Other Random question of the day

No? Changing font doesn't affect word count.

So, I was basically right!

Barney-How-I-Met-Your-Mother-Self-Five.gif

I mean, maybe. As Onmyoji Onmyoji pointed out, changing the font doesn’t change the word count, but if your font is smaller then within the same space you can have more words. So if you have a 2 page limit or a 2 page requirement, then you could fit more / would have to write more if the font is smaller.

I am unsure what the point of specifically separating the font size of periods and commas would be though.

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Random question of the day:

Is it true you can make a paper longer by using 12-point text and 14-point periods and commas?
Like others have said, if by "longer" you mean page count, then yes, it will make your paper "longer". However, it probably won't make a reasonable difference, and if the basis for "long" is by word count, then it's useless.

It's also a pretty cheap way to squeeze around an objective, and it's probably better in the long run to just figure out how to be more detailed in your writing (without being wordy, of course).

This is an example of a bunch of text, you see. It is exactly the same text as on the other side, except in one, I've enlarged the commas, periods, and even apostrophes and quotes to illustrate. I've increased the size from RpN's "15" into "18". I'm also using lists, short sentences, and a choppier writing style, very possibly with an overuse of commas. This pushes the example further into the extreme. Well, at least I think so.

This is an example of a bunch of text
, you see. It is exactly the same text as on the other side, except in one, I've enlarged the commas, periods, and even apostrophes and quotes to illustrate. I've increased the size from RpN's "15" into "18". I'm also using lists, short sentences, and a choppier writing style, very possibly with an overuse of commas. This pushes the example further into the extreme. Well, at least I think so.

Interesting.

If Cinderella's shoe was a perfect fit, why did it fall off?
It was perfectly fitted to her shoe size, not skin-tight. Since it's glass AND a slip-on with no extra buckles to secure it properly, running down a flight of stairs after a night of sweaty dancing would probably lead to it slipping off on its own, lol.

What if the shoe was not a perfect fit, and the prince just couldn't be bothered going around looking at people trying out shoes anymore?

You have asked it before I'm pretty sure, but who cares? It's hilarious.

The two vegans had be’f with each other.

Last edited:
I think so. Look at the kids committing crimes just to get more views on Tiktok

to me fame can indeed corrupt a person including if money is included and the person becomes to greedy not saying everyone will but it can happen prime example of fame getting the better of him Justin Bieber there are probably other popular people as well and not just him but he's been banned from the U.S. and can't do tours here soo ya his fame here in the U.S. defiently corrupted him if he thought doing minor misdemeaners (that can get you detained if police thought it endangered others) where okay for him to do.

Is it true that fame can corrupt people into doing things they wouldn't do otherwise?
I don't think it's the game that does it, but the need for validation. And perhaps an inflated sense of self-importance from that validation.

No. The second book would solve 50% of what is left. Meaning no matter how many books you buy you will never have no problems, you'll simply continuously halve the amount of problems you currently have.

"If a book says that reading it can solve 50% of your problems, would buying two of the same book solve all of your problems?"

Hmmmmm Let's think about it. If this book solved 50% of your problems then it didn't solve all of the others it could not ? As then you wouldn't have those 50% problems left ! And if you buy another book then it will continue to solve only the 50% problems it can !

For example if your problems is not knowing how to swim and the book solve it. If you buy another book with the same infos then this one cannot help you learn to swim again ! Your problems change but unless it's magical the book content does not.

The sad conclusion is then that this book will only solve 50% of your problems no matter what.

If you buy 2nd copy it will solve exact same problems as the first 50% (which no longer need to be solved, since they were already solved by the first copy). So buying 2nd copy will do nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back