Is stoicism the right approach to anything in life?

As with many currents of philosophy there are a ton of variants here, and as I'm answering this question rather late, I don't think you would answer if I asked what specifically you are talking about. So I'll answer based on the general idea, to my understanding, of what stoicism is - the notion that happiness can, can only and should be attained by the means of a 'virtuous life'. I think there is a coronel of truth to this. Living a life of virtue is something that involves a certain mindset and a certain way of acting towards and around others and yourself. On one hand, this could have a very positive impact in your life, from your reputation and social relationships to feeling good because you've taken proper care of your own body. Furthermore as the central budhist belief goes often want is the cause of suffering, and so if you don't say feel entitled to status or wealth or whatever else because you can be humble and not fall into jealousy, then this would very much help just being happy to have what you have. That being said, I think it ultimately doesn't work. Yes, trying to live more virtuously and aligned with good principles is helpful in many aspects of life, but there's an extra missing step or two in really achieving happiness through it that comes from both the lack of a true grasp on what the right virtuous would be and how to apply them in our lives, as well in the human limits of each person. Plus, I don't think true happiness can be achieved until we are in Heaven.

No answers yesterday either. Hm...

If you had a clone machine, what would you use your clones for?

Heavily depends on what the clone machine does, precisely. A perfect clone machine that creates an indistinguishable copy of myself I would probably avoid using except in a real emergency where somehow only a clone would be helpful. If it was the kind of thing that like, stored my DNA and copied as I was at the time, I might create some clones later in life, carrying on my legacy or something.

If the machine makes clones that are like, innately loyal or even obedient, then the possibilities grow quite a bit. I could get them to do work for me I don't want to do and isn't instrumental in attaining knowledge (anything from watching videos to studying would still be stuff I would have to do myself, unless there are some kind of hivemind shenanigans here). Playing the grind part of games, going shopping, attending classes I only to go to be marked present, etc...

The number and timing of me making clones would be something else that is heavily dependent on the machine's characteristics. Like, does it make clones that are self-sustaining somehow or which dissolve after a time, or do they need food and drink and such? Cause if the later, then I need to consider the logistics of several more mouths to feed. Us getting jobs would be ideal, but for one getting a job is harder than some people make it out to be, and two several people with the exact same face, name and skills applying for and getting into different jobs seems like it would at bare minimum raise some questions....

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Do you ever get the feeling that something serious is happening whenever you have a sudden and random unexplained pain in your body?

The number of times I felt a random pain somewhere in my abdomen and asked myself if that bit of fat was finally catching up to me and giving me a heart attack, oof. I also had a period when I was younger where I was old enough to be aware of more abstract religious and philosophical notions, but not old enough to place them in a more mundane frame of reference, resulting in occasionally being pretty overdramatic when I got sick.

How easy is it to mistake a fictional character's gender based on the masculine or feminine features they have?

At least in stuff I watch it's not usually that hard to tell, but there are certain characters purposefully made to give the impression of the other, and that can leave you suspecting some cases...

Since The Muppets did one, what other fictional franchises would you like to see do a cover of Bohemian Rhapsody?

None. I'm not a big fan of the song to begin with, and really Queen and Beetles covers are a dime a dozen.

Why do a lot of rockstars indulge in booze, tobacco and a lot of food knowing that it's gonna affect their appearance later in life?

For the same reason anyone else does despite what I would argue is probably a much worse risk, that of wrecking their own health.

Why do a lot of rockstars indulge in booze, tobacco and a lot of food knowing that it's gonna affect their appearance later in life?
They're lost and chasing after the wrong things. Also, that's the culture in that circle.

A lot of times. I think a lot of people kind of look down on it as somehow unfair, but the simple fact of the matter is that it is a very practical principle because for one it's simple and for two allows you to get started, say, distributing something, without waiting for all the possible candidates or even an unknown amount of candidates, nor making those people wait what could be absurd amount of times.

Picture trying to offer food supply after a crisis, in an area without proper facilities due to the disaster, so the food might spoil if you get it to people on time.

Picture a salesman with a limited offer of certain of products, unsure if people will even want to buy the product that is the special offer and the client certainly won't wait around just to see if 500 more people show up that might also want the think.

Furthermore, there's a lot of situations in life where the criteria for who should or who you would prefer to get what are just too vague, too many, too hard to track, or any other number of characteristics that make it so you have little to not way to actually applying that criteria, especially when talking about a huge or unknown set of people. Leaving it to the first to arrive isn't leaving it up to chance per say, but in many people's views it would certainly be pretty close to that. How fast one arrives could also show a higher interest or need.

Lastly, sometimes being 'the first' means 'being the first to make something that requires a considerable amount of effort'. In such situations, there is a trade-off from not using first come first serve, because that means you could well be wasting a considerable amount of time and effort. This last criteria is why my RPs often have that kind of principle when it comes to accepted players or character sheets, I don't want to make people waste their time as that is something I hate myself. It's also part of what is in the basis of patents: In order to promote people to innovate and to take the risks needed to develop new ideas, new technologies and such, one gives them a sort of 'first come first served' protection (many of these have been extended way beyond what's in my view reasonable, but nonetheless....).

Are there any characters in a movie/TV show/video game/comic book that are just so useless that you could replace them with a cardboard cutout and you wouldn't notice anything different (In your opinion)?

What would you do if you inherited an old castle from a family member and the castle happens to hold a gateway to a far away mystical land?

First of all try to figure out how on Earth a family member of mine had a gateway to a faraway mystic land, what that implies about me and what that mystic land is like.

Depending on the answer I would either live there and try to explore, sell the place, or make my best efforts to contact armed forces to barricade the place and prevent anything from escaping to our reality.

Depends on what qualifies as “a fight”. Opinionated and often a bit contrarian as I am, there’s been no shortage of arguments. And Lord knows some topics have to be minefields even when I’m not trying to have a discussion or argument of any sort, such that I’ve lost friends over it. But actual fighting like throwing fists never happened over a disagreement, unless you count being really pissed at someone fooling around as a disagreement.

Depends on what qualifies as “a fight”. Opinionated and often a bit contrarian as I am, there’s been no shortage of arguments. And Lord knows some topics have to be minefields even when I’m not trying to have a discussion or argument of any sort, such that I’ve lost friends over it. But actual fighting like throwing fists never happened over a disagreement, unless you count being really pissed at someone fooling around as a disagreement.
Just a verbal fight, no actual fisticuffs have to be involved to qualify for the question to be answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back