Other Random question of the day

I mean, without question. COVID was more than a disease, it was (and still is) a whole phenomenon that shifted how we lived our lives for over a year. There’s been a lot of shifts in almost every field of life, some bigger and some smaller. To name the tip of the iceberg, there’s an increase in online activity especially among demographics that previously were more adverse to it, many companies and employees are giving remote work a greater deal of consideration than before, lockdowns and later restrictions have and will have massive economic consequences ranging from the death of who knows how many small businesses to likely massive inflation everywhere due to the enormous government expenditure that to my understanding was in most places at least fueled by by issuing more money, streaming services spread out a lot and put even more of a stranglehold on movie theaters and cable TV, and this is without addressing political ramifications, cultural ramifications, impacts on health procedures, the many many deaths not only from COVID itself but also due to the adverse mental effects of lockdowns and delays resulting from medical resources given to COVID, and of course the high probability that COVID vaccines will become a bit like the flu vaccines, something that has to be taken somewhat frequently (as in perhaps yearly or once every x years).

Random question of the day:

Is COVID-19 going to affect how our future children and their children will be living their lives?
definitely not gonna go to movie theatres any more. What you pay in a month for netflix (or other movie streaming service) is worlds cheaper than one trip to the movies with a family of three. Everyone realized this when they were stuck at home because of the pandemic. It has changed the face of entertainment for sure.

And (in my town at least) it made small businesses realize that they can't pay their employees crumbs. More younger people are demanding a decent wage for their labor now. before that, any and every business here wanted to pay minimum. Now, they gotta up the ante.

And (in my town at least) it made small businesses realize that they can't pay their employees crumbs. More younger people are demanding a decent wage for their labor now. before that, any and every business here wanted to pay minimum. Now, they gotta up the ante.
This is happening everywhere and it's honestly the best part of Covid.

Security actually and yes.
Radios messed up and had no idea it was a test scramble. 90 mph and a few miles later they stop. We surround with weapons drawn and THEN we found out it was a test.
Fun times.

Yes, I use it. Mostly to listen to music. Also to watch tutorials there on various subjects because it's nice to actually see how things are supposed to be done, especially if it's something complicated.
I can't say I have favorite youtubers as I mostly look for specific content rather than follow someone.
There is a channel of a music studio that I've been following for a few years because I love what they're doing and also I'm learning to play one of the instruments they use in the band so it's a way to learn something about it.

Do you use YouTube? If so, who are your favorite YouTubers?
Yes. i use Youtube all the time. I'm listening to it right now, actually.
But not for youtubers. I just use it to listen to music while I write.

I listen to YouTube all the time. I like listening to history channels like Overly Sarcastic, Linfamy, Invicta, and Jack Rackham.

Edit: Also, Fire Department Chronicles is hilarious.

On a side note to those of you who use Youtube, I recommend an ad blocker. I forget that I have it on my computer until i access youtube from a different device or someone else is listening to music on it. I forget how annoying their ads are when they interrupt your music.

YouTubers:
I love history ones like Kings and Generals, Oversimplified and HistoryMarche.
Some letsplayers I enjoy would be Turin, Wtiiwarcraft and Mr. Samuel Streaner.
I enjoy reaction channels like Blindwave, MellVerse, Holden Hardman and TBR Schmitt.
I like some comedy ones like Viva La Dirt League, ExplosmEntertainment, Flashgitz
Finally I like watching Miniwargaming [MWG] and Mountain Miniatures for tabletop battlereports.

No answers yesterday. But with a question like that, it was to be expected.

Do you use YouTube? If so, who are your favorite YouTubers?
Mainly Music but a few channels I find myself on occasionally:

Smosh - Funny enough I actually like the new cast more than Anthony and Ian at times.

Team Four Star - Been watching DBCember, use to watch them a lot but when dbza ended I went through some things. Will prob stop again after Christmas

WoolieVersus/PatStaresAt - Remnants of the Super Best Friends, always good stuff

GMM - Been my morning show since first year of college

And some various channels that lp and podcast archives. Makes good background noise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back