Other Random question of the day

Random question of the day:

What are some of the biggest consequences someone got for spoiling a movie (That you know of)?
I think the worst I've seen is someone get kicked/banned from a facebook group for blatantly giving up spoilers to a series. But... that's about it.

What's one TV show/movie/game that the audience and the critics hate, but the actors involved love (Example: Teen Titans GO)?
I.... have no idea. tbh, i never really look into interviews of movies or tv series that I've watched. I just watch the movie/series for what it is. I tend to not care about commentaries.

What video game company (Not video game, video game company) has the most toxic fanbase?
wait... the companies have fans? I just thought people were fans of their products. I didn't know that people would fan over the company itself. Like, I can see that people are fans of say, the Mario Bros. Franchise. But I've never heard anyone proclaim to be a Nintendo fan. It's just so vague and just begs for someone to retort with bringing up a notoriously shit product they made and say, "So you're even a fan of (that shit product)?"

What video game company (Not video game, video game company) has the most toxic fanbase?

Oh... huh. Toxic in what way? Toxic to the company, toxic to other fans or...? Cause Nintendo fans are super toxic.... Just to themselves. The stuff they willingly put up with from Nintendo, or Nintendo orientated games, like Pokemon, blows my mind. They get away with things that would have Sony/Microsoft/EA/Whatever drawn and quartered.

EA fans are probably the most toxic to the company, itself. Not that EA doesn't deserve it [but others certainly deserve just as much hate like TakeTwo and Ubisoft]. Usually aren't super toxic to other fans though outside of, 'Bro, stop buying their stuff'.

Before the last couple of years, I'd have probably said Blizzard fans, but most have kinda... jumped onto the 'Yea, this company is horrible and not what they used to be'.

... Sony maybe?

Most supportive fans are probably SquareEnix fans [Specifically of Final Fantasy and even more specifically because of Yoshi-P, I don't even play FF14 and don't really have any big desire to play FF16, but even I like Yoshi-P].

I've never seen the movie 300, but my understanding of the real battle tells me... Maybe? I guess it depends on what would affect your opinion on him and how over-the-top the movie portrays him.

On the one hand, he and his men did agree to a suicide mission to protect the rest of Greece, and they absolutely kicked Persian ass. Leonidas and his men brought a much larger force to a standstill for several days until a local betrayed them. That's badass anyway you look at it.

On the other hand, Leonidas and his 300 didn't handle that pass single-handedly. Once you count their slaves and their Theban and Thespian allies there were closer to 1500-2000 soldiers. I'd still consider that impressive considering the Persians we're fielding at least 100,000, but Leonidas and his men really only deserve a portion of the credit.

Spartans also weren't the uber-disciplined juggernauts we think of them as. (That reputation actually came from milking tales of this specific battle for all they were worth.) At the time, the Spartans were considered moderately good soldiers, a bit behind Thebes (the actual military powerhouse) in ability. Most of their wars were fought against their own unarmed slaves. In fact, they rarely went on campaign due to fear of a slave revolt. Spartans also didn't practice much in the way of group drills, so while each individual Spartan may have been strong and brave, they lacked coordination. Leonidas included. In fact, he may have been even less capable than your average Spartan because he would have had to spend so much time performing religious rituals. (The Spartans were incredibly superstitious.)

Edit: For why lacking coordination is so important, the Greeks - Sparta included - fought almost exclusively in blocks of spearmen called phalanxes. The success of the Phalanx depended on the soldiers staying in tight formation. If your Phalanx couldn't move as one it created gaps on the shield wall that could be exploited.

Last edited:
No. 300 really isn't meant to be taken seriously and I don't think it ever pretends to be. For instance:

Sparta had two kings, Leonidas was just one of them. The custom was one would go to war and the other would stay in Sparta. Sparta would never send its full army to do anything because they had such a massive ratio of slaves to citizen that they needed a large force to keep order.

They not being able to march to war because of the moon wasn't why only 300 Spartans showed up [Them not being able to march for war is why they didn't show up at the Battle of Marathon and got to be bitter that they missed out on the victory and prestige Athens gained]. As for why he only brought 300, some stories say it is because it is what the Oracle of Delphi told him, other historians believe there was an issue with the council still not fully backing the war and others that it was a vanguard to help hold until a larger army could be organized. Really hard to say for sure as records are hard to come by and most of the records of such time periods tend to be written after the fact with a bit of... embellishment thrown in [You don't quite get the detailed records of WW2 here].

The idea to fight at Thermopylae was not Leonidas' idea. It was Themistocles of Athens. Although Leonidas did lead the ground forces [While Themistocles commanded the Athenian navy which we don't see in the movie but are the reason the Persian's didn't just sail units around to flank them because while they moved the army across land, their supply lines were being carried over the sea. This may sound odd, but it was pretty common. It's just easier, and cheaper, to ferry large amounts of supplies by boat then it is by wagon].

The invasion was primarily to falcon punch Athens which had been a thorn in the Persia's side for a long time, including, encouraging revolts like with the Ionian Revolts. I'd be rather shocked if anyone in Persia actually knew who the Spartans were or cared prior to this.

Which musical artists do you believe are worthy of a memorial concert similar to the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert?
Ozzy. I know he's not dead yet. But when he goes... man, oh man is it gonna be with a helluva lot of fanfare

First off, Happy New Year to all users of RPNation! May 2022 bring you lots of joy and welfare!

Do you plan any resolutions for the new year? If so, what's one of your resolutions for this year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back