Other Random question of the day

Why do they make a lot of good shows/movies exclusive to on demand streaming services these days?

It's a game of hungry hungry hippos with shows, and shows carry audiences. Streaming services want to control as many shows as possible and not give people other avenues to see them, so as to force more of the increasing streaming audience to pick them over other streaming services. The more shows you can only watch by subscribing to Disney+ over some other streaming service the more likely it is that people will do just that. People can't afford every streaming service, they have to pick and choose, and if you want that money you need to have a roster that competes.

Anime fans know this matter particularly well as anime streaming has been divided this way for a long time, each streaming platform competing for being the exclusive license of shows, and is one of the primary reasons for there to be so much piracy in the medium (well, that and the generally awful quality of those streaming services).

Money, of course, but whatever.
As someone who has streaming services, I don't mind paying to watch programs I enjoy without commercials and binge watching them if I so choose.

Not sure, I believe this is a cultural thing (Mexico) but here Super Smash Bros Brawl was liked, but people in the tournaments really hated it saying how superior Melee was. I thought they were really just being silly.

Random question of the day:

Do you get annoyed with tv shows adapting COVID-19 related things such as face masks?

No, I think normalizing it is a good thing. Especially for the younger audiences; seeing these things as normal makes them more likely to do those things themselves. Also, it somewhat acknowledges the situation we're in, which is a good thing. Sometimes it's good to know that people aren't ignoring the hardships of the current time.

Random question of the day:

Do you get annoyed with tv shows adapting COVID-19 related things such as face masks?
I don't watch live television, but yes.
I've visited my grandparent's house and yes, it ticks me off a bit
I've completely blocked myself out from hearing any information about that shitty fuckin' virus, and I don't want to hear about it again. It's more annoying than hearing about the fucking royals or whatever in the fuck.

Only when they half-heartedly do it. Some programs will have characters wear the mask for a couple of minutes then completely disregard them afterwards. I mean either wear them completely or not.

Don't think so. Beckoncall Beckoncall are you real?

YES!

However, *YOU* are the main person. In fact, Life is something to the effect of "The Idea Show!" -- Do you know how hard I had to ride my agent to get a Cameo here? It's not a "Speaking role" per se, but the protagonist MENTIONS ME in this episode! <3

AngelCloud AngelCloud are you real? Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back