Other Random question of the day

Random question of the day:

What's your favorite adult comedy film?
Blades of Glory. I don't like most comedy movies since they tend to rely on crude humour and that's not really my style. However, this one for some reason I can still watch even years later and enjoy it.

No answers to yesterday's question. Although given the question, that shouldn't be surprising.

Why don't companies realize that by making annoying and overplayed commercials, people will be less likely to buy their product?

No answers to yesterday's question. Although given the question, that shouldn't be surprising.

Why don't companies realize that by making annoying and overplayed commercials, people will be less likely to buy their product?

Because the people selling them add space are very good at making them believe otherwise.

it works like this: The company actually DOES make money. At some point their product IS bought, and they profit. So then they pay platforms such as television, radio, and computer media for time on their platform to advertise. In effect, reminding the public that their product exists. Its relevant to someone somwehere, otherwise their product wouldnt sell and the company wouldnt have the funds to buy said ad space.

Having said that, I would say that 99% of the commercials I see/hear arent relevant to me. But all that means is that I'm not the target audience.

Have you ever randomly seen a celebrity while out in public? If so, did you get a chance to talk to them?
I've seen "local celebrities" twice. One was a lawyer that has a ton of goofy commercials on tv, and the other was a weatherman. To me, they are just the same as any other person, so I had no reason to go up and talk to them.

That's really a tough one for me. I want children but at the moment, I'm not really in any position to care for them. I still have more things I want to do before I settle down in motherhood. Best thing in this situation would be contacting the proper authorities instead.

That's a hard decision. Assuming I'm old enough to, I would take care of it until I could find someone to do it instead. Maybe call a nearby hospital to see if there had been a baby with its features.

Would drop it off at a hospital or something. Children are a huge nope for me. I'm childfree.

I think I'm a pretty good mom. But that doesn't mean that I'll just take up whatever kid someone plops in my lap. I do have my own child to consider. So I'd just contact

What would the world look like if everyone was immortal?
crowded

I think that people would be way less motivated to change the world, because what rush is there when you don't die? Not to mention, there wouldn't be as many people doing death defying stunts and stuff, because, again, what's the thrill when there is no risk of dying?

200 pages of this thread! Woo! Never thought I'd be reaching this milestone when I first started this thread about 4 years ago! Thanks for all the support you guys have given this thread for the past 4 years, and here's to another 100 pages of this thread!

Brushing your teeth is important for the health and wellbeing of your teeth, but is never stopping brushing your teeth good for your teeth?

200 pages of this thread! Woo! Never thought I'd be reaching this milestone when I first started this thread about 4 years ago! Thanks for all the support you guys have given this thread for the past 4 years, and here's to another 100 pages of this thread!

Brushing your teeth is important for the health and wellbeing of your teeth, but is never stopping brushing your teeth good for your teeth?
Congrats!
And that's a great way to absolutely annihilate your enamel and gums, lol

Anything in excess will kill you. Even water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back