Other Random question of the day

My apologies for yesterday's question, everyone. I was unaware that March is National Women's Month, and if I had known this, I wouldn't have asked yesterday's question.

Random question of the day:

Would you like to have a pet that can communicate with humans such as Lassie, Flipper or Skippy?

I think that would be neat, but even more heartbreaking when they died…

And also I would have to keep it a secret lest someone come in and confiscate them, whether for “protection” or experiment.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, Skyrim.

I'd also love another Pokemon Ranger, but I don't see that happening any time soon (or ever).

I would love to see a sequel for Sleeping Dogs. A return to the triads of Hong Kong with the awesome (or a further improved) fighting system would be a blast to experience!

I'd also like to have a proper sequel for 1997's Total Annihilation and the 1994/95 Tie Fighter game, but considering their age and their already present spiritual successors, I doubt I'll ever get them. The return of Jeremy Soule for the TA soundtrack is a must!

Guess it would, assuming the people working there all had the sense of humor and improv skills to make it work. That being said I'm pretty sure it's standard practice to reserve the area before you start filming.

I'm pretty sure a lot of shows are filmed in the same locations but it's a funny thought, yes.

I don't think kids are directly responsible for much that happens on YouTube. I know a YouTuber whose channel I used to like made the decision to completely change his formula and demographic towards children, and that ruined it for me completely. But it wasn't the existence of children that ruined that, it was the decisions of the channel's owner.

Kind of.

There's fans and then there's bad fans. A fan appreciates something for what it is or will become. Bad fans try to warp something into what they want it to be*.

For my examples I will use JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, because I'm cringe.

A fan would probably make pieces of fan art simply asking questions, like "what would Kakyoin look like in Part 4 art style?" It's a good question, and generally a harmless one, and can lead to some neat art. A bad fan... honestly just look up the JoJo fandom and scroll down for a bit, it's not hard to find.

Bad fans arent really fans at all. A fan is set on appreciating what is or will be there, and isnt dead set on changing what's not. Sure, sometimes fans will argue that a decision made on the creative side was a bad one - like shipping two characters canonically that have no chemistry (looking at you Adventure Time >:[ ) - but at the end of the day they're not trying to "fix" anything.

But that's just my 2 cents. I'm not a huge "fandom" guy to begin with- except Battlestar Galactica. Touch my BSG and I'll break your kneecaps.

Edit: forgot the *

*this gets really murky, and should be handled on a case by case basis, like many things.

MOBA. Though I've not played one in ages, I am well-aware that unless you're "in," you're vehemently "out." Personally, the idea of a MOBA is rather compelling, but the existing ones lack the required atmosphere for me to delve into them.

"Walking simulators" as well. Admittedly, I've only really appreciated them once I'd grown older. Very good for introspection, or generalized thinking, even practicing how to think in healthy ways. Very good for mental health, if you simply allow yourself to be patient.

Last edited:
MOBA, I guess. I mean, they are indeed toxic but also fun. If you can ignore the community you can still enjoy the games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back