Other Random question of the day

200 pages of this thread! Woo! Never thought I'd be reaching this milestone when I first started this thread about 4 years ago! Thanks for all the support you guys have given this thread for the past 4 years, and here's to another 100 pages of this thread!

Random question of the day:

Brushing your teeth is important for the health and wellbeing of your teeth, but is never stopping brushing your teeth good for your teeth?
Congrats on that!
Tbh, your QotD thread is probably one of the most consistent threads on the site. lmao

And no, it would be terrible. You would soon find yourself without teeth.

No answers yesterday. What a shame.

Are there any tv shows that have been going on for too long that should be put out of their misery as soon as possible?

No answers yesterday. What a shame.

Are there any tv shows that have been going on for too long that should be put out of their misery as soon as possible?
Jeezus... the list would be too long. I honestly find that most TV shows are trash. I mean, I don't watch TV directly, but the different series that I see advertised on Streaming services like Netflix and HBOMax are of such low-grade effort and shit for originality. They would all cease and desist immediately if I had any say in the matter. lol

I'm gonna spout off on Netflix in particular, looking at some trending stuff in my favorite genre of sci-fi:

Lost in Space
Dark Matter
The 100
NightFlyers (although, I think this one already died)
Better than Us

and then it kinda turns into a bunch of Anime trends, and I don't even bother watching those at all.

But seriously, if I listed all the series that I thought were garbage, I'd be here all night.

Grey's Anatomy. Far too long. It probably should have ended at season ten or eleven. It definitely doesn't have the same spark it used to.

Law and Order SVU. It stopped being good after Meloni left. What they have now is just a trainwreck.

NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles.

I think the powers that be answered the call and Maury has been cancelled but yeah this crap definitely. DNA tests or lie detector tests. He's the father look at the head, the eyes, the mouth, the glitter. He's not the father, woman runs from the stage howling and jumping on the couch. Whatever this garbage is, it should have had a pin stuck in it long ago.

American Idol

We had to write and illustrate a picture book in second grade. I wrote mine about dragons having to save their home from invading weresheep.

If I wrote one now, it'd probably still be about dragons in some capacity. Maybe a dragon biology book like Dragonology but simplified for younger kids?

We had to write and illustrate a picture book in second grade. I wrote mine about dragons having to save their home from invading weresheep.

If I wrote one now, it'd probably still be about dragons in some capacity. Maybe a dragon biology book like Dragonology but simplified for younger kids?
This is actually a huge throwback for me. One of the first stories I ever wrote was an epic fantasy tale featuring dragons as the main characters. The king had just died without a successor so his subjects from all over the kingdom came together to seek out the fabled "Dragon's Gem" (it had some sort of magical significance which I don't recall now). Those who succeeded in undertaking the dangerous journey and returning it were to become the next successor.

In hindsight it doesn't sound like a very original concept, but I was literally ten or eleven when I wrote it.

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Do you think that musical artists who wrote songs with dark and sinister lyrics gave it a happy sounding melody on purpose because they didn't want the song to sound depressing?

Do you think that musical artists who wrote songs with dark and sinister lyrics gave it a happy sounding melody on purpose because they didn't want the song to sound depressing?
nah, it was probably more out of irony.

Notice for New Members: If you're gonna answer a previously asked question, please quote the question in particular so we can avoid confusion on which question you're answering.

Notice for everyone, New Members included: Please keep debates and SilvaGunner esque nonsense conversations out of this thread. If you're not gonna answer a question, then please don't say anything.

Notice for everyone, New Members included: Don't ask your own questions in this thread. Only I get to ask questions.

Link to the discussion thread for discussion of loaded questions or questions in general: Other - Random question of the day: The Discussions

In this thread I will ask a question everyday, and you will have to answer it. So the first random question of the day is:

What do you prefer? Playstation or Xbox?
I don't really play either, but if I had to choose Playstation seems to have the bigger collection of fun games. Sure, Xbox has Halo, but I can just get that on PC if I so wanted to.

Is it true that lobsters are just scorpion mermaids?
No. They are pinchy cockroaches with tail-fans.

Seriously. Shrimp and lobster and crabs are essentially like the cockroaches of the sea. It's disgusting that people eat them. Nasty bottom feeders

Lobsters are amongst the most fascinating creatures the oceans can provide. To consider them "scoprion mermaids" is a disparagement to the evolutionary genius imbibed within their chitenous existence. Though they are of the same grouping as scorpions, this tells practically nothing aside from their shared ancestry.

Lobsters are amongst the most fascinating creatures the oceans can provide. To consider them "scoprion mermaids" is a disparagement to the evolutionary genius imbibed within their chitenous existence. Though they are of the same grouping as scorpions, this tells practically nothing aside from their shared ancestry.
1200x630bb.jpg

Is it a good idea for YouTubers to expand the kind of content they cover rather than focusing on one specific item within that field of content?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back