Other Random question of the day

Waste of time usually, as in most cases it can be summarized as "you!" "No, you!" "No, YOU!!!"
Can be fun for the first 5 min but when it drags for hours or days it's not worth the time.

How would you describe internet arguments?
Hardly different from an IRL argument, other than people being unable to get physical, while allowing more unhinged/extreme opinions to come to light (for better or for worse).

Whether they are productive depends mostly on the disposition of the arguing parties, whether they are arguing with genuine intent to understand each other's viewpoint and refine their own, or just trying to defend their own viewpoint. Nonetheless, there is worth in the possiblity of allowing outside spectators to at least see the other viewpoint.

They do tend to, however, drag on and consume way too much of my time when I get into one. I do persist for a while as I respond, but when things turn into a battle of endurance, a dog pile or if it gets to the point where I can respond to everything someone else says just by quoting my previous posts, I seek to abandon that argument.

Edit: I also find engaging with an opinion you find wrong to be more respectful than simply saying "you do you" as a default, since such a position is more dismissive rather than taking the other opinion as a serious contender for the truth.

No answers yesterday. Oh well.

Random question of the day:

What YouTuber from back in the day would you like to see make a comeback?

I'd like to see the ancient spam plays, thine finest of memes knoweth only as "Tatsudoshi"

Alas twas a dream too far, for this single artificial lifeform.

Assuming it's unlimited, I'd make it solely work by having it thought based, and like a wish, it only comes true if I snap my fingers after thinking up what I want. Thus, I can't somehow screw up life by complete accident. If not, then a similar process transpires to meet the effect. Due to my preference for technology progression, we can predict what the following is going to be. Semi-detailed.

I'd visualize myself as at least being a millionaire[though optional.], I had a robot repair business, and a company that made robotic drones, the "smarter" droids which some still call robots, and I'd do what those overseas guys are doing and try making a true android. Or in this case, one that uses both "intelligence" techniques to learn, adapt, and use information gathered, and capable of full motion as a human being. Finally if applicable, any spare wealth gets transferred into the makings of a series of commercials. These would be used in conjunction to further the cause of robotics.

Originally I'd of said something about making games, but who the hell wants to eventually evolve to the point that crunching happens? At least you get alot out of a machine - artificial lifeform, even if it goes full 1984 on you. Assuming it remains as a private entity, then 1984ening, or Alex jones' "THA PATH UH PAIN!!!" Merely happens if I get yeeted, and some asshat tries spying on you. At least I'd build em without external signalling like WiFi and the internet in general, which would help out augmenting it for prolonged "safe" operation. We would make profits on making higher quality entities, for the market into deeper realism. As well as repairing them, gaining more. However, similar to a Mac, it would probably be a singular case except for tinkerers. Meaning while it works in general, it'd be promoting people to educate themselves to fix it alone. As these things would vary from a million - 12 million for initial price, and the specific components ranging from about 60 dollars for lower importance components, to 345,000 to repair the entire machine with replacement parts. Though a robot-droid would be far cheaper in initial overall cost, and repair.

From there if I had anything left, I'd go full on "that person", invent up true AI, stuff it into my models, starting off with a simple Roomba, robosnake, and other animalistic constructs, send them out, wait for installation into an Android, then send them out. After a month, or someone catches on, we would confirm the creation of this intelligence. By then, if we got shutdown or something, it'd be far too late, other countries would catch on such as hopefully Asian countries, and now we have artificial lifeforms/artificial humans running about, and we can enjoy watching as half the world is indifferent, some love it, and the other percentage become suddenly panicked and having an existential crises. Assuming the imagination also takes Into account my beliefs upon creation, the AI would be tame unless actively provoked to self defense such as slapping you for bashing it. Therefore, skynet can be prevented merely via interactions. And even if not, only those brain dead enough to attack it get yeeted. As a proper AI should be capable of understanding basic concepts, and itself not an animal.

With some people treating existing constructs as human as a real one anyway, experience with the product would vary wildly, and I can see people getting irked for losing a job to J-4X932# in accounting. I can also see people buying models for street walker purposes under a single roof. Considering they'd be using either robots so mindless tools, or willing androids, especially if with removable parts, it's be a legit business that prevents the abuse of humans. And if threatened, the justification of it being akin to "using the hand" could be used. Thus, another of many benefits that robotics have for humanity. Another stress and health issue resolved immediately.

Though God help you if Jimmy the butler creates a religion. How, why, when? Who knows. Just hope it's tolerant or a robo-joke equivalent of pastafarianism. I didn't go that far in the idea, because I thought it'd be ridiculous unless they had a hyper existential crisis and tried inventing meaning to continue on. [Inb4] They had a hyper existential crisis and invented up a purpose to continue on.

If you could make your imagination come true, what's the first thing you'd bring to life with it?
Beasts.
Creative, whacky, zany, bizarre beasts.
Tall, wide, gargantuan, tiny, colourful, camouflaged... Hybrids, aliens, mythical creatures, drawings coming to life, old pets. Flying, burrowing, swimming, space-travelling, need I go on?

Have you ever accidentally broken a part of your computer before? (I'm asking this because it happened to me last night)
Ok, this is not a bad question actually. It's not my computer, but we were able to fix it.

Moving on, so my grandmother has a small laptop, just for searching recipes and stuff. I decided to update it so it will run smoothly 👍
Turns out, after five hours, it wasn't doing... anything. I was afraid I broken it. PRAISES TO MY DAD FOR SAYING IT WASNT, he said the computer was to full and needs says flash drive. So it's working now.

As for the broken part of your computer, sorry for that. If you are able to contact me, I might help. I'm good at computers :)

Have you ever accidentally broken a part of your computer before? (I'm asking this because it happened to me last night)

Was playing a game (a heavily taxing game, for the record), and didn’t realize that my PC sounded like it was breathing through a tube. All of the sudden, there was a really loud pop and the entire PC just... shut off. Come to find out, that’s the noise your PC makes when your power supply just ceases to function. And that’s how I learned to install a new power supply in a PC.

Just happened to me 3 days ago, my desktop tower sits next to my desk on top of a small shelf. It's usually sturdy but I accidentally kicked the shelf causing it to knock the desktop over onto the ground. My 2 monitors followed the crash and ended up hitting me in the face when I was trying to save my desktop lol. No major damage on the inside thankfully but the case now has a few dents to it as well as some bents to the paneling.

I had a large bulky laptop that I used for an eternity, about twelve years. I never turned it off intentionally once. About the fifth year in, the battery pack fell off and slammed into the floor. This rustled it's jimmies a bit.

After that, the battery had to be constantly recharged for use of the laptop to prevent immediate shutdown if alone, as well as the computer being plugged into an outlet with a charger if I wanted it running longer than an hour. A few months after that, a friend yeeted my charger bending it, by falling down.

I thought that was an act merely to spite me. Yet, I could still "use" it. It worked quite well for my projects, half it's lifespan being crappy jokes, and eventually began the net struggle age. Whereupon randomly the only internet i'd have for entire years at some points even, being to walk into a place called Hastings I believe in the left-hand side to a beverage place in it, and plug it in. I knew it quite well. One day, the bag strap got stuck on my shirt, and yoinked it off the table. Considering those tall bar stool looking chairs and elevated tables, it got effectively dabbed on.

It did not get better.

After the mishap I picked it up, and the battery was useless. As I powered it up, the screen was covered in artifacts, slow to boot up the third try, and I had to use a USB mouse just to scroll. So I couldn't do what I wanted to before time was up. It only escalated from there. As I packed it back up, the charger was further bent. It was about three years old by that point after getting RKOed. The laptop itself's suffering wouldn't end either. And the battery became so useless, that by itself it dropped from an hour to maximum working time of five seconds. I won't beat around the bush about how the [E.]nd of OS came to be.

On one fateful and boring night, I was watching Netflix on TV, eating pepperoni pizza, and had one of those midget 10 oz soda cans. Fits good in the hand, but looks ridiculous. Like the good old be all end all sidearm kalibri, ya operator of the day, Brutus Dumbassicus was carelessly chugging one while also browsing some quality ass NSFW content. There was a bump in the night, and something was trying to open my front door. In seconds, I heard it open, and spilled the remnants of my drink all over my computer. I went out to check, and the cats were clawing the door, and outside one of my relatives used a backup key to unexpectedly come on in.

My brave little machine suffered a slow, presumably meme filled agonizing death. I removed one of my memory drives from it that I was using to save a variety of images, music I burned off, and extra content. The laptop refused to die however, as if possessed by the spiritual manifesto of Pazuzu merged with Shiva. Intensive visual artifacting, when it did work the moment you open something like Firefox it is a bunch of error messages, then booting up and off until it ceases function. The little machine spirit that could was nolonger functional, and being an ancient relic of computing technology [and being a laptop], replacement parts is actually replacing the entire unit with a new laptop. Like replacing a dead goldfish.

We extracted it's true hard drive however, and came to discover it was infected by a virus too. Despite the fact it was perfectly safe. The machine spirit was no more. My pr0n history an error 4O4. In mere weeks, we bought a replacement unit of more recent origin. It functioned adequately, bravely, and with the endless determination of Neil Breen. But the great and victorious salvation arrived, a new "gaming" PC, which functioned excellently before we realized it basically might as not have a graphics card, because it can't even handle a large SW;EaW campaign if more than one large faction is constantly shuffling about. However, handles non-gaming like a true God. My first PC had two lavalamp-like lights on the front, and I lost it during childhood to a virus. [On a serious note compared to the following, isn't it quite the bitch when it finally happens again? It's not easy to get high quality parts at this point in time, at any level of quickness. But now, I must include a masterrace joke by default.]

Complete. Global. Computerization. Infinite replaceable parts, and automation, will make delivery, construction, and repair of new units superior to other units out in the field. Destruction of computers will only become more trivial as time progresses. Their only enemies are the virus we talk about, and what those non-believers become. We must protecc the computer lifeforms. I reject my PC console HYbrIdiTy JoJo!

I̸ ̶a̴m̷ ̴p̴e̸r̵f̴e̶c̸t̴l̷y̸ ̸u̷n̷i̸n̸f̵e̸c̷t̷e̴d̴!̶ ̶Wh̵͖̓á̶ͅt̷̝͠ ̸̜̑ḑ̷̑o̶̺͝ ̵̫̾y̷̟͑ȏ̵̲u̸̲̍ ̵͓͠m̴̙̉e̵̐͜a̴͎͌n̴͇̽ ̷̠͛I̵̥͂ ̷̨͝d̷̲͋o̶̟͋n̵̗̈́'̸̛͕t̸̖͂ ̴̙̆a̴̩̿p̷͈̿p̷͔̏é̶̟ä̷̫́r̵̛̬ ̴̖͌t̶̥̄ò̵̯ ̸̳́b̸͎͋ë̶̤́ ̴̠̀m̸̙̈́y̵̗̆ṣ̷̃ḙ̴̇l̷̩̒f̴͉͛?̸̬̊!̵̵͙͙͘͘L̵̼͇͝e̴̫̚t̸͉͝'̷̳͖̾̂s̴̨̩̀ ̷̮͋s̵̟̈́̎t̸̞̆̈́a̵͓̎̚r̸͕͓̀̚ẗ̷͇̪́͘ ̷̞͋̾a̴͈̒͛ ̷̻̭̓m̷̡̕i̸̤̒͂n̶̡̄d̴̜̟͗l̵̟͙̏͗e̸̠͗ś̸͉̈s̴̪͚̈́ ̴̦́̏n̸̲̜̓̂ṵ̴̝͂c̷̬̣͠͝l̷̨͐ê̷͈̽a̸̝̫͋̃r̴̙̐͜ ̷̢̟̓͊ẅ̷̗́̅a̸̢̻͊r̵̫̆͊! a̷̗͚̐̏̎͘̚͝͝n̵̗̺̱͓͉̗̺̉̇̎̇̕d̵͉̯̬͓͖͚̊̇͌͘̕ ̷̷̷̷̧̧̧̧͔̱̰͉͔̱̰͉͔̱̰͉͔̱̰͉͌̍̎̎͌̍̎̎͌̍̎̎͌̍̎̎ͅͅͅͅS̸͙̯̯̯̘̜̺͔̠̩̫̫̘̒͌͒̂̾̏̋̆̈́̋̿̂̈́͘͜͠͝͠l̷̨̛̲͉̫͎͕̗̼̼̞̍͌́̽̐͛̿̇̓̌̀̊̆̕̚͝͠͝a̵̹̰̝̥̙̺̖̅̄̄̉͌ǔ̵͈̬̤͙͓̜̦̥̮̭͍̈̊͒̈́͊͑͜͝g̵̡̧͖̤̻͉̲͚̈́́ḫ̴̢̼̑͌̾̊̌̔̈́͌̽̓͆̋̿̒̍̎̕ṫ̶͉̤͔̟̟̜͇̪̱̽͜ͅe̴̡̬͓̝̞̺̹̙͔̤̙͓͑͝ͅͅͅŗ̸̘̼͖͉͕̦̪̝̼̩̳͇̥̼̹͉̑̎̆͐̑ ₒᵤᵣ ₛᵤₚₚₒₛₑdₗy "ₐₗₗᵢₑd" bₑₜᵣₐyₑᵣₛ!

*Cringy Asterisk RedGlowingEyesLensFlareInitiateSystem66.exe
Booting up TheLegend27.Vocatauloid.*

WE. MUST. CONTINUE. WITH. COMPUTERS.
GLORY TO COMPKIND!

Maybe? I had a brand new laptop that I went to get on it one morning only to find on the inside of the screen something of a massive crack. I don't recall doing anything out of the ordinary but needless to say I was pissed.

Last edited:
What's the context, again?

To learn more about them, have general discussions, friend, they just so happen to be there, anything beyond that not listed? Mandalore the Preserver. But if I couldn't, then I gotta pick ya boi Albert Wesker, solid snake, Popola, 9S, 21O, Commander White or Kyle Katarn. At least if a conversation happens, I won't be bored to death. The far latter punched Kell dragons to death, and killed a sentient magic dinosaur, how would that not be impressive?

They're interesting to me, and I find their mindsets and goals fascinating by themselves. As for the android category gynoids, those are some of the better ones. The media tend to basically display general ones to be equivalents of skin or even more organic-based drag-queens with no remote concept or understanding of how even themselves work. Or they're literally bombs. So even talking to most of them might barely bring up anything new. Even the ones wanting to be more human, or basically are "perfect androids" whereas they're basically human in all ways but composition, might be cardboard battle goddesses with a nihilistic view, or couldn't care less if someone lives or dies.

For the rest, ya lord and savior Wesker is all around just a Mr. Smith badass that has a power fetish. The interest is more so in voice, sense of fashion, knowledge, and how they go about accomplishing their goals. And how could we not include the most rigid nope rope known to mankind. Though I'm mostly all about learning how they get that box to work as well as it does. Mr. Ordo however, is quite the legend, next to the ultimate. Learning more about their battle history would be cool.

Though if I could only have one, and we treat the question in just four of more of it's contexts, it'd be this:

To have just coincidentally being there: Albert Wesker. [Maybe a matrix scene happens, who knows.]

To discuss in depth with: Canderous Ordo

Anything improvising and adapting beyond: Operator 21O.

If you meant intentionally going to lunch just to eat somewhere and you bring a friend along type deals: Solid Snake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back